• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:27
CEST 19:27
KST 02:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War255.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8693 users

Saying Goodbye to ASL English - Page last

Forum Index > BW General
744 CommentsPost a Reply
1 33 34 35 36 37 38 All last
bracala
Profile Joined August 2019
95 Posts
March 24 2021 06:49 GMT
#726
On March 24 2021 08:41 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2021 08:03 Piste wrote:
Awesome to have Artosis and Tasteless cast the ASL. I hope Afreeca can agree to let VODs come out sooner in the future if not even find a solution to have live coverage back.

I mostly watch VODs, but when I'm able to see live casts it feels more magical.

Nyoken is an awesome caster as well, but ASL is Tastosis' field

Live coverage (clean stream) is freely available for everyone who isn't partnered with Twitch basically so that has nothing to do with Afreeca IMO. Let's not go down the villain track once again.

"ASL is Tastosis' field" eh... there are 2 high level players willing to live cast for free while 2 professional casters are only willing to upload VODs weeks later and only for money, at this point I feel the cult of personality can sustain the latter while the former can blossom, let's not definitively say who owns what when there are multiple options



They would cast ASL anyway patreon or not. They allready told in stream if anyone can and feel to contribute via patron they are welcome. Again for hundred times Nyoken and Scan are great players and casters but Tastosis is better for 90% BW watchers and thats the fact.
Sabu113
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States11110 Posts
March 24 2021 07:36 GMT
#727
I like both pairs. I’m in the patreon because I want tastosis to stay and Korea and keep it up. That said I enjoyed nyokens work on cruisers channel immensely. Starcast tv has been great. Flashftw has been doing a fantastic job.

Would love a scenario where one group does astl.almost have too much Starcraft again with saiyansc. Glad we have this community.
Biomine is a drunken chick who is on industrial strength amphetamines and would just grab your dick and jerk it as hard and violently as she could while screaming 'OMG FUCK ME', because she saw it in a Sasha Grey video ...-Wombat_Ni
sneakyfox
Profile Joined January 2017
8218 Posts
March 24 2021 07:45 GMT
#728
This is hitting $10k per month soon. Don't know what Afreeca's costs were running the English cast but it's getting hard to believe that it wouldn't be perfectly feasible for Afreeca to take over the patreon and bring back the cast. Even if the patreon will inevitably contract a bit later on.
"I saw what sneakyfox wrote on TL.net and it made me furious" - PartinG
Kaolla
Profile Joined January 2003
China2999 Posts
March 24 2021 07:52 GMT
#729
On March 24 2021 15:49 bracala wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2021 08:41 Jealous wrote:
On March 24 2021 08:03 Piste wrote:
Awesome to have Artosis and Tasteless cast the ASL. I hope Afreeca can agree to let VODs come out sooner in the future if not even find a solution to have live coverage back.

I mostly watch VODs, but when I'm able to see live casts it feels more magical.

Nyoken is an awesome caster as well, but ASL is Tastosis' field

Live coverage (clean stream) is freely available for everyone who isn't partnered with Twitch basically so that has nothing to do with Afreeca IMO. Let's not go down the villain track once again.

"ASL is Tastosis' field" eh... there are 2 high level players willing to live cast for free while 2 professional casters are only willing to upload VODs weeks later and only for money, at this point I feel the cult of personality can sustain the latter while the former can blossom, let's not definitively say who owns what when there are multiple options



They would cast ASL anyway patreon or not. They allready told in stream if anyone can and feel to contribute via patron they are welcome. Again for hundred times Nyoken and Scan are great players and casters but Tastosis is better for 90% BW watchers and thats the fact.


The next one, yes, but Artosis also already mentioned if there was no money to be earned, they would just stop after next season of ASL. So money definitely does play a role, without good support or opportunities to make money from it, they would be out (makes sense I'd say, I think most of us don't like the idea of doing work for free and they are casting professionally so I can fully imagine it's no longer something like a hobby to them).

