• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:32
CEST 23:32
KST 06:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)50Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8843 users

Star Wars: Squadrons

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Psyonic_Reaver
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4343 Posts
September 25 2020 14:59 GMT
#1
I’m sure most of you have heard about it by now?

I preordered on Steam. Is anyone else from TL in playing together?

I live in Oregon, west coast USA. I’ll be playing joystick and keyboard in my oculus rift 1. Gonna go full throttle danger zone in my Awing/TIEint 😁
So wait? I'm bad? =(
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17884 Posts
September 26 2020 15:35 GMT
#2
it appears there will be some competitive tourneys revolving around 1 of the game modes.

https://dotesports.com/general/news/star-wars-squadrons-esports-gears-up-for-launch-with-upcoming-tournaments
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10000 Posts
October 02 2020 10:31 GMT
#3
I'll be getting this on Tuesday I think. So excited. I hope the SP campaign is at least passable though.
RIP Meatloaf <3
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27439 Posts
October 02 2020 12:52 GMT
#4
How the fuck have I not heard of this prior to today? Loved X-Wing and Tie-Fighter in the 90s and have longed for a spiritual sequel with those pseudo-sim touches.

This seems to be in that vein from the footage I’ve seen so far, pretty exciting!

Still mystified how I haven’t heard of it mind...
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
KOFgokuon
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States14912 Posts
October 02 2020 12:55 GMT
#5
On October 02 2020 19:31 Jockmcplop wrote:
I'll be getting this on Tuesday I think. So excited. I hope the SP campaign is at least passable though.


i've seen durations of like...2-8 hours, so don't get your hopes up
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10000 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-10-02 13:22:48
October 02 2020 13:18 GMT
#6
On October 02 2020 21:55 KOFgokuon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2020 19:31 Jockmcplop wrote:
I'll be getting this on Tuesday I think. So excited. I hope the SP campaign is at least passable though.


i've seen durations of like...2-8 hours, so don't get your hopes up


I don't understand why its so hard to find decent single player campaigns for space flight games. Wing Commander (III and IV) and Tie Fighter were some of my favourite ever games
I was excited for Squadron 42 but when it got to 5 years after the original release date I just sold my Star Citizen account.
RIP Meatloaf <3
KOFgokuon
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States14912 Posts
October 02 2020 14:02 GMT
#7
$$
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17884 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-10-02 18:00:46
October 02 2020 14:50 GMT
#8
i'm not really a "Star Wars guy". i am having fun playing Squadrons.

I'm impressed by EAs and Disney's damage control the past two years. All those high flying MBA-ers from elite business schools have earned their pay getting the Star Wars franchise sorta ... back on track.
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10000 Posts
October 04 2020 03:30 GMT
#9
I've heard there's some pretty big deadzone issues in this game....
Has anyone here had this problem? I don't know if its worth buying until i know that's fixed. One reviewer says he was getting a 50% deadzone on his HOTAS.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Yurie
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
12174 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-10-04 13:20:34
October 04 2020 13:20 GMT
#10
On October 04 2020 12:30 Jockmcplop wrote:
I've heard there's some pretty big deadzone issues in this game....
Has anyone here had this problem? I don't know if its worth buying until i know that's fixed. One reviewer says he was getting a 50% deadzone on his HOTAS.


Did I understand this correctly: You ask about joystick performance in the game?
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10000 Posts
October 04 2020 14:20 GMT
#11
On October 04 2020 22:20 Yurie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2020 12:30 Jockmcplop wrote:
I've heard there's some pretty big deadzone issues in this game....
Has anyone here had this problem? I don't know if its worth buying until i know that's fixed. One reviewer says he was getting a 50% deadzone on his HOTAS.


Did I understand this correctly: You ask about joystick performance in the game?

Yes.
I got that from this review:


Because this is how i want to control the game i don't want to buy it yet because of this
RIP Meatloaf <3
TaShadan
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany1982 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-10-04 16:22:53
October 04 2020 16:22 GMT
#12
I unfortunately had to refund.
Game crashes all over the place without getting an error message.
Also HOTAS is useless because the deadzone is huge even if you put it to 0%.
I am having a T 16000 FCS.
If they improve the game, i might buy it again on christmas sale.
Not worth 40€ in my oppinion.
I am back at playing TIE Fighter campaign.
Total Annihilation Zero
gTank
Profile Joined January 2011
Austria2668 Posts
October 04 2020 20:43 GMT
#13
Never had any crashes, no deadzone issues or VR issues.
Game runs on some kind of fps lock tho, but its not having an impact of being great fun so far.
One crossed wire, one wayward pinch of potassium chlorate, one errant twitch...and kablooie!
DirectorJax
Profile Joined December 2020
1 Post
December 23 2020 14:34 GMT
#14
Squadrons is a really fun game! It's great for Esports there are many Competitive communitys out there such as 5Mans and some tournaments such as "Cup of Mandalore" [Ran by me] & Operation Ace.
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 28m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech149
Nathanias 143
Nina 99
SpeCial 27
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13086
Bale 9
League of Legends
Doublelift2756
JimRising 346
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4994
Khaldor1373
Liquid`Hasu804
Other Games
summit1g6767
fl0m828
shahzam512
ToD163
FrodaN159
KnowMe137
ArmadaUGS106
Mew2King57
JuggernautJason57
NeuroSwarm42
ViBE33
PPMD13
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV193
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream59
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 30
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen113
Other Games
• imaqtpie892
• Shiphtur164
• Scarra63
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 28m
Stellar Fest
15h 28m
OSC
1d
CranKy Ducklings
1d 12h
Online Event
1d 13h
FEL
1d 18h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 19h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 21h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.