• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:21
CEST 23:21
KST 06:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8758 users

[SPL] Week 1: Extra Extra! - Page 5

Forum Index > News
136 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
DiHeSt
Profile Joined November 2011
Czech Republic7 Posts
December 05 2011 16:52 GMT
#81
gj
ffreakk
Profile Joined September 2010
Singapore2155 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-05 16:58:42
December 05 2011 16:58 GMT
#82
On December 05 2011 18:51 Suvorov wrote:
I really liked hearing criticism on the whole boy-band promotional attempts by 'the powers that be'. I always found it ridiculous to see the players paraded like pathetic boytoys. What the hell man, instead of talking about A or B player's amazing skill or personality, we're now discussing his hairstyle, clothes, good or bad looks? WTF

I agree with one of the writers above and will complement by saying it is truly a sign of decay. I suppose this is strongly related to the power of the 'pop' culture in Korea but c'me on, ask yourselves:

When you think of Flash, the almighty, what's the first thing that comes to mind?

A) whether he's good looking or bad
B) whether he wears clothes according to fashion styles or not
C) who he dates or doesn't date
D) his makeup or lack of
E) his mother-fucking-amazing skills

I think the choice is pretty obvious. Sure, it's nice to get to meet the person behind the name but, A,B,C,D are superfluous topics hardly pertaining to the actual nature and character of the player

I also really liked how the topic of the production value was brought up. No significative improvements on production value yet a steep rise on production costs. Definitely a big no no.

Thanks for the great article and insight!


Sigh, one of the reason SC:BW seems so much more legit as a "Sport" compared to SC2 is the hordes of fangirls that we have. Where SC2 games are mostly spectated and cheered on by a bunch of dudes, we have grandmas, Rock Stars, Race Queens, hot chicks, little baby girls, etc cheering in SC:BW games. I don't see why you have a problem with SC:BW stars being treated like some sort of celebrities rather than simple gaming-dudes.

Plus your example is so skewed.. Flash has never been known for his looks (i don't think im mistaken when i say that Flash looks average at best).. Many other progamers though, have been known to be handsome: BoXeR, Nada, Saviour, Bisu, Jaedong, YellOw, Reach, Hwasin, etc... If you picked Bisu (<3) instead i might be a little undecided (if only for a moment).

In any case, good-looking stars + fangirls = natural result.. SC2 might have BoXeR and Nada now, but it lacks the other variable.. Plus theres another factor which i would like to list out as well, but will refrain in order to avoid another flamewar (or shitfest :3)

Edit: Almost forgot, awesome write-up, guys :3 quality just keep on improving recently <3
Look. Only Forward. See. Only Victory.
fortheGG
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom1002 Posts
December 05 2011 17:08 GMT
#83
Great work, was quite sad to see T8 lose to SKT :/
soujiro_
Profile Joined June 2010
Uruguay5195 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-05 17:23:04
December 05 2011 17:11 GMT
#84
loved the format, mustaju if you dont win liquibet ill be dissapointed
ace hwaiting!!
MoonBear
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Straight outta Johto18973 Posts
December 05 2011 17:14 GMT
#85
SPL Writeups are always great. Many thanks to the writing and graphics teams!
ModeratorA dream. Do you have one that has cursed you like that? Or maybe... a wish?
Mondeezy
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1938 Posts
December 05 2011 17:58 GMT
#86
Wow, awesome write up and formatting of the article! Good job, look forward to more
LoL NA: Mondeezy - TL - Riven <3
hoolaboris
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)55 Posts
December 05 2011 18:19 GMT
#87
Where can I find a schedule of proleague matches? I'm in seoul and I wanna go watch it. It's in the OGN studios now, right?
Son of Gnome
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States777 Posts
December 05 2011 18:29 GMT
#88
good write up!
Whatever happens, happens
CosmicHippo
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States547 Posts
December 05 2011 18:33 GMT
#89
Great article, really brighting my passion for broodwar.
Yeah i've got your zerg riiiight here! *gulps beer*
catleaves
Profile Joined December 2010
United States506 Posts
December 05 2011 18:37 GMT
#90
woohoo! awesome article! :D thank you! :D
^^
Mr.Brightside
Profile Joined October 2009
Australia317 Posts
December 05 2011 18:53 GMT
#91
Great writeup and very interesting opinions about how they feel since the disbanding of a few teams. I think it's true that we cheer for the players more than anything else, luckily my favourite players have hung around or have returned (yay effort!), but I do feel sorry for people's who's favourites have left (poor Anytime, you crazy bastard). I missed almost all of the matches this week so it was a really useful read. Great to hear CJ is kicking ass!
"Makin' Pylons, Makin' Probes, Fightin' Round The World" - Russell Crowe
babysuperga
Profile Joined November 2011
Vietnam49 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-05 19:02:51
December 05 2011 19:02 GMT
#92
Last week's prediction was incredible, but I don't think it will be this time.
Because I don't think CJ Entus is unbeatable like that :d
bgx
Profile Joined August 2010
Poland6595 Posts
December 05 2011 19:18 GMT
#93
On December 06 2011 01:30 gen.Sun wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2011 18:51 Suvorov wrote:
I really liked hearing criticism on the whole boy-band promotional attempts by 'the powers that be'. I always found it ridiculous to see the players paraded like pathetic boytoys. What the hell man, instead of talking about A or B player's amazing skill or personality, we're now discussing his hairstyle, clothes, good or bad looks? WTF

