• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:31
CEST 17:31
KST 00:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)56Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7822 users

OGN Reported to Close at End of 2020

Forum Index > BW General
95 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12057 Posts
November 25 2020 10:43 GMT
#1
I guess this doesn't affect us as much given they probably would've never done anymore Broodwar content anyway, but this is still a huge kick.



OGN and their broadcasts got me into Broodwar. The first game of BW I ever saw was the Incruit OSL finals and all of their proleague matches they showed were all amazing.

Everything I do now with BW was directly inspired by OGN and MBC's work on Proleague. I watched I believe every single proleague match from 2009-2011. Amazing production and did so much to support the game we all love.
Facebook Twitter Reddit
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51545 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-11-25 10:50:21
November 25 2020 10:49 GMT
#2
time to archive all the OGN footage we can find.

what happens to their entire tape library in the case of closure? what happened to MBC's tape library?
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
Ziggy
Profile Blog Joined June 2013
South Korea2107 Posts
November 25 2020 10:58 GMT
#3
yay
WriterDefeating a sandwich only makes it tastier. @imjustziggy
att
Profile Joined March 2020
128 Posts
November 25 2020 11:24 GMT
#4
Whats going on guys? I mean esports is doing great,LoL is huge in korea, as well as other sports.Is Afreeca really outcompeting OGN for these events? I mean if i had the chance to watch gaming on TV i would go for it for sure, instead of watching it through a video stream online.
Wolf
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Korea (South)3290 Posts
November 25 2020 11:28 GMT
#5
I don't imagine they will delete all their footage, but I've archived some of my favorite moments already so I can rewatch them whenever I like.
Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/proxywolf
TL+ Member
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51545 Posts
November 25 2020 11:38 GMT
#6
I agree they wouldn't actually delete their footage, however would they release it to the public? I heard MBCGame has released their archived footage eventually, but I can't seem to find it.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
BlueStar
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
Bulgaria1177 Posts
November 25 2020 12:50 GMT
#7
On November 25 2020 20:38 BLinD-RawR wrote:
I agree they wouldn't actually delete their footage, however would they release it to the public? I heard MBCGame has released their archived footage eventually, but I can't seem to find it.


I'd be even more interested in releasing archived replays.

--Dreaming out loud--
Leader of the Bulgarian National SCBW/SC2 team and team pSi.SCBW/SC2
EmoBacon
Profile Blog Joined February 2018
41 Posts
November 25 2020 13:27 GMT
#8
On November 25 2020 21:50 BlueStar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2020 20:38 BLinD-RawR wrote:
I agree they wouldn't actually delete their footage, however would they release it to the public? I heard MBCGame has released their archived footage eventually, but I can't seem to find it.


I'd be even more interested in releasing archived replays.

--Dreaming out loud--

if this happened i would be so happy
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33704 Posts
November 25 2020 13:40 GMT
#9
It seemed inevitable once Blizzard and Riot took their esports in house, but it's still shocking to see a once-titan fall like this. Adapt or die applied to everyone, I guess.
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
FaerskFisk
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden9 Posts
November 25 2020 13:43 GMT
#10
On November 25 2020 20:24 att wrote:
Whats going on guys? I mean esports is doing great,LoL is huge in korea, as well as other sports.Is Afreeca really outcompeting OGN for these events? I mean if i had the chance to watch gaming on TV i would go for it for sure, instead of watching it through a video stream online.


I thought OGN lost broadcast rights to LCK last year?
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33704 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-11-25 14:27:12
November 25 2020 13:48 GMT
#11
On November 25 2020 22:43 FaerskFisk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2020 20:24 att wrote:
Whats going on guys? I mean esports is doing great,LoL is huge in korea, as well as other sports.Is Afreeca really outcompeting OGN for these events? I mean if i had the chance to watch gaming on TV i would go for it for sure, instead of watching it through a video stream online.


