• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:11
CEST 15:11
KST 22:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)43Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8472 users

[Interview] Winners of Code S Semifinals

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
Lixler
Profile Joined March 2010
United States265 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-06 03:29:14
September 05 2011 22:30 GMT
#1
Winner of MVP vs July

+ Show Spoiler +


[image loading]
IM_MVP

Q: You've returned to the Code S finals after 4 seasons.
A: I've been hearing “4 seasons” a lot, and it has been a long time. But it feels even longer. Now that I am back in the finals after such a long time, I will definitely seize victory.

Q: You did a proxy 2 rax in the first game. What was your reasoning?
A: I saw that Ryung had practiced this for his games against July. He practiced it but didn't end up using it in the games themselves. I remembered that he had prepared the strategy, and asked him if it would be okay if I used it, and he approved.

Q: In the second game, it felt like Zerg got choked out.
A: Metalopolis has two attack paths, so the player who attacks is put at a disadvantage. If you attack, you can be left open to counterattacks, so I chose to play this defensive strategy.

Q: Your ghost usage was impressive. Did you practice this?
A: In practice, I used ghosts when things started to go into the late game. I saw this pattern emerging in practice and decided to mix ghosts in.

Q: Why don't you use ghosts often?
A: In practice, there are a lot of cases where I am pushed to use them. You might start seeing a lot of big changes in builds. [T/N I guess he's saying there are a lot of situations in practice where using them is good, and more opportunities to use them in live games might start presenting themselves]

Q: You had won every game so far, but then encountered an all-in in the third game.
A: I thought that he might all-in, but I did not expect it at such a fast time. I didn't have time to prepare for the bust. I thought I could stop it, but it came really quickly and I lost in the blink of an eye.

Q: You won by the power of the Thor in the fourth game.
A: IMHappy uses this Thor strategy a lot. I remembered him saying it was good, so I thought I would try it once. It doesn't seem to be a bad strategy.

Q: Your opponent in the finals is OGSTop. Thoughts?
A: When I first started playing Starcraft 2, Top was a top player. When I was first learning to play, I learned a lot from watching him. When I couldn't grasp the game, watching his games was a big help. The games will be interesting.

Q: This is your fourth finals against a Terran.
A: Honestly, I don't especially like meeting Terrans in the finals. I always seem to advance to meet a Terran; usually I advance by beating players of the other races. I'd like to face a player of a different race in the finals. But since I've faced Terran 4 times in Best of 7 matches, I have some experience and this should turn out to be helpful.

Q: You have a jinx where if you advance through the Round of 32, you always win.
A: I think the jinx will continue this time. I feel good. It seems that the Round of 32 is always the most crucial thing.

Q: You have a chance to become the first Terran with 3 titles.
A: When Nestea won his third title, I was in America because of MLG. When I heard Nestea was the first to do so, my stomach hurt and I got envious. This time, I will definitely win my third title, and maybe MC will get jealous and have a stomachache. (laughs)

Q: Anything else you want to say?
A: I want to thank IMHorror, IMTrue, IMNestea, IMMinSeok, CheckPrime, ZenexLife, ZenexTanDongHo [T/N now DignitasTanDongHo], and MVPDongRaeGu for their help in practice. I would also like to thank my parents and my girlfriend for always cheering me on.


Winner of Polt vs Top

+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]
OGS_Top



Q: This is your first Code S finals. Thoughts?
A: I'm still not sure. But the last game was very difficult; I made a comeback win and so I'm really excited. I'll return to the team house very happy.

Q: You struggled against Polt's Bionic play.
A: It was strange, I kept losing fights that I thought I would win. I didn't know Bionic could be that strong. I learned a lot in the games today.

Q: You seemed to play defensively today. Was this a response to your opponent's style?
A: The maps today were good for defensive play, so I prepared a style that suited that. This also seemed to turn out well against Polt's aggressive style.

Q: You got revenge for the Super Tournament semifinals.
A: I tried to forget about it, but I couldn't. I got revenge for that, so I'm glad.

Q: You were up 2:0, but you didn't look comfortable.
A: I had the most confidence in my practice for the third set, so I thought I could win 3:0. But Polt made a lot of good movements, so I lost. After that I was in a poor position in the fourth game, so I kept thinking of the Super Tournament. But even though I was in a poor position, I just focused on turning things around and winning.

