• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:31
CEST 08:31
KST 15:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8669 users

Scan & Nyoken to community cast ASL - Page 9

Forum Index > BW General
224 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All
RWLabs
Profile Joined March 2017
Korea (South)273 Posts
April 04 2021 23:24 GMT
#161
On April 04 2021 15:45 ggsimida wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2021 15:38 RWLabs wrote:
I feel like by the time Ro. 24 is over most people will either have watched the games already or wouldn't care to.

But whatever they think is best, I suppose.


people literally paid $10k+ for them, you think they won't watch lol?

There's a portion of the audience that specifically want to watch Tatosis casts even if they're spoiled on the results. Then there's others that like Tatosis but are primarily excited about the tournament itself, and will watch the games via the Korean or Scan/Nyoken cast instead of waiting for weeks.

I don't know if Afreeca isn't providing replays until Ro. 24 is over, but this seems like an unnecessary way to fragment your viewership.
Aldaris was the good guy of Brood War.
TT1
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada10090 Posts
April 04 2021 23:54 GMT
#162
wish we had gyp on the analyst desk
ab = tl(i) + tl(pc), the grand answer to every tl.net debate
ggsimida
Profile Joined August 2015
1156 Posts
April 05 2021 01:05 GMT
#163
On April 05 2021 08:24 RWLabs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2021 15:45 ggsimida wrote:
On April 04 2021 15:38 RWLabs wrote:
I feel like by the time Ro. 24 is over most people will either have watched the games already or wouldn't care to.

But whatever they think is best, I suppose.


people literally paid $10k+ for them, you think they won't watch lol?

There's a portion of the audience that specifically want to watch Tatosis casts even if they're spoiled on the results. Then there's others that like Tatosis but are primarily excited about the tournament itself, and will watch the games via the Korean or Scan/Nyoken cast instead of waiting for weeks.

I don't know if Afreeca isn't providing replays until Ro. 24 is over, but this seems like an unnecessary way to fragment your viewership.


if they paid 10k for it it means they love their product so much that they are going to watch regardless of results anyway. the latter ones u mention are most likely the minority.

yes its a shame that tastosis are not streaming it live, but having more caster choices is always welcome so the negative perception of fragmenting is unnecessary.
RWLabs
Profile Joined March 2017
Korea (South)273 Posts
April 05 2021 01:19 GMT
#164
Hard to say who's the minority, but I certainly am the latter so I suppose I'll stick to Korean VODs. Either way, I've derailed the thread enough.

Hope the Tatosis cast is good
Aldaris was the good guy of Brood War.
prosatan
Profile Joined September 2009
Romania9386 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-04-05 12:33:55
April 05 2021 12:33 GMT
#165
On April 05 2021 00:49 KwarK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2021 23:21 ExpatRights wrote:
Tastosis releasing weeks old Vods of their cast doesn't do it for any fans who want to stay on top, not get spoiled, etc. It's a shame they need 10k to do what used to be their big passion...

It’s their job. Whether it’s still their passion or not, they deserve to get paid.

Agree 100%!

I will watch live games with Scan and Nyoken and still watch Tastosis too, even if I know the results.

I follow the results closely to stay on top of the LB haha
Lee JaeDong Fighting! The only church that illuminates is the one that burns.
HaFnium
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United Kingdom1078 Posts
April 05 2021 14:30 GMT
#166
Feel that the cast is getting better and better.
Some technical issues with the group C but really enjoyed that!
BW forever!
Cruiser0929
Profile Joined December 2019
516 Posts
April 06 2021 05:40 GMT
#167
Hello, friends! A new video has been uploaded on StarCastTV!
Today, a video of the ASL S11 Ro.24 Group C match in English will be uploaded to the channel.
Caster is Scan and Nyoken!
thanks for watching.

If you enjoyed it, please subscribe and like!
And please write comments for Caster who is trying hard for Starcraft fans!

Your support will greatly help StarCastTV produce better content and increase production value.
Support us on Patreon : https://www.patreon.com/starcasttv

PhilGood2DaY
Profile Joined September 2005
Germany7424 Posts
April 06 2021 10:14 GMT
#168
no offense at all to Scan but I truly hope he makes it as fas as possible.. because for me personally gyp and nyoken are basically the best foreign casters together only rivaled by tastosis imho

that being said I doubt Scan makes it out of his group. tough group.. very tough
hatred outlives the hateful
ZZZero.O
Profile Joined July 2011
Poland1624 Posts
April 06 2021 11:32 GMT
#169
Nyoken and Gypsy are casting today !

https://play.afreecatv.com/dth03119/232250869#n
https://www.patreon.com/Bombastic || https://liquipedia.net/starcraft/Bombastic_StarLeague || https://linktr.ee/bombastic
True_Spike
Profile Joined July 2004
Poland3434 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-04-06 12:00:10
April 06 2021 11:37 GMT
#170
I like the commentary a lot, but I can't hear game music / game sounds *at all*. Stream loses a lot because of it.

