• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:02
CEST 15:02
KST 22:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)42Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7597 users

[ASL17] Ro8 Preview Pt2: Electrifying

Forum Index > BW General
26 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 All last
prion_
Profile Joined September 2022
80 Posts
April 08 2024 14:51 GMT
#8
Did you write this with ChatGPT? The writeups for each map in Mini vs. SK are almost identical to each other, and the Snow vs. Bisu one isn't much better.
bochs
Profile Joined February 2022
122 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-04-09 01:45:19
April 09 2024 01:42 GMT
#9
On April 08 2024 23:51 prion_ wrote:
Did you write this with ChatGPT? The writeups for each map in Mini vs. SK are almost identical to each other, and the Snow vs. Bisu one isn't much better.


I was just about to say the same lol. Soulkey's ZvP win rate was cited as 65.5% in 3 places, and 54.5% in another place. A human writer wouldn't cite the same fact over and over again, nor make the obvious factual mistake.
namkraft
Profile Blog Joined December 2021
607 Posts
April 09 2024 09:59 GMT
#10
Also are the maps picked in 2nd game correct? They are the same as 1st game, and different from Liquipedia.
(Wiki)AfreecaTV/StarCraft League Remastered/17
Broodwar Forever
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19387 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-04-09 10:36:41
April 09 2024 10:23 GMT
#11
On April 08 2024 23:51 prion_ wrote:
Did you write this with ChatGPT? The writeups for each map in Mini vs. SK are almost identical to each other, and the Snow vs. Bisu one isn't much better.

Lol, yeah. To be clear, I never take any payment for my previews and have hand written every article I’m in for over a decade now. Because this is just the ro8 and a preview which really just needs to includes how they got here, who they play, and what maps, I wanted to run an experiment where I fed it all the correct data from LP and tailored it with a specific format. I honestly wanted it to work out because reading Elo-board is so tough to do since they use their real Korean names/everything is in Korean, and gathering tournament stats takes many hours. But as you can see it didn’t nail it. If I try it again, I might just use it for formatting only, but I will write all the actual content myself.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
qet
Profile Joined May 2007
Australia245 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-04-09 10:37:02
April 09 2024 10:35 GMT
#12
"Expect Bisu to defend tenaciously, gradually seizing control of the map with superior macro management and precise engagements" (didn't happen...)
I don't understand the point of writing about a game before it happens, especially in such imaginary and fictitious detail that its very unlikely to match the actual game when played.
These write-ups were so completely wrong, and so Bisu-biased.
Edit: OK so it was just ChatGPT drivel, now I understand...
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51543 Posts
April 09 2024 10:53 GMT
#13
Its more on me for letting this slip past completely unchecked despite taking the editor credit, there are no excuses that would ever justify the complete oversight in letting this go through.

I can only do better and from here on and ensure that its all human written previews that hype up upcoming matches properly.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19387 Posts
April 09 2024 11:25 GMT
#14
On April 09 2024 19:53 BLinD-RawR wrote:
Its more on me for letting this slip past completely unchecked despite taking the editor credit, there are no excuses that would ever justify the complete oversight in letting this go through.

I can only do better and from here on and ensure that its all human written previews that hype up upcoming matches properly.

Dude, don't beat yourself up on this. There's nothing wrong with us blending tech for previews. There's only been like 4 writers for all BW content for years now. I think we can produce some seriously cool content using tech blended with writing skills. This preview was a great way for us to gather how many people are actually reading the content of the article versus just seeing who's play and when.

Think about it thought, we've spent weeks (months) worth of hours in total writing all the content we have for TL! It's pretty awesome we've been around to do it for so long.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19387 Posts
April 09 2024 11:34 GMT
#15
On April 09 2024 19:35 qet wrote:
"Expect Bisu to defend tenaciously, gradually seizing control of the map with superior macro management and precise engagements" (didn't happen...)
I don't understand the point of writing about a game before it happens, especially in such imaginary and fictitious detail that its very unlikely to match the actual game when played.
These write-ups were so completely wrong, and so Bisu-biased.
Edit: OK so it was just ChatGPT drivel, now I understand...

I let GPT predict the outcomes based on tons of stats. For the Bisu preview I fed all his PvP results from the Kespa and Sonic era too. Then I went to the elo-board and found all the results there. I also went into the KCM thread and got all the results from that thread over the past month. I actually still did an absurd amount of data research for all these players.

