• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:03
CEST 00:03
KST 07:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7138 users

[Int] GSL July Code A Winner

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Phosgene
Profile Joined February 2011
United States187 Posts
July 18 2011 14:01 GMT
#1
GSL Code A Winner
[image loading]
Banner©HawaiianPig

Translated From PlayXP
Winner between
(P)Tassadar vs. (P)Puzzle
+ Show Spoiler +

(P)Puzzle
‘I want to take my revenge on LosirA.’
[image loading]
- You just won code A. How do you feel?
I was a bit worried because PvP can be so volatile, but I think I was able to win because I practiced a lot in order to stop 4 gates.

- In the first game, you went 3 gates and lost to a 4 gate.
I was nervous because it was the first game and got hit by some stalker shots which was the result of my poor reaction to the rush.

- You started off by losing the first 2 games.
I was angry. It felt like I did nothing during the first two games and just kind of lost, so I began to get angry at myself.

- By set 6, you started with 4 gates so often that it felt like you didn’t do 4 gate only for 2 games or so.
I don’t usually like to do 4 gate, but my opponent’s 4 gate was too strong. I could only match him when I went 4 gate as well. So I began each match with a defensive 4 gate. I think NSHoSeo protosses are definitely at a different level than most other protosses.

- You became the first person to advance to code S by winning code A.
Even last season, during the up and down matches, 6 out of 8 code A players advanced to code S. So getting into code S right away doesn’t seem to be that different. After I beat MMA I only had victory in my mind. I knew that I would advance to code S after I won that match. I feel great right now.

- How long do you think you will retain your code S spot?
I have said previously that some players in code S do not deserve it, but even with those people in there, I believe code S is an extreme challenge. However, I do not think I am that far behind any of them. As long as I practice hard, I believe the chance that I retain my spot is 100%. I believe I will keep it until I retire.

- You said before you wanted to face LosirA.
I have an overall losing record against him and BanBanssu. I also lost to him (LosirA) during the preliminaries when I felt like I could make it. So I want to face him even more because of that.

- It was the first PvP finals at the GSL and it was full of 4 gates.
I am not the only player who doesn’t like 4 gates. Many protoss players now prefer to play more standard now rather than doing that. But I guess it just is the NSHoSeo style to do this strategy. I think they just like to use strategies that are against the trend.

- Your ambition going into code S?
I didn’t practice as much as I should have to be perfectly sure to secure my victory in code A. So in order to win code S, I think I will need to practice like my life was on the line.

- Any last comments?
I want to thank Yong and cOre for helping me practice. Practicing PvP can be mindnumbing so we just crammed the practice in a short time. It hurts when you have to think so much about the matchup.
+ Show Spoiler +

▼ 코드A 우승을 차지한 소감은?
- 프프전이라 변수가 많아 불안했는데, 4차관 막는 연습을 많이 해서 이길 수 있었던 것 같다.

▼ 1세트에서 3차관을 하다 4차관에 패했는데?
- 초반에 추적자가 몇 대 맞고 시작해서 긴장했고, 빨리 반응을 못해 졌던 것 같다.

▼ 초반 두 세트를 내주고 시작했는데?
- 화가 났다. 아무것도 해보지 못하고 너무 어이없이 져서 내 스스로에게 화가 났다.

▼ 6세트 중 4차관으로 시작하지 않은 세트가 두 세트정도밖에 없는 것 같았는데?
- 4차관을 많이 하는 편은 아닌데, 상대의 4차관이 너무 셌다. 같은 4차관이지만 상대에 따라 강도가 다르다. 그래서 4차관으로 막고 시작하자고 생각했다. NS호서의 프로토스 선수들은 다른 프로토스들과는 뭔가 다르다.

