• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:28
CEST 06:28
KST 13:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8506 users

Anytime Interview Translation (SPL 1-20-09)

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Neuromancer2.0
Profile Joined August 2006
United States36 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-21 13:15:15
January 21 2009 05:16 GMT
#1
Translated from Chinese
source: http://www.wfbrood.com/xingji/hanguoxingji/xingji_35745.html

This is a quick translation of Anytime's interview after the ACE vs Samsung match. There is also one for Reach on the next page of that site.


-----

The following is a one-on-one chat with the “Death God” Anytime
Q: You won three straight games, finishing the match.
A: Since we have lost the last couple matches, the atmosphere hasn’t been very good, like we lost self-respect. However, after today’s 4:1 victory, we are very happy and I hope that this win will stir up the team.

Q: In the last match with SKT, you won two sets; today you won three.
A: During the first match, I was very nervous. But after winning, I felt a lot of momentum and didn’t feel nervous anymore. It felt like practice. Probably because I was able to show my practice condition that I was able to win.

Q: Today’s match was very steady.
A: There is a little effect from the maps. The first two maps already used up the maps that are good for Protoss. The next maps were all slightly in favor of Terran. Before the match, I thought was only confident on Medusa against Zerg.

Q: Did you think you would end (win) the match?
A: Never. Samsung’s team is very strong. I only wanted to win one set, but luckily on Tau Cross, Jangbi lost a shuttle. I also prepared very hard for the last set’s map.

Q: The 4.5set was very significant.
A: It was very strange. The first two matches were a bit chaotic, accidently losing many units, maybe this is my style during broadcasts. The games had a quick back-and-forth, so both the other player and I made many mistakes.

Q: On Tau Cross, did you make any special preparations against Protoss?
A:Because there were five Protoss players during practice, so I realized many things. The important thing was the opponent losing his shuttle, allowing me to calmly play.

Q: After joining the team (ACE), your results against Zerg haven’t been very good.
A: Before joining ACE, I had a lot of confidence against Zerg, but after joining, for various reasons, I seem to have lost that sense. Recently, I have been trying to develop some counters to Zerg’s management strategy. I have been slowly getting some feeling back. I think I will soon be able to return to my old form.

Q: In the future, hope fans of ACE Anytime will increase.
A: I still have shortcomings in many areas. Recently, the new troops (players) have been practicing very hard. After result from today, we are very happy, but this don’t mean that will be able to beat other teams. However, we will work hard to prepare for every single match.

Q: Are you reminded of the past by this match?
A: I am very nostalgic about the past. Before, our team often was all-killed by others so we were very nervous. Right now, our state of mind is similar. Our three “second-rank troops” (I guess this their military rank) is like are all thinking to ourselves, “Don’t get all-killed” as we stand on stage. We also hope that before our time in ACE ends, someone will be able to complete an all-kill. I believe Reach will be able to accomplish this.

Q: Any final words?
A: Because ACE has continuously lost matches, we haven’t been able to be interviewed. I felt very uncomfortable. Today, we are finally able to get a win, I am very happy.
The older players (“previous generation”) have been putting a lot of effort in helping us practice. I really appreciate them. I would also like to thank the younger players of Lecaf Oz for their help.
Also, no matter win or lose, thanks again to our coach. Recently, our fans have been increasing. We are very happy and thank you for your support. Also, I wish everyone a happy New Year. Thanks.
MuShu
Profile Joined March 2005
United States3223 Posts
January 21 2009 05:24 GMT
#2
Thanks for the translation. I think that it is interesting that Anytime feels that Reach will be the one to accomplish the all-kill. I really hope they get to their goal.
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
January 21 2009 05:29 GMT
#3
On January 21 2009 14:24 MuShu wrote:
Thanks for the translation. I think that it is interesting that Anytime feels that Reach will be the one to accomplish the all-kill. I really hope they get to their goal.

Thanks alot.

