• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:34
CEST 17:34
KST 00:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9915 users

Gisado interview with SC2this.com

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
LuciferSC
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada535 Posts
October 01 2010 00:10 GMT
#1
I received requests from several people to translate a Gisado interview.

Original post:
http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=468245&board=0&category=13401&subcategory=&page=4&best=&searchmode=&search=&orderby=&token=

For those who do not know, Gisado is a SC2 broadcaster that has upwards of 4000 viewers, and it is a featured stream on TL as well. (it is in Korean, but be sure to check it out!)

Enjoy the interview! =)

PS. Gisado if you want this taken off, let me know and I will do so.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Hello, please do a short self-introduction

Gisado: My name is Hwang-Young-Jae, and I am doing an amaterur SC2 broadcast with ID Gisado.
My battle.net ID was oGsGisado, but I am using Gisado as my broadcasting alias.

Q: Users tend to call you 'Bab-Jo'(gimme food) more than Gisado.

Gisado: I used an ID called 'I like rice(food)' in a community, and some users are still calling me by that.

Q: Is there a reason for you choosing SC2?

Gisado: After playing Warcraft 1, I played SC1, Diablo 2, WoW. I highly enjoyed SC1, therefore I had great anticiaption for SC2. That's why I chose that game.

Q: Is there a reason you began internet broadcast?

Gisado: I ain't young anymore, and I get tired easily both mentally and physically when I play games. Broadcasting too takes its toll on you, but it gives a different kind of enjoyment.

Q: What do you like about broadcasting?

Gisado: It has two-way communication, allowing broadcast moderator, viewer and game participants to check up on other's reaction and be on the same page. Viewers give off great reaction when players execute great play and that's what matters for me.

Q: You now have a livestream that has 3000 viewers. Tell us about an episode you had while doing live broadcast.

Gisado: oGsTheSTC achieved 22 win streak and he became entitled to 50,000 won prize. At that time I said, 'That is it for today. I am going to stop my broadcast as of today', joking that I was not able to cope with the 50,000won. Roughly 500 viewers exited thinking that the broadcast really was over.
I immediately re-opened up the broadcast. I was called the master of 'nak-si' for a while. (laugh)
(nak-si = literal translation = fishing, tricking ppl into something which is not)

Q: Who would you pick as the top stars made by Gisado broadcast?

Gisado: Excluding already famous players, I'd pick MioWerra, Hu-Jun and acupuncture genis, SsapoZenith and LenaPark.

Q: There was an incident where you restarted your broadcast while 3000 people were watching. What happened?

Gisado: One viewer was asking question and he made a typo that looked like a swear word. A chat-mod banned him at once. I happened to catch that while broadcasting and it didn't seem fair to ban him like that. I did not want my viewers getting banned unfairly, so I restarted my broadcast to have him join in again.

Q: Following this event, you donated all the star-balloons (gifts you get from viewers in Afreeca.com) to World Vision. Were you thinking of doing that from the beginning?

Gisado: I didn't expect to receive anything from viewers when I began my broadcast. Therefore I felt uneasy whenever I got something from 'em. So I chose to donate it. I did want to donate for sometime and it seemed like the right time to do it.

Q: What's your plan for the future?

Gisado: I plan on trying out different things with broadcast, such as using custom maps. I want to pitch in what I can to make SC2 well-received by the public.

Q: Popular Afreeca bj, Sonic and Intmaster successfully moved into cable. How do you feel about moving into cable broadcasting yourself?

Gisado: I had several chances to appear on cable broadcast with brood war before. I had a lot of fun back then and I'd be happy to try it out if such opportunity comes my way.

Q: There are rumors of you beginning a project with Gom TV. As well as rumors of you becoming a Gom TV caster. Are they true?

Gisado: Recently there was a tournament held via Game-Josun(Esports newspaper) that went on for a week. The tournament was broadcasted with help from Blizzard and GomTV. I helped out with the tourney. In other words, I casted on Gom TV for a little while. From this, many viewers spread rumors out that I am casting on Gom TV.

Q: I'd imagine you'd gain a lot of popularity following Gom TV casting. What's your plans following that?

Gisado: Well, I don't think there'll be a significant change just 'cause of that short-term casting. I think I'll be broadcasting as I have been doing. Of course with good opportunity coming my way things could change.

Q: With SC2 becoming popular, there are many preparing to become pro. What advise do you have as an ex-progamer?

Gisado: I'd like to tell them that you cannot be satisfied with where you are at in order to become pro. Whenever you become content with the effort you've put in, your practice hours will drop.
It's very important to get over this point of time. Remember that whenever you become complacent is when you need to work the hardest. Keep on practicing and you'll see good things coming your way.
Stay humble but keep your confidence up!


(as a side note, Gisado came up with a famous BW build called Splash protoss (for PvZ)



Q: What's your ultimate goal?

Gisado: To make people happy with my effort in ESports. While I don't have a specific path set for myself, we'll see what'll come my way. It could be game development, tournament managing, pro-team coach, etc.

