• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:32
CEST 08:32
KST 15:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8873 users

[M][N] A Simple Game of Mafia

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
December 06 2017 17:35 GMT
#6
/in
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
December 10 2017 17:39 GMT
#49
On December 11 2017 00:51 darthfoley wrote:
someone /in and stop being a weenie!

And there we've found our weenie.

Nice!
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
December 11 2017 23:07 GMT
#79
I'm sensing some electrical discharge of the variety typically found in a thunder storm. If only I could put a name to it.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
December 11 2017 23:19 GMT
#92
Let's kill old man Palmar.

Wow. I agree with Grack that's a great idea.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
December 11 2017 23:23 GMT
#94
On December 12 2017 08:21 prplhz wrote:
Lets get started

##Vote Palmar

I gotcha
On December 12 2017 08:21 Grackaroni wrote:
##Vote: Palmar

Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
December 12 2017 15:58 GMT
#167
On December 12 2017 23:33 VisceraEyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2017 23:01 Palmar wrote:
On December 12 2017 19:38 Forumite wrote:
On December 12 2017 18:53 Palmar wrote:
On December 12 2017 08:24 Forumite wrote:
On December 12 2017 08:21 prplhz wrote:
Lets get started

##Vote Palmar

Not my first pick, but this works.

##Vote Palmar

scummy

I know. I was just about to suggest HF when prplhz picked you and didn't want to divide attention. HF for later, you first.

On December 12 2017 18:57 Palmar wrote:
I have no real opinions yet, can someone make up a shitfight or something?

Do you have any thoughts on the setup and current blue/black-tells?

I never blue/blackhunt and the setup is closed?

stupid question.

Palmar read OP = mafia no?

Fuck man this opening has been so clean, the wagon so pure. I have no scumreads. Maybe Grack for starting such a pure and beautiful wagon?

Nooooo. I was just upset about Palmar's callous hijacking of your unicorn. I swears it.

Also I have pork chops. Lots of pork chops.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
December 12 2017 16:03 GMT
#172
I agree with Arya town. That's my only read atm.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
December 12 2017 16:26 GMT
#193
I don't know how to read VE.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
December 12 2017 16:27 GMT
#197
On December 13 2017 01:27 Conversion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2017 01:26 Grackaroni wrote:
I don't know how to read VE.


the first word that I thought of when you made this post was mayonnaise. not sure why

Maybe you're hungry.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
December 12 2017 16:54 GMT
#211
VE why did you town read Kmatt earlier?
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
December 12 2017 21:20 GMT
#261
On December 13 2017 06:13 Conversion wrote:
also in this player list I am not only one of the worst players, but the most lynchbaity players since my play is pretty much known to be either bad or ragey or both, yet you want to give others time and state I’m your best shot?

talk about going for low hanging fruit. pretty disappointed that’s the avenue you’re taking

Tbh I think your lynch in that last game was a fluke. I still don't know why you got lynched day 1 and neither did Holyflare.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
December 12 2017 21:24 GMT
#262
Koshi is probably town from tone but I think his Palmar read is pretty shitty. Koshi says that Forumite will be the biggest lynch bait for mafia and still town reads Palmar whose main agenda has been pushing Forumite.

Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
December 12 2017 21:39 GMT
#269
This is going to sound pretty stupid but I could see teammates wanting to jump on scum Palmar as a distancing maneuver at the start of the day when there's little chance that votes would stay on him for the rest of the day.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
December 12 2017 21:55 GMT
#277
Does fast = town Koshi?
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
December 12 2017 21:56 GMT
#279
I usually associate fast with town Koshi.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
December 12 2017 22:21 GMT
#287
On December 13 2017 07:05 Forumite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2017 06:39 Grackaroni wrote:
This is going to sound pretty stupid but I could see teammates wanting to jump on scum Palmar as a distancing maneuver at the start of the day when there's little chance that votes would stay on him for the rest of the day.

Yes, that´s possible, but it doesn´t really give town-points unless Palmar is lynched and they lead the lynch. Why do you say it´s stupid? This is one of your first real posts in this game, and also full of WIFOM and a soft-defend on someone you are voting for.

Show nested quote +
On December 12 2017 08:07 Grackaroni wrote:
I'm sensing some electrical discharge of the variety typically found in a thunder storm. If only I could put a name to it.
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2017 00:58 Grackaroni wrote:
On December 12 2017 23:33 VisceraEyes wrote:
On December 12 2017 23:01 Palmar wrote:
On December 12 2017 19:38 Forumite wrote:
On December 12 2017 18:53 Palmar wrote:
On December 12 2017 08:24 Forumite wrote:
On December 12 2017 08:21 prplhz wrote:
Lets get started

##Vote Palmar

Not my first pick, but this works.

##Vote Palmar

scummy

I know. I was just about to suggest HF when prplhz picked you and didn't want to divide attention. HF for later, you first.

On December 12 2017 18:57 Palmar wrote:
I have no real opinions yet, can someone make up a shitfight or something?

Do you have any thoughts on the setup and current blue/black-tells?

I never blue/blackhunt and the setup is closed?

stupid question.

Palmar read OP = mafia no?

Fuck man this opening has been so clean, the wagon so pure. I have no scumreads. Maybe Grack for starting such a pure and beautiful wagon?

Nooooo. I was just upset about Palmar's callous hijacking of your unicorn. I swears it.

Also I have pork chops. Lots of pork chops.
Would you please explain these two?

