• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:25
CEST 19:25
KST 02:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War255.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8619 users

Assassin In The Palace

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
November 05 2010 08:33 GMT
#8
/in

this will be interesting
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
November 06 2010 04:15 GMT
#72
You guys sure do like to do whatever the fuck you want and disregard what everyone says about anything. Did you not read fishball's post? Are you daft? Fine do the opposite, you guys are going to give the killer one hell of a shot if you just assume things and start ignoring people when we are only 4 pages in.


On November 06 2010 03:41 Fishball wrote:seRapH pretty much just listed the sure win scenario. (I never read the rules until I saw HeavOnEarth's post up top)

The key point here, is all Bodyguards knows who their king is. This can be abused so hard.

Aside from the King, the Assassin is the only real one looking for information. The Bodyguards don't need to find out who each other are, and they don't need to talk, as in to "generate" discussion.

If no one talks, the Assassin gets nothing. All he can do is to pick a target and hit randomly.

Also, this "plan" will still work, even if bodyguards do NOT know who their King is. Basically, no one in the game needs to talk, at all. Whoever tries to fish, bam, your assassin.


In a slight response, I think your idea is strong, but it will never happen, and it already got shat to shit.
Also, remember that
Assassin - You are the Assassin. At any point in the game you can PM me the name of the person you want to kill. You can only kill once and if you do not kill the king with your one hit, you will lose the game. Your goal is to determine who the king is and kill him before you get lynched. If you get lynched, you will have a chance to put in a hit before you die. Your win condition takes precedence over the bodyguards/king win condition.

Anytime. BGs have to be careful how they respond, one chink in the chain and assasin has his job half done. Obviously BGs can confuse, but that would make us lean toward lynching this BG out of necessity.

For instance, assasin knows this meapak will not be the king. There is no PM coordination and 3 people have already voted him. Of course we will kill him now, but we do need to watch who is voting what. The BGs have to be a little bit more discreet. I respect meapak's willingness to die, but he has to know that every time a BG dies, the assasin increases his chances. We want to get him lynched early BECAUSE HE WILL ALWAYS HAVE A CHANCE TO KILL. He just sends the PM before then and he gets a kill.

Fairly certain everyone who voted already is a BG, or else a very clever or bold assasin is amoung them.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
November 06 2010 04:26 GMT
#74
On November 06 2010 13:21 orgolove wrote:
As DrH mentioned, staying silent will completely take the fun out of the game. Though that is the "optimum" strategy, the host wants interaction. So we give him interaction...

Of course, but completely straying from the general idea is just being obnoxious. You don't need to create scenes in mafia, it just happens. But I guess you guys are all the drama we need so, have fun with that split vote that already gives alot of info. I'll be keeping to myself.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
November 06 2010 23:47 GMT
#87
##Vote: CubEdIn
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
November 07 2010 07:26 GMT
#95
I feel the assassin is among Bereft, youngminii, and darth. But can't say anything for certain. Maybe if everyone does a dance and we will crown the best dancer as successor. I actually missed meapak's actual code, but I don't really care. If he was very clever he could have led it to someone different. But Dr.H makes it seem otherwise.

Darth seems like a solid vote I like your reasoning with everything else. And there is not much detail we should be going into as we only give more information, but more people need to just give their thought, because I'm not having an assasin sit back this game with his arms crossed. And there are no inactives. HOHOHO
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
November 07 2010 07:26 GMT
#96
##Vote DarthThienAn
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
November 08 2010 05:36 GMT
#121
##vote Bereft
Hopefully I don't have to go into too much detail why this is smart.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
November 08 2010 07:19 GMT
#127
On November 08 2010 15:56 Bereft wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2010 14:36 bumatlarge wrote:
##vote Bereft
Hopefully I don't have to go into too much detail why this is smart.

Really? I insist that you do if you are going to vote for me. Because by the time I flip over not assassin, your explanation will be worthless to me by then :/.

