• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:45
CEST 15:45
KST 22:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8545 users

Quick Fashion Question

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
exalted
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
United States3612 Posts
November 15 2005 23:55 GMT
#1
I just recieved this watch as a gift from a piano teacher:

http://www.watches2u.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=45&products_id=515&osCsid=23d792444ecb757fbf84012583368a2b

Now, I love the watch, but right now my only pair of shoes are these brown ones - does the watchband have to match the shoes, or is this no longer followed through as much? I know this is why metal band watches are more versatile, but I do enjoy leather straps as well.

Any comments about this or fashion in general is good.
too easy
MoltkeWarding
Profile Joined November 2003
5195 Posts
November 15 2005 23:58 GMT
#2
Ask grandma Moeller
HULKAMANIA
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States1219 Posts
November 16 2005 00:01 GMT
#3
Holy SHIT! Don't you have a girlfriend to ask? If not, I wouldn't worry about fashion too much because it's obviously not getting the job done for you anyway. I'd maybe take up weightlifting or lumberjacking or something to get some testosterone in you.
If it were not so, I would have told you.
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
November 16 2005 00:01 GMT
#4
dude if he asks his girlfriend how else will the rest of the forum be jealous of his new watch?
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
HULKAMANIA
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States1219 Posts
November 16 2005 00:03 GMT
#5
Hahaha. Oh, damn.
If it were not so, I would have told you.
chrusher97
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Canada811 Posts
November 16 2005 00:04 GMT
#6
I think youll be fine, nobody will pay that close attention....

This is the watch i wear to school everyday..

[image loading]

[image loading]
Liquid`Drone
Profile Joined September 2002
Norway28908 Posts
November 16 2005 00:07 GMT
#7
omg dude it's lacoste that means it works nicely with anything expensive cause well lacoste is ugly but expensive and people will either laugh at you for having wasted money on lacoste or they will think it's cool that you have enough money for expensive clothes.

that being said I have 3-4 lacoste piquets but they're all ugly and I've never seen any nice lacoste clothing and they all suck because the crocodile is way too noticable and just screams "look at me I'm rich" and well, that's pretty gay.

sadly many girls will in fact like that you have expensive clothes even if they're ugly though.
Moderator
NeverEndingStory
Profile Joined February 2005
446 Posts
November 16 2005 00:13 GMT
#8
yeah i do not like lacoste too.I agree with Drone here; )
calvin klein & dolce gabbana look like much better usually
Playing pokah
WGT)DarkXprT
Profile Joined October 2005
Qatar428 Posts
November 16 2005 00:15 GMT
#9
yeah, i just have one lacoste polo, in mexico, the price of those is around 2000 pesos, which is $200 dollars, (original) , its too much money , for that crap, the only one i have, my granma gave it to me, she bought it in spain, and let me tell you its not worth the damn money.

screw lacoste. Just buy a clean shirt and put the damn cocrodile, you're done and rich.
I hope all our problems stay as much as christmas wishes.
ToKoreaWithLove
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Norway10161 Posts
November 16 2005 00:15 GMT
#10
many of the more expensive brands have horrible clothes. Lacoste is a great example.
ModeratorFather of bunnies
Doctorasul
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Romania1145 Posts
November 16 2005 00:19 GMT
#11
I thought Lacoste was nice.

Next you'll be telling me you don't like Volvos.
"I believe in Spinoza's god who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a god who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings." - Albert Einstein
Liquid`Drone
Profile Joined September 2002
Norway28908 Posts
November 16 2005 00:19 GMT
#12
yeah I have quite a lot of expensive clothing. ck and dolce&gabbana make lots of nice stuff. I also bought some lacoste 5-6 years ago cause back then I wanted the brandname to be visible and well, lacoste has a visible brandname. but their clothes suck. I do generally feel that the more expensive stuff generally both looks better and has better quality but that crocodile isn't worth multiplying the price 3x for.
Moderator
ToKoreaWithLove
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Norway10161 Posts
November 16 2005 00:24 GMT
#13
Yea I also tend to buy expensive clothes like $150-250 jeans, but thats because I like the clothes and not because they have a certain brand name. People can wear whatever they wants, but nothing is as lame as people who buys things for the brand.

Again I have to agree with my fellow norwegian here that high prices are usually = good quality and better comfort, but sadly that seems to be somewhat less true for the more classic high-price brands and more true for never brands. Why, I don't know.
ModeratorFather of bunnies
exalted
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
United States3612 Posts
November 16 2005 00:40 GMT
#14
Lacoste is expensive but isn't ugly. I don't know where you got this statement, seeing how practically all they produce are polos. Brands I would agree on would be Louis Vuitton bags, but that's lady apparel.

