The first group stage and the map pool are revealed for the next ASUS ROG StarCraft II Tournament, going live at August 2 in Helsinki, Finland.
One week to go and the fourth ASUS ROG StarCraft II Tournament is getting ready to start the battle for the $30 000 USD.
32 players have been announced and now it’s time to put them in their starting positions in the first group stage.
Remember the groups are being played out GSL style: four players and double elimination until the best two players have been determined and they advance to the next stage. Also, all the games in the group stages are best-of-5.
Change in the roster: Bly has cancelled his participation to the tournament. He has been replaced by BRAT_OK.
First group stage
In the first round of a group, the player 1 plays against player 2, and the player 3 plays against player 4.
Group 1 *
* Group 1 has been switched with Group 5, and Group 3 has been switched with Group 6 (same players, only name and order changes) for scheduling reasons. Apologies for the mix up.
** aTn.Socke, viOLet, ROX.KiS.Pomi and RoX.KIS.fraer cancelled their participation soon after the groups were released. They have been replaced by Fuzer, dignitas.Bischu, FnaticRC.Harstem and iP.Satiini respectively.
Note that in case any group falls short on players, the group will be played in Round Robin format instead of the GSL style.
*** Ai.Cytoplasm announced that he is unable to attend the event. He is replaced by Menace.MeteoRain.
- GSL_Atlantis Spaceship - TeamClash (Building blockers at ramps)
- GSL_Daybreak - TeamClash (Building blockers at ramps)
- TSL4 Antiga Shipyard - TSLAdmin (Cross spawns only, gold bases removed, building blockers at ramps)
- TSL4 Entombed Valley - TSLAdmin (Horizontal spawns disabled)
- TSL4 ESV Cloud Kingdom - TSLAdmin (Building blockers at ramps)
- TSL4 ESV Ohana - TSLAdmin (Building blockers at ramps)
- TSL4 Metropolis - TSLAdmin (Creep tumors on islands, building blockers at ramps)
The maps and their order will be selected by player vetoes.
- Thursday 2. August 2012
- 11:00 GMT (+00:00) Groups 1-4 Round 1
- 12:30 GMT (+00:00) Groups 1-4 Round 2
- 14:00 GMT (+00:00) Groups 1-4 Round 3
- 16:00 GMT (+00:00) Groups 5-8 Round 1
- 17:30 GMT (+00:00) Groups 5-8 Round 2
- 19:00 GMT (+00:00) Groups 5-8 Round 3
Friday 3. August 2012
- 11:00 GMT (+00:00) Groups A-B Round 1
- 12:30 GMT (+00:00) Groups A-B Round 2
- 14:00 GMT (+00:00) Groups A-B Round 3
- 16:00 GMT (+00:00) Groups C-D Round 1
- 17:30 GMT (+00:00) Groups C-D Round 2
- 19:00 GMT (+00:00) Groups C-D Round 3
Saturday 4. August 2012
- 09:00 GMT (+00:00) RO8 A & B
- 10:30 GMT (+00:00) RO8 C & D
- 12:00 GMT (+00:00) RO4 A
- 13:30 GMT (+00:00) RO4 B
- 15:00 GMT (+00:00) Bronze match
- 17:00 GMT (+00:00) Final
Results and rules
Official tournament results page at tournaments.peliliiga.fi.
For the full rule set, please refer to asus_rog_summer_2012_starcraft_ii_rules.pdf.
Like ASUS ROG on Facebook
Head on over to the ASUS ROG Nordic facebook page and like it to not miss any behind the scenes info. Or if you just want to show the sponsors of the tournament some love.
Finally, to remind you all of the company who makes this tournament possible, ROG -- Republic of Gamers, a gaming sub brand of ASUS that is comprised of cutting edge hardware tailored for serious gamers. The product branches include; Motherboards, Graphics Cards, LCD Monitors, Gaming Peripherals, Desktops and Notebooks. The ASUS ROG Tournament will be solely powered by ASUS and ROG hardware.
ASUS, the world’s top 3 consumer notebook vendor and the maker of the world’s best-selling and most award winning motherboards, is a leading enterprise in the new digital era. ASUS designs and manufactures products that perfectly meet the needs of today's digital home, office and person, with a broad portfolio that includes motherboards, graphics cards, optical drives, displays, desktops, Eee Box and all-in-one PCs, notebooks, netbooks, tablet devices, servers, multimedia and wireless solutions, networking devices, and mobile phones. With a global staff of more than 10,000 and a world-class R&D team of 3,000 engineers, the company's revenue for 2011 was US$13 billion.