• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:54
CEST 04:54
KST 11:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War395.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9001 users

Some constructive criticism for tasteless? - Page 30

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 37 Next All
Zrana
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United Kingdom698 Posts
July 10 2012 23:06 GMT
#581
Kinda hate myself for jumping on a hate train here, but i do feel that maybe tasteless talks down to the viewers a little too much. A lot of the stuff he says is like, "for any newer players out there.." or the old, "this is now a game of math". I can't imagine that new players who are so bronze that they don't know when a game is won or not really make up a very large fraction of gomtv's viewership.

I do however feel like a lot of the comments about him not knowing anything about the game are based on the fact that only Artosis seems to talk about strategy. It's hard to tell whether tasteless just doesn't know anything about it or doesn't talk about it.

On a kinda separate note, what's with all the pokemon obsession recently? It's really just not that good of a game - or is that part of the joke? Maybe it's just nostalgia or something.
Powerstrike
Profile Joined July 2010
50 Posts
July 10 2012 23:26 GMT
#582
I think tasteless is master level player. Anyway his casting is great, I love it. He uses sarcasm so often if you don't understand it thats your problem. Also making jokes is the only reason i watch those . If i want to watch the game only i'd find the replays. That's the reason i watch only gsl code s, cause it's funny, and TBH wolf's hair fetish made it so that i never watch gsl code A again.
PH
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6173 Posts
July 10 2012 23:30 GMT
#583
Tasteless is Tasteless. His biggest weakness is his limited game knowledge, but so what? His casting is still at the top, and he has great chemistry with Artosis.

The people new to the scene just don't understand how hard Artosis and Tasteless worked and how much they sacrificed to bring Korean esports to the rest of the world.
Hello
Neurosis
Profile Joined October 2010
United States893 Posts
July 10 2012 23:37 GMT
#584
My only complaint is sometimes he gets stuck and starts fumbling words and it can be kinda hard to listen to. I mean, it's Tastosis though, classic.
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
July 10 2012 23:44 GMT
#585
On July 11 2012 08:06 Zrana wrote:


I do however feel like a lot of the comments about him not knowing anything about the game are based on the fact that only Artosis seems to talk about strategy. It's hard to tell whether tasteless just doesn't know anything about it or doesn't talk about it.




Not true. He says a lot of things that are wrong, and that you would expect someone who commentates the highest level of Starcraft to know. I don't want to be too harsh because I appreciate the contributions he has made to the scene over the course of his career. But this is a pretty gaping hole in his current casting.
TRaFFiC
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada1448 Posts
July 11 2012 10:31 GMT
#586
I love Tasteless to death, but he seems to have left sc2 behind. I doubt he plays more than a few hours a week or watches replays. He's stuck commentating like he did 1+ years ago. It's starting to become embarrassing for him. He has nothing to contribute to Artosis whatsoever. Just sticks to stating the obvious.

I wish he would come back to sc2, but that is doubtful.

It's like a government job in a European country. Once you got it, stop working. What's the point of working when you can't be fired?
2v2, 1v1, Zerg, Terran http://www.twitch.tv/trafficsc2
Sherlock-Canada
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada269 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-11 10:40:39
July 11 2012 10:38 GMT
#587
Not really concerned about Tasteless' knowledge of the game. This is classic sportscasting, adapted to Starcraft: get a guy with charisma to dictate the what's happening, have a smarter guy to give you a bit more theory, a bit more history, and a bit more of the implications. If you've ever watched other sports, this is an extremely standard casting setup, and I rather like it.

EDIT: And if I never heard Khaldor's voice again, I die a happy man.
jcroisdale
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States1543 Posts
July 11 2012 10:43 GMT
#588
Tasteless is better then you.

All of you.
"I think bringing a toddler to a movie theater is a terrible idea. They are too young to understand what is happening it would be like giving your toddler acid. Bad idea." - Sinensis
Bojas
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands2397 Posts
July 11 2012 10:49 GMT
#589
On July 11 2012 19:31 TRaFFiC wrote:
I love Tasteless to death, but he seems to have left sc2 behind. I doubt he plays more than a few hours a week or watches replays. He's stuck commentating like he did 1+ years ago. It's starting to become embarrassing for him. He has nothing to contribute to Artosis whatsoever. Just sticks to stating the obvious.