▼ 첫 코드S 직행 선수가 됐는데?
- 전 시즌엔 승강전에서 6명 정도가 올라갔다. 그래서 코드S 직행이라고 해도 별 다른 것은 없는 것 같다. 문성원 선수 이길 때부터 우승에 대한 생각은 하고 있었다. 코드S 직행은 그 경기 이후 알게 됐다. 굉장히 좋다.

▼ 얼마나 오래 코드S에 머무를 수 있을 것 같은가?
- 코드S에 어울리지 않는 선수들이 있다고 했는데, 그런 분들이 있더라도 코드S는 엄청 어려울 것 같다. 하지만 내가 많이 부족하다고 생각하지는 않는다. 연습만 열심히 하면 코드S에서도 잔류는 100% 할 수 있을 것 같다. 은퇴할 때까지 잔류하겠다.

▼ 황강호와 붙고 싶다고 했는데?
- 상대 전적에서도 밀리고, 서명덕 선수뿐만 아니라 한창 분위기가 좋을 때 예선에서 황강호 선수에게 패했다. 그래서 더욱 붙고 싶다.

▼ 최초의 프로토스 동족전 결승이었는데, 4차관 전략이 주를 이뤘다.
- 나만 4차관 안 쓰는 스타일이 아니라 정석적인 플레이를 선호하는 다른 선수들도 잘 쓰지 않는다. NS호서 팀의 스타일인 것 같다. 변칙적인 전략을 잘 쓰는 것 같다.

▼ 코드S에 임하는 각오는?
- 코드A 때 연습을 많이 한 게 아니라 우승할 거란 확신은 하지 못했다. 코드S에서 우승하려면 이제부터 목숨 걸고 연습을 해야 할 것 같다.

▼ 마지막으로 하고 싶은 말은?
- 연습을 도와준 홍성용, 안정민 선수에게 고맙다. 프프전은 연습하면 머리만 아프기 때문에 벼락치기로 연습했다. 생각이 많아지면 머리만 아프다.

글: 이시우(siwoo@playxp.com)
(c)PlayXP



Thanks for reading.
Itsgosu
emecee
Profile Joined September 2010
United States222 Posts
July 18 2011 14:02 GMT
#2
thanks for translating!
Mattchew
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States5684 Posts
July 18 2011 14:04 GMT
#3
i doubt we see puzzle dropping out of code s anytime soon
There is always tomorrow nshs.seal.
TheSubtleArt
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada2527 Posts
July 18 2011 14:04 GMT
#4
On July 18 2011 23:02 emecee wrote:
thanks for translating!

That was a quick response oO
Dodge arrows
Contagious
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States1319 Posts
July 18 2011 14:05 GMT
#5
nice interview. Also, at least Sheth lost to Code A winner.
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
July 18 2011 14:10 GMT
#6
Thanks
Yeah, I imagine practicing PvP non stop for 7 days must make you go insane, because each first 5-7 minutes are just the same with a detail or two that can have an huge role. I can't explain weel but I understand his comment about PvP training (even tho I don't play P)
Itsmedudeman
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States19229 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-18 14:14:24
July 18 2011 14:13 GMT
#7
All the winners of code A have been great. Top, Losira, Bomber, and now Puzzle. Code S should be much better now.
{ToT}ColmA
Profile Joined November 2007
Japan3260 Posts
July 18 2011 14:18 GMT
#8
thanks for the translation
The only virgins in kpop left are the fans
nekuodah
Profile Joined August 2010
England2409 Posts
July 18 2011 14:24 GMT
#9
Thanks for the trans, puzzle seems very confident in himself and sheth lost to this guy right? cant be ashamed of that hes a beast.
iiNsAnE
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany140 Posts
July 18 2011 14:31 GMT
#10
On July 18 2011 23:13 Itsmedudeman wrote:
All the winners of code A have been great. Top, Losira, Bomber, and now Puzzle. Code S should be much better now.


