• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:29
CEST 19:29
KST 02:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9933 users

ZeNEXYong joins Vile Gaming

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Stealth.
Profile Joined October 2011
United States115 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-24 09:46:07
November 24 2011 05:36 GMT
#1
[image loading]


Vile Gaming is very proud to announce the newest addition to the Team Vile Roster – SungYong “vileYong” Hong.
Formerly from the progaming team ZeNEX, Yong will now be representing Vile Gaming.
With much experience under his belt, and a very solid style, we believe that he is a perfect fit into the Vile Gaming Family.

Andrew "Atticus" Lemenager, General Manager of Vile Gaming, had this to say about Yong:
We are all very excited to be adding Yong to our SC2 roster. Vile Gaming and its players have been showing incredible results in recent months, culminating with three players in the championship bracket at MLG Providence. With this addition, I’m confident that we will keep this momentum into the next season. Today we gain both a great practice partner and a wonderful personality, and I’m looking forward to seeing what he can do at a North American event.


Official Announcement and Interviews can be found HERE

[image loading]

Vile Gaming got a quick interview with Yong upon joining the team
Thank you to Jaewon "Bunker" Park for the translations.

Hello there Yong, nice to have you sit down with us. Please introduce yourself for those who don't know you.
Hi My Name is SungYong Hong, I am 24 years old and I play Protoss. My fans know me as ZeNEXYong but now I am going to be vileYong!

When did you start playing Starcraft 2 and coming into it, did you always want to be a progamer?
Hmm.. for starcraft2, i started playing right after finishing the army and when I wasn't going to school yet. I was able to play StarCraft 2 when open beta started in korea. When i was younger, I always had hopes and dreams of becoming a starcraft player but as of right now, i'm not so sure. There is so much practice and dedication involved


Interesting, So what made you interested in playing Starcraft 2?
After the army, I was looking for something to do. Fighting and Space always interested me, and Starcraft 2, was that for me. I thought it looked very fun and it would be very easy to be good at. Once I started playing I saw it as the complete opposite and very challenging

What made you say that? Prior to SC2, did you have a background at RTS Games?

Somewhat.. before Starcraft 2, I would play a lot of Sudden Attack (fps game), Warcraft 3, and Starcraft 1. Not competitively though, just as a hobby. So I guess yes, but at the same time no.

So, Playing Starcraft 2 for a little over a year now, What would you say your biggest achievements thus far?
For me, I think a great accomplishment for me would be playing in the GSL Season 1 and making it up to the round of 64. Aside for that, I did win a TL Open 2nd place, and then winning 1st place on the TL Open after that one.

So, after being a part of the progaming team ZeNEX and being with them for a long time, What have you learned and experienced being a progamer?
I learned alot. I learned how to mass practice like progamers do and that it takes alot of discipline and hard work. I am very thankful to have gone through that because It has improved my game so much from since I started playing.

How do you feel as a player coming from a proteam like ZeNEX and transitioning into a foreign team like Vile?
I am very very excited, at first nervous because I thought that the language barrier would be a big issue, and have difficulties feeling comfortable, but with team mates like vileDdoRo who helps me, and the team using easy to understand words, I feel at home.

That’s great to hear. So what made you decide to sign with Vile and what do you like most about them?
I became very familiar with Vile when I first came to North America Server and met DdoRo. We became very close friends and I would always run into a Vile Member in ladder and they were all very skilled. Naturally I became friends with everyone in the team. I liked how they were all very nice people and at the same time very skilled and practice hard. I enjoy my time with them so I decided to be teammates with them.

Awesome! So now that you’ve joined Vile, what would your fans be looking forward to?
The fans can expect great performances from me, whether it be tournaments or any type of competition. Fans can also see me practice while I stream and I hope that my fans will support me.

Very good, So as we close this off, Do you have any last shoutouts, and words for your fans. In English please :D
^^ Thank you all my fans, I love you all very much. Thank you very much Team Vile and all players, together, Vile Fighting! All my fans, please Cheer me~



To those who wants to follow vileYong, you can follow him at:
Twitter: http://twitter.com/vileYong
Stream: http://twitch.tv/proddongs

You can follow the rest of Team Vile and Vile Gaming in General at:
http://facebook.com/VileGaming
http://twitter.com/VileGaming

And now released, Our newly designed website strictly for the Team and its fans.
http://teamvile.net

For Vile Gaming in General
http://vilegaming.com


[image loading]

Vile Gaming Current Roster

vileYong
vileDdoRo
vileSpanishiwa
vileHawk
vilePsY
vileChAnCe
vileSyNc
vileState
vileDomorin
vileiLLusion
vileHasHe



