first off sucks to be you. Second of all, I believe that you are trying to figure out what schools to apply to. Well look no further, as I am starting a thread for college students/alumni to either plug or hate on the school they went to/applied to/transferred out of.
Hey people who are in/have been in college,
first off sucks to be you. Second of all if you want to have more tl people in your school, plug your school or hate on a previous school in this thread.
I'll start with my school, the University of Chicago.
Reasons why you should go here:
1) Nobody uses the gym and the gym is really nice. We actually have two gyms.
2) The food here is quite good compared to other campuses. Trust me, I can compare.
3) This school is really fucking good academically. We're not Harvard good, but we're Columbia good and Duke good (according to US News and World Report... lol)
4) This school has the top Economics program in the country and probably the world. I'm not kidding here. Steven Levitt, Milton Friedman (though he dead), all part of this school.
5) We have a Starcraft club and tbh some of the people aren't very good but some of them are on my level so ^^
6) Like Asian girls? We have a ridiculous amount of attractive asian girls (other girls not so much). However, most of them are dragon ladies and super super competitive premeds. So if you're going premed, watch out!
7) We have fucking nice dorms. The dorm I'm living in is a former hotel although it will close in the next year, but there are plenty of suites/private bathroom suites, etc.
8) We're common app next year so that should apply to your sense of apath.
9) Enjoy studying? Good news! The average student spends 30 hours a week studying. We have many big libraries though including a new one opening next year.
10) We're in Chicago. It's like New York but quieter and with less entertaining panhandlers. Although drugs are really easy to get... lol.
Reasons you shouldn't go here:
The drinking/parties/frats are terrible. Although if you are a substance free that should be a plus.
Did I mention you have to study? It's "where fun goes to die"... ahehehehe.
Chicago is fucking cold in the winter. Although we are safe from hurricanes.