• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:50
CEST 04:50
KST 11:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7732 users

Power Rank 02/01/2011 - Page 7

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 30 Next All
ibreakurface
Profile Joined June 2010
United States664 Posts
February 01 2011 23:00 GMT
#121
On February 01 2011 16:50 Severedevil wrote:
It saddens me to see two Terrans at the top. But any ordering of the top five could've held, depending on your fanboyism or how you value different characteristics...

Flash Pros: Top WL record, won head-to-head matches with Bisu and Stork, dominating previous year
Flash Cons: Worst league eliminations of TBLS (dropped out to scrubs + Kal), plays the most successful race
Flash Mitigators: Eliminations were a while ago, and close together in time; maybe a 'fluke'.

Bisu Pros: Top WL record, triple back-to-back all-kills, plays the least successful race
Bisu Cons: Early league elimination, lost most head-to-head matches
Bisu Mitigators: Eliminated at the hands of strong players

Fantasy Pros: Won the fucking OSL 3-0 against the best PvT'er of all time
Fantasy Cons: Comparatively weak Winner's League record, fucking terrible Bo5 against Calm, plays the most successful race
Fantasy Mitigators: Had to prep for his Starleague, didn't get to play much WL except against players that defeated Bisu.

Stork Pros: Top WL record, OSL silver + MSL seed, plays the least successful race, most longevity of any relevant modern player
Stork Cons: Lost 0-3 in two back-to-back Bo5s
Stork Mitigators: Had to play two back-to-back Bo5s against extremely good ZvP/TvP players who could dedicate their time primarily to those series; can also be argued as a fluke due to close proximity of losses and successful WL play following those losses.

Jaedong Pros: Good WL record, favored to win MSL, dominating previous year (I still blame T>>Z maps for Flash's crowning as official Bonjwa over Jaedong)
Jaedong Cons: Terrible loss to Violet, looking 'shaky' in ZvP, lost head-to-head matches


I would've favored Stork-->Jaedong-->Bisu-->Fantasy-->Flash because that's approximately my order of player preference, but... yeah.


Speaking of fanboyism....



I agree with the PR, considering these top 6 have hardly played each other it's hard to place them.

I'm curious why people think bisu>hydra though...
:) I play zerg. FOX AND KT ROLSTER COASTER FAN! Because I love everyone. Except bisu.
DenSkumle
Profile Joined December 2010
Norway108 Posts
February 01 2011 23:01 GMT
#122
just wanna leave my appreciation and approval of the PR.. done! (mayby fantasy a bit high, but it's all good)
Caos2
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1728 Posts
February 01 2011 23:57 GMT
#123
Almost the same players as I had in mind.
ZergMaestro
Profile Joined January 2011
United States169 Posts
February 01 2011 23:57 GMT
#124
I was going to bitch about how hydra, and snow aren't ranked high enough, but im dumb. They are ranked fine
Ma Jae Yoon #1. The ONLY Maestro. Effort.
slappy
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1271 Posts
February 02 2011 00:08 GMT
#125
yay more PR!

Thanks for the effort and timeliness Flamewheel.
jaedong imba
1Eris1
Profile Joined September 2010
United States5797 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-02 00:16:56
February 02 2011 00:13 GMT
#126
Hm interesting. Even as SKT fan I would say Fanta should be about 4th. His OSL win is great, but he's hardly doing anything else besides that.
As for Flash as No.1, I guess I can't argue. He has been tearing up everything. Although I do think Bisu has been doing better than Stork lately (no not SKT bias) and they should probably be switched.
JD I have to agree, he's just not showing his magic as much anymore.

Then again, I guess your all 5 can make a claim for No.1 makes sense.

Hydra definetely deserves his spot. He's probably the best player outside the Top 5. Snow and Zero also looked really good too.
Known Aliases: Tyragon, Valeric ~MSL Forever, SKT is truly the Superior KT!
dani_caliKorea
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
730 Posts
February 02 2011 00:47 GMT
#127
JD is being overlooked in WL because his teammates have been stepping up. Whereas T1 fails except Bisu..
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
February 02 2011 01:18 GMT
#128
On February 02 2011 09:47 dani_caliKorea wrote:
JD is being overlooked in WL because his teammates have been stepping up. Whereas T1 fails except Bisu..