I agree with one of the writers above and will complement by saying it is truly a sign of decay. I suppose this is strongly related to the power of the 'pop' culture in Korea but c'me on, ask yourselves:

When you think of Flash, the almighty, what's the first thing that comes to mind?

A) whether he's good looking or bad
B) whether he wears clothes according to fashion styles or not
C) who he dates or doesn't date
D) his makeup or lack of
E) his mother-fucking-amazing skills

I think the choice is pretty obvious. Sure, it's nice to get to meet the person behind the name but, A,B,C,D are superfluous topics hardly pertaining to the actual nature and character of the player

I also really liked how the topic of the production value was brought up. No significative improvements on production value yet a steep rise on production costs. Definitely a big no no.

Thanks for the great article and insight!


It's because you're not the target market. Girls are the target market.

i blame k-pop for that
Stork[gm]
Slardar
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada7596 Posts
December 05 2011 19:28 GMT
#94
On December 05 2011 18:46 flamewheel wrote:
my dick is so hard right now


lol my... blood flow exactly.
enslaved[t]
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway46 Posts
December 05 2011 19:38 GMT
#95
Hey, I'd like to say that I first got into this community via Starcraft 2, and I thought BW was not so entertaining mostly due to the graphics really. But every time I read these sick write ups I wish I got into the BW community aswell, I know all the teams and most of their players, but what I'm wondering if there is a place where I can watch the BW vods with English casters?
Thanks in advance : )
Forum Lurker
HawaiianPig
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada5155 Posts
December 05 2011 20:11 GMT
#96
On December 06 2011 04:38 enslaved[t] wrote:
Hey, I'd like to say that I first got into this community via Starcraft 2, and I thought BW was not so entertaining mostly due to the graphics really. But every time I read these sick write ups I wish I got into the BW community aswell, I know all the teams and most of their players, but what I'm wondering if there is a place where I can watch the BW vods with English casters?
Thanks in advance : )


The wonderful Sayle is doing English casts on a regular basis: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=286288

We plan to make that more well known in coming updates.
AdministratorNot actually Hawaiian.
a176
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada6688 Posts
December 05 2011 20:25 GMT
#97
Games of the Week

3. Horang2 v Piano

2. Jaedong v Mind

1. Effort v Iris
starleague forever
Render
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States249 Posts
December 05 2011 20:57 GMT
#98
Great write up, thank you so much for the time and effort you put in.
Rose my color is and white, pretty mouth and green my eyes.
KRaver
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada1264 Posts
December 05 2011 21:01 GMT
#99
Awesome write up !
Duo Maxwell: If you're joking that's just cruel, but if you're being sarcastic, that's even worse.
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
December 05 2011 21:48 GMT
#100
Nice, a finals rematch!

SKT!
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O161
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 559
ZZZero.O 161
Hyun 57
soO 53
Dota 2
qojqva2200
monkeys_forever89
League of Legends
Doublelift2440
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4206
Liquid`Hasu639
Other Games
summit1g7700
FrodaN1526
KnowMe352
Pyrionflax223
Livibee183
420jenkins168
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick677
StarCraft 2
angryscii 33
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 74
• Adnapsc2 29
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix10
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1055
• Shiphtur608
• Scarra426
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 39m
Patches Events
17h 39m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 39m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 39m
OSC
1d 1h
OSC
1d 14h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.