• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:03
CEST 06:03
KST 13:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War395.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9696 users

Calendar & Stream Application ; ScCalendar - Page 22

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 Next All
tnud
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden2233 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-13 21:22:56
March 13 2011 21:19 GMT
#421
+ Show Spoiler +
(This is what happens when you don't test enough)

Just noticed that favorite streams feature is broken, the fix is done and ready. We will wait a day or two too see if any other bugs pop up though.
Keep reporting bugs and give us feedback!
- ಠ_ಠ - | disinfect wrote: AHAHHAHAHA 2DG FUCK ME ALREADY.
JulianSidewind
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada52 Posts
March 17 2011 01:12 GMT
#422
tnud, are you talking about the bug that when you click the star, it doesn't stay selected?
Tiax;mous
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
669 Posts
March 17 2011 02:04 GMT
#423
JulianSidewind - Yes Julian , somehow I messed it up. It saves the favorites but next time you run ScC , it doesn't reads / respects favorites. Fixed it but since it's not a breaking bug , holding it for a while in case any other bugs come up.
JulianSidewind
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada52 Posts
March 28 2011 00:27 GMT
#424
Hey Tiax, would you mind adding

http://www.justin.tv/hotspursc/

to the stream list for me?

Thanks
SpearThruster
Profile Joined March 2011
18 Posts
March 29 2011 23:07 GMT
#425
Can someone tell me where the registry for this app is located, because i need to remove it (read: uninstall the program) just so i can update to a newer version.
Tiax;mous
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
669 Posts
March 30 2011 21:24 GMT
#426
Hey everyone , apologies for late response , I've been quite distracted / busy for a while now.

I released a small new version , fixing favoriting streams bug.Nothing big but should help to organize streams window a bit.
http://sccalendar.codeplex.com/

JulianSidewind - Hey Julian! Added it as soon as I saw your post yesterday , enjoy!

SpearThruster - Normally you shouldn't need it , as ScC will automatically replace old key. You can just uninstall the current version you have and run new version's setup. In case there is a special case with your system ; it's located in "SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Run" by the name of "StarcraftCalendar"

On the other news , I've done a spring cleaning today , remove a lot of streams which haven't been active for a long while. I'll add them again if they become active but almost everyone switching to Justin these days and our list was full of old and now useless livestream / ustream stuff. Stream updates should be 2x faster and more stable now!

Also I'm working on ScC2 more than ScC these days. ScC wasn't built to be a big application like this , so the code infrastructure was not ideal for this kinda application. I'm writing everything from scratch and it'll take a damn long time but hopefully if everything works out , it'll be incredibly stronger than ScC.

There are 2 things I want to ask you guys about ScC2 tho ;

1) I'm planing to use Microsoft's new Metro UI for ScC2.
Why?
I love minimalistic UI , it's clean , everything is clear , easier to use , a lot faster also I've never done anything in Metro UI and trying / learning new things is a big encouragement for me Another reason is I don't want to use Blizzard art anymore , as it may become problematic in future ( copyright etc.) , trying to play safe.

What does it look like?
[image loading]

Obviously this is just an wip screen ( work in progress ) but shows the general design pretty good I guess. It's also pretty versatile , you can resize left and right columns to 0px if you like , and there will be lots of animations when it's all done ( animations are an important part of Metro UI ) , so I guess one screen shot isn't enough to tell the story.

So?
Please let me know if you like this Metro UI idea. It's important for me to know these kinda things at this early stages of development where it's easy ( easier ) to change / redo big things like this so I would really love to hear any UI ideas and comments from you guys.

2) What'll be the name of the application?
ScCalendar is probably the worst name one can come up with for such an application. Sounds bad , looks bad , just pure bad. ScC is far from a calendar application at this moment and ScC2 will be even bigger ( supporting other games as well etc. ) , so we surely need a better name.

Like what?
I really have no idea , I'm not even sure if it should be something sounding fun or professional so there are no limitations. Oh maybe only thing , it shouldn't be something limited to Starcraft. More like a name for all-around e-sports community tool... Hmm yea it's hard and I'm seriously bad when it comes to naming stuff , so any suggestions are extremely welcome!

Let me know what do you think about ScC2 , you can also find me on TL Irc Channel ( as [ScC]Tiax or Letranger ) or use our feedback system built in. Thanks in advance , now gotta go back to work...
JulianSidewind
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada52 Posts
March 31 2011 06:11 GMT
#427
Personally, I prefer the starcraft-related windows. The main reason I don't like the Metro is the colour scheme. Looks too colourful and unrelated. Maybe make the colours similar to B.net. I love the current UI and how it got progressively better. Maybe add the Metro to the skin list, but not make it mandatory?
Tiax;mous
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
669 Posts
March 31 2011 11:17 GMT
#428
JulianSidewind - I'll definitely add a Starcraft skin , actually it'll probably be pretty easy to skin that chancing it to exact same ScC look shouldn't be hard. I haven't done skin support yet tho , I'll see how it goes but I definitely have plans for that. But you're also right about , color scheme. Maybe the design would look much better & relevant with BNet color scheme , gotta try that! Thanks man!
SpearThruster
Profile Joined March 2011
18 Posts
April 02 2011 03:01 GMT
#429
Tiax;mous, thats not the only registry because i am still having a problem updating to the current version of ScC. Whenever i start the Setup.msi i get "There is previous version of this application already installed, please remove it through Add/Remove" (Note: That i DID remove the registry you pointed me at, and also there is nothing connected to ScC in Add/Remove Program).

