• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:03
CEST 08:03
KST 15:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7097 users

[Interview] Idra in Korea

Forum Index > Razer TSL Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-20 10:53:55
April 20 2008 10:00 GMT
#1
Idra sat down with TL.net to chat a bit about how it's going over in Korea.

Describe the practice games and how you are doing in each matchup.
Idra: TvP is my best matchup vs the progamers by far, I'm having to completely rework my TvZ because Korean style zvt is so much different(better) than non koreans. I'm learning TvT pretty quickly given how bad I was in it before coming here. I'm doing about as well as can be expected overall, I've won some games but am still definitely the worst player in the house. I can see myself beginning to improve though.

Are they happy with your skills and attitude so far?
Idra: Yes, the best part of the whole thing so far has been the other players and coach/manager. They're all incredibly nice and have gone out of their way to make the transition easy for me and to make me feel at home. I'm not really sure what their opinion of me is because im not sure they would tell me if they thought I really sucked, but they seem pretty satisfied so far.

Daniel lee speaks english, so he probably helped with the transition greatly. How's your Korean coming along?
Idra: I'm not learning it as quickly as I would have liked, our free time is broken up into half-hour/hour segments so theres not alot of time to sit down and study and I'm able to communicate with the players pretty well as is so its not a pressing need. But I am picking up vocabulary just through everyday conversation.

They are allowing you time to play TSL? That is nice of them.
Idra: They're not making an exception for it, I just play a bit in my free time to relax. As for the final tournament if need be I can skip some practice time because they think the exposure and money is worth-while.

What are the biggest differences between Korean and foreigner playstyles in the pracitce games you've played so far?
Idra: In general just cleaner mechanics, you almost never catch their macro slip and major micro mistakes are rare. But like I said the biggest difference is the zergs, the muta micro and hive tech useage is so much better than foreign zergs its hard to believe. To give some perspective I think tvz was widely considered my best matchup outside Korea, I'm pretty sure its my worst statistically in practice games here.

How do they approach practice games differently?
Idra: Repetition mainly, when they have a specific match to practice for they play nothing but that one map for days on end, down to memorizing building placements for the different spots and things like that. As far as I know foreigners don't even go that in depth for WCG, and Koreans do it for every match.

Do you like the food?
Idra: I'm still adjusting to the new diet, alot of flavors and stuff I'm not used to. I had trouble eating alot of it at first but its slowly getting better. A lot of its good, just new.

Everyone is eagerly anticipating you showing up on the eStro bench. What are the chances of that happening anytime soon?
Idra: As soon as I earn it. I'm still an amateur at the moment, once I pass courage league I'll be eligible to play for proleague, and then its just a matter of doing well enough to get a spot on the roster.

Who does the best on inter-team practices? UpMagic?
Idra: I don't know really. We don't keep track of practice game records and the best players dont tend to practice against each other a whole lot. They all have their own proleague matchs to prepare for and so tend to play against some of the lesser pros. If I had to guess, probably upmagic or goodfriend.

Who are you friends with so far?
Idra: Well everyones been really friendly, but I spend most of my time with the B team players, since we practice in the same room. Nsp_Fancy Melon[3.33] By.Puma Younga[Kal] Suny[fOu] Sea.Same. Fancy speaks English very well and I sit next to Suny, so I've gotten to know those two in particular pretty well.

Is everyone excited after their 2-0 start to Proleague?
Idra: Ya, we're currently tied for first and if we beat MBC next match we'll be in first by ourselves. Everyones really happy, especially considering last season's performance.

Did you go out drinking with them yet?
Idra: Nah the team is only allowed to drink on our free day and I'm not allowed to go to a club until Daniel says so anyway.

TL.net and the foreign community have been eagerly awaiting updates from you!
Idra: Sorry to those who request a blog about the whole thing from me, theres just not really anything to write about. We practice everyday, all day.

Its fun though so far?
Idra: very fun.

We are excited to see a new improved Idra for TSL. We have so few Terrans!
Idra: Thanks. Ya I'll qualify, I don't have time to cherry pick or work my way into the top 16, but if I get close to 48th ill start playing more.

Have you kept in touch with media guys at all?
Idra: We talk on msn/iccup most nights during my free time.

Do the estro players play iccup for practice now that the maps are in?
Idra: I think the maps just changed and most of them aren't aware of it yet, but a surprising number of them have iccup accounts so ya I expect they'll start playing it more.

Good luck and I hope you pass courage!
Idra: thanks
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
April 20 2008 10:03 GMT
#2
nice interview
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
Elric
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom1327 Posts
April 20 2008 10:10 GMT
#3
Great interview. Thanks HB. I'm sure absolutely everyone here was dying to know how Idra was doing!