What I learned is GPT has a terribly bad memory. I had to repeatedly re-enter data and correct its interpretations. It would properly spit back a page of wiki code in text format, only to give me a wrong answer 10 minutes later. I actually put in the results data for every ASL (17 seasons worth of players, maps, wins/loses, race stats, literally everything) cause I was super excited to have those stats at my disposal. We have to literally research these numbers and do the math every season for the semis/finals for each player which I take pretty seriously when I do this by hand. After spending all these hours I was left with a very defunctory stat machine that kept telling me Jaedong won the most ASLs out of any player.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
TMNT
Profile Joined January 2021
3376 Posts
April 09 2024 13:00 GMT
#16
On April 09 2024 19:23 BisuDagger wrote:
I honestly wanted it to work out because reading Elo-board is so tough to do since they use their real Korean names/everything is in Korean, and gathering tournament stats takes many hours.

Hey. I can help with that. Will paste some stats for the semi pairs in this thread later today.
Flatularissa Fasole
Profile Joined April 2024
2 Posts
April 09 2024 13:23 GMT
#17
--- Nuked ---
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51543 Posts
April 09 2024 13:35 GMT
#18
On April 09 2024 22:00 TMNT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2024 19:23 BisuDagger wrote:
I honestly wanted it to work out because reading Elo-board is so tough to do since they use their real Korean names/everything is in Korean, and gathering tournament stats takes many hours.

Hey. I can help with that. Will paste some stats for the semi pairs in this thread later today.


This, more often than not I use TMNT's compiled data because its just more convenient.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-04-09 14:48:41
April 09 2024 14:19 GMT
#19
Sadly agree on both picks. I wanna see Snow pull through though...dude is mad entertaining to watch.

Edit: Well I wasn't expecting that!
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27426 Posts
April 09 2024 19:34 GMT
#20
On April 09 2024 20:25 BisuDagger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2024 19:53 BLinD-RawR wrote:
Its more on me for letting this slip past completely unchecked despite taking the editor credit, there are no excuses that would ever justify the complete oversight in letting this go through.

I can only do better and from here on and ensure that its all human written previews that hype up upcoming matches properly.

Dude, don't beat yourself up on this. There's nothing wrong with us blending tech for previews. There's only been like 4 writers for all BW content for years now. I think we can produce some seriously cool content using tech blended with writing skills. This preview was a great way for us to gather how many people are actually reading the content of the article versus just seeing who's play and when.

Think about it thought, we've spent weeks (months) worth of hours in total writing all the content we have for TL! It's pretty awesome we've been around to do it for so long.

Hey least you know people actually read your previews usually so noticed!

'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
TMNT
Profile Joined January 2021
3376 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-04-10 00:53:47
April 09 2024 19:56 GMT
#21
+ Show Spoiler +
Hope this helps. Do ask me if you need some specific stats:

[image loading]

Note that the map win rates are for all time. But the players head to head scores are only counted for approx. 6 months, from October 2023, as I think it's more relevant to their recent form.

Individual matchup win rates for each player in the last 6 months, all games (with Proleague only stats in brackets):
Sharp's TvZ: 59.6% (63.2%)
Snow's PvZ: 60.1% (55%)
Hero's ZvT: 51.9% (48.2%)
Soulkey's ZvP: 55.3% (57.5%)
(Sharp's win rate is probably boosted a little bit by him playing in the k league)
WindOw
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Sweden407 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-04-10 00:54:10
April 09 2024 21:40 GMT
#22
+ Show Spoiler +
Rush > herO
SnOw > Bisu
SoulKey > Mini

R04
Sharp > herO
Soulkey > snOw - this one honestly is though call, I think Mini had a better chance to stop Soulkey than SnOw does. I think Soulkey fares better of against players like snOw who are less volatile and more straight forward in their gameplay compared to Mini, kinda bummed out Mini lost even though I predicted it, woulda have been nice to see another PvP.
What do you guys think about soulkey vs snow?

Finals
Soulkey > Sharp
AKA WindOw[InCa] (BW) | TheMisT (SC2) | NaNiwa FC founder
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51543 Posts
April 10 2024 00:56 GMT
#23
Had to spoiler those posts because we don't allow spoilers in news posts
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
Nirli
Profile Joined February 2023
Bulgaria387 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-04-10 03:47:29
April 10 2024 03:47 GMT
#24
Thanks guys, for spoiling the results in a non-spoiler thread, with literally the first post on the new page. Classy.
SerpentFlame
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
418 Posts
April 11 2024 06:07 GMT
#25
On April 09 2024 19:23 BisuDagger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 08 2024 23:51 prion_ wrote:
Did you write this with ChatGPT? The writeups for each map in Mini vs. SK are almost identical to each other, and the Snow vs. Bisu one isn't much better.