I don't expect you to know and that's all I have to say on this
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
November 08 2010 09:30 GMT
#137
Multiple kings would explain bereft's mix-up.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
November 08 2010 21:40 GMT
#148
Oh ok, then Bereft is still pretty clear. I've got more reason on him then anyone else, unless bereft want's to elaborate on what he is doing. Are you doing it purposefully? I can see the benefits, but I mean we have to be sure.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
November 09 2010 06:14 GMT
#157
On November 09 2010 14:25 Node wrote:
I dunno orgolove, I'm inclined to base any analysis on this game alone rather than on activity in past games -- the nature of this variation is quite different from traditional mafia, and nothing's stopping people from acting differently on a game-by-game basis.

That in mind, I'd like to present an analysis of youngminii's posts in this game:

Show nested quote +
On November 06 2010 10:56 youngminii wrote:
So uhh, let's get this baby rolling.

##Vote Meapak_Ziphh


His first game-related post is a contentless vote jumping on the Meapak bandwagon. I shouldn't have to explain why this is the kind of behavior we should be looking out for.

Show nested quote +
On November 06 2010 13:32 youngminii wrote:
Staying silent's not really the optimum strategy, it's just a lazy strategy. There's a 1/8 chance we'll lynch the assassin, and a 7/8 chance that we'll lynch a bodyguard. If everyone's silent, it'll just wittle down the number of people and right when the assassin's about to get lynched (by some form of rng I assume), he'll just take a random stab at the small amount of people left.

Surely interaction is a better method.


His second post pushes for being more active and promoting discussion. I could go either way on this post. He could be a bodyguard honestly wanting to reduce the chances of the assassin being successful. He could also be the assassin attempting to get discussion going so that he could more easily get the king out in the open.
This was in response to me, and I too was a little suspicious, but I think that the attempts of youngminii in getting the king in the open were not intended.

Show nested quote +
On November 07 2010 12:21 youngminii wrote:
Well that was a quick bandwagon. Is it fair to say orgolove is a semi-confirmed bodyguard/king? I mean, an assassin would be very wary of starting a lynch bandwagon because if he accidentally votes for the king, everyone would know (well, at least be suspicious) that the person that targeted the king would be the assassin, since the assassin doesn't know who the king is.

Might be a bit of wifom but orgolove's safe in my books.


Here he defends orgolove. This post doesn't really tell us one way or the other whether he's red.
Yes, an assassin doing an analysis on anyone is fairly risky, but it's also easy for the assassin to say that. This post is helpful as he explains that anyone who starts voting for the king is expected to be assassin, BUT MUST BE HANDLED DELICATELY. A very good point if it is not a BG making a gambit vote.

Show nested quote +
On November 08 2010 10:11 youngminii wrote:
On November 08 2010 09:05 DarthThienAn wrote:
bum and YM should know that this is not how I play the bad guy, especially when there's only one. YM especially -_-. I may have been gone for awhile, but I don't think your memory is THAT bad. Have I ever sat back as a mafia member?

When did I accuse you? When did I vote for you? I was going to defend you lol


He posts saying that he didn't accuse Darth (truthfully), and that he was going to defend him, which never happened.

He hasn't posted since, and never voted in the second day.

Youngminii is really shifty in my books. I think if we lynch him, worst-case scenario we get rid of a non-contributor, and best-case scenario we kill the assassin. I'm still not sold on Darth being innocent, but in the end I think there are better suspects right now.
Isn't darth dead? I think you are a little slow on the uptake with that one .
##Vote Youngminii


Otherwise I like your analysis, but I feel there are better suspects that I will get into later.

But I made a mistake with Bereft guys. There is a way you handle truly suspicious people if you are thinking a certain way. You can't let them know that you have suspicions that day, but the BG's must kill that person the next day for silent reasons. If bereft was the assassin, we might have lost the game right then and there, but everyone kept their heads and we killed him without exposing much. I think if we can hold our heads again in the next dilemma, we should have a good chance of killing the assassin and giving our king more of a chance.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
November 09 2010 06:27 GMT
#159
Oh darth is alive, my bad node, I thought he died.