Anyway, as mentioned, it's great we have 2 pairs of casters now and great that the VODs will be on Youtube (this might be the biggest thing for me). Hope I'll be able to catch some of Scan/Nyoken's casts too though, as I would be interested in hearing them, but Afreeca is blocked in China, so I fear that is probably gonna be hard. Also hope these efforts do lead to keeping the scene alive outside of Korea.

its me
bracala
Profile Joined August 2019
95 Posts
March 24 2021 08:01 GMT
#730
On March 24 2021 16:52 Kaolla wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2021 15:49 bracala wrote:
On March 24 2021 08:41 Jealous wrote:
On March 24 2021 08:03 Piste wrote:
Awesome to have Artosis and Tasteless cast the ASL. I hope Afreeca can agree to let VODs come out sooner in the future if not even find a solution to have live coverage back.

I mostly watch VODs, but when I'm able to see live casts it feels more magical.

Nyoken is an awesome caster as well, but ASL is Tastosis' field

Live coverage (clean stream) is freely available for everyone who isn't partnered with Twitch basically so that has nothing to do with Afreeca IMO. Let's not go down the villain track once again.

"ASL is Tastosis' field" eh... there are 2 high level players willing to live cast for free while 2 professional casters are only willing to upload VODs weeks later and only for money, at this point I feel the cult of personality can sustain the latter while the former can blossom, let's not definitively say who owns what when there are multiple options



They would cast ASL anyway patreon or not. They allready told in stream if anyone can and feel to contribute via patron they are welcome. Again for hundred times Nyoken and Scan are great players and casters but Tastosis is better for 90% BW watchers and thats the fact.


The next one, yes, but Artosis also already mentioned if there was no money to be earned, they would just stop after next season of ASL. So money definitely does play a role, without good support or opportunities to make money from it, they would be out (makes sense I'd say, I think most of us don't like the idea of doing work for free and they are casting professionally so I can fully imagine it's no longer something like a hobby to them).

Anyway, as mentioned, it's great we have 2 pairs of casters now and great that the VODs will be on Youtube (this might be the biggest thing for me). Hope I'll be able to catch some of Scan/Nyoken's casts too though, as I would be interested in hearing them, but Afreeca is blocked in China, so I fear that is probably gonna be hard. Also hope these efforts do lead to keeping the scene alive outside of Korea.



Imagine current job you working professional for 10+ years and you love the job. You got dismissal at work...No matter how you liked that job would you continue do it for free? Anyway good to have more casters doing ASL,we should be thankful. I donated to patreon and me personaly will wait for Tastosis VODs,but im sure Nyoken and Scan will do great job too.
Piste
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
6184 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-03-24 08:55:07
March 24 2021 08:40 GMT
#731
On March 24 2021 08:41 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2021 08:03 Piste wrote:
Awesome to have Artosis and Tasteless cast the ASL. I hope Afreeca can agree to let VODs come out sooner in the future if not even find a solution to have live coverage back.

I mostly watch VODs, but when I'm able to see live casts it feels more magical.

Nyoken is an awesome caster as well, but ASL is Tastosis' field

Live coverage (clean stream) is freely available for everyone who isn't partnered with Twitch basically so that has nothing to do with Afreeca IMO. Let's not go down the villain track once again.

"ASL is Tastosis' field" eh... there are 2 high level players willing to live cast for free while 2 professional casters are only willing to upload VODs weeks later and only for money, at this point I feel the cult of personality can sustain the latter while the former can blossom, let's not definitively say who owns what when there are multiple options


Well I definitely didn't mean that Tasteless and Artosis owns ASL english broadcasting. You are free to watch whoever you want but there is no need for judging Tasteless, Artosis or their supporters. I am sorry if you felt like I was accusing Afreeca. I was not. I am aware Tastosis cannot stream throught their platform becouse of their twitch partnership.

Artosis already stated that they are doing the next ASL no matter how the patreon goes, so you are not right about that they would do it only for money.

They are professional casters. People are willing to chip in not only for the quality they provide, but to have certainty that they will get to see the casts. I also love how Tasteless and Artosis are bringing in new people to the scene. That is how the game lives longer.