Lol, yeah. To be clear, I never take any payment for my previews and have hand written every article I’m in for over a decade now. Because this is just the ro8 and a preview which really just needs to includes how they got here, who they play, and what maps, I wanted to run an experiment where I fed it all the correct data from LP and tailored it with a specific format. I honestly wanted it to work out because reading Elo-board is so tough to do since they use their real Korean names/everything is in Korean, and gathering tournament stats takes many hours. But as you can see it didn’t nail it. If I try it again, I might just use it for formatting only, but I will write all the actual content myself.


Thanks for all your hard work!

As you may know, a lot of folks are probably disappointed in reading GPT content.... I like coming to Teamliquid to talk with humans and read what my fellow humans say. I feel if there's some light GPT editing for grammar and polish, that would be fun to read, but when GPT is generating a lot of the writing, it makes me want to skip these (and I used to look forward to these every set of matches).

I know it's a bunch of hard work to write so much -- but speaking for only myself, I prefer to read fewer human words, rather than more AI words. There's something that feels great about reading what a fellow human truly thinks, rather than what an AI could write for them.

Just my two cents. It's a tough job. Thanks for your hard work over so many years.
I Wannabe[WHITE], the very BeSt[HyO], like Yo Hwan EVER Oz.......
HOLYBATS
Profile Joined August 2021
Turkey846 Posts
April 13 2024 05:19 GMT
#26
On April 10 2024 04:56 TMNT wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Hope this helps. Do ask me if you need some specific stats:

[image loading]

Note that the map win rates are for all time. But the players head to head scores are only counted for approx. 6 months, from October 2023, as I think it's more relevant to their recent form.

Individual matchup win rates for each player in the last 6 months, all games (with Proleague only stats in brackets):
Sharp's TvZ: 59.6% (63.2%)
Snow's PvZ: 60.1% (55%)
Hero's ZvT: 51.9% (48.2%)
Soulkey's ZvP: 55.3% (57.5%)
(Sharp's win rate is probably boosted a little bit by him playing in the k league)

Damn this data really shows it is a coin flip.
mtcn77
Profile Joined September 2013
Turkey729 Posts
April 15 2024 00:37 GMT
#27
I'm spoiled this season. Wrong or not, who would have guessed how these played out? Reverse sweeps and all.
Now it is all the tougher who to root for next. It couldn't be more neck and neck... Honestly rooting for all contending Ro4 pros. Let's go!
Turrican
1 2 All last
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 243
TaKeTV 135
SteadfastSC107
LamboSC253
Rex15
EnkiAlexander 0
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy8
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech147
SteadfastSC 107
LamboSC2 53
Rex 15
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 36522
Shuttle 3012
Horang2 1087
Bisu 931
Jaedong 719
Mini 580
EffOrt 505
Light 428
BeSt 358
firebathero 346
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 314
Soma 304
Stork 258
ggaemo 188
Snow 168
Zeus 166
Rush 157
Last 141
ZerO 141
Pusan 91
Leta 82
hero 78
Killer 60
Sea.KH 60
sorry 54
Sharp 44
Mong 39
Mind 34
Sexy 30
Shinee 29
Aegong 28
Shine 25
Bale 23
ToSsGirL 22
Terrorterran 22
Trap 22
soO 19
PianO 15
Free 15
NotJumperer 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
JulyZerg 9
HiyA 8
Icarus 7
Noble 7
zelot 6
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc4347
qojqva1804
Dendi972
420jenkins85
Fuzer 0
League of Legends
Reynor102
Counter-Strike
x6flipin576
markeloff142
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1988
crisheroes1011
XaKoH 163
Other Games
gofns37405
singsing2160
olofmeister1355
B2W.Neo865
Mlord233
DeMusliM206
Livibee193
Mew2King113
ArmadaUGS95
QueenE75
Hui .38
Liquid`VortiX21
Chillindude17
Railgan11
ZerO(Twitch)11
fpsfer 0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream145
StarCraft 2
ComeBackTV 9
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 69
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1599
League of Legends
• Jankos2188
• TFBlade629
Other Games
• WagamamaTV197
Upcoming Events
OSC
10h 58m
Stellar Fest
23h 58m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 20h
Online Event
1d 21h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.