I have a weird feeling about orgo. I know he did start a lynch, but a 1 in 9 shot is pretty good odds. But more so then him his coagulation. I do not feel comfortable keeping him alive, but he is being a expectedly silly bodyguard or a very bold and risky assassin. I did not notice his 'king revealing posts' but such things usually get reprimanded.

But meapak has been setting off warning bells for me. I can't take the time out now, but when I come back I expect some posts like Node's on nearly everyone, including myself.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
November 09 2010 07:15 GMT
#162
##Vote DarthThienAn
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
November 11 2010 03:02 GMT
#178
Just relax, town has this.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
November 11 2010 06:44 GMT
#185
On November 11 2010 15:05 Coagulation wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2010 14:59 youngminii wrote:
On November 11 2010 07:20 Coagulation wrote:

theres no ability to scumhunt when people who are town incriminate themselves left and right on purpose.
i honestly dont know what can be done here..

Are you an idiot?

What's the best way town's meant to be playing this game? Act as if they're king to confuse scum. What the hell are you doing, being an idiot and acting as if you've given up on this game? Why did you even sign up if you weren't going to play properly?



no the best way to scumhunt is to have the king pushing suspicions and perpetrating himself as a red to make assassin slip. our king is our most valuable asset here and has been 100% useless.


FUNK OFF CANT. Our king has already won us the game. He's got a fool proof plan that a lot of bodyguards caught on. He will initial a victorious march over the assassin's grave in due time. Slightly ironic for you of all people to call the king useless, you foggot.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
November 11 2010 22:06 GMT
#188
On November 12 2010 03:41 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 12 2010 02:20 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Replacing vowels doesn't make flaming acceptable bumatlarge.

Hey he also replaced consonants, that must count for something.

It's a secret code. That only coagulation needs to decipher.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
November 12 2010 13:28 GMT
#202
Is today 'Kill Coag' day? Or maybe that's later. In other news, what day would you guys like to kill the assassin? I personally would like to address how Dr. H's fine chin hairs first. How elegant!

Let's just hope the assassin doesn't try to lynch me. But if he wants to kill me, then he can go right ahead.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
November 13 2010 09:31 GMT
#208
On November 13 2010 05:43 Coagulation wrote:
i dont understand why you would lynch me if you know who the assassin is.
lynching me would only increase the chances he hits the king in the case he takes a random shot.


But is it random coag? Maybe we are better off lynching you first to throw him off. Very well, I suppose there is no more use hiding it. Time to choose Node.

##Vote Node
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
November 14 2010 08:53 GMT
#217
Node might not be the killer, because he did post one analysis post, but otherwise he has been completely in the background. Plus it's good to force him to use his kill til the last minute.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
November 14 2010 09:00 GMT
#218
Oh, that's everyone except node and coag voted.

I think if node doesn't pop assasin, it's pretty clear that young is it. Looking back now, node did start a lynch against young, which would be a very risky move for assassin to do. I don't believe young has started any lynches, but he has been speaking his mind when he needed too. I don't really get strong vibes from anyone else, and node's posts have been wishy-washy other then that one post. Makes me wonder... COME ON VOTE I WANT TO SEE...
Together but separate, like oatmeal
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 35m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 373
ProTech151
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25962
Calm 5168
Light 170
Rush 161
Free 114
Barracks 104
910 91
Zeus 84
Mind 83
Trap 44
[ Show more ]
Hyun 33
Aegong 29
ToSsGirL 26
soO 26
Rock 25
Sexy 14
Sacsri 7
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc9279
XaKoH 363
Counter-Strike
fl0m5647
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby1162
Other Games
singsing2015
FrodaN778
B2W.Neo582
Beastyqt567
mouzStarbuck280
crisheroes276
Livibee186
Hui .161
C9.Mang0133
RotterdaM121
KnowMe95
Trikslyr81
QueenE74
edward25
BRAT_OK 20
MindelVK7
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Dystopia_ 18
• Adnapsc2 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix9
• Michael_bg 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2499
Other Games
• Shiphtur811
• imaqtpie183
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 35m
Big Brain Bouts
16h 35m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
23h 35m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 1h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 16h
Patches Events
1d 21h
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.