Scan vs Ssak is pretty amazing. Even if Scan loses his display was very, very impressive.
M3t4PhYzX
Profile Joined March 2019
Poland4290 Posts
April 06 2021 12:05 GMT
#171
On April 06 2021 20:37 True_Spike wrote:
I like the commentary a lot, but I can't hear game music / game sounds *at all*. Stream loses a lot because of it.

Scan vs Ssak is pretty amazing. Even if Scan loses his display was very, very impressive.

agree, game sounds at least would be great

love the cast anyways, thanks guys
nyoken
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
United States102 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-04-06 13:06:33
April 06 2021 12:57 GMT
#172
I asked in chat if the sounds were fine and everyone said yes so I guess next time I will try to boost them. I don't control the game sounds, so I would have to boost specifically when the game starts.
Ikirouta
Profile Blog Joined November 2017
Finland747 Posts
April 06 2021 13:42 GMT
#173
On April 06 2021 21:57 nyoken wrote:
I asked in chat if the sounds were fine and everyone said yes so I guess next time I will try to boost them. I don't control the game sounds, so I would have to boost specifically when the game starts.


Sound was fine today imo. I think its just personal preference.
Pusan fan #1, bad sair/reaver enthuisiast. twitch.tv/ikirouta
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19391 Posts
April 06 2021 15:16 GMT
#174
On April 06 2021 21:57 nyoken wrote:
I asked in chat if the sounds were fine and everyone said yes so I guess next time I will try to boost them. I don't control the game sounds, so I would have to boost specifically when the game starts.

I think we’d get more out of the cast if you made more game sounds with your mouth, especially during long TvTs. After five base versus five base, actual words should be banned.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
ox.tQ
Profile Joined November 2010
800 Posts
April 06 2021 16:00 GMT
#175
Great cast, thank you very much.
https://www.twitch.tv/TeamThinkQuickTTV *** https://trovo.live/TeamThinkQuickTTV *** https://play.afreecatv.com/axtqttv
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
April 06 2021 16:45 GMT
#176
I haven't had a chance to watch the latest cast but enjoyed the first two casts quite a bit. I think if you guys added a camera overlay then it'll make the cast seem even more personable since it won't be voices over a stream lol, but if not, it's great as is. Well done so far.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Cruiser0929
Profile Joined December 2019
516 Posts
April 09 2021 00:55 GMT
#177
Hello, friends! A new video has been uploaded on StarCastTV!
Today, a video of the ASL S11 Ro.24 Group D match in English will be uploaded to the channel.
Caster is Nyoken and Gypsy!
thanks for watching.

If you enjoyed it, please subscribe and like!
And please write comments for Caster who is trying hard for Starcraft fans!

Your support will greatly help StarCastTV produce better content and increase production value.
Support us on Patreon : https://www.patreon.com/starcasttv



Please watch ASL11 English Cast live and support the official continuation of the English cast!
I hope that many English viewers will watch ASL11 English live so they will realize the need for an English cast service.
Link: https://bj.afreecatv.com/dth03119
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44361 Posts
April 09 2021 01:48 GMT
#178
Watching, thank you.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
martoto088
Profile Joined August 2020
32 Posts
April 11 2021 12:20 GMT
#179
On April 09 2021 09:55 Cruiser0929 wrote:
Please watch ASL11 English Cast live and support the official continuation of the English cast!
I hope that many English viewers will watch ASL11 English live so they will realize the need for an English cast service.
Link: https://bj.afreecatv.com/dth03119


English cast is a tortune. It crashes every 30 seconds.
Instead supporting Afreeca and the english cast, better Afreeca support us by upgrading their servers.

Afreeca cancels english cast, because of low viewers. You don't say, Sherlok. What a surprise nobody watched, when your streams are unwatchable.
Improvement
Profile Joined March 2003
203 Posts
April 11 2021 13:15 GMT
#180
Why did the English VODs just disappear from Afreeca for today's group?
Hmm
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2287
GuemChi 601
Leta 156
Bale 36
ajuk12(nOOB) 22
Noble 17
sSak 12
Icarus 10
Dota 2
febbydoto28
League of Legends
JimRising 621
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King155
Other Games
summit1g8165
C9.Mang0261
Happy258
Sick146
ceh9120
ViBE87
Trikslyr28
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick468
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter147
• killerbeecast5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2208
League of Legends
• Lourlo1155
• Stunt457
Other Games
• Shiphtur495
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
4h 29m
Patches Events
9h 29m
The PondCast
1d 3h
INu's Battles
1d 4h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.