• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:28
CEST 01:28
KST 08:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War685.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
ESL Pro Tour for SC2 discontinued [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion Ziemie's Starcraft 1 Prequel Campaign Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch)
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12508 users

[Interview] Pre-TSL TeamLiquid Community

Forum Index > Razer TSL Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-03-30 19:29:07
March 30 2008 03:22 GMT
#1
[image loading]


Here are a few pre-TSL interviews with various site personalities and players of different levels to get their initial thoughts on the TSL.



Interview with Manifesto7, TL SuperAdmin and site representative.

What does this project mean to TL.net?
I think it is obvious by now that TL is going in a new direction. The coverage of news has become so advanced compared to even three years ago that I feel that area is strong.

However, it has been a while since TL has pulled off something of the TLT scope. I tried it with the ladder, but that fell on its face. I think this is a much better project however. TL Attack is what I call the "proof of concept". Once we got it working, then we could set our sites on something more ambitious.

The TSL combines all the elements of the past TLT's but with more of a TeamLiquid flavour. Having a real StarLeague should have been our goal long ago, but it is only now that we have really had the right mix of people to pull it off. The talent on the crew right now is off the charts... if people could see the kind of skill we have in place now. Anyway, people will see.

On that note, I'd also like to give a huge shoutout to the TL staff old and new. This project has been and will be great to work on.

Any explanation about the crazy hype for this event?
Hype is a funny thing. I feel that two weeks used to be no problem. These days though, people's attention spans are so short that anything over 48 hours is too long. I just laughed at the people saying "This better be worth it!" Or what? haha. Anyway, hype is as much for the staff as it is for everyone else. It gets everyone excited, and it is fun to be a part of.

What is bizarre is that TL created much of the hype on its own. People were throwing around weird conspiracies and all of a sudden they became accepted truths. TL should start a media company.

Next time though, we definitely need more pictures with coordinates. That was the best thing ever.

Are you going to try and qualify?
Fuck yeah. The ManifestoCrusher will be in full form. I expect to go undefeated.



Interview with Kennigit, TL.net Administrator and TL Attack observer.

What does this project mean to TL.net?
When I joined the Tl.net staff, I had the ambition (hahaha) to work with other members on little features to supplement what is already great about Teamliquid. Never did I imagine we would end up with a project such as this, and it is only the result of the incredible members of staff that we have on board right now - you have all done amazing work preparing this.

The community will feel the gravity of this project as we move farther along with it. Teamliquid's future as the number one source for Starcraft progaming news outside of Korea is radically altered with new doors being opened. With community revitalization through the announcement of Starcraft 2, this is the perfect opportunity to draw attention to and reward the incredible community that has stood behind Brood War for so long.

You were the obs for TL Attack. Are you excited to do it for the TSL?
Absolutely. It's a bit stressful trying to be perfect when you realize there are hundreds of people watching your every move, but at the same time it is very rewarding being able to learn from the mistakes we make with TLA, fixing them and pushing ourselves to a more professional broadcast.

Are you disappointed you won't be playing yubee on 50 different versions of Lost Temple?
Who said we aren't playing? We made a hype poster and everything for it. Then again I can't let my reputation be tarnished by 26 5pools in a row.



Interview with Nony, Media clan member and a former guest on TL Attack.

What are your thoughts about this tournament?
This tournament is an awesome opportunity for foreigner players to feel what it's like to be a professional player in Korea. Though the prize money is fantastic, it has so much more to it than the dollars. It's a complete experience that has never been attempted outside of Korea. Short of owning a television station, this tournament is basically what would happen if the scene in Korea was picked up and handed to us foreigners. Both the players and the fans are getting a real treat here.

Are you going to play? What do you think are your chances of qualifying?
I will play in the qualifier. Who won't be? I think my chances of qualifying are good. Well, more than good. I feel like there's no chance that I won't qualify. I'll be going for the #1 seed and I'm confident I can get it.

Who do you think in the foreign community has the best chance to make it into the TSL? Who has the best chance to win the TSL?
Most people can list off who the top ~30 foreigners are, but it's tough to say who the top 16 are, and even tougher to say who #31-#48 are, but those are the numbers that people will be competing for. So I think there is an obvious list of about 30 people who will make it, but who will get the coveted top 16 and who will fill out the top 48 can only be revealed by the event. Ambition and determination aren't just empty hype words. From the very start, players will truly need these qualities whether they are among the hundreds who are on the brink of fame or among the dozens who want to prove that they are the best of the best.



Interview with Intrigue, forum member and Team Melee pro.

What do you think about the TSL?
It's going to be really, really sweet. You've got a Starleague with a huge prize pool that includes known players and the public, backed by an awesome site - it's pretty much guaranteed to be nuts. The project is very timely too. Since SC2's upcoming release, there's been a lot of renewed foreign interest in high level starcraft, with GSI and TLA doing extremely well. If the TSL is successful and can be done more than once, it could play a big part in furthering Starcraft's popularity in the foreign scene.

Are you going to play? What do you think are your chances of qualifying?
Yeah I'm definitely going to play even though I'm really rusty. It should be pretty easy to get into the Top 16. No, I'm totally kidding. To be honest, if I really really applied myself I think I would still need a nice dose of luck to barely squeak in. At one point I was B- on iccup but I expect this event to draw a LOT of players, especially a lot of skilled ones. Every decent players should all give it a shot anyway, since who knows!? bbs/5pool can do wonders

Are you going to follow and watch in May?
Yup, definitely. The known players will have awesome games, but I'm especially interested in seeing unknown or random TL posters up in a big match against them. It'd be crazy fun cheering for someone you know try to qualify or even in the actual league.



