• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:35
CEST 13:35
KST 20:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)39Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10289 users

CatZ vs Tarson - Show Match Replays & Interview

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
ICCup.Tesla
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States841 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-13 04:44:12
May 13 2010 04:01 GMT
#1
For those of you that missed it there was an epic show match between Catz and Tarson on Good2Game.com! After the show match of Tarson vs CatZ, we were able to get an interview with CatZ. So here it is! Once again, I'd like to say good games by both Tarson and CatZ. As well as a congratulations to CatZ for winning a Best of 5 show match verse Tarson.

Quick Player Info:

Name/Aka: CatZ
Age: 23
Team: Root - A Member and Founder of the team
Race: Zerg

[image loading]


Tesla: Do you train?
CatZ: Of course I train! I don't train as much as I'd like to. Perhaps 5-10 games a day would be my average with some days where I play 20 games and other days where I only play 1 or none. I enjoy obsing my teammates though.



Tesla: Did you prepare for this show match?
CatZ: Just barely last night. I played about 10 ZvTs.



Tesla: What were you thinking before the matches? Were you nervous or did you expect anything?
CatZ: I was nervous. Last night in my training I played against my Teammates Drewbie, CauthonLuck, Qxc and invited DayNine and Strelok to come along.



Tesla: Did you expect to win this show match verse Tarson?
CatZ: I did ok, but not amazing and so I was a bit concerned. I was nervous before the match as I did not have any insight to his playing style. However my friend newHABIT told me a bit about Tarson's style and that helped me adapt within the games. I expected to win, but I wouldn't have been surprised or bummed if I lost against such a good player.



Tesla: How do you like the balance?
CatZ: I think the game is balanced, although playing vs Strelok I could see Terran can abuse a lot of their builds and that kind of worried me. Also, Voidrays in PvT seem pretty dangerous and phoenixes... LOL phoenixes.



Tesla: Do you plan to go pro?
CatZ: Yes. I plan to go pro. Perhaps not so much as an individual, but with my team, ROOT.



Tesla: Which of the 4 games do you feel was the most interesting?
CatZ: I think all of the games went in my favor, the one I lost I made a big mistake, being impatient and trying to end it instead of taking my gold and getting perhaps some banelings. I found his reaper strat interesting, but I think I quickly adapted and it doing minimum damage in all of the games turned the series in my favor.



Tesla: Why do you play zerg?
CatZ: I play zerg because I've played zerg since Starcraft 1. I am not a very organized person and I am rather lazy and so I never watch replays other than the ones my friends show me and I try not to get attached to any build orders, other than my openings. I like adapting and constantly changing my play according to what my opponent does and I think zerg is best for that.



Tesla: Who do you think are the top latin players? Do you feel you are among them?
CatZ: I don't know many Latin players that are excelling, I do believe I am one of the top players in Latin America at the moment. Others I can think of would be my countryman Fenix, Capoch seems to be doing ok from Argentina and Levin from Brazil perhaps.




Tesla: Who do you think is the best player in the world, on US or EU server, at the moment? Please say one for each race.

CatZ: I think BRAT_OK is amongs the best players in Europe at the moment. I say this based on the fact that I was very impressed when I played him on Europe, although lag was horrible. In North America, I like to think my teammates are amongst the very best and that we can compete with anyone.

In Norht America I can name a few for each race:

Protoss - KiWiKaKi, HuK, Nony & iNka

Terran - CauthonLuck, Drewbie, Qxc & LzGaMer

Zerg - SLuSh, Machine, Sheth & IdrA

EU, I don't watch replays!!! LOL but for Protoss I find Wilko from Germany to be very creative. For zerg perhaps my friend newHABIT, since I've seen his replays upon request and he's very impressive and for Terran BRAT_OK most deffenantly.




Tesla: Who is your favorite player to watch?

CatZ: My favorite player to watch... that's a tough one as I don't really watch replays, but in practice games I enjoy obsing Ace, Loner, Drewbie, CauthonLuck, Qxc, Sheth, SLush and Joseki. I am also a Machine fan, but I haven't seen enough of him... again cuz I don't watch replays XD




Tesla: What do you think is the difference of your career in Starcraft Broodwar vs Starcraft 2? I mean in Starcraft 2, you are becoming very well known.

CatZ: In Broodwar I was leader of Team Peru and Leader of iG. Very oldschool and early on I did good in WCG Peru and so on, but I lost motivation fast or rather focused on 2v2, where I think I excelled.

In starcraft2 things changed as me and drewbie wanted to make a pro sc2 team for YEARS literally and its all coming true which makes us extremely happy. We decided that we both needed to be very good in both 1v1 and 2v2, this way we could win clanwars with 2 members. However, after getting a very strong base of players in the team, pressure is off and so i don't practice as much anymore.




Tesla: In BW fenix and Castro use to be top peruvians, but in Starcraft 2 it is now you. We do not see Fenix or Castro as top players anymore, why do you think that is?

