• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:41
CEST 20:41
KST 03:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8522 users

Oculus Rift - Virtual Reality Gaming

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 12 13 14 Next All
ffswowsucks
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
Greece2298 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-17 11:12:54
January 17 2013 11:12 GMT
#1
I was really concerned seeing there was no topic about this huge gaming breakthrough that is about to hit us in the upcoming months even before 2014, i hope.
All the reviews are really great and everyone is expecting this to be the next big thing in gaming.


[image loading]
*This isnt the final product.

Here are some links to get you started with:

http://www.oculusvr.com/
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/oculus-rift-hands-on-preview,3408.html
Terran in particular is a notoriously strong race for a no brain skillhand bot style.
JaYbOc
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Australia97 Posts
January 17 2013 11:20 GMT
#2
Looks pretty promising if so many tech/gaming bigwigs are saying so. I'm excited.
Dee-Kej
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Sweden191 Posts
January 17 2013 11:28 GMT
#3
I'm excited to see what the consumer version will be like. Also, with developer kits and the SDK shipping in the coming months, it's going to be fun to see what devs can make with it. :D
Going progame(make)r!!
Pandemona *
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Charlie Sheens House51493 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-17 11:30:51
January 17 2013 11:29 GMT
#4
First game Occulus ready...Doom 3. Well im in!

Look awesome, very interested to see how it goes too, also what the restrictions are going to be like on it. As i can't see Microsoft or Sony letting them use this on an Xbox/Playstation. Looks like a massive step though!

Also can't wait to see this at E3 this year, pretty sure it's going to be there?
ModeratorTeam Liquid Football Thread Guru! - Chelsea FC ♥
ffswowsucks
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
Greece2298 Posts
January 17 2013 11:32 GMT
#5
What really impressed me was the 110 FOV and that there is NO latency in head movement !!! also I think I read somewhere (not sure) that you would need a very good PC to run this without problems. Do not know yet if games should support this or not, I guess they should since they say that the first game that is compatible with it is Doom3. I would love to be able to play dayZ standalone with it though.
Terran in particular is a notoriously strong race for a no brain skillhand bot style.
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom9999 Posts
January 17 2013 11:33 GMT
#6
On January 17 2013 20:32 ffswowsucks wrote:
I would love to be able to play dayZ standalone with it though.


I think that might make me cry...
RIP Meatloaf <3
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
January 17 2013 11:38 GMT
#7
Read some reviews. Looks quite nice. I still feel integration won't be as easy as tom makes it out to be, but the fact that this is under a year away excites me.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
ooni
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Australia1498 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-17 11:41:55
January 17 2013 11:40 GMT
#8
The name just rolls off the tongue. :|
EDIT: yes, I am implying name of consoles/products affect the sales.
Hi!
Dee-Kej
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Sweden191 Posts
January 17 2013 11:41 GMT
#9
On January 17 2013 20:32 ffswowsucks wrote:
What really impressed me was the 110 FOV and that there is NO latency in head movement !!! also I think I read somewhere (not sure) that you would need a very good PC to run this without problems. Do not know yet if games should support this or not, I guess they should since they say that the first game that is compatible with it is Doom3. I would love to be able to play dayZ standalone with it though.

The devs have said multiple times that you won't need a top-of-the-line rig in order to use it as intended, but you will need something over the current average. I've seen it run on one of those Asus gaming laptops (dunno which version), for example.

Concerning games support it'll be easy or hard to "port it" depending on how the game is built. As for games intended for this... there are more than a few projects started.

One game I'd love to test this with is Amnesia. :3
Going progame(make)r!!
DannyJ
Profile Joined March 2010
United States5110 Posts
January 17 2013 11:47 GMT
#10
If i played Amnesia in that thing I'd have a panic attack when i turn on my light and nothing happens.
zdfgucker
Profile Joined August 2011
China594 Posts
January 17 2013 12:01 GMT
#11
On January 17 2013 20:41 Dee-Kej wrote:
One game I'd love to test this with is Amnesia. :3


Man you have to be suicidal. No way would I play anything half as scary as Amnesia like that. Serious Sam would be fun, though.
fLDm
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
January 17 2013 12:03 GMT
#12
On January 17 2013 20:47 DannyJ wrote:
If i played Amnesia in that thing I'd have a panic attack when i turn on my light and nothing happens.


Just imagine if this thing ever supports slenderman.

This thing just might be enough to get me back into playing games - I haven't bought anything gaming related since SCII, and before that I hadn't bought anything in ~5 years. The hype is massive... I hope it holds up!
Animzor
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden2154 Posts
January 17 2013 12:08 GMT
#13
Wouldn't that thing cause serious nausea? I mean, your brain is immersed in a virtual world but your body isn't. So moving and jumping should cause some serious problems.
Dee-Kej
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Sweden191 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-17 12:27:21
January 17 2013 12:10 GMT
#14
On January 17 2013 21:03 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2013 20:47 DannyJ wrote:
If i played Amnesia in that thing I'd have a panic attack when i turn on my light and nothing happens.


