• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:41
CEST 20:41
KST 03:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8348 users

Google Android discussion

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 84 85 86 Next
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-01 22:00:36
August 01 2012 21:59 GMT
#1
So Google has entered the Tablet wars in hopes to take on the Kindle, and Nook rather than the iPad.



I have a Kindle Fire and despite rumors of a successor just being around the corner the Nexus 7 has caught my eye especially when I saw the commercial.



I looked up the Nexus 7 and the first news I saw was that the preferred buy was the 16GB which instantly became back ordered upon release, Google thought the 7Gb would be the first customers would look at and ultimately buy but the 16Gb is only 50 bucks more and like myself wanted the 16GB. Just yesterday the 16Gb became available again and just ordered one for $287.32 using Google Wallet. Besides online reviews, which have been very positive, I was wondering what TL thought especially if any TL'ers have one and what they think of it?



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nexus_7#Design
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
Mohdoo
Profile Joined August 2007
United States15743 Posts
August 01 2012 22:07 GMT
#2
I have a Galaxy Nexus and I'm just not sure at this point what I would use this for that I can't do on my phone. Bigger screen makes reading stuff easier, but worth carrying around another device? Hm.
Random()
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Kyrgyz Republic1462 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-01 22:13:52
August 01 2012 22:12 GMT
#3
I got one. I haven't used a tablet before so I can't compare, but on its own I think it's OK, it does exactly what I expected it to do, reading books and stuff on the Internet (much more comfortable than using a phone) or watching Futurama for the 100th time before sleep. Other than that I didn't find it particularly useful. Typing sucks, for anything longer than a couple of lines I would still use the netbook. Oh, and it runs dosbox pretty well :D
dabom88
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States3483 Posts
August 01 2012 22:15 GMT
#4
On August 02 2012 07:07 Mohdoo wrote:
I have a Galaxy Nexus and I'm just not sure at this point what I would use this for that I can't do on my phone. Bigger screen makes reading stuff easier, but worth carrying around another device? Hm.

I'm pretty much in the exact same boat. If you already have a Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Note, or Galaxy S3, is it really worth carrying around another device for a marginally bigger screen?
You should not have to pay to watch the GSL, Proleague, or OSL at a reasonable time. That is not "fine" and it's BS to say otherwise. My sig since 2011. http://www.youtube.com/user/dabom88
Swede
Profile Joined June 2010
New Zealand853 Posts
August 05 2012 08:55 GMT
#5
On August 02 2012 07:15 dabom88 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 02 2012 07:07 Mohdoo wrote:
I have a Galaxy Nexus and I'm just not sure at this point what I would use this for that I can't do on my phone. Bigger screen makes reading stuff easier, but worth carrying around another device? Hm.

I'm pretty much in the exact same boat. If you already have a Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Note, or Galaxy S3, is it really worth carrying around another device for a marginally bigger screen?


Depends what you use it for. I got one and I use it for practice on my instrument which it's perfect for with the larger screen (can read charts etc on it). It's great for reading books too.

I'd recommend seriously considering it if you're in the market for a tablet. Google is selling them very near to cost price in the states, and still much cheaper than other 7 inch tablets (with better hardware too!). I think it competes pretty well with the iPad pretty well too (depending on what applications you're after and if you can bare 3 inches less in screen size).
TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
August 05 2012 08:58 GMT
#6
On August 02 2012 07:15 dabom88 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 02 2012 07:07 Mohdoo wrote:
I have a Galaxy Nexus and I'm just not sure at this point what I would use this for that I can't do on my phone. Bigger screen makes reading stuff easier, but worth carrying around another device? Hm.

I'm pretty much in the exact same boat. If you already have a Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Note, or Galaxy S3, is it really worth carrying around another device for a marginally bigger screen?

Not worth it at all imo. Unless you have a very specific need for the tablet.
Administrator
XeliN
Profile Joined June 2009
United Kingdom1755 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-05 09:06:30
August 05 2012 09:06 GMT
#7
For browsing the internet, watchings shows, youtube, streams. Reading using Kindle App or otherwise, playing some games, using certain apps such as Google Maps it is simply a better more involving, navigable and generally more satisfying experience than doing the same on your phone.

Ultimately it doesn't do anything but fill a niché for a lightweight, portable large screened device to do those tasks that either you can't do on your phone, or the screen size puts you off doing. It does all this for an exceptional price (I paid £159 for mine and instantly recieved £15 for free in the google play store).

