• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:21
CEST 13:21
KST 20:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9087 users

Starcraft & WoW amusement park in China - Page 9

Forum Index > Community News and Headlines
291 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 15 Next All
Tsenister
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom112 Posts
February 08 2011 04:29 GMT
#161
Please stop talking about it being made in China... its a frigging theme park being built on the basis of one of either genres that you love. If anyone has been to legoland UK when it first came out that was one of the best experiences of my childhood.

Either way if you want to hate on Chinese engineering then no ones making you go ride on any of the stuff. Just remember to throw out your TVs, toasters, microwave, irons, shoes, t-shirts etcetc ...........
Xxio
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada5565 Posts
February 08 2011 04:31 GMT
#162
Joyland, what a proper name
KTY
Nayl
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada413 Posts
February 08 2011 05:02 GMT
#163
On February 08 2011 12:54 ELA wrote:
Yeah, I think it's safe to assume that this will be a ripoff - Meaning that they will not get permission to directly material from the Blizzard universes.. Its hard to believe that Blizzard wouldn't have commented on it if that was indeed the case.

Lawsuits, lawsuits and lawsuits.. And of course, a long fight for Blizzard against a China that is supporting and protecting people making copies of other peoples stuff


What makes you think the Chinese government support people making copies of other people's stuff? I would argue its the opposite.

But I do wonder if they actually got a permission from Blizzard.
rUiNati0n
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1155 Posts
February 08 2011 05:11 GMT
#164
I have heard of a lot of cool sounding Chinese amusement parks being shut down because of safety/unsuccessfulness. Hopefully, this one manages to be good and avoid any lawsuits.
eating corn while thinking about eating more corn
MinoMino
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway1103 Posts
February 08 2011 05:21 GMT
#165
Joyland, huh? That's an interesting name, to say the least. Regardless, looks pretty damn awesome judging from the concept art, but I guess that doesn't necessarily mean it'll be awesome. Still, I'm looking forward to some pictures when it completes.
Blah.
thehitman
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
1105 Posts
February 08 2011 05:29 GMT
#166
wow, amazing. China can do whatever it wants. This is sick, wow.

I can't believe they are making SC and WOW theme parks, that is soo coool.
hidiliho
Profile Joined September 2004
Canada685 Posts
February 08 2011 05:33 GMT
#167
On February 08 2011 02:06 leakingpear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2011 01:57 EtherealDeath wrote:
On February 08 2011 01:41 hidiliho wrote:
On February 08 2011 01:38 Comeh wrote:
I can't help but feel this is fake.
Infact, I won't believe it until i literally see it with my eyes.



Well.. the Chinese did claim that New Years was a several days ago. Maybe today is their April fools?


I don't even....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_New_Year



I don't even....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joke


I'm shocked to see how many people took that so seriously.
I have a dream, that some day I wouldn't see any imba comments in GSL threads.
Tazza
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Korea (South)1678 Posts
February 08 2011 05:34 GMT
#168
Only reason I want to go to China
Areon
Profile Joined November 2010
United States273 Posts
February 08 2011 05:36 GMT
#169
Laser tag Metroid?!? Oh hell yes :D
MuffinCookie
Profile Joined February 2011
China64 Posts
February 08 2011 06:07 GMT
#170
Don't worry everyone, I happen to actually LIVE in Shanghai; I go to an international school there. When spring break comes by, I will see if I can bring a bunch of friends to Joyland, and I'll see if I can post pictures on Facebook. :D
Zoom out, and then zoom back in.
Wolf
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Korea (South)3290 Posts
February 08 2011 06:13 GMT
#171
Tried loading random stuff. Kinda hard to tell what's going on though.
Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/proxywolf
TL+ Member
Emon_
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
3925 Posts
February 08 2011 06:16 GMT
#172
checks date

It's not April 1st
"I know that human beings and fish can coexist peacefully" -GWB ||
bkrow
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia8532 Posts
February 08 2011 06:42 GMT
#173
Hahaha this is incredible.. so amazing i would love to go to Joyland.. it would be my dream come true..

When people get banned they should be directed to the Joyland website instead of Disneyland lolzzz
In The Rear With The Gear .. *giggle* /////////// cobra-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!!!!
Boof
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada77 Posts
February 08 2011 06:43 GMT
#174
Foreman: "You must construct additional pylons!"
NEOtheONE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2233 Posts
February 08 2011 06:49 GMT
#175
World of Legend...hm, after looking at some of the pics, it looks vaguely like a League of Legends reference.

Also, I hope this is real because a SC themed park would be so EPIC!
Abstracts, the too long didn't read of the educated world.
kvn4444
Profile Joined September 2010
1510 Posts
February 08 2011 07:21 GMT
#176
damn thats actually awesome looking lol. Makes me want to visit shanghai hehe.
zeross
Profile Joined September 2010
France310 Posts
February 08 2011 08:16 GMT
#177
On February 08 2011 15:07 MuffinCookie wrote:
Don't worry everyone, I happen to actually LIVE in Shanghai; I go to an international school there. When spring break comes by, I will see if I can bring a bunch of friends to Joyland, and I'll see if I can post pictures on Facebook. :D


that would be awesome if you can post pics here once you got them
Tommylew
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Wales2717 Posts
February 08 2011 08:28 GMT
#178
oh my god haha, Wonder if I can get the fiancee to go here!!! lol
Live and Let Die!
Lokian
Profile Joined March 2010
United States699 Posts
February 08 2011 08:54 GMT
#179
heres the night ripper



and yea, not a single blizzard logo on their website so its safe to assume this has nothing to do with starcraft/warcraft at all and calling it that is just to attract teamliquid folks to go to china.

Watch my gaming channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BedinSpace
iFU.pauline
Profile Joined September 2009
France1776 Posts
February 08 2011 08:58 GMT
#180
they have nothing else to do...
No coward soul is mine, No trembler in the world's storm-troubled sphere, I see Heaven's glories shine, And Faith shines equal arming me from Fear
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM608
IndyStarCraft 136
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 608
Lowko395
IndyStarCraft 136
mouzHeroMarine 97
MindelVK 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14253
Free 5579
Stork 1876
Jaedong 673
Horang2 513
BeSt 434
Soulkey 350
Soma 263
Mini 241
Larva 226
[ Show more ]
Zeus 212
Last 143
sorry 108
Mind 84
Pusan 75
Hyun 73
Sexy 47
Shinee 37
soO 31
yabsab 16
Sacsri 15
scan(afreeca) 15
ToSsGirL 12
zelot 10
Dota 2
Gorgc4917
Dendi319
XaKoH 264
XcaliburYe211
Counter-Strike
byalli680
Other Games
gofns43128
singsing2349
Coldzera 692
Happy383
B2W.Neo363
Pyrionflax235
ToD62
trigger1
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV205
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 29
• StrangeGG 17
• Adnapsc2 15
• Light_VIP 9
• Gemini_19 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV379
League of Legends
• Jankos3758
Upcoming Events
Online Event
39m
AI Arena Tournament
5h 39m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
7h 39m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
22h 39m
Patches Events
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.