• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:46
CEST 01:46
KST 08:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9015 users

[Winner's Interview] Team 8 vs Woongjin Stars

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
nalho
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States351 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-28 19:16:54
January 28 2012 19:05 GMT
#1
(Z)Jaedong - "Today's game was a comedy."

[image loading]

Even though he won, his expression was not great. There was no choice. His gameplay was not very good. (Z)Jaedong made mistakes that he didn't make before and showed a game where he has problems that he didn't have before.

He isn't a hot player recently but everyone was curious about (Z)Jaedong mental state after that game. Even though he gave his team a win, he didn't show a playstyle fit of being an Ace. We wanted to know why (Z)Jaedong's recent games have not been going well.

Q - After the game was over your expression was not great.

A - I couldn't lift my face. I was very embarrassed while I was playing the game and thought about how I will have to go out facing the audience. Inside I was just dumbfounded and it just made me laugh. This was the first time I've felt something like this as a progamer. I felt like this was a very good experience. I was relieved that I won. If I lost, I would've blown up Yongsan (place where the games are broadcasted).

Q - What did you feel when you found the blocked units?
A - It was just funny. Since the game wasn't over at that point, it was hard to express it. I had doubts if I was looking at a UMS *laugh*. Just looking at all my units stacked up in a spot made me laugh instead of rage.

Q - Why didn't you find out sooner about the blocked units?
A - My food count was 200 but I couldn't find the units. But I couldn't think about why I had no units. Throughout the game it felt like my soul was being sucked out of my body. I was very nervous and I was also on a losing streak so that was a contributing factor. I also had the burden of winning for the team as Ace in the 5th set. The game didn't go as I practiced. I just felt really frustrated playing the game. I felt like I was playing the game in another pace.

Q - Is there any reason why you laughed after seeing the game?
A - I just want people to see today's game as a comedy. Truthfully I knew I would win the game. Even though my play wasn't good I still fun *laugh*.

Q - If you had to compare between (P)Jaehoon's Bermuda Recall vs your mistake today, which one is the bigger one?
A - If I had to answer I'd say wouldn't both be of similar caliber? *laugh* I feel like I just left a best of the best moment in the ESports history. Is there any other person who blocked their entrance for more than 10 minutes *laugh*. Because of that wouldn't the meaning be deeper *laugh*. Truthfully I laughed a lot when I watched (P)Jaehoon's Bermuda Recall and I was satisfied to give people a laugh in my game.

Q - Everyone was expecting (Z)Jaedong to be mad over the game today, but you laughed. It feels like it's an unexpected response.
A - I felt I went beyond the mental collapse this game. The situations and the game sense were all different from practice so I was mad and having a temper. But at the point where I unleashed all the units from the blocked entrance I went beyond the mental collapse and started laughing *laugh*. I felt this was the greatest game since my debut *laugh*.

Q - Your team finally escaped last place.
A - This game was that important so I felt regardless of the situation as long as the team won I was relieved. I was on a 3 losing streak so I was very burdened but I felt I ended my losing streak very well *laugh*. I feel since I showed this kind of game I won't go lower *laugh*. I felt like this game was a game I can look back at. Since there is a long road ahead for the team in order to get to the top so I will try harder.

Q - A lot of people were looking at your gameplay and worrying.
A - It was a game where fans would've worried a lot. When I have lots of games to play it's easier to maintain my game pace but when I don't get to play a lot my pace starts to drop for some reason. Instead of being greedy I want to just resolve my games one by one.

Q - If you have any last word to the fans?

A - I wish you can just look at today's game lightheartedly *laugh*. From my perspective I felt that there was a lot of captures of the game but since I won I'm not bothered by it much. I felt really sorry for the fans that came to the stadium. I also heard I was the 1st in Korean searchlists. When will I get 1st any other time *laugh*. Since OGN was the 2nd in the searchlist wouldn't they have to thank me? *laugh* It was a game that would go well with the game I had in MBC (probably power outage). Since it was hard to call it a proleague game the rating of the game is priceless *laugh*.


[DailyESports Reporter Lee Sora sora@daileysports.com]
“Together with SK Telecom in the eSports world (www.sktelecom.com)”
i'm jung/i translate bw sometimes
Hinanawi
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2250 Posts
January 28 2012 19:11 GMT
#2
Maybe it's the language barrier, but Jaedong sounds like he's snapped, lol.
Favorite progamers (in order): Flash, Stork, Violet, Sea. ||| Get better soon, Violet!
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
January 28 2012 19:12 GMT
#3
its k Jaedong u still a qtpie.
WriterXiao8~~
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
January 28 2012 19:20 GMT
#4
LOL two threads for the same interview but both so funny ty for translating :o
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
Spekulatius
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany2413 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-28 19:22:31
January 28 2012 19:22 GMT
#5
On January 29 2012 04:11 Hinanawi wrote:
Maybe it's the language barrier, but Jaedong sounds like he's snapped, lol.

The other interview version clarifies that though: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=307043

JD <3
Always smile~
ffreakk
Profile Joined September 2010
Singapore2155 Posts
January 28 2012 19:30 GMT
#6
Jaedong so cute <3
Look. Only Forward. See. Only Victory.
MageKirby
Profile Joined July 2009
United States535 Posts
January 28 2012 19:35 GMT
#7
This game made me lose some years off my life. Holy crap. lol
Golgotha
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)8418 Posts
January 28 2012 20:02 GMT
#8
when this happened, i felt deep sadness because I was scared that jd will lose and never be the same. koreans would be harsh towards him and that would only add to his pressure. glad he won so he can laugh about it.
Harem
Profile Joined November 2007
United States11393 Posts
January 28 2012 22:09 GMT
#9
On January 29 2012 04:34 nalho wrote:
Both versions of the interview have mistakes and parts where it's explained better. I feel your clarifies a bit more where mine is just simplied so if you want I can have mine taken down.

closed by request~
Moderator。◕‿◕。
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft343
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta14
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft343
Nina 96
ViBE78
SpeCial 63
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 165
Noble 77
Hyuk 63
NaDa 43
Bale 18
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm138
League of Legends
Doublelift3993
Counter-Strike
minikerr8
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox375
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4664
Khaldor702
Other Games
summit1g7764
FrodaN1720
Coldzera 815
shahzam539
JimRising 432
C9.Mang0301
KnowMe204
ArmadaUGS72
Mew2King47
CosmosSc2 14
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick755
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream89
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH363
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21402
Other Games
• imaqtpie737
• Shiphtur151
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
10h 14m
Online Event
11h 14m
FEL
16h 14m
AI Arena Tournament
17h 14m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19h 14m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 10h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-01
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Proleague 2026-10-02
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.