• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:57
CEST 18:57
KST 01:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8378 users

Ball Mouse vs Optical - Page 2

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
NpG)Explosive
Profile Joined January 2003
France994 Posts
June 22 2003 06:56 GMT
#21
I use a optical logitech mouse on a func mouse pad. Of course it's great: it slides perfectly (accuracy + speed).
But there is something I really like in ball mice, it's the weight. Ball mice are much heavier than optical mouse and it gives me more control. I definititely think that most optical mice are too light.
I'll buy a mx500 soon, I hope it'll be heavy enough.

Many progamers chose classy mice, not those with the best technologies.
pooper-scooper
Profile Joined May 2003
United States3108 Posts
Last Edited: 2003-06-22 07:57:18
June 22 2003 07:56 GMT
#22
Posted on wrong topic =(
Good...Bad... Im the guy with the gun
Nevera
Profile Joined May 2003
Finland677 Posts
Last Edited: 2003-06-22 08:26:05
June 22 2003 08:25 GMT
#23
The only problems I have with mouses is the cord and how to place it so it causes minimal interference. I fucking hate mouse cords. Cordless isn't option as long they have the delay. The ball doesn't bother my control at all, as long the mouse is clean.
Moo i say
Aukai
Profile Joined April 2003
United States1183 Posts
Last Edited: 2003-06-22 09:32:40
June 22 2003 09:30 GMT
#24
My MX700 has no lag at all, though it has a different system (Radio or something to communicate with the base). Plus, this everglide mouse pad is smoother than anything I have used before. And who ever was asking about a heavy mouse, my 700 is heavier than my dad's mx500. I still need a keyboard that respond's faster =\

Optical > Ball
There was one really amazing gal. She was one of the biggest chick i ever seen.
Nevera
Profile Joined May 2003
Finland677 Posts
Last Edited: 2003-06-22 09:36:09
June 22 2003 09:35 GMT
#25
Aukai, I want that mx700 with radio thing. Let's trade lives??? Or tell me how to get one

Edit: And when I say one I mean the system, I don't need a life.
Moo i say
TheLegend
Profile Joined February 2003
United States168 Posts
June 22 2003 11:14 GMT
#26
optical sucks ball rules
Temet Nosce
x[ReaPeR]x
Profile Joined February 2003
United States3447 Posts
June 22 2003 11:14 GMT
#27
All I know is this, for all it matters.

- BoxeR uses a wheel mouse.

- I think wheel mouses are lighter than optical mouses.

- Most Pros Supposedly use wheel mouses.

- I like my optical better than my wheel mouse

- I have no clue what mouse I use, but it was the cheapest Logitech optical mouse I could find (20 USD).
ILoveOOv ownZ everyone!!! ~ Lamer List: Mynock, naventus
NpG)Explosive
Profile Joined January 2003
France994 Posts
June 22 2003 11:32 GMT
#28
On June 22 2003 20:14 NeX[CHaP]ReaPeR wrote: - I think wheel mouses are lighter than optical mouses.


In my opinion, the ball of a ball mouse is just as heavy as most of the optical mice.
I heard that the mx700 is too heavy, you can get used to it, but it keeps being too heavy.

PS: shouldn't you say mice instead of mouses?
GoSexyPerli
Profile Joined February 2003
United States1072 Posts
June 22 2003 11:35 GMT
#29
--- Nuked ---
My whole existence is flawed.
InSideOut
Profile Joined April 2003
Canada1035 Posts
June 22 2003 11:36 GMT
#30
--- Nuked ---
Bleww
Profile Joined October 2002
United States1080 Posts
June 22 2003 12:08 GMT
#31
i use a microsoft optical mouse. it's awesome.
I am back
Nuttie
Profile Joined November 2002
Poland302 Posts
June 22 2003 12:23 GMT
#32
dual optic owns ; P
Yarertz
Profile Joined February 2003
Djibouti1891 Posts
June 22 2003 13:28 GMT
#33
i use mx500 and its rox ;p and i buy it for 56$ o.O
StarCraft : 26.IX.2001 - 8.XII.2004 (1167 days) R.I.P [`]
Kobayashi
Profile Joined February 2003
Portugal1970 Posts
Last Edited: 2003-06-22 13:33:34
June 22 2003 13:31 GMT
#34
On June 22 2003 17:25 Nevera wrote:
The only problems I have with mouses is the cord and how to place it so it causes minimal interference. I fucking hate mouse cords. Cordless isn't option as long they have the delay. The ball doesn't bother my control at all, as long the mouse is clean.


there's some odd looking thing u use to hold the cord of your mouse, I think it's called a mouse banshee or something like that, look it up
I love mankind, its people I hate
Aukai
Profile Joined April 2003
United States1183 Posts
June 24 2003 00:29 GMT
#35
Its a mouse klip, (thats the name, with a k) dad has one, I got my MX700 for my birthday, all 70-80 $ of it ^^, and of course it's heavirer than he MX700, its the same thing, but wireless.
There was one really amazing gal. She was one of the biggest chick i ever seen.
bASesinAtOR
Profile Joined November 2002
Bhutan1295 Posts
June 24 2003 01:06 GMT
#36
I have a mx300, which raises my coolness 25%. I'm currently at 750% coolness. Shooting for 50,000.
sike
msssingh
Profile Joined February 2021
1 Post
February 22 2021 14:47 GMT
#37
--- Nuked ---
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 162
UpATreeSC 35
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1357
EffOrt 1118
Mini 730
Soma 618
actioN 473
Rush 435
Larva 312
Light 302
BeSt 217
Snow 145
[ Show more ]
Dewaltoss 129
hero 114
firebathero 112
Zeus 58
sorry 56
Barracks 55
Liquid`Ret 53
Sexy 26
Shine 26
ToSsGirL 25
JYJ 24
Bale 23
soO 22
Trap 19
zelot 15
Rock 12
Sacsri 8
Terrorterran 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8188
qojqva2150
Dendi905
420jenkins183
Counter-Strike
Fnx 807
pashabiceps803
x6flipin396
ceh9392
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5569
Grubby4172
Liquid`Hasu407
Other Games
Beastyqt504
byalli442
B2W.Neo442
Khaldor194
DeMusliM178
Liquid`VortiX151
KnowMe141
ArmadaUGS114
C9.Mang090
BRAT_OK 81
TKL 71
Trikslyr55
Railgan8
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV255
BasetradeTV192
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream150
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH252
• StrangeGG 70
• mYiSmile124
• Reevou 4
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 11
• FirePhoenix10
• 80smullet 7
• Azhi_Dahaki6
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV408
League of Legends
• Nemesis3393
• TFBlade887
Other Games
• Shiphtur285
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 3m
Kung Fu Cup
18h 3m
The PondCast
1d 17h
OSC
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.