• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:50
CEST 16:50
KST 23:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9651 users

[H] Printer Problem

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
November 27 2008 01:41 GMT
#1
Whenever I try to print a PDF document (rebate forms for work) it A) doesn't print, B) starts lagging to hell until I end spoolsv.exe in taskman and C) wont let me remove the incomplete task in the print menu, its just permanently there.

Another problem I noticed Is that when I'm printing the contracts for customers the printer will print like the top 10-20% of the text but the rest is all blurred and shitty. Also When I press ctrl+P on the document to print it brings up the printer menu which seems is going haywire (keeps switching highlighting printers, won't let me type in pages to print , etc.)

I do not think its a virus (although I am going to run a check anyways with AVG). I also think that maybe the distorted print might have to do with the simple fact that its low on ink, but I don't get why it prints pretty clear on the top of each page but then its all blurry for the rest. And we get stupid fax ads regularly everyday that print 90% clear. (fucking waste of paper and ink if you ask me, lol)

What could be the cause of this, and how do I fix it? Some kind of firmware/software update or is it just Adobe's reader that fucked it all up?

The printer btw is a HP PSC 2510 photosmart all-in-one.

I hate printers and routers..
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-27 01:42:26
November 27 2008 01:42 GMT
#2
I read some shit about spoolsv is some kind of printing process scanner and it scans itself scanning itself so it just gets stuck in an endless loop of lagszor.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
Archaic
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States4024 Posts
November 27 2008 01:43 GMT
#3
I have this exact same printer, and it sucks so much! I rarely ever get anything working from PC. So far, the things I've done are reinstalling the drivers, and playing around with the settings. If you have a LAN, then check to see if you can even reach the printer through the LAN (ping). That's about all I ever do, and it works eventually...

Usually the drivers work, except it is a huge download.
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-27 01:45:35
November 27 2008 01:45 GMT
#4
you happen to have the link for the drivers so I don't have to hunt? If not that's fine.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
maleorderbride
Profile Joined November 2002
United States2916 Posts
November 27 2008 01:57 GMT
#5
Print PDFs as images.
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
November 27 2008 02:04 GMT
#6
On November 27 2008 10:57 maleorderbride wrote:
Print PDFs as images.

had to google that, Instructions were not as simple as they seemed (had to dig in the options to find it). Thanks it worked.

Omg, its printing out a flawless page, wtf is up with this stupid printer..
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
maleorderbride
Profile Joined November 2002
United States2916 Posts
November 27 2008 02:05 GMT
#7
like 90% of printers choke on PDFs actually. For some reason I do not completely understand printing PDFs as documents makes them like 5x larger. When you do image it reduces the file size greatly.

NP ;p
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
November 27 2008 02:08 GMT
#8
The only problem now though is that its printing 2 pages instead of on 1 page landscaped. Not that big of a deal though.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
November 27 2008 02:08 GMT
#9
alright, well i'm out of here now. Maybe I'll find some more help when I come back on Friday.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
Archaic
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States4024 Posts
November 27 2008 03:17 GMT
#10
Sigh.. It's this simple!
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=303770&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us&submit=Go »

Hopefully that works for you...
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-29 22:32:40
November 29 2008 22:28 GMT
#11
On November 27 2008 12:17 Archaic wrote:
Sigh.. It's this simple!
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=303770&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us&submit=Go »

Hopefully that works for you...

wait, what? they want me to pay 10 bucks ofr a CD to be shipped and wait for this shit to get here? Fuck off HP

edit- ok found downloadable version
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-29 22:36:14
November 29 2008 22:35 GMT
#12
I also noticed this computer is really laggy when this SMSJMON.exe or something is running. For some reason AVG has like 3-4 process that it has running sometimes and one or two of them lag really badly too.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
Shanon564
Profile Joined November 2019
1 Post
November 27 2019 10:22 GMT
#13
--- Nuked ---
parkerjohan
Profile Joined December 2019
1 Post
December 14 2019 12:31 GMT
#14
--- Nuked ---
waltonpeter88
Profile Joined December 2019
1 Post
December 23 2019 11:30 GMT
#15
--- Nuked ---
tomcruise7
Profile Joined December 2019
1 Post
December 24 2019 09:40 GMT
#16
--- Nuked ---
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24801 Posts
December 24 2019 14:58 GMT
#17
This thread is a magnet for bots... I'm closing it.
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 697
ComeBackTV 403
SteadfastSC364
Rex133
CosmosSc2 56
EnkiAlexander 42
LiquipediaDiscussion
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 364
ProTech164
Rex 133
CosmosSc2 56
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 52270
Jaedong 1555
Hyuk 839
Soma 719
EffOrt 633
Horang2 530
BeSt 507
Mini 493
Soulkey 449
Larva 370
[ Show more ]
Rush 314
ZerO 296
Last 266
Stork 251
Snow 230
Light 157
ggaemo 146
hero 71
Killer 69
sorry 63
Mind 62
Free 46
Sharp 38
Shinee 35
ToSsGirL 26
Shine 22
Terrorterran 21
Bale 21
HiyA 20
yabsab 18
Trap 17
Rock 9
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7885
qojqva1152
Dendi732
Counter-Strike
Fnx 674
x6flipin197
markeloff113
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2212
Khaldor1917
Other Games
ArmadaUGS2949
singsing2108
olofmeister1235
B2W.Neo1067
hiko842
byalli401
Liquid`VortiX179
KnowMe105
Mew2King85
QueenE77
ZerO(Twitch)14
Railgan12
Trikslyr10
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream127
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH318
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1765
League of Legends
• Nemesis1675
• Jankos1290
• TFBlade787
Other Games
• Shiphtur298
• WagamamaTV211
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
19h 10m
OSC
22h 10m
Stellar Fest
22h 10m
OSC
1d 9h
Stellar Fest
1d 22h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.