Just imagine if this thing ever supports slenderman.

Oh it will. Unity support will be ready with the release of the development kits. Slenderman was apparently made in Unity.
Going progame(make)r!!
n0ise
Profile Joined April 2010
3452 Posts
January 17 2013 12:30 GMT
#15
Can't seem to find the price, does anyone have an estimate?

Also, will they bundle the acid or do I get it someplace else??
LoLAdriankat
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4307 Posts
January 17 2013 12:37 GMT
#16
On January 17 2013 20:47 DannyJ wrote:
If i played Amnesia in that thing I'd have a panic attack when i turn on my light and nothing happens.

Imagine if someone puts his hands on your shoulders while you're playing Amnesia with this thing. :D

On January 17 2013 21:30 n0ise wrote:
Can't seem to find the price, does anyone have an estimate?

Also, will they bundle the acid or do I get it someplace else??

No price announced yet, but people who invested $300 on Kickstarter get the dev version. I'd guess the consumer version will cost from $200 to $300. I wouldn't mind paying that much, kinda like buying a new monitor to me.


Good video about how MINDBLOWING it is.
shabby
Profile Joined March 2010
Norway6402 Posts
January 17 2013 12:37 GMT
#17
On January 17 2013 21:30 n0ise wrote:
Can't seem to find the price, does anyone have an estimate?

Also, will they bundle the acid or do I get it someplace else??


In the article in OP it says they are aiming for around $300.
Jaedong, Gumibear, Leenock, Byun
n0ise
Profile Joined April 2010
3452 Posts
January 17 2013 12:44 GMT
#18
Thanks, for $300 it seems like a great buy ^^
heishe
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany2284 Posts
January 17 2013 12:45 GMT
#19
If it's "only" $300 I'll definitely get one. From all I've read, this thing seems to be awesome. At one point I read that someone wanted to jump down from somewhere but stopped when he reached the ledge because he got an instinctual fear that he was going to fall and hurt himself. Of course he still jumped and wasn't afraid to do it, but at the first moment when his brain registered what it saw, his instincts popped up and told him: "NO!". That is pretty impressive since it implies that the brain will have a much harder time keeping reality and gaming apart which is a good thing for immersion.
If you value your soul, never look into the eye of a horse. Your soul will forever be lost in the void of the horse.
Dee-Kej
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Sweden191 Posts
January 17 2013 12:49 GMT
#20
On January 17 2013 21:45 heishe wrote:
If it's "only" $300 I'll definitely get one. From all I've read, this thing seems to be awesome. At one point I read that someone wanted to jump down from somewhere but stopped when he reached the ledge because he got an instinctual fear that he was going to fall and hurt himself. Of course he still jumped and wasn't afraid to do it, but at the first moment when his brain registered what it saw, his instincts popped up and told him: "NO!". That is pretty impressive since it implies that the brain will have a much harder time keeping reality and gaming apart which is a good thing for immersion.

This is a good demo that demonstrates it in another way - the guy testing it walks through a doorway and thinks that he'll bump his head. ^^
http://www.theverge.com/2013/1/7/3848914/oculus-rift-deep-inside-the-immersive-disorienting-virtual-reality#ooid=Bsd2xlODohuy_2RMpQQh-BHaTWEY5xbZ
Going progame(make)r!!
1 2 3 4 5 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM883
TaKeTV 339
TKL 338
IndyStarCraft 221
BRAT_OK 124
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 883
TKL 338
IndyStarCraft 221
MaxPax 166
BRAT_OK 124
UpATreeSC 89
JuggernautJason22
EmSc Tv 19
MindelVK 17
Nathanias 3
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 714
ggaemo 173
White-Ra 137
firebathero 113
910 58
Barracks 51
Hyun 35
Trap 27
Killer 23
Bale 22
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 21
soO 15
Shine 14
yabsab 10
Dota 2
qojqva4198
Counter-Strike
Fnx 794
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby7816
crisheroes1871
Liquid`Hasu1543
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi3824
singsing1445
Beastyqt747
ceh9684
B2W.Neo449
ArmadaUGS150
C9.Mang0146
KnowMe96
Trikslyr50
shahzam0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream373
Other Games
BasetradeTV199
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 19
EmSc2Tv 19
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 92
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 15
• FirePhoenix14
• Azhi_Dahaki10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2466
• TFBlade907
Other Games
• Shiphtur296
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 19m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 19m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 5h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 16h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.