• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:54
CEST 21:54
KST 04:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8380 users

ZOWIE DIVINA Day 1 Wrap-Up + Players Interview

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Antoine
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States7481 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-12 07:46:36
November 11 2011 16:52 GMT
#1
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Overall Results] +
Colagirl < Metalopolis > DaSakura
Colagirl < Tal'Darim Altar LE > Laejten
Colagirl < Antiga Shipyard > Flo

On this first day of the ZOWIE DIVINA International Invite, Colagirl all-killed her way to a 3-0 victory for the East over the West. Winning the games in fairly convincing fashion, she certainly made a statement that she is one to watch for when the real tournament starts tomorrow. Although many players saved strategies for later, with this being an exhibition match with no outcome on the prizes, the results can't be ignored.

Game One
cn Colagirl spawned at 6 o'clock on Metalopolis, with ca DaSakura across the map from her at 12 o'clock. The Canadian droned hard behind a small clutch of roaches, while her opponent went with a mix of units and drones on speed/bane/roach tech. DaSakura set up a large attack of about 20 roaches and the same number of speedlings, but Colagirl was able to take advantage of the battle occurring at her natural and hold with little economy loss despite initially unfavorable army numbers.

The game still looked in DaSakura's favor as she got up a 3rd behind that attack. Colagirl added a hydralisk den and macro hatch, but still only had 2 mining bases. Multiple attempts to shut down the 11 o'clock base with roaches and hydras were unsuccessful, and she only just got her 3rd as DaSakura was teching to infestors. Right as she maxed, DaSakura was able to run a small group of lings into her opponent's main to stop mining there.

DaSakura then spent a lot of her army trying to attack into a very bad concave at Colagirl's third. She was able to limp away, outrunning off-creep hydras. The next engagement was below her own third, where, despite fresh-off-the-line infestors, she couldn't convincingly beat her antagonist's upgraded roach/hydra mix. The addition of infestors to Colagirl's army let her continually deny DaSakura's 4th and 5th, and the Canadian eventually GGed out as her army dwindled while her opponent's only grew.

Game Two
The command center of se Laejten landed at 4 o'clock on Tal'Darim Altar LE, clockwise of cn Colagirl at 1 o'clock. Colagirl went hatch-first again, while Laejten chose to forgo any early marine pressure in favor of reactored hellions. Unfortunately for her, two of her hellions got caught below the right watchtower and eliminated by surrounding zerglings. This opened the door for Colagirl to get aggressive with a bane/speedling mix, wiping out Laejten's army and all the SCVs at the natural.

A failed baneling bust of the fact/rax wall outside Laejten's main allowed the Swede to stabilize for a while, but at this point she was on 1 mining base against an unharassed zerg. Although she mustered a force able to retake her nat, that was only because Colagirl was teching and macroing. When the muta flock flew in, Laejten was ill equipped to deal with them and GG'd out.

Game Three
Once again cn Colagirl chose to hatch first, this time at the 7 o'clock position on Antiga Shipyard. The last player for the Eastern team, us Flo, was found across the map at 1 o'clock. Flo opened with reactor hellions and 2 rax behind that (one with a tech lab and 1 blank). Colagirl went for ling speed and a roach warren, with 1 spine crawler for defense.

Colagirl spotted the first hellions moving out with a ling at Flo's nat, and moved down an extra queen to her own natural, also building an evolution chamber to block off the attack route behind the minerals. When those hellions were held off relatively easy, Flo retreated to the center watchtower and waited for her all-in timing. Pulling 6 or 7 SCVs along with a force of marauders and hellions, she moved out right as stim was about to finish.

Colagirl had more than enough to deal with it, though. By the time that army got to her front door, she had banelings (no speed, but on creep), a decent amount of roaches, and some zerglings. The banelings all detonated on marauders, but the hellions were largely ineffective while the roaches quickly finished off the marauders. Colagirl chased the retreating terran army all across the map, pausing at the bottom of the main ramp only to morph about 10 banes. With both depots in the wall down, she was able to waltz in and detonate on the marauder force saved for defense, putting Flo so far down that she decided to GG.


Post-Match Press Conference
[image loading]
Colagirl, you looked in trouble multiple times during the first game. How did you win?
Colagirl: I got lucky. Most people probably thought I would lose when DaSakura was in such a strong position, but somehow I was able to win.

Flo, why did you choose an all-in strategy?
Flo: I didn't want to reveal my planned strategies for TvZ, so I just did a strat I sometimes use on ladder.

Colagirl, what do you think of the event?
Colagirl: It's very hard to find so many skilled female players, and the hosting organizations (ZOWIE and BenQ) did a really good job of finding players and picking all skilled players. They are all very strong, Master's League-quality or better.

Aphrodite, what do you think?
Aphrodite: I'm very happy about it and it's a great honor for me. The players here are very strong, but I will try my best to win.

Today Colagirl won 3-0 and the other players of the Eastern team didn't have a chance to show their skills.What are your goals for tomorrow?
Aphrodite: Today the Eastern team won so I am very happy, but it's a pity I didn't get to show my skill. For tomorrow I will try my best to win and show good games.

What are your strongest advantages as a player?
Aphrodite: Well, I think I am strongest in the TvP matchup, but there are no Protoss here, so that's not an advantage for me but I'll try my best. (T)RainBOw gives me lots of help with all his experience. He needs to practice a lot, but he still spends a lot of time teaching me about skills and strategies.

SsQ, what is your goal for tomorrow?
SsQ: I hope I won't be nervous for tomorrow, and I hope that after tomorrow's games I will place in the top 3, and I think that Colagirl and Flo will be my strongest enemies.

