• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:09
CEST 10:09
KST 17:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9943 users

Anime Discussion Thread - Page 6

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 6486 Next
If you come in here looking for "anime recommendations" then please refer to this chart before posting: Anime Recommendations (as of may 2014). We also have an IRC channel called #tladt where we all hang out. The channel is on Rizon, not QuakeNet! Feel free to check it out. TLADT discord is Discord.gg

For currently airing anime, please see Anichart.net
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
May 29 2009 19:52 GMT
#101
I have yet to watch finish After Story (was waiting for widescreen versions, then I procrastinated), but from the way things are going, it's going to be baaaww
POGGERS
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
May 29 2009 19:54 GMT
#102
Title changed, discussion go!
POGGERS
SK.Testie
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada11084 Posts
May 29 2009 19:56 GMT
#103
Hmmmm i'm scared of this thread now.
=[
Spoilers are the devil.
Social Justice is a fools errand. May all the adherents at its church be thwarted. Of all the religions I have come across, it is by far the most detestable.
StRyKeR
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
United States1756 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-29 23:08:15
May 29 2009 19:58 GMT
#104
On May 30 2009 04:52 konadora wrote:
I have yet to watch finish After Story (was waiting for widescreen versions, then I procrastinated), but from the way things are going, it's going to be baaaww


Clannad + Clannad after story are two legitimately sad animes I've watched. The relationships get developed and you start believing in what happens. The "Another World" extra episode is nice too. After story is probably the saddest anime I've ever seen... mega spoiler about Clannad: + Show Spoiler +
until they pull some tricks at the end
Ars longa, vita brevis, principia aeturna.
Ecael
Profile Joined February 2008
United States6703 Posts
May 29 2009 19:58 GMT
#105
On May 30 2009 04:52 konadora wrote:
I have yet to watch finish After Story (was waiting for widescreen versions, then I procrastinated), but from the way things are going, it's going to be baaaww

You only played LB? Could've sworn that I saw something about you knowing Clannad AS.

And screw it, all those posting of Mei from last page, I am going to reread the Sunohara family route after I am done with my current reading. -.-
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-29 20:00:13
May 29 2009 19:58 GMT
#106
On May 30 2009 04:45 King K. Rool wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2009 04:41 konadora wrote:
I'm going to request for a thread name change to 'Anime Discussion Thread' with the 'No Naruto/Bleach/One Piece' rule. All okay with that?

I think its fine. I read the big 3 (and really enjoy OP), but each one either has too much trolling, or has been discussed to death everywhere else already.

As for Clannad, maybe I'll pick it up. Not really a fan of drama as you can see, but maybe I'll watch it for humor when I have time.


FMA:B is fine... I don't mind the comedic parts which breaks up the grimdark. I think its rushed, but it has to be since the first parts are exactly the same. I'm going to wait until more of it is out before really deciding if I want to drop it.


Anybody else watch Cross Game? I think it's the best anime of the season, first ep actually made me tear up slightly even though I've read the manga.

Actually what's Cross Game about? I kept hearing about it, dled it but never got to watch it (like the many other animes that are airing this season =.=")


Added a pic with all this season's animes in it in the OP!

@StRyKeR
You mean the one where Tomoya and Tomoyo got together? That was really really sad
POGGERS
King K. Rool
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada4408 Posts
May 29 2009 20:00 GMT
#107
Cross game is basically a romance/slice of life/comedy/sports manga/anime with great dialogue that uses a baseball backdrop. That sums up pretty much every Adachi manga ever (swap baseball with whatever other sport), but its like coming back to the same delicious restaurant every week.

I don't really like baww animes (since I'm pretty heartless and end up being bored or laughing), so maybe I won't watch Clannad.
SWPIGWANG
Profile Joined June 2008
Canada482 Posts
May 29 2009 20:01 GMT
#108
God, I was in Japan a week ago and they were playing K-ON songs in like every anime related shops and some aracades that now I'm overdoesed on it....... and I come onto TL and I see a K-ON thread......... is this the doku denpa of the era......... /faints

Cross Game is in the mitsuru adachi genre /cryptic
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-29 20:05:45
May 29 2009 20:04 GMT
#109
Baseball? Like One Outs?

*will return in 4 hours after I sleep*
POGGERS
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
May 29 2009 20:05 GMT
#110
On May 30 2009 04:56 MYM.Testie wrote:
Hmmmm i'm scared of this thread now.
=[
Spoilers are the devil.


They haven't started discussing anything good yet, we are safe

Seriously

Why did you start this with K-on, why not phantom, or eden of the east, both are so good.
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
May 29 2009 20:06 GMT
#111
On May 30 2009 05:05 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2009 04:56 MYM.Testie wrote:
Hmmmm i'm scared of this thread now.
=[
Spoilers are the devil.


