• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:39
CEST 05:39
KST 12:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202611Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8856 users

Some constructive criticism for tasteless? - Page 34

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 37 Next All
schaf
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany1326 Posts
July 12 2012 14:21 GMT
#661
On July 12 2012 23:10 NEEDZMOAR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2012 22:52 Pandemona wrote:
So do you want two casters discussing high end level mechanics that only GMs would understand? Or would you like one guy (Artosis) doing this and the other (Tasteless) being more noob friendly for those in Masters league and below to help make them follow in the loop? I'd much prefer the second.
The best casters/commentators are the one who knows the most and the other who brings a different aspect, it doesn't have to be a funny aspect it could be just the knowledge of being there and have done it, for example football commentators are always in pairs, you have the guy with all the stats and the good voice who does the majority of talking about the live action with added stats to throw in to keep viewers interested if the game is boring, and you have the seasoned professional at his side, giving his view and opinion on the game or even tactics (like Gary Neville did and Andy Grey) im sure this is the same in other sports in America too. The list is endless for commentator duo's like the footballing ones throughout sports Boxing/Snooker/Cricket/Tennis it's all based around the same sort of style Tastosis are bringing to the GSL every day and there other adventures. One tells you everything that is going on to the upmost indepth knowledge whilst the other is dumbing things down for the lower ended viewers and also throwing in funnies whilst the play is not all that entertaining (take the first 5-6minutes of a quick expo game)



just a quick question; Is Artosis really that high level? I honestly dont see it, I know im in no way a GM or even master, but most of the times I dont understand what's so indepth of what artosis is saying, he's pointing out some obvious things and other times he's just wrong.

I've never said anything because I feel like the faultry is on my part and not on his, but I wish he'd take time to dumb down why some things are so great because most of the times I see the difference in the play that he points out but I dont understand what's so insanely great about it.


He obviously has a huge background in BW, played SC2 from the start, is a masters player (i believe) and well woven in in the korean scene. In my opinion his excellence is in player and build knowledge, he often says *yeah i have seen xxx use this build before and yyy also plays it from time to time but this here is a new variation*...
Axiom wins more than it loses. Most viewers don't. - <3 TB
NEEDZMOAR
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Sweden1277 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-12 14:32:49
July 12 2012 14:32 GMT
#662
On July 12 2012 23:21 schaf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2012 23:10 NEEDZMOAR wrote:
On July 12 2012 22:52 Pandemona wrote:
So do you want two casters discussing high end level mechanics that only GMs would understand? Or would you like one guy (Artosis) doing this and the other (Tasteless) being more noob friendly for those in Masters league and below to help make them follow in the loop? I'd much prefer the second.
The best casters/commentators are the one who knows the most and the other who brings a different aspect, it doesn't have to be a funny aspect it could be just the knowledge of being there and have done it, for example football commentators are always in pairs, you have the guy with all the stats and the good voice who does the majority of talking about the live action with added stats to throw in to keep viewers interested if the game is boring, and you have the seasoned professional at his side, giving his view and opinion on the game or even tactics (like Gary Neville did and Andy Grey) im sure this is the same in other sports in America too. The list is endless for commentator duo's like the footballing ones throughout sports Boxing/Snooker/Cricket/Tennis it's all based around the same sort of style Tastosis are bringing to the GSL every day and there other adventures. One tells you everything that is going on to the upmost indepth knowledge whilst the other is dumbing things down for the lower ended viewers and also throwing in funnies whilst the play is not all that entertaining (take the first 5-6minutes of a quick expo game)



just a quick question; Is Artosis really that high level? I honestly dont see it, I know im in no way a GM or even master, but most of the times I dont understand what's so indepth of what artosis is saying, he's pointing out some obvious things and other times he's just wrong.

I've never said anything because I feel like the faultry is on my part and not on his, but I wish he'd take time to dumb down why some things are so great because most of the times I see the difference in the play that he points out but I dont understand what's so insanely great about it.


He obviously has a huge background in BW, played SC2 from the start, is a masters player (i believe) and well woven in in the korean scene. In my opinion his excellence is in player and build knowledge, he often says *yeah i have seen xxx use this build before and yyy also plays it from time to time but this here is a new variation*...


all your statements are true but doesnt really answer my question, thank you for trying though.

