• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:40
CEST 07:40
KST 14:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8518 users

Coming back after 9 years

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Super_Diglett
Profile Joined June 2020
2 Posts
June 20 2020 22:06 GMT
#1
Hey everyone!

As the title says, I started playing again, after 9 whole years. Got no clue where my old TL account is, so a new account has to do.

Playing Zerg, and I was wondering if some of you could hook me up with the lastest basic stategies for ZvT, ZvP and ZvZ. Been browsing a lot, but so much is from back in the day or 2 years old which I am not sure is still viable. Just looking for the basic timings, what builds to look out for and some standard Zerg builds to climp the ladding with.

Got placed in Gold 3, but mainly playing platinum and diamond players and losing games more on just forgetting to scout, but also getting slapped with units I have never seen before. Had to find out roaches aren't that great against transformed Hellions the hard way >.<

So I am just looking for basic all round information to get me up to speed! All the nitty gritty I will pick up from the just playing, getting rekked and then just reading up on what beat me.

Thanks in advance!
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
June 21 2020 02:26 GMT
#2
To get back up to speed something like Vibe's bronze to GM series is probably what you're looking for:



For recent build orders you can check out spawning tool: https://lotv.spawningtool.com/ .
Super_Diglett
Profile Joined June 2020
2 Posts
June 21 2020 10:00 GMT
#3
Ah great! Thx ^^
Slydie
Profile Joined August 2013
2011 Posts
June 21 2020 21:50 GMT
#4
The main difference for me compared to WoL and HotS is that every race expands much faster now, and the timings are up to 5 minutes quicker because of starting with more workers. As a rule of thumb, you can add a base: If a Terran pushed to deny a 3rd in WoL, the same push would be to deny a 4th now, but would still be around as game deciding. Because of that, even lower league players know how to take 3rd and 4th bases now, so you have to relearn to push that drone button!
Buff the siegetank
Metallica911
Profile Joined November 2017
9 Posts
June 23 2020 16:02 GMT
#5
Same here, long time break but thinking of firing back up the old BW
PhobiaStarcraft
Profile Joined June 2020
2 Posts
June 25 2020 15:34 GMT
#6
Welcome back! I'm curious what prompted you to start playing again.
SilentNoodle
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Australia290 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-06-26 09:12:11
June 26 2020 09:09 GMT
#7
i'm getting back into sc2 as well, started with good ole 2v2's ahaha

1v1 tho you might wanna check out PiG's youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9OluGthYmZo0vsF9IjicFg

Edit:
also looking at the sidebar,
https://tl.net/forum/sc2-strategy/531567-hushang-tutorials
Arrogant
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada51 Posts
August 15 2020 14:50 GMT
#8
I am in a familiar situation, coming back after not playing since 2013. For me it was the fact my wife and I couldn't go anywhere on vacation so I decided to play through the campaign.

I'm particularly interested in any map packs to try learning some simple builds. If anyone can recommend any I would greatly appreciate it!
Team Synergy
dbRic1203
Profile Joined July 2019
Germany2655 Posts
August 15 2020 15:53 GMT
#9
On August 15 2020 23:50 Arrogant wrote:
I am in a familiar situation, coming back after not playing since 2013. For me it was the fact my wife and I couldn't go anywhere on vacation so I decided to play through the campaign.

I'm particularly interested in any map packs to try learning some simple builds. If anyone can recommend any I would greatly appreciate it!

DreamHack Masters Summer released all their replays for free.
Other source would probably Wardi, he gives all replays he casts (-Wekkly ESL Open Cups) to his Twitch subscribers and there is about absolutly not a single Pro out there, who doesn t get featured by him from time to time, because he covers so much.
MaxPax
Arrogant
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada51 Posts
August 15 2020 16:23 GMT
#10
On August 16 2020 00:53 dbRic1203 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 15 2020 23:50 Arrogant wrote:
I am in a familiar situation, coming back after not playing since 2013. For me it was the fact my wife and I couldn't go anywhere on vacation so I decided to play through the campaign.

I'm particularly interested in any map packs to try learning some simple builds. If anyone can recommend any I would greatly appreciate it!

DreamHack Masters Summer released all their replays for free.
Other source would probably Wardi, he gives all replays he casts (-Wekkly ESL Open Cups) to his Twitch subscribers and there is about absolutly not a single Pro out there, who doesn t get featured by him from time to time, because he covers so much.


Sweet thanks for the quick reply! I will download and check out!
Team Synergy
LYMx
Profile Joined August 2020
2 Posts
August 16 2020 02:44 GMT
#11
Same, since wol
Plat terran /w LYM on eu if you want to practise
I like to analyse replays with practise friends
brannonhane38
Profile Joined August 2020
1 Post
August 16 2020 06:55 GMT
#12
wow amazing.
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States758 Posts
August 16 2020 08:21 GMT
#13
Anyone else coming back to the game finds that getting replay is such a huge hassle nowadays?
It is insane.............
别问,问就是查无此人。
iamove_
Profile Joined August 2020
1 Post
August 16 2020 11:40 GMT
#14
On June 21 2020 07:06 Super_Diglett wrote:
Hey everyone!

As the title says, I started playing again, after 9 whole years. Got no clue where my old TL account is, so a new account has to do.