Starcast TV has their own patreon as well. I watch their casts as well but I do not watch anything on afreeca as the platform does not work properly for me.
Timebon3s
Profile Joined May 2018
Norway772 Posts
March 24 2021 09:03 GMT
#732
I’m gonna watch Starcast if I get the chance to watch it live, and tastosis if not. Really looking forward to Nyoken and Scan as well.
I also think the Patreon is a good way to show Korea that foreigners do care about bw.
It doesn’t have to be one or the other, and 5/10$ a month is not much to pay considering what they have done for the scene.
BlueStar
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
Bulgaria1177 Posts
March 24 2021 09:17 GMT
#733
Can someone give a link to nyoken + scan patreon page?

I'd save my testosis money for the next season if they continue doing it and if they really provide something that worth it.

With the attitude from all sides, I'd gladly donate to Nyoken and Scan's deeds.
Leader of the Bulgarian National SCBW/SC2 team and team pSi.SCBW/SC2
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10395 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-03-24 13:02:30
March 24 2021 13:01 GMT
#734
On March 24 2021 15:49 bracala wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2021 08:41 Jealous wrote:
On March 24 2021 08:03 Piste wrote:
Awesome to have Artosis and Tasteless cast the ASL. I hope Afreeca can agree to let VODs come out sooner in the future if not even find a solution to have live coverage back.

I mostly watch VODs, but when I'm able to see live casts it feels more magical.

Nyoken is an awesome caster as well, but ASL is Tastosis' field

Live coverage (clean stream) is freely available for everyone who isn't partnered with Twitch basically so that has nothing to do with Afreeca IMO. Let's not go down the villain track once again.

"ASL is Tastosis' field" eh... there are 2 high level players willing to live cast for free while 2 professional casters are only willing to upload VODs weeks later and only for money, at this point I feel the cult of personality can sustain the latter while the former can blossom, let's not definitively say who owns what when there are multiple options



They would cast ASL anyway patreon or not. They allready told in stream if anyone can and feel to contribute via patron they are welcome. Again for hundred times Nyoken and Scan are great players and casters but Tastosis is better for 90% BW watchers and thats the fact.

Yet another person trying to shove their opinion and/or made-up numbers as "fact," I'll pass on the bait this time thank you.

On March 24 2021 18:17 BlueStar wrote:
Can someone give a link to nyoken + scan patreon page?

I'd save my testosis money for the next season if they continue doing it and if they really provide something that worth it.

With the attitude from all sides, I'd gladly donate to Nyoken and Scan's deeds.

I am actually unsure if they have their own Patreon page but I would suggest asking in this thread:

https://tl.net/forum/brood-war/570663-scan-and-nyoken-to-community-cast-asl
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Freezard
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Sweden1031 Posts
March 24 2021 13:48 GMT
#735
This is really cool but the fact that they will upload the matches after each stage (so probably a month after the groups?) is disappointing, wish it was like one week after instead.
bracala
Profile Joined August 2019
95 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-03-24 14:46:07
March 24 2021 14:45 GMT
#736
@Jealous LOL get a life dude,chill. Im willing to open patreon so people can donate to you too,just relax. Correction not 90%,99% BW watchers think Tastosis is better then Nyoken and Scan
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27463 Posts
March 24 2021 15:39 GMT
#737
I’m a bit disappointed that there wasn’t a mention of the Nyoken/Scan cast on Artosis’ ASL plan video, presumably not everyone is aware they’re doing it and some would have been interested in tuning in or supporting.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51623 Posts
March 24 2021 16:55 GMT
#738
On March 24 2021 23:45 bracala wrote:
@Jealous LOL get a life dude,chill. Im willing to open patreon so people can donate to you too,just relax. Correction not 90%,99% BW watchers think Tastosis is better then Nyoken and Scan

Citation needed.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
RedBelPepper
Profile Joined April 2019
1 Post
March 24 2021 17:24 GMT
#739
rip
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-03-24 17:28:58
March 24 2021 17:27 GMT
#740
On March 24 2021 18:17 BlueStar wrote:
Can someone give a link to nyoken + scan patreon page?

I'd save my testosis money for the next season if they continue doing it and if they really provide something that worth it.