/sign

And nice interview, Puzzle really deserves it imo..
@insane_csgo
Linwelin
Profile Joined March 2011
Ireland7554 Posts
July 18 2011 14:32 GMT
#11
Nice interview!
Practicing PvP for a week must be pretty...harsh?
Fuck Razor and Death Prophet
PartyBiscuit
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada4525 Posts
July 18 2011 15:04 GMT
#12
Glad to see Puzzle and Bomber both are finally in Code S after their huge Zotac hype
the farm ends here
KimJongChill
Profile Joined January 2011
United States6429 Posts
July 18 2011 15:08 GMT
#13
Ahh, smh for the 4gate haha~ Glad puzzle won, saw it coming >:D
MMA: U realise MMA: Most of my army EgIdra: fuck off MMA: Killed my orbital MMA: LOL MMA: just saying MMA: u werent loss
QTIP.
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2113 Posts
July 18 2011 16:12 GMT
#14
yee i like this guy
"Trash Micro but Win. Its Marin." - Min Chul
awilawf
Profile Joined April 2011
24 Posts
July 18 2011 21:19 GMT
#15
Puzzle is a beast
akaname
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom599 Posts
July 18 2011 21:35 GMT
#16
did puzzle knock dong rae gu out of code b in the finals?

i love these up-and-coming players when they finally hit code a, was so great seeing Bomber own up. I remember in January people were saying "wait until you see Bomber and Puzzle, they're code s material".
who else have we got incoming (dong rae gu or sage next?)
There can be only none
pdd
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia9933 Posts
July 18 2011 21:43 GMT
#17
On July 19 2011 06:35 akaname wrote:
did puzzle knock dong rae gu out of code b in the finals?

i love these up-and-coming players when they finally hit code a, was so great seeing Bomber own up. I remember in January people were saying "wait until you see Bomber and Puzzle, they're code s material".
who else have we got incoming (dong rae gu or sage next?)

Nope. That was oGsHero who knocked him out.
TI4 Champions: EE-Sama | B7-God | A-God_2000 | Kappa Lord | pieliedie
QTIP.
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2113 Posts
July 18 2011 21:48 GMT
#18
On July 19 2011 06:35 akaname wrote:
did puzzle knock dong rae gu out of code b in the finals?

i love these up-and-coming players when they finally hit code a, was so great seeing Bomber own up. I remember in January people were saying "wait until you see Bomber and Puzzle, they're code s material".
who else have we got incoming (dong rae gu or sage next?)


Let's not overhype Sage... remember when everyone said yonghwa and seed were going to be code S after that GSTL?

They are still good players and show up from time-to-time, but we haven't seem then in code A yet. Let's hold judgment on Sage for now...
"Trash Micro but Win. Its Marin." - Min Chul
laharl23
Profile Joined February 2011
United States582 Posts
July 18 2011 21:49 GMT
#19
Great job to puzzle. When I saw him beat MMA I knew this guy meant business and kind of expected him to win the whole thing.
Meteora.GB
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada2479 Posts
July 18 2011 21:52 GMT
#20
Puzzle has always been hyped up but he was always back in the seat compare to the hype MMA and Bomber were getting. Its nice to see him in Code S as a strong Protoss. Every Code A champion and finalist has always had solid success in Code S. With players like Coca, Byun, Line and Puzzle, ZeNEX is finally starting to shape into a solid team.
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 57m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 103
JuggernautJason54
ViBE22
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 582
firebathero 78
Zeus 67
910 31
Artosis 2
Dota 2
monkeys_forever444
League of Legends
JimRising 495
Counter-Strike
minikerr5
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS118
PPMD43
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5535
Liquid`Hasu1684
Other Games
summit1g7016
shahzam579
byalli453
C9.Mang0128
UpATreeSC71
Trikslyr46
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV224
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream157
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 92
• Adnapsc2 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki40
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 57m
Kung Fu Cup
12h 57m
Stellar Fest
14h 57m
The PondCast
1d 11h
OSC
1d 14h
Stellar Fest
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.