NYTimes: How the Los Angeles Lakers Blew It
- The Shortest of Honeymoons - Cousins signing to the Warriors stole the LA-James thunder.
- Hot Seat - Early heat between Magic and Walton
- (Only a Somewhat) Merry Christmas - James groin cramps injury
- Injuries Galore - more injuries
- The Anthony Davis Flirtation Fiasco - self-explanatory
- The Final Collapse - Lebron's pattern of laziness, mental weakness, and physical decline in the last 20+ games
- Western Conference
- Worst team for Lebon. All his career, Lebron's team's formula has been Lebron + 3pt shooters, where Lebron dribbles for 15-20 seconds and either rams to the rim off of switches against smaller defenders, or drive and kick to open shooters, or no drive but wait for his teammates to get themselves free and make the pass. This Lakers team has no shooters, no strong cutting players, and no hustle. Magic wanted to replicate the showtime Lakers but Lebron is a bad off-ball player and they do not have the right chemistry even if they have good transition guards in Rondo and Ball
- Meme team galore. Signing controversial and odd vets to 1 year deal will surely inspire them to put the team's success first before their own interests, right?
- Injuries. Just bad luck. If everyone stayed healthy, they could have squeezed into #8.
- AD fiasco + Lebron drama caravan. KD is right, toxic.