• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:10
CEST 08:10
KST 15:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9157 users

[GSL] Code A Champion Interview

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Phosgene
Profile Joined February 2011
United States187 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-06 19:00:44
May 06 2011 15:36 GMT
#1
GSL May Code A Champion Interview
[image loading]

From PlayXP
Winner between
(T)Bomber vs. (T)MVP
+ Show Spoiler +

Bomber – ‘I will definitely make it through the up and down matches.’
[image loading]
- How does it feel to be the champion?
It feels amazing to have gotten through the qualifiers for the First time and get all the way here to take the win. My original goal was to qualify for the Super tournament, but I am extremely happy that I was able to win and even take out MVP to do so.

- How have you been preparing for your matches so far?
I have been mainly focusing on figuring out my opponent’s play style and finding builds to match up well against their strategies. I think it was hardest to prepare for (T)Jjun since I had no idea what he would do.

- How did you prepare for today’s match against MVP?
I knew that MVP is someone who is extremely confident in his TvT matchup, so I predicted he would focus on macro oriented games. Because I am a macro oriented player as well, rather than focusing on specific strategies, I tried to be in the best condition as possible for this match.

- Today’s matches ended up being pretty aggressive on both sides and rather short. Did you predict that this would happen?
I planned to all-in on that 3rd set, but other than that, I predicted that all the other games would be long macro games.

- Today, it seemed as if your play was one step ahead of your opponent the entire time.
Other than my round of 16 match, I have had only TvTs throughout this tournament. Because I was able to play so many TvTs, right now, I have a great feel for that matchup. MVP only played TvT in the semifinals, so I feel like I was definitely at an advantage coming Into this match.

- If you get Into code S, who do you want to face?
I have played a lot of terrans recently, so I want to face some protoss or zergs.

- Do you have any players that you look up to, or consider your rival, or you worry about?
I think all of the former champions worry me to some extent. And I believe I can still learn a lot from MVP and I believe he is still the best.

- You picked (T)Lyn and (T)Ensnare to be in your up and down group, any reasons?
I have been playing and preparing for TvTs so long that my feel for other race matchups are a bit down. And amongst the terran players (in the up and down), I just picked two players that I don’t have particular attachments to.

- Your goals going Into the up and down matches?
I don’t even have 1% of doubt in my mind that I will lose. I guarantee I will win 2 to 0 and advance.

- Any last comments?
The New GSTL season will be soon and this time, my team will definitely win so I want to ask all the fans to cheer us on.
+ Show Spoiler +

▼ 우승을 차지한 소감은?
- 첫 예선을 뚫고 우승까지 해서 기분이 좋다. 원래 목표는 슈퍼토너먼트 참가였는데, 우승을 차지하고 정종현 선수까지 꺾어서 기쁘다.

▼ 그동안 경기 준비는 어떻게 했나?
- 상대의 스타일을 파악하는데 주력했고, 빌드에 대해 맞춤 전략을 준비했다. 정혜준 선수와 경기할 때 상대가 뭘 할지 몰라서 그 때가 더 힘들었다.

▼ 정종현과의 대결은 어떻게 준비했나?
- 테테전에 굉장한 자신감이 있는 선수고, 운영 중심으로 준비할 거라 생각했다. 나도 운영 중심이기 때문에 뭔가를 딱히 준비하기 보단 컨디션 관리에 힘을 썼다.

▼ 오늘 경기는 꽤 치열하고 장기전이 없었다. 예상하고 있었나?
- 3경기 때 올인을 했는데, 그것을 제외하곤 모두 장기전을 예상하고 있었다.

▼ 오늘 전체적으로 앞선 경기력을 선보였는데?
- 16강을 제외하고 전부 테테전이었다. 그만큼 동족전을 많이 치러서 감이 많이 오른 상태였다. 정종현은 테테전을 4강에서 한번밖에 안 해 내가 더 유리했다고 생각한다.

▼ 만약 코드S로 승격된다면 누구와 붙고 싶나?
- 테란전을 많이 했으니 저그나 프로토스와 붙고 싶다.

▼ 배우고 싶거나 라이벌로 생각되는 선수, 혹은 신경이 쓰이는 선수는?
- 우승자 출신들이 신경 쓰인다. 정종현이 배울점도 많고 제일 잘하는 것 같다.

▼ 박준과 김상철을 지목한 이유는?
- 그동안 계속 테테전 위주로 준비해서 타 종족전 감이 좀 떨어진 상태다. 테란 중에서 친분이 없는 선수들이라 선택했다.

▼ 승강전에 임하는 각오는?
- 떨어질 거란 생각은 1%도 안한다. 무조건 2:0으로 승리하겠다.

▼ 마지막으로 하고 싶은 말은?
- 곧 GSTL이 열리는데 이번엔 우리팀이 무조건 우승을 할 테니 많은 응원 부탁드린다.

글: 이시우(siwoo@playxp.com)
(c)PlayXP


Older interviews from this GSL season
+ Show Spoiler +

Code S
+ Show Spoiler +

Ro 32
+ Show Spoiler +

day 1
day 2
day 3
day 4

Ro16
+ Show Spoiler +

day 1
day 2

Ro8
+ Show Spoiler +

day 1
day 2


Code A
+ Show Spoiler +

Ro32
+ Show Spoiler +

day 1
day 2
day 3
day 4

Ro16
+ Show Spoiler +

day 1
day 2

Ro8
+ Show Spoiler +

Ro8

Semifinals
+ Show Spoiler +

Semi




And as I Always ask. Don't forget to post!
Itsgosu
Javah
Profile Joined August 2010
France739 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-06 15:40:29
May 06 2011 15:39 GMT
#2
+ Show Spoiler +
Thanks for this quick translation. Bomber is a baller, and will most likely go straight to Code S as he predicts.

