• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:04
CEST 22:04
KST 05:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7281 users

Broodsport; Interviews with Artosis and ash

Forum Index > News
54 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-23 02:57:46
February 20 2009 04:27 GMT
#1
[image loading]

Artosis

What was your initial reaction upon hearing about this series?
Excitement. I can't wait to see the reaction to IdrA's new level, since he's been out of the spotlight for quite a while now.

What sort of things should viewers expect to see from this series?
I think IdrA will play mostly marine medic, with a few really smart variations thrown in. With mechanics like his, no reason to go mech.

There's been quite a bit of talk about the maps being slightly Terran bias; what's your take on the map pool?
I think the map pool is fine. People who look at map statistics, or their own experience on the maps, and then try to talk about map balance, have absolutely no understanding of the subject.

Being in Korea you have a better idea about Idra's current condition than most people; what would you estimate Idra's current level at?
IdrA's TvZ is levels above his other matchups. His TvZ really is at a progamer level, and I cannot see him ever losing a BO7 to any foreigner zerg ever again. Sadly, although his other matchups have improved a lot, he still has some weaknesses that the top foreigners know how to exploit quite well.

F91 has a very distinctive style, how do you think Idra will fare against it?
F91, because of his style, will have a much better shot at doing well vs IdrA than any other foreigner zerg. IdrA's basics are much better than F91's, and this should carry him through. Despite that, IdrA gets extremely frustrated by cheesey play, and that should work in F91's favor.

F91 has proven to be quite the competitor after knocking JF off as Liquibition King; how long do you think he will last?
F91 will lose to IdrA (barring an absolutely epic IdrA meltdown), but I know that won't knock F91 off the hill. I guess it could be hard to get rid of F91 if he's a bit laggy, because foreigners have a much harder time playing in lag than the Chinese. F91 could stay for quite a while.

Predict the score
If IdrA's brain doesn't melt in anger to F91's play style, and IdrA uses his safest builds, 6-1 for IdrA.


Ash

What was your initial reaction upon hearing about this series?
I was really surprised and excited at the same time, I mean what more can you ask for ? You have a foreigner in Korea who is known for his TvZ while another foreigner who has the best ZvT outside Korea. I knew it was going to be a worthy opponent but having IdrA to play is just unexpected for me.

What sort of things should viewers expect to see from this series?
For me I'm sure the series will be really entertaining only because it's ZvT. You can hardly see a boring ZvT series except for the Boxer 3-0 bunker rushes series of course. On the other hand, I don't really think I can predict if we will see mech since it's IdrA we're talking about. He has got tons of progamers to practice against and he knows whats best for a particular map. The last time I've seen his ZvT is probably in TSL where he lost to DinOt.

There's been quite a bit of talk about the maps being slightly Terran bias; what's your take on the map pool?
I honestly think the maps aren't too bad for F91 since he has also been playing on similar maps lately except for Raid Assault the one which he probably has not played a single game in it. Haha. He has mentioned that he will practice on it though so Im sure that we can expect some interesting builds.

Being in F91's manager you have a better idea about F91's current condition than most people; what would you estimate F91's current level at?
I've watched almost all of his replays recently in which I would say that IdrA has obviously underestimated his mutalisk micro in IdrA's latest statement about this series. It's probably worse than S class players muta micro but I'm sure that he has about the same if not better mutalisk skills than those B teamers in Korea. I would rate his condition at the moment as A in iCCup?

Idra has a very solid play style and rock solid mechanics to boot; how do you think F91's style will play out against Idra's style?
When we talk about styles it's obvious that F91's style is good against IdrA as I think IdrA is more predictable so I guess he has an advantage over here.

F91 has proven to be quite the competitor after knocking JF off as Liquibition King; how long do you think he will last?
I'm sure to say that he is probably the best Non Korean at the moment in general skills because he doesn't really have a weak matchup anymore. His weakest ZvP has improved dramatically as what it used to be back about 1-2 years ago so I think as long as he doesn't meet another top chinese player like PJ/LX he will last for a long time.

Predict the score
I predict the score to be 4-3 but IdrA is no pushover so the results can go either way. One thing I can only be sure about is that we will be expecting epic games from these players.

On extra note I would like to inform you guys that F91 has been warded [hospitalized] due to him catching serious cold in China so he will have less time to prepare for this series but I'm sure he knows how to overcome this and will be able to do his best. I would like to thank his supporters on behalf of him and I want you to know that he is more aware than any of you may think he is about his fans. I know he really appreciates them but due to language barrier he can't really express his appreciations. I've always translated some of the posts from fans to him and he was happy to read them. Let's hope he gets well soon.
- Ash



Get hyped for this event! Because it's going down in under 48 hours!

