• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:01
CEST 22:01
KST 05:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8109 users

JY's Replay & Talkshow Series - Page 2

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
M3t4PhYzX
Profile Joined March 2019
Poland4289 Posts
December 23 2020 18:52 GMT
#21
that's a very cool initiative, indeed

much needed on the scene I feel like

big thatnks, JY for doing this! Cheers.
JieXian
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Malaysia4677 Posts
December 24 2020 11:21 GMT
#22
looking forward to this! will probably catch this on youtube due to timezone issues
Please send me a PM of any song you like that I most probably never heard of! I am looking for people to chat about writing and producing music | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noD-bsOcxuU |
Jaeyun
Profile Joined June 2017
United States202 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-01-03 05:39:41
January 03 2021 05:38 GMT
#23
Here's the YouTube link for those who missed it:


Thanks all for tuning in. Upon hearing some feedback, we may try to keep the next two episodes more focused on the educational content, and answering questions that are relevant to the discussed matchup. This will help keep the flow of content more focused as I felt we got a little rushed as we went towards the questions. We'll also try to answer questions live during the stream to keep things a little more interactive.

As for general questions (not matchup specific), we may reserve those for a separate segment in the future, designed to be less educational and more talkshow-esque potentially with one or two more guests.
www.twitch.tv/jaeyun
Jaeyun
Profile Joined June 2017
United States202 Posts
January 11 2021 02:17 GMT
#24
Youtube Link for Episode #2!
www.twitch.tv/jaeyun
Alejandrisha
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6566 Posts
January 11 2021 03:16 GMT
#25
good stuff!
get rich or die mining
TL+ Member
JieXian
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Malaysia4677 Posts
January 11 2021 10:39 GMT
#26
On January 11 2021 11:17 Jaeyun wrote:
Youtube Link for Episode #2!
https://youtu.be/ZYb6K8xeiZI

Looking forward to watching it later, thank you!
Please send me a PM of any song you like that I most probably never heard of! I am looking for people to chat about writing and producing music | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noD-bsOcxuU |
Akio
Profile Blog Joined January 2019
Finland1838 Posts
January 11 2021 11:19 GMT
#27
On December 23 2020 11:07 FyRe_DragOn wrote:
looks good! Except I thought JY was a protoss player..? what makes this guy think hes qualified to teach zerg man...

Haha deep cut
Mine gas, build tanks.
Akio
Profile Blog Joined January 2019
Finland1838 Posts
January 11 2021 14:45 GMT
#28
I honestly can't wait, will be sure to watch every VOD
Mine gas, build tanks.
JieXian
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Malaysia4677 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-01-13 11:25:40
January 13 2021 08:45 GMT
#29
RE (timestamped): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYb6K8xeiZI&t=5389

Is TvZ really the most imbalanced? Stryker quoted the stats of Polypoid but the stats on other maps aren't so skewed. I was under the impression that it was not that bad and ZvP was worse.

EDIT: I suppose the stats on sponbbang agrees with what you all were saying. I didn't know that
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://sponbbang.com/
Please send me a PM of any song you like that I most probably never heard of! I am looking for people to chat about writing and producing music | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noD-bsOcxuU |
Jaeyun
Profile Joined June 2017
United States202 Posts
January 13 2021 22:21 GMT
#30
On January 13 2021 17:45 JieXian wrote:
RE (timestamped): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYb6K8xeiZI&t=5389

Is TvZ really the most imbalanced? Stryker quoted the stats of Polypoid but the stats on other maps aren't so skewed. I was under the impression that it was not that bad and ZvP was worse.

EDIT: I suppose the stats on sponbbang agrees with what you all were saying. I didn't know that
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://sponbbang.com/


Yeah, they're both notably slightly imbalanced though you'll probably see variable results depending on which time periods you select.

One statistic I do look at is the impact of Flash in the matchup when looking at specific eras or month ranges. Remove Flash, and see what it is. Probably gives you a better sense of the real TvP and TvZ WR's when assessing map statistics.
www.twitch.tv/jaeyun
JieXian
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Malaysia4677 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-01-14 08:25:30
January 14 2021 08:14 GMT
#31
On January 14 2021 07:21 Jaeyun wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2021 17:45 JieXian wrote:
RE (timestamped): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYb6K8xeiZI&t=5389

Is TvZ really the most imbalanced? Stryker quoted the stats of Polypoid but the stats on other maps aren't so skewed. I was under the impression that it was not that bad and ZvP was worse.

EDIT: I suppose the stats on sponbbang agrees with what you all were saying. I didn't know that
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://sponbbang.com/


Yeah, they're both notably slightly imbalanced though you'll probably see variable results depending on which time periods you select.

One statistic I do look at is the impact of Flash in the matchup when looking at specific eras or month ranges. Remove Flash, and see what it is. Probably gives you a better sense of the real TvP and TvZ WR's when assessing map statistics.

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking about the Flash effect too and I have attempted to remove his effect from the statistics. Am I doing this correctly? I don't understand Korean.
[image loading]
At least ZvP and TvZ being almost equal makes more sense than before. The PvT stats are very surprising to me (48.6%) :o

Thank you for hosting this series, I learnt a lot!
Please send me a PM of any song you like that I most probably never heard of! I am looking for people to chat about writing and producing music | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noD-bsOcxuU |
Jaeyun
Profile Joined June 2017
United States202 Posts
January 19 2021 19:26 GMT
#32


Episode 3 is up! That concludes our Zerg series. I'll be taking a few weeks to think through what we might do next, whether it's more educational content with new/more guests, or more fun talk-show type stuff.

Huge thanks to all your support - shoutout to CamoDaz, dex, and L3gendaryz for your donations
www.twitch.tv/jaeyun
SuGo
Profile Joined March 2013
United States681 Posts
January 19 2021 20:11 GMT
#33
Nice series, good job guys.
Alejandrisha
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6566 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-01-23 05:20:52
January 23 2021 05:20 GMT
#34
are you planning on doing more episodes ?
edit: nvm. this was the plan. anyway... hope u do more ..?
get rich or die mining
TL+ Member
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 931
SteadfastSC562
EnkiAlexander 68
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 562
ZombieGrub97
JuggernautJason63
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 24509
Soulkey 272
Mini 145
White-Ra 117
ToSsGirL 23
NotJumperer 21
Trap 21
Shine 19
League of Legends
Doublelift606
Counter-Strike
fl0m1350
shoxiejesuss704
C9.Mang0169
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King99
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2508
Liquid`Hasu1968
Other Games
Grubby2823
ArmadaUGS1010
B2W.Neo561
Pyrionflax178
shahzam85
UpATreeSC78
Chillindude63
Dewaltoss54
Trikslyr49
Railgan21
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV190
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream107
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 8
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 35
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV305
League of Legends
• TFBlade1034
• Noizen277
Other Games
• imaqtpie1139
• Scarra791
• Shiphtur297
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
13h 59m
OSC
16h 59m
Stellar Fest
16h 59m
OSC
1d 3h
Stellar Fest
1d 16h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.