Playing Zerg, and I was wondering if some of you could hook me up with the lastest basic stategies for ZvT, ZvP and ZvZ. Been browsing a lot, but so much is from back in the day or 2 years old which I am not sure is still viable. Just looking for the basic timings, what builds to look out for and some standard Zerg builds to climp the ladding with.

Got placed in Gold 3, but mainly playing platinum and diamond players and losing games more on just forgetting to scout, but also getting slapped with units I have never seen before. Had to find out roaches aren't that great against transformed Hellions the hard way >.<

So I am just looking for basic all round information to get me up to speed! All the nitty gritty I will pick up from the just playing, getting rekked and then just reading up on what beat me.

Thanks in advance!



I am in the same boat. For zerg I found that sc2swarm (https://sc2swarm.com/) has helped me. Most of the updated builds are on Youtube these days. PiGs Youtube channel is a good place to start. He has a build order guides and coaching sessions you can watch.
cartwrightkari
Profile Joined November 2020
1 Post
November 18 2020 10:49 GMT
#15
--- Nuked ---
Kertorak
Profile Joined November 2019
125 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-11-29 03:22:32
November 28 2020 21:34 GMT
#16
Hi there. First I'm addressing an answer here, then the topic poster (my actual answer) in an attempt to foster some dedicated help.

On June 21 2020 11:26 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
To get back up to speed something like Vibe's bronze to GM series is probably what you're looking for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRzaIP6jl5s

For recent build orders you can check out spawning tool: https://lotv.spawningtool.com/ .

If I may comment on this: This "recommendation" is literally "posted" + Show Spoiler +
(I would say spam I was honest)
everywhere.. This content-creator is great... that being said answering to anyone having specific questions with this, everywhere () is.... It's very very general recommendation without caring for what the person actually asked.

Fair enough: It's super if someone looks for a comprehensive, big, long term "guide", otherwise quite big. It's basically a massive learning live-guide from ground, and it covers everything but it's spread from bronze to master (playing in these). And nice enough to post the replay-site (I didn't know about spawning-tool, thanks)

[When I would link this guide maker: I would give several summaries of where to look at that series... depending on what the person seeks, just respecting that huge content and that it confused anyone just getting there; but it's always just "go to [beep]'s b to gm"] [FYI I studied that guy some x months ago from some random recommendation to me]

So: I feel the person asking perhaps needs some some shorter guides like builds meta, replays, even though I personally would not give builds right away,
1) but hey if he asks:

This is the replay sites I have bookmarked for myself to look at what the pros do:
- Dreamhack 2020: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lOYMZR-BwqE4Lha6upOZyuvbOeJ42HAl
- And here you can find other replays, i.e. one from 2020: https://drop.sc/replay/16004281

If you seek certain counters, I'm sure someone can link to the exact replay, there is just so much :-) see 2)

On August 16 2020 17:21 PurE)Rabbit-SF wrote:
Anyone else coming back to the game finds that getting replay is such a huge hassle nowadays?
It is insane.............

I read this, and tried to include the answer here, see above 1)

On June 21 2020 07:06 Super_Diglett wrote:

Playing Zerg, and I was wondering if some of you could hook me up with the lastest basic stategies for ZvT, ZvP and ZvZ. Been browsing a lot, but so much is from back in the day or 2 years old which I am not sure is still viable. Just looking for the basic timings, what builds to look out for and some standard Zerg builds to climp the ladding with.

[...] Had to find out roaches aren't that great against transformed Hellions the hard way >.<

On top of 1)
2) but hey if he asks:

Okay: You seek for timings, and for instance Zerg vs Hellbats:
This is sources I discovered myself , "recently":
- GM-Zerg: Defending Hellbats and vsing Mech - Coaching ZvT Diamond 1
(FYI: this is not super recent, but from my experience it looks like "this years'" Meta! Source: see replay sites)

- GM-Zerg Lambo with some great mini guides (which from what I read you seek), 2019-2020: https://www.youtube.com/c/LamboSC2/videos
he also mentions the timings you seek very well.

For other strategies (just ask for what you want to know exactly,, because it's not small content the game has :-),
I'm sure anyone can give you some quick modern references to single replays or single guides.
I just happened to read this , now. Have fun :-)
I wish I had quality over quantity | "The point of Sc<x> is that your skill a constant WIP - which provides that unique joy of the game - not to post which rank you are in a this moment"
Bub
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States3518 Posts
December 03 2020 04:11 GMT
#17
Damn, nice write up Kertorak. Making me give it another run!
XK ßubonic
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft685
PiGStarcraft239
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 535
Stork 220
ggaemo 171
Leta 143
PianO 59
Hyuk 31
yabsab 17
Bale 15
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm225
League of Legends
JimRising 786
Reynor3
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King295
Westballz42
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor660
Other Games
summit1g8986
Coldzera 841
C9.Mang0331
Sick158
RuFF_SC2113
ViBE74
ArmadaUGS57
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick635
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream125
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 9
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2198
League of Legends
• Lourlo1202
• Stunt390
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
4h 21m
Online Event
5h 21m
FEL
10h 21m
AI Arena Tournament
11h 21m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
13h 21m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 6h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.