• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:39
CEST 02:39
KST 09:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8555 users

Super Jessie Man Fan Thread - Page 4

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
ForSC2
Profile Joined June 2009
United States580 Posts
July 27 2009 10:48 GMT
#61
He got better later, the start was very wtf. He was talking about nuts in a pregame jaedong vs effort game. I didn't know wtf he was saying.
http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?id=2883#comic
7mk
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Germany10157 Posts
July 27 2009 13:05 GMT
#62
On July 27 2009 19:48 ForSC2 wrote:
He got better later, the start was very wtf. He was talking about nuts in a pregame jaedong vs effort
game. I didn't know wtf he was saying.


It was about cracking the nut, man, cracking the nut!!
beep boop
poilord
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Germany3252 Posts
July 27 2009 13:24 GMT
#63
On July 27 2009 22:05 7mk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 27 2009 19:48 ForSC2 wrote:
He got better later, the start was very wtf. He was talking about nuts in a pregame jaedong vs effort
game. I didn't know wtf he was saying.


It was about cracking the nut, man, cracking the nut!!

and not just any sort of nuts; peanuts!!
"Flash is one tough peanut to crack" was by far the best line he had :D
Doso
Profile Joined March 2008
Germany769 Posts
July 27 2009 13:32 GMT
#64
Effort has only had his breakthrough at the end of this proleague season. Before that he was good, but so where many other Zergs. He also rarely plays very innovative so i can totally understand when you don't know him that much. Blaming Jessie for that is just bs imo.
Chrispy
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada5878 Posts
July 28 2009 02:04 GMT
#65
All things considered -- this guy did really good. Just picture yourself in his position, randomly being asked to commentate and agreeing to it even though you've got no experience.

I liked it.
Retvrn to Forvms
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
July 28 2009 02:11 GMT
#66
On July 27 2009 17:33 poilord wrote:
At least we will get good casting at Blizzcon, as I just read on wheats homepage.
8/21 ~ 8/22 – BlizzCon Stream w/ djWHEAT, Tasteless, & Artosis. As expected, but I'm very happy they got the three guys again

edit: If everyone knew this already, just ignore this post.


oh god

thats like the very best lineup possible. I'm so excited
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
RyanS
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States620 Posts
July 28 2009 05:02 GMT
#67
Cheers to Jesse for manning up and having a go at it.
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
July 28 2009 05:06 GMT
#68
I'm just wondering how long we have to keep bumping this thread until he finds it.
ModeratorGodfather
daz
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Canada643 Posts
July 28 2009 05:10 GMT
#69
they need to fly me out to korea to prevent something like this from happening in the future
Some eat to remember, some smash to forget. 2009msl.com
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
July 28 2009 05:13 GMT
#70
On July 28 2009 11:11 fusionsdf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 27 2009 17:33 poilord wrote:
At least we will get good casting at Blizzcon, as I just read on wheats homepage.
8/21 ~ 8/22 – BlizzCon Stream w/ djWHEAT, Tasteless, & Artosis. As expected, but I'm very happy they got the three guys again

edit: If everyone knew this already, just ignore this post.


oh god

thats like the very best lineup possible. I'm so excited

Seriously. 3 of them is a dream lineup. Hope I can get a stream :D
POGGERS
ForSC2
Profile Joined June 2009
United States580 Posts
July 28 2009 07:08 GMT
#71
On July 28 2009 11:04 Chrispy wrote:
All things considered -- this guy did really good. Just picture yourself in his position, randomly being asked to commentate and agreeing to it even though you've got no experience.

I liked it.

I didn't think he did bad especially given his situation. What seems really weird is that he was put in the position in the first place by GOM which was very wtf.
http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?id=2883#comic
deL
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Australia5540 Posts
July 28 2009 07:42 GMT
#72
He's OK but he is no Jason Lee.
Gaming videos for fun ~ http://www.youtube.com/user/WijLopenLos
DrLefTy
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States36 Posts
July 28 2009 07:49 GMT
#73
I thought it was pretty awesome. Did SDM literally grab the first white guy in the crowd he saw? This event kinda did make me miss Jason Lee, I loved the last time he casted... he was screaming into the mic when some zerg (I forget who) did an all-in hydra build. I played that for my friend who doesn't watch Starcraft and he was laughing so hard.
CongoJack
Profile Joined February 2009
Canada417 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-28 08:48:19
July 28 2009 08:38 GMT
#74
I must go check this out didn't know they would have a replacement for Tasteless. If this guy is as bad as everyone saying they should have just let SDM do it by himself he is good enough in my opinion.
nebffa
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Australia776 Posts
July 28 2009 10:37 GMT
#75
where can we see a video of this jason lee fellow in action?
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-28 14:44:19
July 28 2009 14:43 GMT
#76
One thing that annoys me about a lot of casters (Tasteless, Artosis, SDM and Husky all avoid this problem, thankfully) is when they start rushing their words out, trying to commentate the action and provide match/matchup analysis simultaneously.

Jesse stayed calm and spoke slowly and clearly, which gives him lots of points in my opinion.
shenlong
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
219 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-28 15:11:09
July 28 2009 14:57 GMT
#77
On July 26 2009 20:31 Manifesto7 wrote:
I think it is great he could have this experience. He has a great story to tell. Obviously he is not a professional nor is he trying to be.