Edit : spoilers added
⚀⚅
Azzur
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia6267 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-06 15:43:15
May 06 2011 15:43 GMT
#3
I'm confident both of them will get into code S! Will be hoping for the other terrans to qualify for code S as well!
zerious
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3803 Posts
May 06 2011 15:43 GMT
#4
Can't wait for the GSTL either.

Bomber will definitely win 2-0 lol.
bearhug
Profile Joined September 2010
United States999 Posts
May 06 2011 15:44 GMT
#5
Such a baller! I believe in him. And both will be in code S easily.
We are dusts in the vast cosmic arena. Need to make the most out of life when we still have it.
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-06 15:46:32
May 06 2011 15:46 GMT
#6
Spoilers should be allowed in this thread guys. Only an idiot would click on a thread with that title and then proceed to whine about being spoiled.

I'm very happy for Bomber that he got over his anxiety and nerve issues to show us his full potential. He sounds very confident about making it through to Code S and I have a hard time thinking otherwise. Congrats!
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
May 06 2011 15:51 GMT
#7
He's very confident about his up and down matches. I think his decision to choose only tvt's was definitely good considering the amount of practice in that matchup he's had lately.
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
Krehlmar
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1149 Posts
May 06 2011 15:56 GMT
#8
Mvp was the better player but he was to arrogant early on, thinking he could outskill bomber at whatever he did... which is silly. He had better multitasking and dropping/harass ideas but bomber just played sterile and safe and it felt like Mvp lost the games rather than bomber winning them. Bomber just kept building marines/uppgrades/tanks/medivacs in just about every game with like 2-3 drops in 6 games.
Not that great games...
My Comment Doesnt Matter Because No One Reads It
Iron.Fist
Profile Joined April 2011
Brazil268 Posts
May 06 2011 16:11 GMT
#9
On May 07 2011 00:43 Azzur wrote:
I'm confident both of them will get into code S! Will be hoping for the other terrans to qualify for code S as well!

Agree. I believe both are way ahead from other terrans which includes a number of CODE S players... anyway I think Ryung is gonna have a hard time and despite being a protoss player I would not mind seeing Hongun on CODE A at all.
Synystyr
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1446 Posts
May 06 2011 16:17 GMT
#10
CONFIDENCE! I love it! This kid is gonna go SO far. I can't wait to see what he does for SC2 history.
Sky Terran TvP V2.0: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=355839
raf3776
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1904 Posts
May 06 2011 16:19 GMT
#11
Bomberman fighting!!
WWJD (What Would Jaedong Do)
Soma.bokforlag
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden448 Posts
May 06 2011 16:24 GMT
#12
On May 07 2011 01:19 raf3776 wrote:
Bomberman fighting!!


thanks for the spoiler!!!! (just kidding)

great games and im sure they will advance to code s, both of them. gotta feel kinda bad to win against mvp in such an amazing fashion and just get a couple of bucks for it
absalom86
Profile Joined April 2010
Iceland1770 Posts
May 06 2011 16:25 GMT
#13
On May 07 2011 00:56 Krehlmar wrote:
Mvp was the better player but he was to arrogant early on, thinking he could outskill bomber at whatever he did... which is silly. He had better multitasking and dropping/harass ideas but bomber just played sterile and safe and it felt like Mvp lost the games rather than bomber winning them. Bomber just kept building marines/uppgrades/tanks/medivacs in just about every game with like 2-3 drops in 6 games.
Not that great games...


the better player does not lose in a best of 7.
Thief @ #teamliquid @ Quakenet
Goibon
Profile Joined May 2010
New Zealand8185 Posts
May 06 2011 16:25 GMT
#14
Awesome interview. Confident but respectful and very thoughtful too. Love this guy!!

Thanks for this!
Leenock =^_^= Ryung =^_^= Parting =^_^= herO =^_^= Guilty
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
May 06 2011 16:46 GMT
#15
hehe pretty lucky if you only have to train one matchup all the way up mostly xD. hope he can beat the other races as well hehe, but got some time to train ^^.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
May 06 2011 17:55 GMT
#16
how are there so few comments. thanks a lot for the interview. <3 bomber!
relyt
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1073 Posts
May 06 2011 17:59 GMT
#17
It's nice to see bomber starting to live up to his hype. I'm am still sad MVP lost though .
windsupernova
Profile Joined October 2010
Mexico5280 Posts
May 06 2011 18:01 GMT
#18
+ Show Spoiler +

Whaaaat?! MVP lost? How did that happen?

Damn my need to sleep!
"Its easy, just trust your CPU".-Boxer on being good at games
Rokk
Profile Joined March 2010
United States425 Posts
May 06 2011 18:03 GMT
#19
Thanks for the translation. I've been such a huge Bomber fan since last season's GSTL. Glad to see he pulled off the victory.
Diamond
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States10796 Posts
May 06 2011 18:42 GMT
#20
YEA Bomber!!!!!

So happy for him !
Ballistix Gaming Global Gaming/Esports Marketing Manager - twitter.com/esvdiamond
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 186
StarCraft: Brood War
soO 492
hero 443
BeSt 265
Mind 34
Bale 21
ZergMaN 11
Terrorterran 11
yabsab 10
Noble 9
Icarus 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1100
League of Legends
JimRising 666
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King129
Other Games
summit1g9315
Livibee38
ArmadaUGS29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick480
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH338
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2258
League of Legends
• Rush1207
• Stunt423
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 50m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
4h 50m
Monday Night Weeklies
9h 50m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 17h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.