• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:18
CEST 15:18
KST 22:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8839 users

Everybody smurfs for TTT mafia

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-09-11 06:33:05
September 11 2023 03:49 GMT
#1
Hi!

I will craft this better when I have some more time. On mobile rn.

I noticed a post by TTT in an earlier game that was about people curating their metagame. The wish was for anonymity to prevent this issue.

Well, most of us have smurfs, and I can loan someone either of Wile e. Coyote or Rygart; let's have an all smurfs game!

Any and all cohosts welcome, for I generally suck at hosting games (though I CAN do it)

Allow me to take the next couple posts, and I will come back and edit this to something more .....

Professional.

Until then,
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
September 11 2023 03:49 GMT
#2
Some setup stuff and fluff
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-09-11 03:50:26
September 11 2023 03:49 GMT
#3
And a player list
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
September 11 2023 03:49 GMT
#4
And we will be ready to go!

In a few days.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
September 12 2023 01:35 GMT
#5
id be down for this I think its a good idea.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Chezinu
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States7468 Posts
September 12 2023 23:29 GMT
#6
This should be fun.
lol, clueless in The Prism!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
September 13 2023 20:26 GMT
#7
On September 12 2023 10:35 DarthPunk wrote:
id be down for this I think its a good idea.

:D me too! Thought so at the time as well. Will need to fix it though! My schedule has been crazy
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
September 13 2023 23:26 GMT
#8
Smurf mafia by Palmar was great. Would love another go.
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
September 14 2023 00:29 GMT
#9
the thing is everyone would need a new smurf, cause people can find who owns which smurf account.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
September 16 2023 05:13 GMT
#10
On September 14 2023 09:29 DarthPunk wrote:
the thing is everyone would need a new smurf, cause people can find who owns which smurf account.

This is true, except for the people who borrow mine.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
September 16 2023 05:14 GMT
#11
I could also create them.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
September 16 2023 12:49 GMT
#12
I'll pass on this one, i don't really see the point in smurf game.
table for two on a tv tray
Chezinu
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States7468 Posts
September 17 2023 13:32 GMT
#13
On September 16 2023 21:49 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I'll pass on this one, i don't really see the point in smurf game.

This is your opportunity to use ChatGPT to pretend to be someone like Chezinu!! Meanwhile, Chezinu could use ChatGPT to pretend to be another player!
lol, clueless in The Prism!
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
September 19 2023 10:33 GMT
#14
Speaking from experience, an inordinate amount of the game is spent arguing about who is who and the spirit of anonymity is ultimately lost. There will be people who even search past games of the smurfs to try and identify players. It's fun on paper but it turns into something it's not supposed to be pretty quickly.

IDK maybe that's a fun part of the game for some people, but it seems the idea of this particular game is for everyone to play with theoretically zero meta involved.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
September 19 2023 10:36 GMT
#15
On September 16 2023 21:49 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I'll pass on this one, i don't really see the point in smurf game.

I like it. It feels like playing at GenCon where it's a whole new set of people every game - you may have an idea of who a given player is but it's pointless to speculate so it's basically like having a preconceived notion about a given rando irl.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
September 30 2023 15:03 GMT
#16
I promise to update this before Caller returns, but I am not sure how soon before
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
TankTopTiger
Profile Joined May 2023
509 Posts
November 17 2023 04:50 GMT
#17
I like this idea, but I think the issue is that people rely so heavily on local meta that, as VE says, people will flounder around like a cripple looking for their crutch. IMO it'd work best if we played offsite with a mix of anonymous people from here and elsewhere giving enough noise that people are disincentivised from seeking meta. But even then... I think people will still do it. Also, I think people have played their meta so long here I'm genuinely not sure if they know how to play without it, or if they're even interested in doing so.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
November 20 2023 23:28 GMT
#18
Taking a whole group to raid another site ? The TL group ? US???

I think that‘s a great idea.

They‘d probably have to close shop afterwards and be liable for PTSD treatment to newcomers but at least I‘d get moderated in the thread by the likes of DP or you if I started going off the rails too much (not that likely while I‘m not subjected to meme carpet bombing and directed energy attacks tbh).

I‘d definitely and enthusiastically be up for it. I‘m totally addicted to this game and I think that if I played more it would be a further cultural enrichment to the DSM, the ICD-11 and DMBs English capabilities.
die_meatbaby
Profile Joined May 2023
Colombia1344 Posts
November 20 2023 23:33 GMT
#19
On November 21 2023 08:28 Vivax wrote:
Taking a whole group to raid another site ? The TL group ? US???

I think that‘s a great idea.

They‘d probably have to close shop afterwards and be liable for PTSD treatment to newcomers but at least I‘d get moderated in the thread by the likes of DP or you if I started going off the rails too much (not that likely while I‘m not subjected to meme carpet bombing and directed energy attacks tbh).

I‘d definitely and enthusiastically be up for it. I‘m totally addicted to this game and I think that if I played more it would be a further cultural enrichment to the DSM, the ICD-11 and DMBs English capabilities.


my english good 👍
Everything has an end only the sausage has two
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 42m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 631
Railgan 60
MindelVK 31
Codebar 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 68754
Calm 11100
Bisu 2391
FanTaSy 1167
Stork 743
soO 437
Rush 397
firebathero 211
Snow 176
Last 152
[ Show more ]
Sharp 109
Mind 96
Light 95
hero 80
Pusan 71
Sea.KH 55
Free 48
ToSsGirL 44
Trap 41
Sexy 35
Mong 32
Hm[arnc] 32
Bale 29
Aegong 20
yabsab 16
HiyA 15
zelot 14
Noble 11
Sacsri 10
Rock 9
Shine 9
IntoTheRainbow 7
Terrorterran 7
scan(afreeca) 6
Icarus 4
Dota 2
Gorgc6811
Dendi1135
Counter-Strike
fl0m3195
byalli816
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King75
Other Games
gofns39535
singsing2474
B2W.Neo575
Liquid`RaSZi555
Pyrionflax243
Beastyqt239
Happy182
Hui .122
Mlord57
Trikslyr48
Chillindude17
Khaldor15
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV213
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 92
• Response 10
• Dystopia_ 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV515
League of Legends
• Jankos3031
• Nemesis3009
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1419
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 42m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 42m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 42m
OSC
9h 42m
Replay Cast
9h 42m
OSC
22h 42m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.