vileStealth - TeamVile.net - VileGaming.com
StateSC2
Profile Joined September 2010
Korea (South)621 Posts
November 24 2011 05:36 GMT
#2
YES!! SARANGHAEYOOOOOOOOOO
Fireblast!: "This guy is pointless and wonderful"
Stealth.
Profile Joined October 2011
United States115 Posts
November 24 2011 05:37 GMT
#3
This is the OFFICIAL POST! :D
vileStealth - TeamVile.net - VileGaming.com
Atticus.axl
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States456 Posts
November 24 2011 05:37 GMT
#4
Yong Hwaiting~ Really happy to have him on board. ^________^
DoctorHelvetica <3
Wunder
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom2950 Posts
November 24 2011 05:39 GMT
#5
GOGO Yong fighting! ^^
Writer@joonjoewong
RPR_Tempest
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Australia7799 Posts
November 24 2011 05:42 GMT
#6
lmfao ZeNEX lost another player?
Soundwave, Zerg player from Canberra, Australia. @SoundwaveSC
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
November 24 2011 05:45 GMT
#7
Congratulations to Zenex Yong, not sure how he can be afforded. This is very surprising!
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Merikh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States918 Posts
November 24 2011 05:47 GMT
#8
On November 24 2011 14:42 RPR_Tempest wrote:
lmfao ZeNEX lost another player?


You didn't know ZeNEX is about dead right now?
G4MR | I mod day9, djwheat and GLHF's stream
StyLeD
Profile Joined January 2011
United States2965 Posts
November 24 2011 05:47 GMT
#9
Yong hwaiting! ZeNEX is crumbling as a competitive team. I think they're still a decent sized clan, but their competitive team is all but gone.
"Even gophers love Starcraft" - Tasteless. || Davichi | IU <3
Stealth.
Profile Joined October 2011
United States115 Posts
November 24 2011 05:47 GMT
#10
On November 24 2011 14:45 Torte de Lini wrote:
Congratulations to Zenex Yong, not sure how he can be afforded. This is very surprising!


With love and snuggles!
vileStealth - TeamVile.net - VileGaming.com
juked
Profile Joined May 2010
United States691 Posts
November 24 2011 05:48 GMT
#11
Nice saw this a little early but this is very good.
RPR_Tempest
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Australia7799 Posts
November 24 2011 05:50 GMT
#12
On November 24 2011 14:47 Merikh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2011 14:42 RPR_Tempest wrote:
lmfao ZeNEX lost another player?


You didn't know ZeNEX is about dead right now?

...Obviously.
Soundwave, Zerg player from Canberra, Australia. @SoundwaveSC
skatbone
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1005 Posts
November 24 2011 05:53 GMT
#13
Great pickup Vile! I love watching Yong's stream. Damn...between Yong, Spanishiwa, and Hashe, you have good streams for each race.
Mercurial#1193
BunkerJ1
Profile Joined November 2011
United States11 Posts
November 24 2011 05:54 GMT
#14
great interview done by Stealth. great job and i was really looking forward to seeing more korean pro gamers coming over to foreign teams. and of course, sexy translations by me =D
홍성용서수님 화이팅~!
Hawk2
Profile Joined August 2010
United States229 Posts
November 24 2011 05:55 GMT
#15
Welcome to the team
ninjamyst
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1903 Posts
November 24 2011 05:57 GMT
#16
nice! congrats for getting 3rd place at IPL Map Maker tournament!
K3Nyy
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1961 Posts
November 24 2011 06:00 GMT
#17
Nice! Yong fighting!
Alejandrisha
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6566 Posts
November 24 2011 06:01 GMT
#18
this is HUUUUUUUGE
grats to vile!! I love yong's stream!
get rich or die mining
TL+ Member
ChuCky.Ca
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada2497 Posts
November 24 2011 06:04 GMT
#19
wouldnt you just say Yong is joining Vile :0
Most Skilled Current esport Games Scbw>Sc2>Cs1.6>Dota2>Hon>Loopin Louie The Drinking Game>LoL
Alejandrisha
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6566 Posts
November 24 2011 06:05 GMT
#20
On November 24 2011 15:04 ChuCky.Ca wrote:
wouldnt you just say Yong is joining Vile :0

Well you can't now since he has already joined. If you tried to say it now you'd say "VileYong remains on Vile"
get rich or die mining
TL+ Member
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 684
IntoTheiNu 623
SteadfastSC548
Rex104
CosmosSc2 60
EnkiAlexander 53
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 548
Rex 104
UpATreeSC 96
CosmosSc2 60
BRAT_OK 43
Codebar 13
MindelVK 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 40474
Jaedong 1430
Hyuk 757
Soma 751
Mini 475
BeSt 459
Larva 368
Rush 304
Soulkey 256
ZerO 236
[ Show more ]
Snow 170
hero 101
Dewaltoss 94
Liquid`Ret 58
Mind 43
sorry 30
yabsab 29
Killer 26
ToSsGirL 23
Rock 19
Shine 19
Terrorterran 17
Trap 16
Dota 2
qojqva1291
Dendi785
Counter-Strike
Fnx 747
fl0m70
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King92
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3445
crisheroes2327
Khaldor1777
Liquid`Hasu485
Other Games
ArmadaUGS1638
B2W.Neo473
byalli464
ceh9370
KnowMe120
QueenE83
Trikslyr40
Chillindude23
Railgan21
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream84
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 37
• Adnapsc2 9
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki18
• FirePhoenix10
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3438
League of Legends
• TFBlade1031
Other Games
• imaqtpie719
• Shiphtur330
• WagamamaTV255
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16h 32m
OSC
19h 32m
Stellar Fest
19h 32m
OSC
1d 6h
Stellar Fest
1d 19h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.