Lacoste isn't even expensive when it comes to brand name clothing - polos aren't 200 dollars and way up, especially if you go to an outlet (there is one by my aunt where their polos are $52, which is quite reasonable)

I also enjoy the brand as I play badminton, and lacoste is the tennis brother (as I may eventually pick up tennis). Similarly I enjoy Yonex (a badminton brand) for this reason.
too easy
exalted
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
United States3612 Posts
November 16 2005 00:41 GMT
#15
Thanks though for 10 posts without one informative reply. Hulkamania, bitch please, you're an english major, you're the epitome of emo and metrosexuality, unless you are a living oxymoron and BENCH SUPER HARD as well.
too easy
HULKAMANIA
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States1219 Posts
November 16 2005 00:46 GMT
#16
I think you're a moron.

For your information, work out SUPER HARD. I'd be willing to bet that I bench more than you, squat more than you, and deadlift more than your bench, squat, and deadlift combined. I also like writing and reading.

I'm not concerned with fashion beyond being able to look presentable for my girlfriend. If you pay attention to my posts at all, you might gather that I'm not wallowing in angst or personal agony about the cruelty of life. So call me emo and metro if you must, but I'm not the one who constantly posts online asking a bunch of other men for fashion advice and whines whenever someone makes fun of me.
If it were not so, I would have told you.
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-11-16 00:48:54
November 16 2005 00:48 GMT
#17
Exalted:
[image loading]

interests: starcraft, piano, badminton

Hulk Hogan:
[image loading]

interests: pro wrestling, being large, fucking people up

who is more metrosexual and emo again?
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
NeverEndingStory
Profile Joined February 2005
446 Posts
November 16 2005 00:50 GMT
#18
hahaha Hot_Bid
Playing pokah
exalted
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
United States3612 Posts
November 16 2005 00:55 GMT
#19
Lol, there's not much I can say in response seeing how I have a history of fashion/shoes/haircut threads on teamliquid. Nevertheless, hot_bid's been trying way too hard to be funny in every thread but yeah, GG I got owned .

Hulkamania, photo? I definitely need advice on lifting and etc, but have to finish college apps first. I at least know that TL isn't the place to ask for those kinds of matters :O!
too easy
mitsy
Profile Joined October 2005
United States1792 Posts
November 16 2005 00:56 GMT
#20
ok ok exalted.

the answer is YES, they should match, but NO, you cant match that expensive piece of shit with anything other than other tacky yet expensive things, if you can consider that matching. actually this was drone's answer. i guess you didn't read it or didn't find it informative.

if you only want to know what is "followed," you will always be behind and chasing. if you are always trying to do and figure out what you "have to," this is escaping the responsibility of really being yourself. you're drowning out your real self to immerse yourself in this superficial culture. what's your point?

furthermore, its nice to hear that you enjoy leather straps as well, but you should probably keep bedroom chat to yourself. that's a fashion tip for you.

if you have to try this hard to blend in, you aren't going to blend in. find somewhere where you do instead of asking strategy tips on how to appear like something you aren't.

now for my comments on fashion in general. wal-mart shirts are good, especially the cotton ones as they don't wrinkle as badly. for pants, i would skip wal-mart and go right up to belles or however you spell it. i think it has an "a" in it. get flip flops with a slight heel and those bumpy texture with cloth thing between your toes from target. they will keep your feet from hurting, from getting dirty as much, from drying out too much, and also last long enough (i play basketball in them). also be sure to get your hair cut every 4 months or so, including facial hair.

its quite fashionable to down ~500 mg or so of dxm hbr (story removed), ace hardware and walmart have many things

what is in fashion? who is in fashion? people who watch tv and then mimic it and judge eachother based on it? weird stuff.
express yourself--madonna
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 15m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Railgan 90
Codebar 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 65306
Bisu 3361
FanTaSy 1360
Stork 774
Rush 386
firebathero 254
Snow 216
Mind 122
hero 120
Last 113
[ Show more ]
Free 81
Sharp 77
Pusan 62
Sexy 54
ToSsGirL 42
Trap 39
Hm[arnc] 33
Bale 33
Mong 27
Terrorterran 24
yabsab 18
Aegong 17
Rock 15
Noble 15
zelot 14
HiyA 11
Shine 9
IntoTheRainbow 8
Sacsri 8
scan(afreeca) 7
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7462
Dendi1212
Counter-Strike
fl0m2510
byalli1105
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King104
Other Games
gofns39099
singsing2328
Liquid`RaSZi921
B2W.Neo645
Beastyqt435
Happy275
Mlord275
Pyrionflax248
Hui .215
Khaldor140
Chillindude25
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV245
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 97
• Dystopia_ 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV496
League of Legends
• Nemesis3376
• Jankos2979
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1434
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 15m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 15m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 15m
OSC
9h 15m
Replay Cast
9h 15m
OSC
22h 15m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.