DaSakura, you showed a great first game and it's a pity that you lost. What is your analysis?
DaSakura: I lost because I'm very bad in ZvZ. I did my roach/ling all-in and it failed, and I didn't have gas for the upgrades so I fell behind there. Colagirl had hydras to kill overlords and played really well.

Two times there were maxed fights, why did you lose the fight?
DaSakura: It was because of the upgrades. Also, I had very bad nerves, so I couldn't control my units properly.

Eastern media are not familiar with your play. Please tell us what you think you can do in this tournament.
DaSakura: I can do well - my worst match-up is ZvZ and there's only 1 other zerg here. I'm good against terran, so I think I can do well.

What place do you think you will get in the round robin?
DaSakura: I don't think I will be first, I think I will be top 3. I am scared of Flo and Colagirl, so I will try to be top 3 but I am not really sure about that.

Do you think playing today to work out the nerves gives you an advantage over those in the Eastern team who didn't play today?
DaSakura: Yes.

Flo, what is the development in the NA scene for females? How big is it, who are notable players, etc.
Flo: It's growing. I attend all the female online tournaments as much as possible to help the female SC2 scene grow, and I definitely think there's potential in seeing more growth in the community.

You lost the last match, will that affect you tomorrow?
Flo: If I had my nerves under control I might be more confident. It's something I have to face. I get nervous and psyched out, and it's something I have to deal with when playing.

Do you think skill or mental control is most important?
Flo: I think skill is most important. Many males think females are in the scene only to be fangirls or to talk to all the progamers, so skill is doubly important, to be successful and to be taken seriously.

Laejten, Sweden is a really strong gaming country with a huge presence. Why do you have so many good players?
Laejten: We have really good internet and it gets dark early (like 4pm in the winter), so we are traditionally strong, like in Quake, Counter-Strike, and WarCraft 3.

In your loss today was it just a throwaway strat, or was it some sort of mistakes?
Laejten: I didn't reveal any of my strats today, and I was nervous so I made a lot of mistakes - I messed up my wallin, I lost 2 hellions for free, and so forth.

Who is your favorite swedish player and your favorite international player?
Laejten: I like (T)ThorZaIN because he is terran, I also like (T)SjoW, and I like (Z)MorroW as well. And International? I think I gotta go with (T)SeleCT.

Did you teach GeT_RiGhT how to play SC2?
Laejten: Yes, I did teach him and he's OK, he's Diamond. I normally beat him but one time he cheesed me, and I didn't talk to him for 2 days. He really enjoys SC2. When he's on break from CS he plays a lot, like 50 games in 3 days.
ModeratorFlash Sea Action Snow Midas | TheStC Ret Tyler MC | RIP 우정호
JinDesu
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3990 Posts
November 11 2011 16:57 GMT
#2
Yowza, going 3-0 with zerg, and Flo is a pretty tough opponent to face too!
Yargh
SilentLucidity
Profile Joined January 2011
United States4 Posts
November 11 2011 21:03 GMT
#3
How come the archives on own3d.tv are a little wonky?
leveller
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden1840 Posts
November 11 2011 21:21 GMT
#4
If there are vods please link them too laejten fighting!
red4ce
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States7313 Posts
November 11 2011 21:29 GMT
#5
It will be funny if Aphrodite wins this event because that would mean she'd have more prizemoney in 2011 than (T)RainBOw
Miefer
Profile Joined March 2011
Taiwan229 Posts
November 11 2011 21:44 GMT
#6
On November 12 2011 06:21 leveller wrote:
If there are vods please link them too laejten fighting!


http://sc2.plu.cn/vod/qita/5588.html
they are in chinese but better than the laggy vods on own3d
Antoine
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States7481 Posts
November 12 2011 07:46 GMT
#7
Added a photo from the press conference.
ModeratorFlash Sea Action Snow Midas | TheStC Ret Tyler MC | RIP 우정호
Simonius
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany98 Posts
November 12 2011 11:22 GMT
#8
On November 12 2011 06:29 red4ce wrote:
It will be funny if Aphrodite wins this event because that would mean she'd have more prizemoney in 2011 than (T)RainBOw

Yeah, right. This would be really funny. Because price money shouldn't reflect your effort and skill but your gender.
Suikakuju
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany238 Posts
November 12 2011 11:24 GMT
#9
Yep, was little sad that here so mayn problems on english stream Lets hope its solved today.

And thanks for the pics
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
nam nam
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden4672 Posts
November 12 2011 11:35 GMT
#10
On November 12 2011 20:22 Simonius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 12 2011 06:29 red4ce wrote:
It will be funny if Aphrodite wins this event because that would mean she'd have more prizemoney in 2011 than (T)RainBOw

Yeah, right. This would be really funny. Because price money shouldn't reflect your effort and skill but your gender.


That's not how it works in a free market.
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1525
RotterdaM969
TaKeTV 420
IndyStarCraft 198
SteadfastSC185
ZombieGrub101
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1525
RotterdaM 969
IndyStarCraft 198
SteadfastSC 185
MaxPax 182
RuFF_SC2 154
ZombieGrub101
UpATreeSC 67
MindelVK 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2690
Shuttle 522
Dewaltoss 122
910 69
Mind 61
Bale 13
Counter-Strike
fl0m4027
pashabiceps1219
Fnx 687
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu619
Other Games
Grubby4997
summit1g1498
Beastyqt801
shahzam439
mouzStarbuck382
ToD219
C9.Mang0147
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV205
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 192
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 16
• Eskiya23 14
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade318
Other Games
• imaqtpie730
• Shiphtur330
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 6m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 6m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
15h 6m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.