• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:44
CEST 14:44
KST 21:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6553 users

Should NASL really be a part of liquibets?

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Sina92
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden1303 Posts
November 01 2011 20:15 GMT
#1
I feel that the ammount of people watching NASL, compared to GSL (the other SC2 liquibet league) are very few. I believe that much fewer people analyze and keep track of NASL games and it's players results. That, in addition to the additional latency players suffer due to overseas play makes it very hard to place a bet with comfort. Honestly, I see no reason for NASL to be on liquibets. I would much rather see the MLG / DH / IPL (main tournament) group play games there if anything.

This is a problem because if you don't place most of the bets you can't get remotely close to winning.

To be clear: I have no problem with NASL, only with NASL being on liquibets.


Poll: Which of the following do you follow?

GSL (177)
 
76%

Both (46)
 
20%

NASL (9)
 
4%

232 total votes

Your vote: Which of the following do you follow?

(Vote): GSL
(Vote): NASL
(Vote): Both



Poll: Do you think NASL should be on liquibets?

No (166)
 
62%

Yes (76)
 
28%

I'm not sure (27)
 
10%

269 total votes

Your vote: Do you think NASL should be on liquibets?

(Vote): Yes
(Vote): No
(Vote): I'm not sure

My penis is 15 inches long, I'm a Harvard professor and look better than Brad Pitt and Jake Gyllenhaal combined.
Wesso
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands1245 Posts
November 01 2011 20:18 GMT
#2
I don't think they need to be removed per se, they could also make a system to choose which tournaments to bet on. I stopped liquibetting due to the number of liquibets I had to make (I like to read up on the players so it took too much time) But I'm all for less liquibets.
Gamegene
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States8308 Posts
November 01 2011 20:18 GMT
#3
It's a big tournament with big names. I say keep it.
Throw on your favorite jacket and you're good to roll. Stroll through the trees and let your miseries go.
ZisforZerg
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States224 Posts
November 01 2011 20:18 GMT
#4
I actually think it's great for liquibets. The MUs are always complex and normally not very ez to decide on. I really enjoy logging on to TL to test my knowledge. I do understand your argument though, there are some flaws w/ betting such as the latency, which you brought up. No one is forcing you to bet on them so don't if you don't support it ^_^
"I'm too drunk, to taste that chicken."
VirgilSC2
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States6151 Posts
November 01 2011 20:19 GMT
#5
I honestly don't have a problem with NASL being on the Liquibets, my main problem is, there are plenty of times certain players emerge from a slump reborn, or begin slumping, or there's a balance shift, or a patch etc, and the fact that NASL games are replays and the information on when the game was played is not publicly available makes it tough to bet with 100% of the scenarios considered.

I know there are plenty of people who don't Liquibet, or look at the Liquibets and just pick one, etc. but for people like myself that take the Liquibets semi-seriously, it's tough to be accurate about the NASL bets compared to the GSL.
Clarity Gaming #1 Fan | Avid MTG Grinder | @VirgilSC2
Skamtet
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada634 Posts
November 01 2011 20:20 GMT
#6
Why not?
SFX
Profile Joined June 2011
United States89 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-01 20:23:29
November 01 2011 20:23 GMT
#7
On November 02 2011 05:19 VirgilSC2 wrote:
the fact that NASL games are replays

I thought the NASL casted the games live, but aired them the next day.
The innocent shall suffer, big time.
ZAiNs
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom6525 Posts
November 01 2011 20:24 GMT
#8
On November 02 2011 05:23 SFX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2011 05:19 VirgilSC2 wrote:
the fact that NASL games are replays

I thought the NASL casted the games live, but aired them the next day.

Yes, NASL games are never old enough to make Liquibetting any harder...
nekuodah
Profile Joined August 2010
England2409 Posts
November 01 2011 20:24 GMT
#9
My problem with NASL in liquibet is like someone above said games are from a week back or something often so its hard to work out what condition some players are in (mainly the inconsistent ones), also i find a lot of people dont seem to take the nasl as seriously? at least sometimes games seem off more than usual and occasionally no showing alltogether (im not sure if bets invalid if no show maybe this is already dealt with?)
Skytt
Profile Joined June 2011
Scotland333 Posts
November 01 2011 20:25 GMT
#10
My liquibet accuracy for the NASL is 70% compared to my 62% for Code S and 40~% for Code A. I've found NASL to be a hell of a lot easier to call than the GSL.
Noev
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1105 Posts
November 01 2011 20:26 GMT
#11
There is already a thread about this in the website feedback section

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=281599
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
November 01 2011 20:26 GMT
#12
I think it should only be GSL
Wat
VirgilSC2
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States6151 Posts
November 01 2011 20:26 GMT
#13
On November 02 2011 05:24 ZAiNs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2011 05:23 SFX wrote:
On November 02 2011 05:19 VirgilSC2 wrote:
the fact that NASL games are replays

I thought the NASL casted the games live, but aired them the next day.