While I have absolutely no NEED for this whatsoever, I certainly wanted it, and for everything it offers at an outstanding price it doesn't disappoint.
Adonai bless
SRBNikola
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Serbia191 Posts
August 05 2012 09:13 GMT
#8
It's android tablet :/ i dont know about nexus, but so far Android tablets i used were awful except transformer, it was descent ^^
Navane
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Netherlands2762 Posts
August 05 2012 12:14 GMT
#9
I think this device will fill the voids in my life
haduken
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Australia8267 Posts
August 05 2012 12:28 GMT
#10
On August 05 2012 18:13 SRBNikola wrote:
It's android tablet :/ i dont know about nexus, but so far Android tablets i used were awful except transformer, it was descent ^^


Depends on what version of the android you have.

My Lenovo tablet was god awful before getting the ice cream sandwich upgrade. Now it's decent, not as good as the ipad i have but decent enough for web and books.
Rillanon.au
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-05 18:56:36
August 05 2012 18:56 GMT
#11
So far I love it, very smooth and incredibly fast compared to the Kindle Fire. As like all new things when turning on it had to go through an update. Apps galore and of course you are synced with all you Google stuff via Google Play.

Amazon will need to step up it's game with the Kindle Fire 2.
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
LovE-
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1963 Posts
August 07 2012 14:30 GMT
#12
I just bought one for my mom since her birthday was on Sunday. I messed around on it a bit and I loved it. We have never owned a tablet before (or a smart phone) and so I thought it was pretty neat.
LovE.311 (NA) || @LovE_Sc2
Narg
Profile Joined December 2010
Finland99 Posts
August 07 2012 14:37 GMT
#13
I'd imagine the new Baldurs Gate Enchanted Edition will come to it, also if King of Dragon Pass (currently only on ipad (and pc)) I could imagine getting this.
Reno(TE)
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United Kingdom434 Posts
August 07 2012 14:58 GMT
#14
I was unsure at first since I didn't really have a need for a tablet. But having had it for 2 weeks now I can honestly say I use it a lot. streaming videos, surfing the net around the house, I even take it to work with me for its calender and medical apps. Hell I even have 3 hours now with nothing to do at work, I would have been screwed without this!
A pro isnt someone who sacrifices themselves for their job, thats just a fool.
ManTrain
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark126 Posts
September 24 2012 21:57 GMT
#15
Hey guys, i was wondering if anyone knows when this tablet is being released in the rest of Europe? I have looked around the Internet, but all i could find was release dates for Germany and France. Any news on the rest of us?
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
October 30 2012 21:32 GMT
#16



a $300 smartphone...
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
Cheeseburgered
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States716 Posts
November 02 2012 01:23 GMT
#17
^ I was looking at the Nexus 4 and it looks awesome especially for that pricetag
CJ Entusman #58 | Gogogo Stats
WTFZerg
Profile Joined February 2011
United States704 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-02 01:32:55
November 02 2012 01:32 GMT
#18
On October 31 2012 06:32 {CC}StealthBlue wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHuoDqcIyqk


a $300 smartphone...


Yup. I'll be buying one when it launches and bringing it over to T-Mobile prepaid.

No 4G, but HSPA+ is fast enough for me.
Might makes right.
phANT1m
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
South Africa535 Posts
November 02 2012 01:42 GMT
#19
got me a Nexus 7 16GB at launch and loving the hell out of it, simply put the size is perfect for me when i lie in bed and want to read news etc.

Thinking of getting a Nexus 4 since need to get a new phone as it is. Just going to wait a bit since a bit apprehensive since the manufacturer is LG and they have not been always the best.

{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
January 20 2013 01:15 GMT
#20
Just curious has anyone here been able to actually buy a Nexus 10, or more importantly, a Nexus 4? It seems they have been sold out since the announcement.
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
1 2 3 4 5 84 85 86 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM883
TaKeTV 339
TKL 338
IndyStarCraft 221
BRAT_OK 124
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 883
TKL 338
IndyStarCraft 214
MaxPax 166
BRAT_OK 117
UpATreeSC 85
EmSc Tv 21
JuggernautJason17
MindelVK 15
Nathanias 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 723
ggaemo 175
White-Ra 137
firebathero 118
910 60
Barracks 50
Hyun 37
Trap 27
Killer 25
Bale 24
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 20
Shine 15
soO 13
yabsab 9
Dota 2
qojqva4123
Counter-Strike
Fnx 834
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby7298
crisheroes1774
Liquid`Hasu1543
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi3824
singsing1470
Beastyqt737
ceh9656
B2W.Neo462
ArmadaUGS156
C9.Mang0146
KnowMe93
Trikslyr50
Dewaltoss36
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream463
Other Games
BasetradeTV210
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 21
EmSc2Tv 21
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 102
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 18
• FirePhoenix15
• Azhi_Dahaki5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2439
• TFBlade946
Other Games
• Shiphtur296
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 20m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 20m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 5h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 16h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.