ps the dots at the end really makes u come of a lot more arrogant than what I'd assume is your intention.
Crisco
Profile Joined March 2011
1170 Posts
July 12 2012 15:17 GMT
#663
On July 12 2012 23:21 schaf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2012 23:10 NEEDZMOAR wrote:
On July 12 2012 22:52 Pandemona wrote:
So do you want two casters discussing high end level mechanics that only GMs would understand? Or would you like one guy (Artosis) doing this and the other (Tasteless) being more noob friendly for those in Masters league and below to help make them follow in the loop? I'd much prefer the second.
The best casters/commentators are the one who knows the most and the other who brings a different aspect, it doesn't have to be a funny aspect it could be just the knowledge of being there and have done it, for example football commentators are always in pairs, you have the guy with all the stats and the good voice who does the majority of talking about the live action with added stats to throw in to keep viewers interested if the game is boring, and you have the seasoned professional at his side, giving his view and opinion on the game or even tactics (like Gary Neville did and Andy Grey) im sure this is the same in other sports in America too. The list is endless for commentator duo's like the footballing ones throughout sports Boxing/Snooker/Cricket/Tennis it's all based around the same sort of style Tastosis are bringing to the GSL every day and there other adventures. One tells you everything that is going on to the upmost indepth knowledge whilst the other is dumbing things down for the lower ended viewers and also throwing in funnies whilst the play is not all that entertaining (take the first 5-6minutes of a quick expo game)



just a quick question; Is Artosis really that high level? I honestly dont see it, I know im in no way a GM or even master, but most of the times I dont understand what's so indepth of what artosis is saying, he's pointing out some obvious things and other times he's just wrong.

I've never said anything because I feel like the faultry is on my part and not on his, but I wish he'd take time to dumb down why some things are so great because most of the times I see the difference in the play that he points out but I dont understand what's so insanely great about it.


He obviously has a huge background in BW, played SC2 from the start, is a masters player (i believe) and well woven in in the korean scene. In my opinion his excellence is in player and build knowledge, he often says *yeah i have seen xxx use this build before and yyy also plays it from time to time but this here is a new variation*...


I don't know what his level of play is, but his understanding of the game is at a top tier level. As a caster, there is no physical possible way to maintain tip-top gaming shape while fulfilling your work obligations while learning about everything about everyone's strategy, play style, etc. There's also no way to be always correct about what's going to happen.... you can predict a player's choice given the hints but you can't prophesize it. Besides, it takes an immense amount of knowledge to even make an educated guess about what a player plans to do by looking at his game choices.
Emporium
Profile Joined May 2012
England162 Posts
July 12 2012 15:23 GMT
#664
He played in the GSL in the beta i do believe, or early seasons anyways, he was huge in BW, but i think what your forgetting is that not everyone else is a top masters or gm player, so he is stating things in lamens terms, so that the average viewer can understand the mindset of the player and because they gain this knowledge they get a better understanding of what is happening and then it becomes more interesting as a viewer.

It would be like somebody who has never watched football before, never been told about it, and started watching their first game, they wouldnt understand any of the mechanics, which makes the game so enthralling.

Possibly a slightly exaggerated example but i think you get my point.
Remember your mortality.
Greenvase
Profile Joined September 2011
Canada11 Posts
July 12 2012 15:29 GMT
#665
i'm a korean, so i know
Keep your filthy penis-tipped feet out of our laboratories!
nkr
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Sweden5451 Posts
July 12 2012 15:35 GMT
#666
tasteless is the best don't you dare say bad things about him
ESPORTS ILLUMINATI
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
July 12 2012 15:48 GMT
#667
On July 12 2012 23:10 NEEDZMOAR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2012 22:52 Pandemona wrote:
So do you want two casters discussing high end level mechanics that only GMs would understand? Or would you like one guy (Artosis) doing this and the other (Tasteless) being more noob friendly for those in Masters league and below to help make them follow in the loop? I'd much prefer the second.
The best casters/commentators are the one who knows the most and the other who brings a different aspect, it doesn't have to be a funny aspect it could be just the knowledge of being there and have done it, for example football commentators are always in pairs, you have the guy with all the stats and the good voice who does the majority of talking about the live action with added stats to throw in to keep viewers interested if the game is boring, and you have the seasoned professional at his side, giving his view and opinion on the game or even tactics (like Gary Neville did and Andy Grey) im sure this is the same in other sports in America too. The list is endless for commentator duo's like the footballing ones throughout sports Boxing/Snooker/Cricket/Tennis it's all based around the same sort of style Tastosis are bringing to the GSL every day and there other adventures. One tells you everything that is going on to the upmost indepth knowledge whilst the other is dumbing things down for the lower ended viewers and also throwing in funnies whilst the play is not all that entertaining (take the first 5-6minutes of a quick expo game)



just a quick question; Is Artosis really that high level? I honestly dont see it, I know im in no way a GM or even master, but most of the times I dont understand what's so indepth of what artosis is saying, he's pointing out some obvious things and other times he's just wrong.

I've never said anything because I feel like the faultry is on my part and not on his, but I wish he'd take time to dumb down why some things are so great because most of the times I see the difference in the play that he points out but I dont understand what's so insanely great about it.