Yes, NASL games are never old enough to make Liquibetting any harder...

That is completely false. The games are not always aired the next day.
Clarity Gaming #1 Fan | Avid MTG Grinder | @VirgilSC2
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
November 01 2011 20:27 GMT
#14
Never thought of removing it really. I never watch the NASL, except for the finals of course, the GSL is 10 times better. Still, I don't think you need to remove it from Liquibet, even if I don't watch the games, I can still have a reasonable estimation of the outcome. Just because you're not dedicated enought to watch the games themselves doesn't have to mean you're not gonna check up the results after. (I know I do at least.)

I say keep the Liquibet, even though it is, indeed, not even remotely close to the entertainment value of GSL.
ItsMeDomLee
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada2732 Posts
November 01 2011 20:28 GMT
#15
Take it out. The NASL liquibets are way too easy compared to the ones from GSL.
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
November 01 2011 20:29 GMT
#16
I have 21 unvoted on liquibets. I always made sure to vote when it was GSL only but NASL just seems to flood the page and I honestly don't care about the league enough to take the 30 seconds to vote on it.
Wat
zhurai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States5660 Posts
November 01 2011 20:30 GMT
#17
Poll: Do you think NASL should be on liquibets? <-- why not a "don't care" option ?
Twitter: @zhurai | Site: http://zhurai.com
namste
Profile Joined October 2010
Finland2292 Posts
November 01 2011 20:31 GMT
#18
As a rule of thumb, vote for the Europeans. If two Europeans playing against each other, vote for the one that lives in Ukraine or near by.
IM hwaitiing ~ IMMvp #1 | Bang Min Ah <3<3
TigerKarl
Profile Joined November 2010
1757 Posts
November 01 2011 20:31 GMT
#19
On November 02 2011 05:29 Tenks wrote:
I have 21 unvoted on liquibets. I always made sure to vote when it was GSL only but NASL just seems to flood the page and I honestly don't care about the league enough to take the 30 seconds to vote on it.

I think that sums it up pretty much.
Sina92
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden1303 Posts
November 01 2011 20:31 GMT
#20
On November 02 2011 05:30 zhurai wrote:
Poll: Do you think NASL should be on liquibets? <-- why not a "don't care" option ?


think hard and I'm sure even you'll figure that out
My penis is 15 inches long, I'm a Harvard professor and look better than Brad Pitt and Jake Gyllenhaal combined.
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings215
SHIN 133
CranKy Ducklings SOOP47
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 368
SHIN 133
Railgan 46
MindelVK 25
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 70463
Calm 11058
Rain 2444
Bisu 1660
FanTaSy 848
Stork 559
soO 533
Shuttle 520
Rush 273
Soma 246
[ Show more ]
firebathero 215
Snow 214
Last 194
Light 122
Mind 105
Pusan 73
Sharp 59
Sea.KH 58
hero 47
ToSsGirL 46
Bale 38
Free 36
Trap 34
Aegong 27
Hm[arnc] 26
Mong 24
zelot 18
Sexy 15
yabsab 15
HiyA 13
Sacsri 12
Shine 12
IntoTheRainbow 11
Noble 11
scan(afreeca) 8
Dota 2
Gorgc10609
Dendi734
Counter-Strike
fl0m1663
byalli972
x6flipin360
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King88
Other Games
gofns38746
singsing2216
B2W.Neo615
Pyrionflax252
Trikslyr34
Chillindude11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV216
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 92
• Gemini_19 9
• Dystopia_ 5
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV468
League of Legends
• Jankos3045
• Nemesis2316
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1294
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 17m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 17m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 17m
OSC
10h 17m
Replay Cast
10h 17m
OSC
23h 17m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.