I'm using this Warpgate image again because I don't know what else to put here...
This is a relatively standard build that I love throwing into the mix on ladder. It allows us to hit a very sharp nine Stalker timing-attack against opponents who open with fast expansions, whilst also keeping us very safe against any proxies or cheeses that we might encounter.
Additionally, the video guide (below) also contains some information on how I personally like to utilise both my scouting Probe and my first two Gateway units to avoid being cheesed in PvP. I'm sure lots of people will find this very useful!
- 14 Pylon (Chronoboost Probes Once When Complete)
- 16 Gateway
- 17 Assimilator
- 18 Assimilator
- 19 Gateway
- 20 Cybernetics Core
- 21 Pylon
- @100% Cybernetics Core: 2x Stalker (Chronoboost Both), Warpgate Research (Chronoboost Once)
- 28 Proxy Pylon
- @100% Stalkers: 2x Stalker
- 32 Proxy Gateway
- @100% Stalkers: 2x Stalker
- 36 Robotics Facility
- 36 Shield Battery
- 36 Pylon
- @100% Warpgate Research: Warp-In Stalkers and Attack!
- Use the Probe that builds your Gateways to scout one half of the map and your first two Stalkers to scout the other half of the map. Doing this gives you the best chance of finding any proxies that the opponent might try to utilise.
- The Pylon on 36 supply doesn't need to be used to create a full wall, but doing so is much safer against the threat of Adepts shading into your main base whilst you're controlling your attack. If you're confident in your ability to react to Adept shades, you should build this Pylon in your natural to power a Shield Battery once you do expand.
- Expand once you manage to force the opponent to cancel their expansion, or once you're sure that you won't be able to do any further damage with your Stalker pressure. If you did manage to make them cancel their expansion, warp-in Sentries so that you can Forcefield contain the opponent on one base whilst you secure your own expansion.
- The Robotics Facility should make two Observers once it completes, which gives you one for scouting the opponent and one for detection at home. I then like to get two Immortals for safety against possible counter-attacks.
- After securing your expansion, the standard transition is towards upgraded Blink Stalkers, which you can achieve by placing down a Twilight Council and a Forge after starting your first Immortal.
This build became a little weaker when the Battery Overcharge ability was introduced as it's very difficult to attack into someone who has energy saved up to boost a Shield Battery, but it's still an incredibly powerful opening against opponents who try to cut corners or are trying to be aggressive themselves.
The ladder is very volatile, so I consider this one of the best ways to open into a standard Blink Stalker mid-game because you should always be able to get there using this opening. Importantly, it will get you a lot of free-wins against people who are trying to be too clever, and there are plenty of those on the ladder!