I thought OGN lost broadcast rights to LCK last year?


yes, once Overwatch and League of Legends became in-house productions by their respective owners, OGN had no more must-see content. They made a big PUBG push during the height of its popularity, but it never took off as a spectator sport (and now the playerbase has fallen considerably as well).
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
Chris_Havoc
Profile Joined August 2016
United States600 Posts
November 25 2020 13:54 GMT
#12
If memory serves didn't K.H.J. mention something a couple years back about OGN having difficulties? That they had been forced out of LCK and only had PUBG and a couple minor esports left available to them?

I suppose CJ Group doesn't see a future in OGN anymore. Not that surprising really considering no BW, no LCK, and no Overwatch League.
Owner of the SC2 Esports Anthology channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/SC2EsportsAnthology
KobraKay
Profile Joined March 2010
Portugal4388 Posts
November 25 2020 13:56 GMT
#13
Sad news for me this one. Watched a lot of OSL/PL content on OGN so it will hold a dear place in my memory for all those matches.
CJ Fighting! (--.--)
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
November 25 2020 14:19 GMT
#14
wtf? OGN had diversified into other esports as well.. this is nuts :/
POGGERS
chipmonklord17
Profile Joined February 2011
United States11944 Posts
November 25 2020 14:41 GMT
#15
I still can't believe that Blizzard/Riot thinks they know more about broadcasting in Korea than OGN
lechatnoir
Profile Joined November 2016
392 Posts
November 25 2020 14:43 GMT
#16
Now that's just sad.
SmoKim
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark10305 Posts
November 25 2020 15:11 GMT
#17
Damn. Didn´t see that comming.

What was OGN role in LoL/other Esports game? i´ve been out of the loop since ProLeague closed its doors

Sad ending for one of the most important part of Esport history and development of the pro scene.
"LOL I have 202 supply right now (3 minutes later)..."LOL NOW I HAVE 220 SUPPLY SUP?!?!?" - Mondragon
Carminedust1
Profile Joined August 2020
4 Posts
November 25 2020 15:22 GMT
#18
this sucks very first broadcast a friend showed me was the Iris vs savior match back in 2006 were i had 0 idea what was going on but that match was amazing and same with the final that followed and followed Starcraft ever since. But much like what Wax and others had said Blizzard and Riot moving their games to in-house killed them :/
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10391 Posts
November 25 2020 15:28 GMT
#19
GG WP ♡
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
fLyiNgDroNe
Profile Joined September 2005
Belgium4130 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-11-25 15:39:48
November 25 2020 15:33 GMT
#20
Oh God, time to go down the memory lane ... 2001 Coca-Cola OSL was my first.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Drone is a way of living
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1049
ComeBackTV 950
SteadfastSC943
TaKeTV 570
IndyStarCraft 185
Rex153
EnkiAlexander 87
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 943
IndyStarCraft 185
Rex 153
ProTech128
BRAT_OK 35
MindelVK 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 47972
Bisu 2179
Horang2 1094
Hyuk 987
EffOrt 982
Soma 612
Shuttle 611
Mini 466
BeSt 451
Light 430
[ Show more ]
Larva 347
ZerO 217
Rush 194
Leta 91
firebathero 77
Mong 65
Sea.KH 62
910 61
Snow 53
Pusan 53
Liquid`Ret 46
Sexy 38
Yoon 36
ToSsGirL 35
Trap 30
Aegong 25
Bale 24
JYJ 24
Terrorterran 19
Shine 17
Rock 16
Sacsri 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7646
qojqva1518
Counter-Strike
Fnx 820
fl0m40
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1406
Khaldor1224
Lowko454
Other Games
singsing1972
hiko1685
Beastyqt575
B2W.Neo426
Livibee211
Hui .178
Liquid`VortiX150
KnowMe134
ArmadaUGS121
XaKoH 115
Mew2King78
QueenE77
DeMusliM11
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV205
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream90
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 26
• StrangeGG 18
• Gemini_19 10
• mYiSmile110
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 33
• Michael_bg 7
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3479
Other Games
• Shiphtur253
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 29m
CranKy Ducklings
18h 29m
Online Event
19h 29m
FEL
1d
AI Arena Tournament
1d 1h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 3h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 20h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.