When is the courage league btw? :S
Centric
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1989 Posts
April 20 2008 10:24 GMT
#4
Here's to IdrA passing courage. Really looking forward to it.
Super serious.
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51694 Posts
April 20 2008 10:29 GMT
#5
Nice interview, I'm surprised he has to earn his progaming licence unlike other most pro's who were given one through the exception thingy (like Draco).

As with the blogs, who cares if its just practice, just blog about daily life (waking up, food habits etc).
Commentator
isbunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Sweden1017 Posts
April 20 2008 10:33 GMT
#6
superb interview!
KIM TAEK YONG HWAITING!
wurm
Profile Joined October 2007
Philippines2296 Posts
April 20 2008 10:35 GMT
#7
Go Idra! Tear up the courage league.

I love all these interviews. Can we get one from Leg? Please...
I know where my towel is.
niteReloaded
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Croatia5282 Posts
April 20 2008 10:36 GMT
#8
TL is omnipresent. GL idra!

its nice to hear he's not having too much trouble with language and stuff. That shit can really kill you mentally.
Rekrul
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Korea (South)17174 Posts
April 20 2008 10:47 GMT
#9
Nice interview. GL idra and don't ever go to night club. Never ever ever. NEVER. Fuck don't even go to a bar.
why so 진지해?
Senx
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Sweden5901 Posts
April 20 2008 10:48 GMT
#10
So Daniel Lee was lying in his interview then.. they do sit and practice all day.
"trash micro but win - its marine" MC commentary during HSC 4
sasal
Profile Joined March 2008
Germany74 Posts
April 20 2008 10:51 GMT
#11
Ty Hotbid and Idra for this intreview. It was interesting to me to read about his days and feelings over there. I hope he is feeling even more comfortable as time passes and yeah like hotbid said as one of the few terrans would be nice to see him still active in the tsl and in some broadcasted matches later on.
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-20 10:56:40
April 20 2008 10:55 GMT
#12
I think it's very clear Idra went there to improve and become a strong player, not just to "get an experience" or whatever. From his statements recognizing that right now he's the worst in the house, and that he's having fun in all the practice matches, it seems he's got no ego and is simply happy to practice and get better. This attitude is a positive sign and I wish him the best. Pass courage!
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
TonyL2
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
England1953 Posts
April 20 2008 10:55 GMT
#13
Awesome interview. I'd love to see him play in Proleague or any televised match
grobo
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Japan6199 Posts
April 20 2008 11:03 GMT
#14
Really nice interview, i have been waiting to hear how he's doing over there.
We make signature, then defense it.
IdrA
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States11541 Posts
April 20 2008 11:39 GMT
#15
On April 20 2008 19:48 Senx wrote:
So Daniel Lee was lying in his interview then.. they do sit and practice all day.

nah we go out and play soccer or run up and down a mountain after lunch almost every day
http://www.splitreason.com/product/1152 release the gracken tshirt now available
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
April 20 2008 11:53 GMT
#16
who wins the races and who is good at soccer??
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
KizZBG
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
u gotta skate8152 Posts
April 20 2008 12:02 GMT
#17
I'd like to know that too^^ :p
eSTRO for life | #2 Sea.Really fan! | #1 GosI[Flying] fan! | Clide - best SC2 terran!
Cesar2000
Profile Joined April 2008
Sweden185 Posts
April 20 2008 12:06 GMT
#18
very nice
prOxi.swAMi
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Australia3091 Posts
April 20 2008 12:21 GMT
#19
Excellent interview. I love to hear about this kind of stuff. Good luck IdrA I really hope you do well!
Oh no
IdrA
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States11541 Posts
April 20 2008 12:29 GMT
#20
next courage hasnt been announced yet, it should be sometime next month.
running up and down the hill isnt a race we all just follow daniel
goodfriend is pretty good at soccer, mingu sangho tosslife artofterran and a few others seem good too, im not a very good judge of skill as i suck pretty bad at it myself.
http://www.splitreason.com/product/1152 release the gracken tshirt now available
1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 133
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1918
Shuttle 903
ggaemo 98
Dewaltoss 82
Hm[arnc] 51
Bale 26
Noble 24
ZergMaN 14
soO 13
yabsab 12
[ Show more ]
Icarus 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm174
League of Legends
JimRising 630
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1152
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor683
Other Games
summit1g8233
C9.Mang0302
PiGStarcraft283
Mew2King136
ViBE46
ArmadaUGS41
trigger10
Happy6
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream99
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 33
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2313
League of Legends
• Lourlo1099
• Rush945
• Stunt366
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
6h 57m
OSC
15h 57m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 3h
Online Event
1d 4h
FEL
1d 9h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 10h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 12h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.