I think if somebody is on a team with Palmar the instinct would be there to join the wagon just as a knee-jerk response, but as you say it appears like something that would be 50/50 and wifom. If it were me and I saw a teammate get random wagoned I think I would be a lot more likely to jump on the opportunity of voting that person as a way of creating distance without much risk. It's just not something that I expect many people to see the same way as I do.

Neither of those bottom posts are that important so don't read too much into them. The pork chops is a VE related thing and the other post was alluding to a player.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
December 13 2017 16:36 GMT
#624
Oh my goodness it's a Holyflare.

Unfortunately I won't be around for deadline for any shenannies. Catching up now.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
December 13 2017 17:04 GMT
#645
Ok I did a quick reread of Conversion's scum play in the last newbie. I think the difference between his play in that game and in this game is really night and day. Do a quick read for yourself.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/527379-newbie-student-mafia-xxvii?user=Conversion

In that game his reads are a lot more indecisive. He gives a list of wishy washy reads and whenever he gives a read on somebody that isn't a town read he adds a qualifier for why his read may be wrong.

In this game he calls out things that he doesn't like about DF, Forumite's and Arya's play right off the bat without reservation.

On December 12 2017 08:14 Conversion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2017 08:11 Arya321 wrote:
BTW Setup talk is a dumb thnig to speculate now since we should just focus on pure scum hunting.


this isn't a great post. of course we should scum hunt, but that doesn't mean setup talk isn't scum hunting

also there's like 1 page of content, so we can't really do much else until people bleed in

On December 12 2017 12:21 Conversion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2017 12:16 Arya321 wrote:
On December 12 2017 12:04 Conversion wrote:
On December 12 2017 12:00 darthfoley wrote:
On December 12 2017 11:35 Conversion wrote:
you won last game


I did. It was not as glorious as advertised


ya but why would you tell people palmar led "us" to utter defeat last game, when you won?

i think he means he led town to utter defeat? Just not worded right I think.


from someone who would point out my usage of a nonexistent word (irregardless), I'm going to not give him the benefit of the doubt on wording something poorly. DF knew what he was typing-- a rather poor attempt to joke around and look townie by saying Palmar led "us" to defeat. I also asked DF, not you for your interpretation

why aren't you pressing anyone even with some new entrances/some content to buzz around for someone who seems so eager about scumhunting?

On December 12 2017 23:53 Conversion wrote:
the way I see Oats is he makes a lot of weird aggressive posts early. it's what he does after that matters more (when I was mafia w/ him he opened the same way, but then starting being more passive)

what's your opinion on Forumite? I don't like the soft questioning he(she?) is doing without giving away reads unless asked



I think the chances of Conversion being scum are really quite low.

Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
December 13 2017 17:29 GMT
#654
On December 14 2017 02:19 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2017 02:04 Grackaroni wrote:
Ok I did a quick reread of Conversion's scum play in the last newbie. I think the difference between his play in that game and in this game is really night and day. Do a quick read for yourself.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/527379-newbie-student-mafia-xxvii?user=Conversion

In that game his reads are a lot more indecisive. He gives a list of wishy washy reads and whenever he gives a read on somebody that isn't a town read he adds a qualifier for why his read may be wrong.

In this game he calls out things that he doesn't like about DF, Forumite's and Arya's play right off the bat without reservation.

On December 12 2017 08:14 Conversion wrote:
On December 12 2017 08:11 Arya321 wrote:
BTW Setup talk is a dumb thnig to speculate now since we should just focus on pure scum hunting.


this isn't a great post. of course we should scum hunt, but that doesn't mean setup talk isn't scum hunting

also there's like 1 page of content, so we can't really do much else until people bleed in

On December 12 2017 12:21 Conversion wrote:
On December 12 2017 12:16 Arya321 wrote:
On December 12 2017 12:04 Conversion wrote:
On December 12 2017 12:00 darthfoley wrote:
On December 12 2017 11:35 Conversion wrote:
you won last game


I did. It was not as glorious as advertised


ya but why would you tell people palmar led "us" to utter defeat last game, when you won?

i think he means he led town to utter defeat? Just not worded right I think.


from someone who would point out my usage of a nonexistent word (irregardless), I'm going to not give him the benefit of the doubt on wording something poorly. DF knew what he was typing-- a rather poor attempt to joke around and look townie by saying Palmar led "us" to defeat. I also asked DF, not you for your interpretation

why aren't you pressing anyone even with some new entrances/some content to buzz around for someone who seems so eager about scumhunting?

On December 12 2017 23:53 Conversion wrote:
the way I see Oats is he makes a lot of weird aggressive posts early. it's what he does after that matters more (when I was mafia w/ him he opened the same way, but then starting being more passive)

what's your opinion on Forumite? I don't like the soft questioning he(she?) is doing without giving away reads unless asked



I think the chances of Conversion being scum are really quite low.


Hmm. Does that mean I am bad?

It probably makes one of HF/DF mafia more likely.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
December 13 2017 17:30 GMT
#656
Oats' filter is pretty terrible. There's very little scumhunting direction and just a lot of sniping at other people's reads and calling other people bad.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 28m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 446
Hyuk 266
Leta 220
Hyun 98
Hm[arnc] 33
ZergMaN 13
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm223
League of Legends
JimRising 734
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King91
Other Games
summit1g9356
WinterStarcraft515
Nina89
ArmadaUGS50
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick773
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream173
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2309
League of Legends
• Rush1492
• Lourlo1132
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 28m
INu's Battles
5h 28m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
8h 28m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 28m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 28m
Replay Cast
16h 28m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 4h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.