Q: In the finals, you will be matched against the winner of MVP vs July. Who would you rather face?
A: I'm confident against Zerg, so I'd like it if July advanced. But if MVP advances, this will be the first time we have met, so it won't be too bad. I feel confident against Terran too.

Q: This will be the first time a Terran on your team makes it to the finals.
A: I would like if the other Terrans see my performance and feel motivated. That way, everyone will work hard and some other Terrans will also make it to the finals. Before this season first started, Nada promised that we would meet in the finals. But Nada didn't advance to the finals, so it's somewhat regrettable.

Q: How will you prepare for the finals?
A: All the teams are on vacation, so practice will be difficult. But our team's Terrans are very good, so I will mainly practice with them.

Q: Anything else you'd like to say?
A: It's been a year since I first started playing. Until now I've struggled, but now I've gotten a chance. I don't want to let this chance pass me by, so I will practice diligently and definitely win the tournament.
I want to thank EGPuma, MVPKeen, TSLAlive, SlayersMMA, IMHappy, and all the players on my team for their help in practice. I would like to thank my parents, coach, and director for cheering me on, and Mom's Touch for their support.
BlackGosu
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada1046 Posts
September 05 2011 22:32 GMT
#2
awesome!!

+ Show Spoiler +
i like mvp, but i hate tvt finals T_T
Jar Jar Binks
mjf
Profile Joined April 2010
United States436 Posts
September 05 2011 22:34 GMT
#3
thanks for these
SpecFire
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1681 Posts
September 05 2011 22:34 GMT
#4
hahahah MMA helped TOP practice

good job MMA! you defeated polt in some kind of way -.-
•|SlayerS_MMA| • Ryung • Fin • Puzzle •
kineticSYN
Profile Joined May 2011
United States909 Posts
September 05 2011 22:35 GMT
#5
rofl @ mvps practice partners, can't say it wasn't expected though

losira, nestea, drg, line, and some others

love these interviews, thanks!
IMMvp #1 :)
ch33psh33p
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
7650 Posts
September 05 2011 22:36 GMT
#6

Q: You have a chance to become the first Terran with 3 titles.
A: When Nestea won his third title, I was in America because of MLG. When I heard Nestea was the first to do so, my stomach hurt and I got envious. This time, I will definitely win my third title, and maybe MC will get jealous and have a stomachache. (laughs)


Lol MVP, he's gonna take this down or he might get diarrhea.
secret - never again
cablesc
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1540 Posts
September 05 2011 22:39 GMT
#7
On September 06 2011 07:34 SpecFire wrote:
hahahah MMA helped TOP practice

good job MMA! you defeated polt in some kind of way -.-


Lol. I bet MMA wanted Polt to go down so bad.
Slayers Forever! Rip. :( - Not the eSports organizer, that's CableStarcraft.
Indrium
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2236 Posts
September 05 2011 22:43 GMT
#8
TOP is much better than people have given him credit for, but I still can't see him taking down MVP. Don't know if I have the stomach for TVT finals though.
DeepBlu2
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
United States975 Posts
September 05 2011 22:44 GMT
#9
Thanks. I was pretty surprised to say the least that Polt lost to Top. Was unexpected to me. It definitely made me a TOP fan now though and I'll be rooting for him.
u gotta sk8
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-05 22:52:43
September 05 2011 22:45 GMT
#10
Thanks <3 On the first pic the new breast of the Korean caster are evident. Guess she's pregnant or had surgery ? (this raised some questions in the LR thread xD)

Thanks a lot Lixler for the translation.
TOP practiced with Puma, that's cool. Guess Huk made the connexion.
zyzq
Profile Joined February 2011
United States3123 Posts
September 05 2011 22:47 GMT
#11
Thanks for the interview as always
GenesisX
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada4267 Posts
September 05 2011 22:48 GMT
#12
On September 06 2011 07:43 Indrium wrote:
TOP is much better than people have given him credit for, but I still can't see him taking down MVP. Don't know if I have the stomach for TVT finals though.


It really sucks that I haven't seen a TOP game in so long, the only one I remember is his embarrassing loss in GSTL on Bel'shir. (Thats probably why I have such a bad image of him). But for him to get this far is no small feat! I hope he wins Code S :D
133 221 333 123 111
Karliath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2214 Posts
September 05 2011 22:50 GMT
#13
MVP's going to be the next IM player to win three titles.
Oboeman
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada3980 Posts
September 05 2011 22:55 GMT
#14
uh oh Top has been training with IMHappy
ranjutan
Profile Joined November 2010
United States636 Posts
September 05 2011 23:00 GMT
#15
Nice interview, thanks!