I wish he would come back to sc2, but that is doubtful.

It's like a government job in a European country. Once you got it, stop working. What's the point of working when you can't be fired?

I hate to say it but I agree with this, had you asked this question one year ago I would say yeah he's a good commentator and has good chemistry with Artosis, but as the game evolved Tasteless did not. I still think Artosis is the best caster in the scene but as a duo BitterdaM is better than Tastosis.

I think I want to like Tasteless but if he didn't had the image he build up over the years and wasn't commentating with Artosis I think he would not be flown all over the world or even commentate for GSL.
K_Dilkington
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden449 Posts
July 11 2012 10:57 GMT
#590
On July 11 2012 19:31 TRaFFiC wrote:
I love Tasteless to death, but he seems to have left sc2 behind. I doubt he plays more than a few hours a week or watches replays. He's stuck commentating like he did 1+ years ago. It's starting to become embarrassing for him. He has nothing to contribute to Artosis whatsoever. Just sticks to stating the obvious.

I wish he would come back to sc2, but that is doubtful.

It's like a government job in a European country. Once you got it, stop working. What's the point of working when you can't be fired?


Very true, according to a Sabin, a guy working as a producer for MLG's fighting game division, Tasteless told him that he doesn't even play starcraft anymore, he simply shows up for his casting work. I think we're at the poin where most people are knowledgeable enough that Tasteles' glaring misstakes and ignorance when it comes to the game are starting to show.
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by the age of 18
Bojas
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands2397 Posts
July 11 2012 11:00 GMT
#591
On July 11 2012 19:57 K_Dilkington wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 11 2012 19:31 TRaFFiC wrote:
I love Tasteless to death, but he seems to have left sc2 behind. I doubt he plays more than a few hours a week or watches replays. He's stuck commentating like he did 1+ years ago. It's starting to become embarrassing for him. He has nothing to contribute to Artosis whatsoever. Just sticks to stating the obvious.

I wish he would come back to sc2, but that is doubtful.

It's like a government job in a European country. Once you got it, stop working. What's the point of working when you can't be fired?


Very true, according to a Sabin, a guy working as a producer for MLG's fighting game division, Tasteless told him that he doesn't even play starcraft anymore, he simply shows up for his casting work. I think we're at the poin where most people are knowledgeable enough that Tasteles' glaring misstakes and ignorance when it comes to the game are starting to show.