You can check out some statements by F91 and Idra over here at http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/portals.php?show=news&news_id=456096
Facebook Twitter Reddit
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
Ingenol
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1328 Posts
February 20 2009 04:32 GMT
#2
So excited! This is going to be great!
CTStalker
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Canada9720 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-20 04:35:42
February 20 2009 04:34 GMT
#3
woops, should read the whole thing. nice interviews though, i'm looking forward to this event
By the way, my name is Funk. I am not of your world
Scooter
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States747 Posts
February 20 2009 04:35 GMT
#4
We need more photoshop mashups.

Great interviews, I'm unfamiliar with foreigner styles so the commentary from artosis and ash puts things in great context.

Lookin forward to great games!
My unblocks gets yo curleh mustache wet のωの
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8179 Posts
February 20 2009 04:40 GMT
#5
great intreviews, cant wait!
Free Palestine
deathgod6
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States5064 Posts
February 20 2009 04:43 GMT
#6
That picture kind of looks like Boro.
4.0 GPA = A rank 5.0 GPA = Olympic --------- Bisu, Best, Fantasy. i ♥ oov. They can get in my BoxeR anyday.
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
February 20 2009 04:51 GMT
#7
/me cheers for F91.

Thanks for the interviews!
TranslatorBaa!
Manbear
Profile Joined August 2008
Canada306 Posts
February 20 2009 05:00 GMT
#8
man broodsport is so kickass
fast ball player
Profile Joined December 2008
206 Posts
February 20 2009 05:11 GMT
#9
F91 will crush Idra
Live free or die
boesthius
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States11637 Posts
February 20 2009 05:20 GMT
#10
--- Nuked ---
Avidkeystamper
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States8556 Posts
February 20 2009 05:22 GMT
#11
Guys, bRoodsport.
Jaedong
OneOther
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States10774 Posts
February 20 2009 05:25 GMT
#12
I AM EXCITED
EGLzGaMeR
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States1867 Posts
February 20 2009 05:26 GMT
#13
this will be amazing :D GL greg ~PRACTICE HARD PLAY TO WIN~
Dr.Dragoon
Profile Joined November 2007
United States1241 Posts
February 20 2009 05:35 GMT
#14
Damn, Artosis knows how to hype shit up
~o~ I have returned
Bosu
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States3247 Posts
February 20 2009 05:51 GMT
#15
I didn't know colds ever became serious enough to require hospitalization O.o
#1 Kwanro Fan
thunk
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States6233 Posts
February 20 2009 06:16 GMT
#16
Idra better come prepped for super aggressive play.
Every time Jung Myung Hoon builds a vulture, two probes die. || My post count was a palindrome and I was never posting again.
FragKrag
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States11567 Posts
February 20 2009 06:24 GMT
#17
Come on IdrA, lets see some AMERICA

U S A

U S A

U S A
*TL CJ Entusman #40* "like scissors does anything to paper except MAKE IT MORE NUMEROUS" -paper
Raithed
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
China7078 Posts
February 20 2009 06:24 GMT
#18
go f91. show him the frigging clinic.
BalliSLife
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
1339 Posts
February 20 2009 06:29 GMT
#19
only vods or will there be reps?
Ya well, at least I don't fuck a fleshlight with a condom on and cry at the same time.
Insane
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States4991 Posts
February 20 2009 06:48 GMT
#20
Why is this called interviews with artosis and f91? Isn't it interviews with artosis and ash? Or did I misunderstand something
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
UpATreeSC 164
ProTech160
JuggernautJason60
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 205
Dewaltoss 107
Hyuk 79
firebathero 66
Bale 15
Dota 2
Gorgc9615
qojqva1255
Counter-Strike
fl0m1556
Fnx 754
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King73
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3698
Khaldor1114
crisheroes1063
Liquid`Hasu588
Other Games
summit1g6340
FrodaN2544
shahzam320
XBOCT258
ArmadaUGS160
C9.Mang0154
CosmosSc2 27
ZombieGrub20
Trikslyr1
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV221
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream55
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH351
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie909
• Shiphtur250
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 56m
CranKy Ducklings
13h 56m
Online Event
14h 56m
FEL
19h 56m
AI Arena Tournament
20h 56m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
22h 56m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 13h
INu's Battles
1d 15h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.