• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:58
CEST 15:58
KST 22:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8728 users

IntoTheRain Interview

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Elsi
Profile Joined October 2002
United Kingdom8173 Posts
January 08 2003 01:44 GMT
#1
Link for the interview : http://www.broodwar.co.yu/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=143&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

The most well-known protoss user in the world. He was the one of the best protoss user in Korea, and also he had a fan whos name was Nal_ROCK. We can realize that how gosu he was! Enjoy this interview and have a wonderful day everyone ~ ^_^

SLoG4[pG]: Hi , first introduce yourself with your sc id , name , age , gender.

IntoTheRain : IntoTheRain, LimSung Chun, 24(22 in US age), Korea, Seoul near Kyong Gido Gwang Pyung.

SLoG4[pG] : How long u play sc ? How long as pro ?

IntoTheRain : I started Original Starcraft since 1998, October, and I started progaming since 2000, spring from Game-q Star League

SLoG4[pG] : Who is your sponsor team and what is condition of your contract , do u have salary per month or per success on tournaments ? Can we know how much u earned till these days ?

IntoTheRain : I had a deal with KTF company, but it ended this october, and joined new company which is a shopping centering by on-line. I didn't practice gaming these days, and couldn't win any of the tourments, and I only earn as much as people who works in office. That's not much.

SLoG4[pG] : Why u choose IntoTheRain as your sc nick ? Into is clan , can u tell us more about it , how many members there are , clan site url , how players can join it , who is leader , who is best skilled players ?

IntoTheRain : In 1999, the leader of Into Clan gave it to me. There were 2 Ids which was IntoTheAiur and IntotheRain, and i chose IntotheRain. I couldn't do anything for our clan, because I was so busy with doing others, and currently the best player in Intothe clan is, I think IntoTheRainBow.

SLoG4[pG] : Describe your pro-gaming day , when u wake up , when u start to practice, with which players u usually practice , how many hours per day , do u play from home or pc room , where u play usually : bn or gamei or some other server ?

IntoTheRain : I used to practice in our office which our team mates practices in, but these days I practice at home. It wasn't important that how much I practice or who I practiced with. because it always changed. And I often play Gamei when I'm bored.

SLoG4[pG] : Your favourite race is protoss I guess , what is your favourite unit and map?

IntoTheRain : I can't choose any special map that I like, because there aren't perfect maps that fits to me, and I like magical units like Templars, and Dark Archon, Arbiter.

SLoG4[pG] : Do u play with non-korean players , and who of them are close to pro gaming skill by your opinion , who of non-korean and non-pro players can make good results as pro-gamers ?

IntoTheRain : Long time ago, I used to play with sVEN, NTT, [GG99]Slayer, Soul[pG](aka orky~soul), and elky, but these days I don't even have time to meet those people, and specially [GG99]Slayer, I think he does well on all races.

SLoG4[pG] : Who of korean pro gamers most impress u and especially which protoss users u like?

IntoTheRain : I like people when they greet me well, and also they know how to greet to the others who are older than me, people like ZeuS, Nal_rA, GGMAN, Garimto, Reach, and so on.

SLoG4[pG] : Your european and non-korean fans like how u use dark templars very much, how u succed to use storm so well and why u choose protoss as race ?

IntoTheRain : I didn't wanted to play with terran and also zerg, because terran was too simple, and zerg was too disguisting. And I used to like some magic stuff before, so I chose Protoss. And the best way to use storm is predict where the enemy will be and click on it. And there will be some mistake if the prediciting got wrong.

SLoG4[pG] : Do u think that with 1.09b patch sc is still imbalanced ? Which correction would u make ?

IntoTheRain : I think protoss isn't good in this patch. Terran and zerg can go on easily, but protoss units are still expensive, and it's really hard to go on to the latter half.

SLoG4[pG] : Do u play some other games beside sc and which ? What are u think about wc3, will it be pro gaming game just as sc ?

IntoTheRain : Actually I like RPG better than Strategy Simulation. I started WarCraft Beta and ended right away, because it wasn't fun at all. If it had korean patches with it, then it would be really fun, and currently there are so many Warcraft progamers in Korea. Mostly starcraft player changed to Warcraft.

SLoG4[pG] : How you live in Korea as a star , lots of fans , do u like that life ?

IntoTheRain : I like it, but there are some negative things, too. Because there are another type of people that do not know me well, so I gotta be careful with that.

SLoG4[pG] : How u feel when u play in room with lots of people , primary lots of fans who expect from u to show real skill ? Are u nervous or do u feel a pressure sometime ?

IntoTheRain : I don't like the place that has many people in it, when people watches me playing, I sweat a lot, and I often make some mistakes. I couldn't prove my all skills.

SLoG4[pG] : Sort this by priority for playing SC : race , luck , practice , skill and experience?

IntoTheRain : think the skill is the most important thing, and then Luck.

SLoG4[pG] : By your opinion which race is the strongest and which is easiest to play with , to control it?

IntoTheRain : I think zerg is the easiest race to micro, other race is hard to make units while in battle, but like zerg, you just have to drag the larva and make, or u can produce with many hatcheries easily, and also at the later time, zerg don't need to micro, because it has lots of units to attack.

SLoG4[pG] : What are u consider as your biggest success in your pro-gaming carrier , and what tournaments u still wish to conquer ?