Artosis has a very solid understanding of high level SC2 and the current metagame and he articulates it well. As one small example out of hundreds, do you understand why both Genius and Naniwa were avoiding stalkers in their game 3 on Ohana, and why that meant that archons would be a good choice as they rounded out their compositions? Artosis did and explained it well.
Tachion
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada8573 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-12 15:51:21
July 12 2012 15:51 GMT
#668
Constructive criticism?
You're too awesome tasteless.
tone it down on the awesome.
i was driving down the road this november eve and spotted a hitchhiker walking down the street. i pulled over and saw that it was only a tree. i uprooted it and put it in my trunk. do trees like marshmallow peeps? cause that's all i have and will have.
Dingotrold
Profile Joined July 2010
Denmark622 Posts
July 12 2012 16:18 GMT
#669
Tasteless feel free to mention sex as often as you want to.
Soft is the blade that is the heart || 万歳!
Twistacles
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada1327 Posts
July 12 2012 16:26 GMT
#670
Nothing gets me giddy like opening up a gom stream and seeing Tastosis in HD "Hey guys welcome to Seoul Korea, this is the GSL"

keep bein awesome tasteless
"If you don't give a shit which gum you buy, get stride" - Tyler
Aterons_toss
Profile Joined February 2011
Romania1275 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-12 16:35:17
July 12 2012 16:34 GMT
#671
I thing he does his job of being fucking awesome very well, can't really find any major criticism for Arotsis or Tasteless... not that there wouldn't be but how good they are compared to all other casters/duos... makes it fucking hard to spot the "mistakes".
A good strategy means leaving your opponent room to make mistakes
Mambo
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark1338 Posts
July 12 2012 16:37 GMT
#672
Go artosis and tasteless!
Boxer | MVP | Taeja | TLO | Grubby | Bunny (danish)
Kazeyonoma
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2912 Posts
July 12 2012 16:52 GMT
#673
While I'm all for constructive criticism I don't see where that's being brought up in this thread. You picked 3 things to complain about thatw were your own opinions and even false in terms of his experience. There's a reason tasteless stopped posting on TL. I assume he still browses but god I hope he avoids threads like these.
I now have autographs of both BoxeR and NaDa. I can die happy. Lim Yo Hwan and Lee Yun Yeol FIGHTING forever!
Sumahi
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Guam5609 Posts
July 12 2012 17:12 GMT
#674
The only thing that has really bothered me about Tastosis and their casting is the lack of knowledge about the match histories of the players. I know it is impossible to recall every game a player has ever played, but whenever a big match is happening, I would hope they could recall some of major games of their careers, previous matchups between the current competitors. What I find is that sometimes they will refer to player through the same game or small set of games for months, even after they have evolved past that point. I know that Artosis has said he doesn't watch every game and can't watch ever game, and I completely understand, so this is not a major criticism.
Startale <3, ST_July <3, HongUn <3, Savior <3, Gretorp <3, Nada <3, Rainbow <3, Ret <3, Squirtle <3, Bomber <3
Daimai
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Sweden762 Posts
July 12 2012 17:45 GMT
#675
I don't know what you guys mean, I watched a BW cast with Tasteless and he is exactly the same as he is today.
If he has lost his passion he is hiding it very well (for me at least). I sincerely hope you havent lost your passion Tasteless!

Nick Plott ftw, really good caster! Keep on keeping on!
To pray is to accept defeat.
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
July 12 2012 17:57 GMT
#676
On July 13 2012 01:52 Kazeyonoma wrote:
While I'm all for constructive criticism I don't see where that's being brought up in this thread. You picked 3 things to complain about thatw were your own opinions and even false in terms of his experience. There's a reason tasteless stopped posting on TL. I assume he still browses but god I hope he avoids threads like these.


Maybe try reading? The OP is over a year old, now the criticism concerns his game knowledge.
RandomAccount#106470
Profile Joined September 2010
Lithuania1506 Posts
July 12 2012 18:06 GMT
#677
--- Nuked ---
Diizzy
Profile Joined August 2011
United States828 Posts
July 12 2012 18:13 GMT
#678


i guess this video needs to be ressurrected too
NEEDZMOAR
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Sweden1277 Posts
July 12 2012 18:23 GMT
#679
On July 13 2012 03:13 Diizzy wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu0rHPviPXY

i guess this video needs to be ressurrected too



it does not... dear god worst thing I've heard in a long time....
K_Dilkington
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden449 Posts
July 12 2012 18:24 GMT
#680
On July 13 2012 01:52 Kazeyonoma wrote:
While I'm all for constructive criticism I don't see where that's being brought up in this thread. You picked 3 things to complain about thatw were your own opinions and even false in terms of his experience. There's a reason tasteless stopped posting on TL. I assume he still browses but god I hope he avoids threads like these.


Just keep going with that hive mind mentality you've got going, I'm sure that will work out well for you. There are several excellent posts in here pointing out flaws in his casting in a very constructive manner, only a fanboy would miss that fact. You need to have the ability so separate the person from his work, criticism isn't the same thing as hatred.
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by the age of 18
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 37 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta36
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 195
ProTech131
FoxeR 41
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2437
Shuttle 1287
Dewaltoss 85
NaDa 24
Noble 5
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm206
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
taco 543
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox636
Other Games
summit1g8178
WinterStarcraft433
C9.Mang0289
ViBE137
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 21
• practicex 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo673
• Stunt217
Other Games
• Shiphtur412
Upcoming Events
OSC
19h 21m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 6h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 13h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 15h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.