Getting 0-1'd twice (Violet and Stork) doesn't help. He'll probably be at the top of next PR though if this MSL works out for him (and he can maintain good performance in WL).
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
February 02 2011 01:47 GMT
#129
Ya, I expect JD to win MSL and claim #1 next month.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
February 02 2011 02:44 GMT
#130
On February 02 2011 10:47 Holgerius wrote:
Ya, I expect JD to win MSL and claim #1 next month.


Man will I jump in joy if Jaedong can win this MSL (because he'll have tied Nada's record for huge tournament wins or w/e). I think he should definitely be #1 next month if he wins MSL but we shall see ^^. I don't think he should be ranked 5 but whatever was a hard PR to make ^^.
When I think of something else, something will go here
Monkeyshark
Profile Joined April 2010
United States406 Posts
February 02 2011 02:55 GMT
#131
You guys expect JD to win MSL and get #1 next month? What if he suddenly play crappy again in Proleague and win MSL? He'd be another fantasy.
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
February 02 2011 03:03 GMT
#132
JD hasn't even been close to being as bad as Fantasy in WL. He's 7-2 in it and is sitting comfortably above 2300 ELO.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Navi
Profile Joined November 2009
5286 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-02 03:26:27
February 02 2011 03:25 GMT
#133
Play crappy?
His teammates have just been doing terribad whenever he plays before them and playing good whenever he is clearly waiting to play the role of the anchor.

Hwaseung Oz #1 JD fpl trolls
Hey! Listen!
gostunv
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Japan1178 Posts
February 02 2011 03:26 GMT
#134
love you flamewheel!
teamblackeye.com ///// http://www.youtube.com/user/gostunv ///// https://twitter.com/forgenjuro
MaiBoA38
Profile Joined June 2008
United States108 Posts
February 02 2011 04:28 GMT
#135
Other than fantasy being a little higher than he should be, this is a very solid power rank. Its been a while since I've liked pretty much everyone in the top 10.
Sometimes its not intentional, sometimes you just botch it.
ZavikZyke
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States382 Posts
February 02 2011 04:30 GMT
#136
Like I said before.. the PR this month is decent since 1-5 is a chaos...

but the ONE thing that bugs me...
why is Fantasy #2? I believe he escaped the Kong Line while Stork should rightfully be #2
Hoejja is Bonjwa
Monkeyshark
Profile Joined April 2010
United States406 Posts
February 02 2011 04:42 GMT
#137
On February 02 2011 12:03 Holgerius wrote:
JD hasn't even been close to being as bad as Fantasy in WL. He's 7-2 in it and is sitting comfortably above 2300 ELO.


I never said he is bad right now. I said "what if?" It's just taking things into consideration before claiming like he's certainly number 1.

Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
February 02 2011 06:05 GMT
#138
For once I almost entirely agree with the entire powerranking. Not a whole lot to say except for the fantasy slot is well deserved.
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
February 02 2011 06:06 GMT
#139
On February 01 2011 17:28 corumjhaelen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2011 17:17 flamewheel wrote:
On February 01 2011 17:10 corumjhaelen wrote:
I would have placed Jaedong higher, and Fantasy lower, cause seriously, the only thing he has done well was his serie against Stork (great play against a psychologically weakened Stork unable to adapt).
His play against Clam should score negative points, I still can't forgive him for that.
I'd have gone with Jaedong/Flash Stork Bisu Fanta I guess.
Can't really blame you though^^

Ahh I wish Ver were here. I actually forgot to quote Ver, but Ver really wanted me to put Fantasy at rank 1 before the SKT-KHAN match.

(5:47:04 AM) Ver uh
(5:47:07 AM) Ver fantasy #1 obviously

Just throwin' the name out there^^

Ok, ok, I completely agree with Fanta placement then :p

Anyway now I have his actual quote.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Lightwip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5497 Posts
February 02 2011 08:04 GMT
#140
Meh, Bisu really needs to step it up and win both leagues and send Flash into his (starcraft) grave this coming month.
If you are not Bisu, chances are I hate you.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 30 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 245
ProTech126
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 192
Terrorterran 20
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm211
League of Legends
Doublelift5964
JimRising 779
Counter-Strike
taco 293
minikerr44
Other Games
summit1g12169
C9.Mang0392
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1219
BasetradeTV178
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP173
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo161
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 10m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
8h 10m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 10m
Replay Cast
20h 10m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 8h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.