Please save me fast, from the awful experience which is - watching streams through a browser.
Tiax;mous
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
669 Posts
April 02 2011 14:48 GMT
#430
SpearThruster - Oh for some reason I thought you were asking for the key's ScC manually put there. Well I'm not really good at Window issues but as far as I remember , registery keys for that is stored in ;

64bit systems
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
32bit systems
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

you'll see lots of GUID's there , check for "Display Name" attribute on the panel right side.

Also you can find any ScCalendar key by searching for the name "ScCalendar" , it'll also lead you to folders above I guess.

Please let me know if it does work or not.

PS: And I definitely agree , browsers sucks for watching anything longer than 10 minutes
SpearThruster
Profile Joined March 2011
18 Posts
April 02 2011 18:15 GMT
#431
Tiax;mous, after deleting of what seemed to be around ~30 registries and ~2-3 folders containing bunch of ScC related registries, i am sad to report that the installation still can't go through. I found and deleted all registries that were associated with the name "ScCalendar". Did anyone else have the problem, when updating to the latest version of ScCalendar? :L


P.S. I am Usurper btw, your favorite tester.
Tiax;mous
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
669 Posts
April 02 2011 18:36 GMT
#432
SpearThruster - Oh man , where have you been? Ok you're having a weird problem , which shouldn't happen with standard ScC uninstall & install. I would like to hear if anyone else had this problem but it sounds like a system specific problem , can you find me on TL Irc , lets talk about this in detail? ( no need to go deep tech in Sc2 General topic I guess )

On the other news , ScC2 is coming along pretty nicely , I'll post a progress report with a few screens soon!
SpearThruster
Profile Joined March 2011
18 Posts
April 03 2011 05:22 GMT
#433
Okay guys, so we fixed this, by simply copying the whole installation folder over again. And no, Linux packages, have nothing on us.
JulianSidewind
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada52 Posts
April 05 2011 23:42 GMT
#434
Is this "New Update" notification a false positive, or is it just not uploaded yet?
Tiax;mous
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
669 Posts
April 05 2011 23:52 GMT
#435
JulianSidewind - Released 1.4.3b last week to fix that favorite stream bug , guess you haven't get that yet?

On the other news ; development of ScC2 is going pretty slow these days , I should just stop wasting time on neat tricks , eyecandy etc and concentrate on main features ><
Gamgee
Profile Joined August 2010
United States135 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-07 11:50:53
April 07 2011 11:50 GMT
#436
With the Stream player able to be launched as a standalone app, can we open up a specific stream not on the list? Every now and again something new will pop up (atm, the IM vs. World Team Matches) on a new stream, and it would be handy to be able to temporarily view streams that aren't on the list. I'm addicted to being able to easily view streams in a nice handy window that stays on top of everything
Tiax;mous
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
669 Posts
April 07 2011 13:42 GMT
#437
Gamgee - Hey Gamgee! I'm still not conviced that such a feature can be implemented without too much bug and would work smoothly but lots of people are asking for that so I guess I'll have to implement that in future. But in far future unfortunately , at the moment I'm already pretty busy with ScC2

And another bug fix version ScCalendar 1.4.4b is released!

A few days ago , one of ScC users reported that Calendar event descriptions are broken ( "You broke ScC" message in event descriptions ). I investigated the issue and turns out Calendar editors started using a new hyperlink syntax , which crashed our current parser. Since it effected more than %75 of events in calendar , I had to release a fix.

I know most of you guys really don't like downloading a new version every week but well I can't really leave it broken , can I ?
JulianSidewind
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada52 Posts
April 08 2011 04:55 GMT
#438
Hey Tiax,
http://www.justin.tv/hotspursc/
still isn't on the list.

I'm trying to not sound like a dick but I can't think of a way, so I'll leave it at that
Thanks :D
Tiax;mous
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
669 Posts
April 08 2011 06:29 GMT
#439
JulianSidewind - Hey man! First thing came to my mind that I added it and then deleted by mistake while cleaning up old & unused streams ( as I'm pretty pretty sure I added it the day you asked for it ) but just checked our database and see it is still there.
It was , for some reason , looked offline tho , although it is online ; probably got stuck for some xml problem ( justin.tv's xml is a little problematic , not answering every xml request etc ). It should be online at the moment , I'll recheck again later to see if it'll get stuck again. Apologies for the inconvenience
SpearThruster
Profile Joined March 2011
18 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-10 21:57:53
April 10 2011 21:38 GMT
#440
Tiax;mous, Hi! I bring tidings of a new bug! (it's what i always do, did you expect something different duh?). So in this new version i can not start any stream. All i see is a black screen. Theorybug with me? :d

EDIT: Blegh, found the fix on the first page. Everything is fine and dandy now. Oh just that i still don't have any UNINSTALL option even on my brand new Windows 7 copy. :|
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings47
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 210
PiLiPiLi 47
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3898
ViBE138
BeSt 108
Bale 32
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm210
Other Games
summit1g7227
JimRising 637
WinterStarcraft475
C9.Mang0274
Sick91
febbydoto5
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1088
BasetradeTV147
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP114
• practicex 26
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur432
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
5h 57m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
7h 57m
AI Arena Tournament
12h 57m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
14h 57m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
Patches Events
1d 10h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.