The mantoss has powers no mortal can understand. I believe all of ace lifted weights with Reach to prepare.
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
AzureEye
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States1360 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-21 05:36:15
January 21 2009 05:34 GMT
#4
Great interview. Respect Anytime

I'm also very relieved that ACE was able to beat a big name team, they've been losing to so many teams, I thought ACE would get disbanded lol

It also seems that he wants to thank the younger lecaf players...perhaps they've been helping ACE practice because Anytime asked them to?
Terrans who whine: http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=107788
Last Romantic
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States20667 Posts
January 21 2009 05:35 GMT
#5
Nice to see Anytime and I think alike.
ㅋㄲㅈㅁ
Lachrymose
Profile Joined February 2008
Australia1928 Posts
January 21 2009 05:38 GMT
#6
On January 21 2009 14:29 arb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2009 14:24 MuShu wrote:
Thanks for the translation. I think that it is interesting that Anytime feels that Reach will be the one to accomplish the all-kill. I really hope they get to their goal.

Thanks alot.

The mantoss has powers no mortal can understand. I believe all of ace lifted weights with Reach to prepare.


If Reach is lifting weights what are the other guys going to lift?
~
mog87
Profile Joined October 2008
United States1586 Posts
January 21 2009 06:00 GMT
#7
Reach doing an all kill or casy beating 2 protoss in a row...hmmmmm.
Itachii
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Poland12466 Posts
January 21 2009 09:41 GMT
#8
thanks for translation, I always liked this guy
La parole nous a été donnée pour déguiser notre pensée
IntoTheWow
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
is awesome32282 Posts
January 21 2009 10:06 GMT
#9
Always loved anytime, he seems like a down to earth guy.
Moderator<:3-/-<
fw *
Profile Joined April 2003
Korea (South)1201 Posts
January 21 2009 10:08 GMT
#10
运营 [Woon Young] = management
DoX.)
Profile Joined December 2008
Singapore6164 Posts
January 21 2009 10:24 GMT
#11
Sick. Go ACE!
SilverSkyLark
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Philippines8437 Posts
January 21 2009 10:54 GMT
#12
Thanks man!:D
"If i lost an arm, I would play w3." -IntoTheWow || "Member of Hyuk Hyuk Hyuk cafe. He's the next Jaedong, baby!"
wurm
Profile Joined October 2007
Philippines2296 Posts
January 21 2009 12:02 GMT
#13
Great interview. Now I like Anytime even more. :D
I know where my towel is.
isbunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Sweden1017 Posts
January 21 2009 12:14 GMT
#14
great interview and translation as always
KIM TAEK YONG HWAITING!
meegrean
Profile Joined May 2008
Thailand7699 Posts
January 21 2009 12:16 GMT
#15
Hope ACE could get some more underdog wins in the future.
Brood War loyalist
epjx31
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United Kingdom324 Posts
January 21 2009 12:21 GMT
#16
thanks a lot, nice interview!
Mind for OSL!
Neuromancer2.0
Profile Joined August 2006
United States36 Posts
January 21 2009 13:16 GMT
#17
On January 21 2009 19:08 fw wrote:
运营 [Woon Young] = management


Thanks. Is this management as in the late-game "management" zerg?
Tonkerchen
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
680 Posts
January 21 2009 13:51 GMT
#18
I loved Anytime all time
The time is just an illusion... created by mankind... /// Lee Young Ho last Bonjwa on earth! /// «I'll... destroy everyone in 2009. Ok...? Thank you.» - Ma Jae Yoon - Maestro Of Zerg
SkyTheUnknown
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Germany2065 Posts
January 21 2009 14:26 GMT
#19
Anytime is just such a great player. His style, especially his agressive PvZ in earlier days, is awesome. Even nowadays with being an ACE-Member he can pull off some great games.
Also his manners are way above the most progamers, he's friendly and handsome.
I will never forget how he managed to show empathy and to smile after his Loss in the Finals against NaDa.
And now here we have an interview which is just great. Not the usual dumb trashtalk many others are giving off.
The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown - H.P. Lovecraft
LuMiX
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
China5758 Posts
January 21 2009 15:09 GMT
#20
good interview, anytime is a nice guy!
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 248
FoxeR 58
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4594
Leta 1831
ViBE126
Bale 50
Shine 18
Icarus 5
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm209
League of Legends
JimRising 612
Other Games
summit1g8565
WinterStarcraft519
Mew2King31
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick591
BasetradeTV204
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta27
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota250
• swagsyndrome_0
League of Legends
• Lourlo975
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 32m
Patches Events
10h 32m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 32m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 32m
OSC
18h 32m
OSC
1d 7h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.