They haven't started discussing anything good yet, we are safe

Seriously

Why did you start this with K-on, why not phantom, or eden of the east, both are so good.

Because I thought nobody would watch Phantom or Eden of the East. I guess I was wrong

BUT I KEEP ON DELAYING WATCHING THEM >=(

I should catch up tomorrow, I'm still like episode 3 on all of them. Oh, and Ein is hawt.
POGGERS
Ziph
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Netherlands970 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-29 20:13:12
May 29 2009 20:07 GMT
#112
One Outs<...>KonaDora man Please can you sub the last 3 Episodes for me ugh ... ~, seriously the fansubber that subbed this dropped it on epi 22 out of 25 -.-
Starcraft 2 - Beta
King K. Rool
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada4408 Posts
May 29 2009 20:09 GMT
#113
One Outs? The seinen? Not similar other than the baseball I guess.
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-29 20:12:23
May 29 2009 20:09 GMT
#114
I watched a few episodes at my friend's house.. the male protagonist is sooo badass rofl.

On May 30 2009 05:09 King K. Rool wrote:
One Outs? The seinen? Not similar other than the baseball I guess.


Then is it similar to Major?

Okay I should go to sleep, see you guys in 4 hours.
POGGERS
Ziph
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Netherlands970 Posts
May 29 2009 20:22 GMT
#115
On May 30 2009 05:01 SWPIGWANG wrote:
God, I was in Japan a week ago and they were playing K-ON songs in like every anime related shops and some aracades that now I'm overdoesed on it....... and I come onto TL and I see a K-ON thread......... is this the doku denpa of the era......... /faints

Cross Game is in the mitsuru adachi genre /cryptic

"/faints" --- Hahahahaha I llollllled

Starcraft 2 - Beta
King K. Rool
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada4408 Posts
May 29 2009 20:23 GMT
#116
No. I think in Adachi manga, baseball/boxing/diving/etc is all used as a tool to develop relationships between the characters, and gives it an extra dimension. It's very character central IMO. There's also a good amount of comedy and romance (which I don't think Major has - only read some of it though). Of course, baseball is still pretty central (getting to the Koshien), but what makes the anime and manga really good is not the baseball parts.

Very good anime, I definately recommend it.
eMbrace
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States1300 Posts
May 29 2009 20:24 GMT
#117
im not very into anime, so i don't get the appeal of these shows about little girls and guitars, but im nearly finished with Ergo Proxy and it's a great show.

so i'd recommend that.

(this is a recommendation thread correct? )
2nd1rst
Profile Joined April 2009
United States40 Posts
May 29 2009 20:25 GMT
#118
Keeping up with phantom, cross game, hajime no ippo and eden of the east this season.
Ziph
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Netherlands970 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-29 20:37:24
May 29 2009 20:36 GMT
#119
On May 30 2009 05:24 eMbrace wrote:
im not very into anime, so i don't get the appeal of these shows about little girls and guitars, but im nearly finished with Ergo Proxy and it's a great show.

so i'd recommend that.

(this is a recommendation thread correct? )

PINO <3 Best Character in Ergo Proxy.

Also this is not a recommendation thread read the title "DISCUSSION".
Starcraft 2 - Beta
Tensai176
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
Canada2061 Posts
May 29 2009 20:48 GMT
#120
On May 30 2009 04:45 King K. Rool wrote:
Anybody else watch Cross Game? I think it's the best anime of the season, first ep actually made me tear up slightly even though I've read the manga.


Yaya brother, I found the manga a lot sadder but the anime version was well done. The song is really good.

Adachi Mitsuru though is a genius. I find myself re-reading Cross Game and Katsu! over and over again and it doesn't really get boring.

Are you following the Cross Game manga? Like, he gives you clues on how the characters are feeling but you never know for sure who likes who and such, so addicting o_o. But definitely Cross Game is my favourite of his work, the anime doesn't really do it justice I find.

Eden of the East is better than K-ON! I think, I really like K-ON! though, I really liked how they drew Mio (really liked her eyes) don't care much for her personality though, definitely my favourite character.
We see things they'll never see
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 6486 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 57
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 1091
Larva 421
Stork 325
ggaemo 300
Leta 196
PianO 142
Hyuk 30
ZergMaN 25
Bale 24
Killer 18
[ Show more ]
yabsab 17
League of Legends
JimRising 409
Reynor68
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King193
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor865
Other Games
summit1g9932
C9.Mang0259
Sick186
ArmadaUGS56
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick568
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream179
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2347
League of Legends
• Stunt532
• Jankos406
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
1h 51m
Online Event
2h 51m
FEL
7h 51m
AI Arena Tournament
8h 51m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
10h 51m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
INu's Battles
1d 3h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 15h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.