On September 06 2011 07:48 GenesisX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2011 07:43 Indrium wrote:
TOP is much better than people have given him credit for, but I still can't see him taking down MVP. Don't know if I have the stomach for TVT finals though.


It really sucks that I haven't seen a TOP game in so long, the only one I remember is his embarrassing loss in GSTL on Bel'shir. (Thats probably why I have such a bad image of him). But for him to get this far is no small feat! I hope he wins Code S :D


You should really watch Game 1 of TOP vs Polt, you can catch it free without a season ticket and it's quite an entertaining game. 8)
http://i53.tinypic.com/1r3j0p.gif
AXygnus
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Portugal1008 Posts
September 05 2011 23:01 GMT
#16
Whoa, training with Puma? Is Puma in Korea? I thought he would only go later...
"To create, to recreate. To create, to recreate. Down to the last seed, I stand with a dark stare. Still silent. Still frighteningly silent."
mlgtvfan
Profile Joined September 2011
17 Posts
September 05 2011 23:05 GMT
#17
On September 06 2011 07:45 MrCon wrote:
Thanks <3 On the first pic the new breast of the Korean caster are evident. Guess she's pregnant or had surgery ? (this raised some questions in the LR thread xD)

Thanks a lot Lixler for the translation.
TOP practiced with Puma, that's cool. Guess Huk made the connexion.


Nah, Puma is really well known in the Korean starcraft community as he was "the most requested practice partner in Korea for brood war" and Koreans in Starcraft 2 generally were involved in brood war.
mlgtvfan
Profile Joined September 2011
17 Posts
September 05 2011 23:05 GMT
#18
On September 06 2011 08:01 AXygnus wrote:
Whoa, training with Puma? Is Puma in Korea? I thought he would only go later...


Puma is in NA, and EG is using proxys to make lag from Kor to NA nonexistant.
tuho12345
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
4482 Posts
September 05 2011 23:07 GMT
#19
Top's macro level is pretty close to MVP. In TvT he's always try to get 1 base ahead of his opponent. Really nice to see him practice with MMA.
tuho12345
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
4482 Posts
September 05 2011 23:09 GMT
#20
On September 06 2011 07:45 MrCon wrote:
Thanks <3 On the first pic the new breast of the Korean caster are evident. Guess she's pregnant or had surgery ? (this raised some questions in the LR thread xD)

Thanks a lot Lixler for the translation.
TOP practiced with Puma, that's cool. Guess Huk made the connexion.

Haha exactly what I thought! xD
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 489
SteadfastSC173
TaKeTV 145
ComeBackTV 120
LamboSC288
Rex52
EnkiAlexander 7
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy12
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech178
SteadfastSC 173
LamboSC2 88
Rex 52
BRAT_OK 5
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 36099
Shuttle 3081
Horang2 958
Bisu 917
Jaedong 717
Mini 594
EffOrt 526
Light 443
BeSt 353
firebathero 342
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 314
Soma 312
Stork 264
ggaemo 185
Zeus 172
Snow 159
Last 154
Rush 143
ZerO 140
Pusan 90
Leta 81
hero 66
Killer 57
sorry 51
Sea.KH 50
Sharp 49
Mong 42
Mind 39
Sexy 30
Shinee 28
Shine 26
Aegong 26
Bale 25
ToSsGirL 23
Trap 23
Terrorterran 22
soO 19
NotJumperer 16
Yoon 15
Free 14
PianO 12
HiyA 9
JulyZerg 8
Noble 8
Sacsri 8
Icarus 7
zelot 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5281
qojqva1625
Dendi1003
420jenkins85
Fuzer 55
League of Legends
Reynor108
Counter-Strike
x6flipin501
markeloff127
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2011
crisheroes975
XaKoH 169
Other Games
gofns38745
singsing2193
olofmeister1477
B2W.Neo920
Mlord243
DeMusliM195
Livibee178
Mew2King115
Liquid`VortiX111
Hui .95
QueenE89
ArmadaUGS77
Chillindude18
Railgan12
ZerO(Twitch)11
fpsfer 0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream130
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 64
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1828
League of Legends
• Jankos2192
• TFBlade773
• Nemesis762
Other Games
• WagamamaTV183
Upcoming Events
OSC
10h 49m
Stellar Fest
23h 49m
OSC
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 20h
Online Event
1d 21h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.