That being said, it was a SEMI FINALS. Seriously GOM, if you are going to be Blizzard's chosen ones, you need to do a better job than that.


agreed, Jesse had no idea what he was talking about. He dosnt even follow GOM games, how could he not know effort vs jaedong games lol and his efforts of trying to be funny failed pretty
badly aswell

and also this was perfect proof that SDM jokes works best with tasteless lol, a lot of killed jokes by jesse during the cast

bad caster pick imo, artosis would of been a better choice
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
July 28 2009 15:20 GMT
#78
Lol!

Firstly -

On July 28 2009 23:57 zEroMiCro wrote:
He dosnt even follow GOM games,


There is video proof of him actually being at many, if not most, of the GomTV Season 3 games.

Secondly-

On July 28 2009 23:57 zEroMiCro wrote:artosis would of been a better choice


Artosis was at E-Stars with Tasteless. Hence the need for a replacement in the first place.
Prannon
Profile Joined July 2009
Korea (South)7 Posts
July 28 2009 15:20 GMT
#79
On July 28 2009 14:06 Manifesto7 wrote:
I'm just wondering how long we have to keep bumping this thread until he finds it.


I found it! I actually checked the original thread, caught a lot of the hate. Sorry for ruining the game for some of you guys. I'm not exactly a social person and I'm not used to public speaking. I admit that I can never fill SDM's or Tasteless' or really any of the other casters' shoes. Also, I am just a casual fan of starcraft. I enjoy watching the game, and I'm not really into the proscene, nor do I follow all of the leagues. (I'm a little more worried about doing a good job as a teacher.) A few months ago I took a serious go of getting good at it, and I played Terran for about a month on Bnet, trying builds, experimenting with macro/micro, all that stuff. I lost a lot of games, won a few, and basically decided that it was more fun to just keep it casual.

Just to set the record straight on what happened, I was in the studio minding my own business, and I was actually gonna make a sign that said "Token White Guy." I was doing that when SDM walks up to me and asks me if I wanna cast with him. Literally, he just asked me that; it was about as spontaneous as it can get. I did what any fan (including all of you HATERS ) would've done. Who wouldn't pass up an opportunity like that? They stuck me in the shirt, put me in the chair, and off we went. I know I'm not a funny person, so I was trying to focus more on explaining the game for more casual viewers (I learned most of what I know about starcraft pro gaming through GOM) based on my relatively limited experiences. I did not get paid, nor do I want to be. To me, it was merely a unique experience that's good for my personal development and an interesting story I can tell a few years down the road.

Now, for the people criticizing GOM: Was it professional? No. Having tried it once, I've decided that I suck at casting and that the viewers would have enjoyed SDM by himself more. Plus, I could've said no after all. I don't intend to do it again either, since I'm rather flustered at my performance. That said, come on. Tasteless is gonna be back next week for the third place game and for the finals, so nobody's future is gonna be ruined here. I'm gonna go on being my casual fan self and won't intrude on the casting anymore.
Well, there you go.
tyreek
Profile Joined June 2009
United States141 Posts
July 28 2009 15:29 GMT
#80
On July 29 2009 00:20 Prannon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 28 2009 14:06 Manifesto7 wrote:
I'm just wondering how long we have to keep bumping this thread until he finds it.


I found it! I actually checked the original thread, caught a lot of the hate. Sorry for ruining the game for some of you guys. I'm not exactly a social person and I'm not used to public speaking. I admit that I can never fill SDM's or Tasteless' or really any of the other casters' shoes. Also, I am just a casual fan of starcraft. I enjoy watching the game, and I'm not really into the proscene, nor do I follow all of the leagues. (I'm a little more worried about doing a good job as a teacher.) A few months ago I took a serious go of getting good at it, and I played Terran for about a month on Bnet, trying builds, experimenting with macro/micro, all that stuff. I lost a lot of games, won a few, and basically decided that it was more fun to just keep it casual.

Just to set the record straight on what happened, I was in the studio minding my own business, and I was actually gonna make a sign that said "Token White Guy." I was doing that when SDM walks up to me and asks me if I wanna cast with him. Literally, he just asked me that; it was about as spontaneous as it can get. I did what any fan (including all of you HATERS ) would've done. Who wouldn't pass up an opportunity like that? They stuck me in the shirt, put me in the chair, and off we went. I know I'm not a funny person, so I was trying to focus more on explaining the game for more casual viewers (I learned most of what I know about starcraft pro gaming through GOM) based on my relatively limited experiences. I did not get paid, nor do I want to be. To me, it was merely a unique experience that's good for my personal development and an interesting story I can tell a few years down the road.

Now, for the people criticizing GOM: Was it professional? No. Having tried it once, I've decided that I suck at casting and that the viewers would have enjoyed SDM by himself more. Plus, I could've said no after all. I don't intend to do it again either, since I'm rather flustered at my performance. That said, come on. Tasteless is gonna be back next week for the third place game and for the finals, so nobody's future is gonna be ruined here. I'm gonna go on being my casual fan self and won't intrude on the casting anymore.


I was entertained with you casting with SDM and I also think that did you fine :p.
STORMMMMMMUUUUUUUUU
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 95
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 462
Bale 36
Dota 2
monkeys_forever469
League of Legends
Doublelift4360
Other Games
summit1g9688
JimRising 507
ViBE245
Livibee188
KnowMe170
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick686
BasetradeTV201
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 115
• Adnapsc2 35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1324
• Shiphtur569
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 21m
Patches Events
14h 21m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 21m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 21m
OSC
22h 21m
OSC
1d 11h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.