CatZ: Fenix and CaStrO are great players, but they became very good through massive amounts of games. I never needed too many games. I like to think of my strategys, create my own and adapt with my own knowledge. I think fenix and castro may be a bit more mechanical, but without a doubt they will catch up very soon. Also i don't think castro has a key yet, and Fenix is doing very well so he shouldn't be counted out at all he improves incredibly fast




Tesla: Alright. Thank you so much for your time. Do you have any words for the community? Also I want to say thank you for participating in the sc2latino.net and good2game.com show match.

CatZ: It was an honor and a priviledge. Shoutouts to Joseki, the next big name and the rest of my beloved team. As well as all the people who supported me and bet for me on gosugamers.net! Root's website is up and will soon become fully functional at www.root-gaming.com. If you're good at joomla/php and are interested in join our team to become our web admin please msg me at catz.root Thank you very much to you guys, and to Tarson for great manner and good games.

For those who missed the epic games here is a link to download the zipped folder of all four games:

CatZ vs Tarson - Show Match on May 11th
@DjTesla ~ CEO of GoSc, GoLoL, GoD3 & GoSmite ~ @The_GoSc ~ @TheGoLoL ~ The greatest glory of man, is not in never falling, but in rising after each time he has fallen.
ROOTCatZ
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
Peru1238 Posts
May 13 2010 04:19 GMT
#2
sick, thank you tesla, good2game and Tarson of course!
Progamerwww.root-gaming.com
deL
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Australia5540 Posts
May 13 2010 04:22 GMT
#3
Two good players who don't get heaps of air time, should be a lot of fun
Gaming videos for fun ~ http://www.youtube.com/user/WijLopenLos
TeMiL
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Peru545 Posts
May 13 2010 17:40 GMT
#4
gg catz ^ ^
peru with top players again!
AlliNPreFlop
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
59 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-13 18:28:28
May 13 2010 18:28 GMT
#5
Nice interview, i agree with most of the thing you mentioned in there. =]
I want to wish best of luck to all root gaming members, for the present and the future.
I root for root!

# Ill watch replays once i have time and tell you what i think about em^^

Dog22
Profile Joined April 2010
United States140 Posts
May 13 2010 18:33 GMT
#6
Woooo go catz!! I love you.
Tarson
Profile Joined July 2003
Poland130 Posts
May 13 2010 18:38 GMT
#7
Thanks for SM, well played CatZ, cheers
Wilko
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Germany470 Posts
May 13 2010 19:16 GMT
#8
Gonna watch the VoDs for sure
ROOTCatZ
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
Peru1238 Posts
May 13 2010 19:53 GMT
#9
=) well played too Tarson, thank you for your time and good games!
Progamerwww.root-gaming.com
newHABIT
Profile Joined January 2005
Sweden112 Posts
May 13 2010 20:18 GMT
#10
Well played CatZ!
CookieJarPirate
Profile Joined March 2010
United States61 Posts
May 14 2010 01:54 GMT
#11
Unfortunately I didn't get to catch this live. Going to check out the vods asap.
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
May 14 2010 02:04 GMT
#12
"rather focused on 2v2, where I think I excelled."

will back you up on this. very good zerg ally in a protoss/zerg combo. hope you do well paulo
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
ZielNereza
Profile Joined December 2009
Mexico16 Posts
May 14 2010 04:03 GMT
#13
CatZ played really good in these games i didnt know he was that good lately ;P really good job both of u guys ;]
Post Mortem~
PanDa.EdIsOn
Profile Joined May 2010
China1 Post
May 17 2010 05:11 GMT
#14
i love u too,my baby catz
PanDa Gaming
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
10:00
Episode 111
CranKy Ducklings41
CranKy Ducklings SOOP24
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech130
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23703
Shuttle 2816
Bisu 1038
Horang2 802
Jaedong 584
BeSt 414
Hyuk 352
actioN 315
firebathero 290
Light 243
[ Show more ]
Zeus 203
Stork 200
Mini 188
Soulkey 174
Soma 138
Last 135
EffOrt 117
Leta 115
ggaemo 87
ZerO 86
Rush 82
Pusan 74
hero 56
Mong 55
Snow 55
Killer 40
Sexy 39
Aegong 39
Mind 36
Sea.KH 34
Shine 29
NaDa 28
Sharp 26
Bale 24
Shinee 22
ToSsGirL 19
soO 18
PianO 15
JulyZerg 13
Free 13
sorry 13
Terrorterran 10
zelot 8
HiyA 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Noble 7
Dota 2
qojqva1149
Gorgc864
Dendi685
Fuzer 121
XaKoH 61
League of Legends
Reynor87
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1426
shoxiejesuss679
x6flipin266
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2116
crisheroes751
Other Games
gofns36998
singsing2246
B2W.Neo470
XBOCT322
DeMusliM189
Mew2King144
Livibee112
ArmadaUGS109
Liquid`LucifroN85
QueenE65
Chillindude12
ZerO(Twitch)12
Railgan8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream294
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 46
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2163
• TFBlade452
Other Games
• WagamamaTV105
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 25m
Stellar Fest
1h 25m
OSC
12h 25m
Stellar Fest
1d 1h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 22h
Online Event
1d 23h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-28
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.