Q: Last words for interview readers?

Gisado: Zerg is dead.. --;


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Come get some
Antoine
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States7481 Posts
October 01 2010 00:11 GMT
#2
thanks king~
ModeratorFlash Sea Action Snow Midas | TheStC Ret Tyler MC | RIP 우정호
blagoonga123
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States2068 Posts
October 01 2010 00:12 GMT
#3
Fun Stuff. Very informative. I can see that last question derailing messages to come XD
FOOL! Pain is my friend! Now let me introduce you to it!
Tazza
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Korea (South)1678 Posts
October 01 2010 00:17 GMT
#4
Wow, Lena is playin sc2?
Pibacc
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada545 Posts
October 01 2010 00:17 GMT
#5
Thanks for the translation. lol @ his final statement
Antoine
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States7481 Posts
October 01 2010 00:20 GMT
#6
as for the last question do note that the interview took place a little over a month ago. However, Gisado is still not satisfied by zerg from what i've been able to tell (maybe his opinion has tempered somewhat, I'm not sure). last week he was joking that blizzard should give sc2 for free to people who wanted to play zerg. Also before the ro8 of GSL, he said that he was rooting for the oGs guys and Fruitseller, but he also sort of didn't want fruitseller to win because then blizzard might think zerg doesn't need any buffs.
ModeratorFlash Sea Action Snow Midas | TheStC Ret Tyler MC | RIP 우정호
gozima
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada602 Posts
October 01 2010 00:29 GMT
#7
On October 01 2010 09:10 LuciferSC wrote:

Q: Last words for interview readers?

Gisado: Zerg is dead.. --;




What?
Senx
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Sweden5901 Posts
October 01 2010 00:36 GMT
#8
That "zerg is dead" comment is going to turn this thread into a 10 pager when it could have been a 2 pager..

Good interview either way.
"trash micro but win - its marine" MC commentary during HSC 4
TaKemE
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark1045 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-01 00:40:30
October 01 2010 00:38 GMT
#9
On October 01 2010 09:29 gozima wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 01 2010 09:10 LuciferSC wrote:

Q: Last words for interview readers?

Gisado: Zerg is dead.. --;




What?


His saying zerg will die if there aint comming a patch soon to fix the problems for zerg. (his been talking a bit about it on his stream)

He gets fewer and fewer high lvl zergs signing up for his stream.
stafu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Australia1196 Posts
October 01 2010 00:42 GMT
#10
Gisado fighting! : )

Thanks for your stream, I love it!
The6357
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States1268 Posts
October 01 2010 00:51 GMT
#11
I love how this guy sounds during casting. as far as i can see, he has great game analysis, he does not over excited to the situation while he has his moments, he's funny, and he respects the players and their plays.
2010 worldcup!! corea fighting!!!
biskit
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia355 Posts
October 01 2010 04:54 GMT
#12
I wish I could understand him casting, he seems to be knowledgable about the games.

Also, Gisado casting so many games I'm not surprised hearing his opinion about Zerg. Blizzard should listen to him.
Anfere
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada231 Posts
October 01 2010 05:01 GMT
#13
This guy seem really competent and generous and fun. GL for the future.
Immortal or no Immortal, that is the question ! Someone give me a hamlet skull !
Headshot
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1656 Posts
October 01 2010 05:08 GMT
#14
Great interview. And wow at that last question.


Q: Last words for interview readers?

Gisado: Zerg is dead.. --;

-
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech141
Codebar 34
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1176
Mini 976
Soma 626
actioN 526
Rush 381
Light 361
ggaemo 320
Larva 287
Horang2 262
Stork 257
[ Show more ]
BeSt 248
Snow 209
hero 208
Barracks 125
firebathero 108
Killer 107
Aegong 100
Shine 98
Dewaltoss 89
Sea.KH 82
Zeus 73
JYJ 40
Sharp 38
Shinee 38
Sexy 36
soO 36
ToSsGirL 27
Bale 23
zelot 22
sorry 21
Liquid`Ret 20
Rock 18
Trap 18
Terrorterran 13
Sacsri 12
Dota 2
Gorgc7926
qojqva1907
Dendi770
420jenkins150
Counter-Strike
fl0m836
x6flipin809
Fnx 783
edward36
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5830
Khaldor712
Other Games
singsing1568
B2W.Neo892
byalli505
Lowko384
Mlord287
DeMusliM209
Liquid`VortiX167
KnowMe149
ArmadaUGS120
Trikslyr41
Railgan11
BRAT_OK 0
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV221
BasetradeTV216
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream166
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH163
• StrangeGG 63
• mYiSmile119
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 27
• FirePhoenix10
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV412
League of Legends
• Nemesis2417
• Jankos1803
• TFBlade697
Other Games
• Shiphtur105
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 26m
Kung Fu Cup
19h 26m
The PondCast
1d 18h
OSC
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.