With the attitude from all sides, I'd gladly donate to Nyoken and Scan's deeds.



StarcastTV itself appears to have a (largely neglected) Patreon that their Youtube videos link to.

https://www.patreon.com/starcasttv
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-03-24 17:43:36
March 24 2021 17:41 GMT
#741
I now look forward to watching 2 pairs of English casters, says a lot when the threat of English ASL stopping ends up doubling the amount of English commentary.
I can take that responsibility.
ox.tQ
Profile Joined November 2010
800 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-03-24 20:02:08
March 24 2021 20:00 GMT
#742
Big shout out also to those who have been morally and/or financially supporting the foreign BW scene as a whole in all its elements (i.e, events, organizers, players, streamers, casters, mappers, etc.). You know who you are <3
https://www.twitch.tv/TeamThinkQuickTTV *** https://trovo.live/TeamThinkQuickTTV *** https://play.afreecatv.com/axtqttv
[sc1f]eonzerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Belgium7176 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-03-24 23:47:51
March 24 2021 21:44 GMT
#743
This thread served its purpose. They said good bye to the english cast in the studio made by Tastosis. They run it for 10 seasons and they did a great job.
We are making a mistake by doing a fight of Scan+ nyoken vs Tastosis. Afterall Scan + nyoken are going to bring an excellent knowledge live cast on the afreeca stream from now on.I think the hard core Broodwar fans are going to be happy with this combo.

Tastosis has a huge fan base well earned. They risked it all by going to Korea without a secure plan to make a career of Starcraft-They made it they are profesionals casters.The most logical is they get Paid for their job. If you hate the sucess of this stellar combo or something cuz they earn their money by doing what they love thats on you.In the end Artosis have family and many kids to take care about.He doesnt have time to feed trolls on forums.They will bring (i hope) the same cast of the last 10 ASL season now by vods only. Honestly i think it sucks that the vods are coming 2 weeks later. Lets hope they get early tbh..All in all The community wins. Live casting by NYOCAN + vods by Tastosis. Pick what fit you best -
BlueStar
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
Bulgaria1177 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-03-25 10:53:04
March 25 2021 09:17 GMT
#744
On March 25 2021 02:27 thedeadhaji wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2021 18:17 BlueStar wrote:
Can someone give a link to nyoken + scan patreon page?

I'd save my testosis money for the next season if they continue doing it and if they really provide something that worth it.

With the attitude from all sides, I'd gladly donate to Nyoken and Scan's deeds.



StarcastTV itself appears to have a (largely neglected) Patreon that their Youtube videos link to.

https://www.patreon.com/starcasttv


Thanks for sharing!

edit:
Did a donation.
It would be cool to have an update to the patreon page.
Will check for this one in the other thread Jealous shared.
Leader of the Bulgarian National SCBW/SC2 team and team pSi.SCBW/SC2
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-03-25 20:07:27
March 25 2021 20:06 GMT
#745
This thread has run its course. For anyone who wants to support the patreon, here's the link: https://www.patreon.com/ASLenglish/
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
1 33 34 35 36 37 38 All last
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 373
ProTech137
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25765
Calm 4884
Light 172
Barracks 105
Free 100
910 98
Zeus 82
Mind 79
Trap 43
soO 29
[ Show more ]
Aegong 25
ToSsGirL 24
Rock 23
Sexy 15
Sacsri 8
Noble 8
Dota 2
Gorgc9279
XaKoH 363
Counter-Strike
fl0m5692
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby1567
Other Games
singsing2015
FrodaN685
B2W.Neo582
Beastyqt567
mouzStarbuck280
crisheroes276
Livibee186
Hui .165
C9.Mang0133
RotterdaM121
KnowMe95
Trikslyr84
QueenE71
edward25
BRAT_OK 20
MindelVK7
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Dystopia_ 18
• Adnapsc2 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix9
• Michael_bg 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2557
Other Games
• Shiphtur811
• imaqtpie260
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 33m
Big Brain Bouts
16h 33m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
23h 33m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 1h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 16h
Patches Events
1d 21h
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.