Wow really? That's quite a bold claim, you might want to double check that.
leveller
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden1840 Posts
July 11 2012 11:27 GMT
#592
yes please close and make a new thread... THis is nonsense
TERRANLOL
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States626 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-11 11:33:23
July 11 2012 11:30 GMT
#593
^^ Agreed.
As for Tasteless,
he's really been dropping the ball lately. I wish he would stop trying to talk like Artosis does unless he can back it up with actual, new knowledge on the game.
He could just try to talk like Khaldor and I'd be happy. "He's dropping SO much in supply."
"Symbol has SO many infestors, marineking will not be able to keep up"
"This is NOT a good idea, he needs to get OUT of there"
If he can't do that without stumbling over his words or not sounding confident, he shouldn't be commentating.
Every time he says something that sounds really awkward or something "directed at the noobies" I feel like it pulls me from the game and I have to listen to him until he's finally finished articulating that sentence and artosis can talk again.
Tastless, man, I really hope you're reading this because I really want you to be an awesome commentator like back in the day. I'm always surprised when I go back and watch old VODs like TLO vs OgsHyperDub on Xel Naga Caverns to find out how much more engaged you seemed back then.
Yamulo
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States2096 Posts
July 11 2012 11:33 GMT
#594
I must be one of the few people that thinks he is doing a fine job... Sure he doesn't know everything like he did with BW, but he is one of the most entertaining casters for me. He is like Kevin Knocke but with more information, or a DOA that is a bit funnier. Also, he is one of the few people that has really good chemistry with Artosis. Maybe if everyone set less impossible expectations for this guy and simply tried to enjoy instead of only trying to see the negative they might find it more enjoyable.
~~~Liquid Fighting (SC2)~~~
TERRANLOL
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States626 Posts
July 11 2012 11:34 GMT
#595
On July 11 2012 20:33 Yamulo wrote:
I must be one of the few people that thinks he is doing a fine job... Sure he doesn't know everything like he did with BW, but he is one of the most entertaining casters for me. He is like Kevin Knocke but with more information, or a DOA that is a bit funnier. Also, he is one of the few people that has really good chemistry with Artosis. Maybe if everyone set less impossible expectations for this guy and simply tried to enjoy instead of only trying to see the negative they might find it more enjoyable.


This isn't a free league. This is GSL. We pay for this experience, not just by watching advertisements, though in most cases we pay by cash and by watching advertisements.
Plus we know he has a lot more to contribute than this whole "for the noobs" crap, because he used to be so much better. Why should we settle for this?
zedrOne
Profile Joined May 2010
France471 Posts
July 11 2012 11:47 GMT
#596
off topic, but yesterday cast of nasl final with D9 and Husky was odd.

I was watching while farming D3, so maybe i'm not ultra focus on the game, but it look like both player made blender after blender, gaining and loosing advantage constently, and the caster only saying like tastless " they are so good" ...

both player where more honest on they way to the final than the caster, as they both say in the first game that they where lucky to be in the final, one playing only PvP, the other almost only ZvP. avoiding all better player.
LockeTazeline October 31 2012 06:02. Posts 166 : A Bo9 is really just a Bo1 played 9 times.
Unibrow ftw
Profile Joined July 2012
Germany4 Posts
July 11 2012 11:49 GMT
#597
Tasteless is a casting robot who would even cast "Hello Kitty Online" for enough money. Artosis + Khaldor or even Artosis alone is way more entertaining.
bgx
Profile Joined August 2010
Poland6595 Posts
July 11 2012 12:01 GMT
#598


This is Tasteless when he is truly excited, overshadowing Artosis. Same combo as in SC2 GSL but this time Tasteless is fired up.
Stork[gm]
Luisa_2
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany200 Posts
July 11 2012 12:02 GMT
#599
From time to time maybe #1
The rest i totally disagree. Since years sex is everywhere in society, tv shows or anything else you probably can imagine, so - even if people think it's offending n' stuff - I dont really see this point nowerdays. Tasteless isn't interrupting Artosis all the time and if he does it's something important which is happening right now when Dan is talking about some strats or macrothings n' stuff, so it's totally fine when he does it.
Just the complete package of their casting fits together so well and even Artosis does most of the analysis Tasteless' part is exactly as important as Artosis'.
"Tasteless,why did the Colossus fall over?" "Why?" " Because it was imbalanced"
Slayar
Profile Joined April 2011
Australia22 Posts
July 11 2012 12:05 GMT
#600
On July 11 2012 19:31 TRaFFiC wrote:
I love Tasteless to death, but he seems to have left sc2 behind. I doubt he plays more than a few hours a week or watches replays. He's stuck commentating like he did 1+ years ago. It's starting to become embarrassing for him. He has nothing to contribute to Artosis whatsoever. Just sticks to stating the obvious.

I wish he would come back to sc2, but that is doubtful.

It's like a government job in a European country. Once you got it, stop working. What's the point of working when you can't be fired?


I agree.

I've watched GOMTV since before Flash could beat Jaedong in 2007 or 2008 where Tasteless casted alone until he was joined by SuperDanielMan. From back then until the last 6-12 months I feel he had decent amount of game knowledge.

These days it is as if between his joking around while casting, which is great imho, he will try to say something about what is happening in the game and what is likely to happen but it's usually pretty wrong. You can tell Artosis knows it because he always replies with something like "Ahh yep." when Tasteless says something incorrect then changes the subject.

I hope he gets back into StarCraft II but as quoted by TRaFFiC above it seems doubtful.

- Tasteless, I've watched your casting for about five years now and I'd like to keep watching it! Please commit more to StarCraft II and your fans by making StarCraft II as good as it has been in the past to watch.
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 37 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings61
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 136
PiLiPiLi 30
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2762
ViBE146
Bale 31
Dota 2
monkeys_forever446
NeuroSwarm222
Counter-Strike
summit1g7363
taco 579
Other Games
JimRising 569
WinterStarcraft345
C9.Mang0281
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick998
BasetradeTV147
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP101
• poizon28 30
• davetesta25
• practicex 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra919
• Shiphtur298
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
7h 6m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
9h 6m
AI Arena Tournament
14h 6m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
16h 6m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Patches Events
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.