Interview with yubee, video intro maker and notorious 5-pooler.

What do you think of the TSL?
I think it'll be great for the expansion of the SC community. Aside from WCG, this has got to be one of the biggest international tournaments ever. And I think it's safe to say that this is one of the biggest international tournaments that a foreigner can actually win.

Your chances of qualifying aren't too good... are you going to still play the ladder?
Of course I'll play. Most players don't expect to place highly on iCCup, but it's still a challenging and fun experience. Also, if I manage to 5 pool my way to the top of TSL, maybe everyone will finally start giving me the respect I deserve.

What are you most looking forward to about the TSL?
The qualification rounds are really important. A lot of recent foreign tournaments have been invite only, which is always fun to watch, but doesn't really do a lot to revitalize the SC scene. It's great that all kinds of players are getting a shot at the big leagues.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
St3MoR
Profile Joined November 2002
Spain3256 Posts
March 30 2008 16:16 GMT
#2
greeeeat interviews hot_bid, so appreciated i was soooooooooooo hyped

PS:autoberth superiorwolf!

Prophet in TL of the Makoto0124 ways
Centric
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1989 Posts
March 30 2008 16:18 GMT
#3
That interview with yubee might be the greatest thing I've ever read here.
Super serious.
TheDarKo
Profile Joined March 2008
Sweden109 Posts
March 30 2008 16:18 GMT
#4
Very nice, the future is now :D
~: They made me do iT :~ (Fan of SlayerS_`BoxeR` & sAviOr)
Nitrogen
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States5345 Posts
March 30 2008 16:19 GMT
#5
Lol, notorious 5-pooler.

Good interviews.
UNFUCK YOURSELF
OrderlyChaos
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States1115 Posts
March 30 2008 16:21 GMT
#6
Great interviews.

I can't wait for this.
grobo
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Japan6199 Posts
March 30 2008 16:22 GMT
#7
On March 30 2008 12:22 Kennigit wrote:
Then again I can't let my reputation be tarnished by 26 5pools in a row.


Hahahaha
We make signature, then defense it.
DhakhaR
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United Kingdom721 Posts
March 30 2008 16:24 GMT
#8
wow this is going to be so good, i cant wait.
i wont be able to play due to stupid uni internet, not that id qualify anyway, but ill be watching all the matches hopefully.

great job guys
Jyvblamo
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada13788 Posts
March 30 2008 16:26 GMT
#9
Thanks for the awesome interviews. :D
Titusmaster6
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5937 Posts
March 30 2008 16:27 GMT
#10
"I expect to go undefeated." 'nuff said.
Shorts down shorts up, BOOM, just like that.
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24805 Posts
March 30 2008 16:29 GMT
#11
Haha I asked intrigue what the hype was about since he obviously knew something, and he was like "secret" and I was like F YOU I SHOULDN'T HAVE FED YOU PIZZA BITCH.
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
Hyperionnn
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Turkey4968 Posts
March 30 2008 16:30 GMT
#12
This thing is HUGE.
DamageControL
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States4222 Posts
March 30 2008 16:31 GMT
#13
On March 31 2008 01:27 Titusmaster6 wrote:
"I expect to go undefeated." 'nuff said.

stop the event manis won...
Liquid | SKT
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
March 30 2008 16:37 GMT
#14
Great interviews
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
Daigomi
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
South Africa4316 Posts
March 30 2008 16:40 GMT
#15
Haha yubee. I agree that one day people will give your 5pool the respect it deserves! Great interviews, and good luck to everyone entering this. I think playing in this will be great fun!
Moderator
NotSupporting
Profile Joined February 2008
Sweden1998 Posts
March 30 2008 16:42 GMT
#16
Haha so nice, we must all fight to stop Nony, mohahah!
Ghin
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States2391 Posts
March 30 2008 16:46 GMT
#17
great read thanks hotbid

i always laugh when i see the manifesto crusher
Legalize drugs and murder.
DerNebel
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Denmark648 Posts
March 30 2008 17:00 GMT
#18
w00t! A great read, and soo awesome!

Even though i have about the same chance of qualifying as a cube of ice has to survive in hell ill still follow this awesome tourney!
Luddite
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States2315 Posts
March 30 2008 17:42 GMT
#19
God I am soooo pumped for this.
Can't believe I'm still here playing this same game
Snet *
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States3573 Posts
March 30 2008 18:18 GMT
#20
Really awesome, guys.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
The QMC Showmatch 1
CranKy Ducklings49
OSC
08:00
Masters Cup #151: Group A
davetesta15
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O113
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 9542
Artosis 722
ZZZero.O 118
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm183
League of Legends
Doublelift5580
JimRising 353
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe15
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4075
Other Games
summit1g9430
FrodaN2209
Liquid`RaSZi1894
Livibee457
C9.Mang0413
Maynarde157
ArmadaUGS42
Mew2King42
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1183
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 136
• musti20045 32
• Sammyuel 29
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1567
• Scarra1243
• Shiphtur628
Upcoming Events
OSC
12h 33m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.