IntoTheRain : I couldn't succeed well, I could have done if I did well before.. I am lazy to practice these days, so I don't play that much. And taking the 1st place in any tourament is the happiest thing for everyone.

SLoG4[pG] : What are u think what are chances of korean sc team on wcg 2002 ? BoxeR(t) , YellOw(z) , [kor]-Oddysay_kr(t) and Junwi[TnC]_kr(z) , 2 terran users and 2 zerg users ) Will BoxeR make same result as 2001 , who is your favour ?

IntoTheRain : WCG already passed, but I knew that boxer would be the one who will get the gold medal. The reason why Korean players lost a lot on this WCG was, they were self-conceit, and I was really shocked at the beginning.

SLoG4[pG] : What is the biggest and most respectful tournament in Korea for u , is it KPGA , StarLeague or any other ?

IntoTheRain : Ongamenet opened "Ongamenet starleague, gembc, KPGA" and the 3rd cable, which is ghemtv, is currently opening starleague, I just want to have good records on these touraments.

SLoG4[pG] : Your plans for future and message to all your fans ?


IntoTheRain : I'm older than other progamers. Shin Joo young(who was the best players in 1998), who was the older player among us. I gotta start work other thing that's not hard and comfortable. But I won't quit SC, so I want my all fans to help me with it, I will do much better than before!

SLoG4[pG] : Maybe u have to add something I didnt ask u here ^_^

IntoTheRain : I will have PC cafe with my friend, and I will keep up with my progaming with earning money from the cafe. I borrowed much money from others, so I'm really worried, but I wish we have lots of customers to our cafe

SLoG4[pG]: Thank u very much on your will and kindness in answering this questions and good luck to u in your future pro gaming carrier !!
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
January 08 2003 02:19 GMT
#2
InToTheRain ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Regards FrozenArbiter
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Elsi
Profile Joined October 2002
United Kingdom8173 Posts
January 08 2003 03:21 GMT
#3
Classic player, Favourite player in the WORLD
PeaCock
Profile Joined January 2003
China5 Posts
January 08 2003 03:22 GMT
#4
Intotherain,i like this guy !~ He plays protoss very well.
I love this game !~~~
no1important
Profile Joined December 2002
557 Posts
January 08 2003 03:38 GMT
#5
IntoTheRain = best protoss...even though no practice DOESNT make perfect, he still has my fav protoss style
irfan_pe
Profile Joined November 2002
Peru39 Posts
January 08 2003 07:06 GMT
#6
One of the best protoss by far, but Ain't get it why he doesn't enter to the ongamenet starleague. I saw many news when he is very close to enter but at the last stage he didn't make it like Nal_rA this times
I hope they get a chance to the next ongamenet starleague.
Long life to Mensrea wherever you are
Liquid`Spy
Profile Joined October 2002
Netherlands1301 Posts
Last Edited: 2003-01-08 07:52:45
January 08 2003 07:51 GMT
#7
"SLoG4[pG] : Sort this by priority for playing SC : race , luck , practice , skill and experience?"

I think this question is sooo stupid. Without skill you can never win vs a skilled person and skill comes from practise, and if you practise you automatically build up experience, so it doesn't make sense sorting those things in my opinion.

Oh and I don't like interviews in which the interviewer never responds to the interviewed person's answers, but keeps on asking totally different questions so boring and unpersonal.



Im a spy in the house of love
Quiksilver
Profile Joined December 2002
United States424 Posts
January 08 2003 08:11 GMT
#8
Some of it might just be lost in translation, but I agree.
Live.
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
Last Edited: 2003-01-08 08:16:12
January 08 2003 08:15 GMT
#9
They wrote up the interview before hand (as far as I understand from reading the comments on their site), by having someone mail the questions on korean and then translating the reply to english.

Regards FrozenArbiter
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
AK-Nemesis
Profile Joined December 2002
2005 Posts
January 08 2003 09:25 GMT
#10
hey, who's Shin Joo young?
Nemesis has left the building~
Muhweli
Profile Joined September 2002
Finland5328 Posts
January 08 2003 09:53 GMT
#11
yeah and how come IntoTheRain is so good in english? :o
River me timbers.
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
January 08 2003 10:51 GMT
#12
Muhweli: read my post=)

Regards FrozenArbiter
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 1441
WardiTV790
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech120
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5987
Bisu 2843
Jaedong 1158
EffOrt 498
Horang2 478
Mini 450
actioN 273
Larva 250
ZerO 224
ggaemo 215
[ Show more ]
Mind 101
Yoon 87
Pusan 82
Sea.KH 75
Sharp 66
Snow 66
hero 65
Shinee 64
Dewaltoss 53
Bale 52
Hyun 52
Barracks 50
ToSsGirL 37
sorry 29
Sacsri 18
scan(afreeca) 18
Trap 15
NaDa 14
Rock 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 8
zelot 8
Icarus 7
Terrorterran 5
Dota 2
Gorgc4627
qojqva2213
Dendi1093
Counter-Strike
markeloff74
Other Games
olofmeister1002
hiko893
B2W.Neo667
Lowko334
crisheroes287
DeMusliM243
XBOCT211
Pyrionflax187
Livibee165
Hui .161
Liquid`VortiX149
QueenE87
Mew2King50
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 52
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 19
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV730
League of Legends
• Nemesis2306
• Jankos2018
• TFBlade678
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
10h 2m
Patches Events
1d 2h
The PondCast
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 21h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.