• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:08
CEST 19:08
KST 02:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6357 users

Collection / Race points issue

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10861 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-04-08 07:21:23
April 08 2020 07:20 GMT
#1
Hello TL, I am bringing this to the attention of the People.


[image loading]


When you delete accounts, it also deletes collection / Race points.

This should not happen, the reasoning behind this is as a lot of us Ladder players have found out with BSL (Bombastic Star League) which is Sponsored by Blizzard, if you delete your previous BSL accounts (ie : BSL1, BSL2, BSL3, BSL4, through 8, you will lose your collection points.

Players rack up a lot of games and it is really unfortunate that when you delete accounts you also lose collection points, as a lot of us actually enjoy getting these really cool Portraits!

I want to get the Dark Archon portrait myself, I am currently working on the Dark Templar now though, only about 400 more wins to go.

Obviously this has nothing to do with Gameplay, it is just a fun thing to do and us mass gamers enjoy the portraits.

Please fix this Blizzard, as we obviously need to delete previous BSL accounts in order to start fresh with new accounts once they are done. I understand the point of this is to stop Smurfing, but the league you sponsor and how you handle Collection points should be different.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/starcraft/t/collection-points-fix-please/1304

- Posted on Battle.net.

AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
Szinkler
Profile Joined July 2018
Hungary394 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-04-08 08:23:07
April 08 2020 08:22 GMT
#2
I don't think the point of this is to stop Smurfing, Blizzard doesn't care about that. Also I don't think many people would stop smurfing because of this.

Otherwise thanks for bringing this up, I didn't know this. I used to give a shit about these portraits but then some people told me about them and checked them out and I find it a nice added "competition" which runs way longer than a season. Then I suddenly "lost" ~4000 points (I was about to get the next portrait after DT, then I had less points than DT and still had DT portrait :D )... Sent a ticket to blizzard they pointed me to the forum and then I stopped, I don't care that much. At least I understand why this happened. (I don't smurf, I hate those guys, but I deleted few profiles at once like BSL although I don't remember having that many games as to add up to 4000 points :D )
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10861 Posts
April 08 2020 08:33 GMT
#3
On April 08 2020 17:22 Szinkler wrote:
I don't think the point of this is to stop Smurfing, Blizzard doesn't care about that. Also I don't think many people would stop smurfing because of this.

Well yeah but I can't really think of any other reason lol
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12056 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-04-08 09:48:56
April 08 2020 09:41 GMT
#4
I bought this up 2 Blizzcon's ago. From what I understand it's not really something easy to fix and its to do with how the game was designed in 1998. Hopefully they can eventually fix it though!
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
LaStScan
Profile Joined May 2011
Korea (South)1289 Posts
April 08 2020 09:51 GMT
#5
I lost more than 3000 points by deleting Scan[KaL] and some another one.. That's why I stopped deleting accounts. But true, this must not be happening.
Trying my best for ASL, ASTL
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10861 Posts
April 08 2020 10:28 GMT
#6
On April 08 2020 18:41 Qikz wrote:
I bought this up 2 Blizzcon's ago. From what I understand it's not really something easy to fix and its to do with how the game was designed in 1998. Hopefully they can eventually fix it though!


I don't know how it would have anything to do with how the game was designed in 98', the Portrait system is new in BW / Remastered, it is a User interface layout, easily changed i'm sure. I hope they fix it as well.

On April 08 2020 18:51 LaStScan wrote:
I lost more than 3000 points by deleting Scan[KaL] and some another one.. That's why I stopped deleting accounts. But true, this must not be happening.

Yeah I lost A LOT of points by deleting an account as well....Basically each Win with each race (including Random) provides +10 "Race" / "Collection" Points, it takes 50,000 points to get to the final Portrait of each Race. It is fun, in other words though it takes a REALLY long time to get these portraits lol.
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
Poegim
Profile Joined February 2017
Poland298 Posts
April 08 2020 11:25 GMT
#7
Seriously, i cant belive its hard to change, its just simple incrementing +1 after game.
[ RANKGIM.EU ] Aka: Poezja[T4], Zulu. [[ Probably second best player in the world. In honor of my best friend Moagim, he was a Kraken from the sea. Poegim ]]
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12056 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-04-08 13:53:42
April 08 2020 13:19 GMT
#8
On April 08 2020 20:25 Poegim wrote:
Seriously, i cant belive its hard to change, its just simple incrementing +1 after game.


I would imagine it's based on how the data is stored for your points. If the points are currently stored on your individual profiles which it seems they are and are totalled up, moving that variable to your overall battle.net profile but not be as easy as you think.
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
Poegim
Profile Joined February 2017
Poland298 Posts
April 08 2020 14:37 GMT
#9
Well, for me that's not an answer, its Blizzard, not amateur one person company, i will not believe it's so hard to export some data from game profile to bnet profile.
[ RANKGIM.EU ] Aka: Poezja[T4], Zulu. [[ Probably second best player in the world. In honor of my best friend Moagim, he was a Kraken from the sea. Poegim ]]
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10861 Posts
April 09 2020 02:40 GMT
#10
On April 08 2020 23:37 Poegim wrote:
Well, for me that's not an answer, its Blizzard, not amateur one person company, i will not believe it's so hard to export some data from game profile to bnet profile.

I agree with this sentiment whole heatedly ... it's the same thing as Blizz releasing Clan support in BW as they have in SC2, you really think they don't have the programming to do so? Come on man lol
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
April 09 2020 05:55 GMT
#11
On April 08 2020 23:37 Poegim wrote:
Well, for me that's not an answer, its Blizzard, not amateur one person company

Correct, it's actually 2 people on the Remastered team.
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10861 Posts
April 09 2020 17:51 GMT
#12
On April 09 2020 14:55 Ej_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 08 2020 23:37 Poegim wrote:
Well, for me that's not an answer, its Blizzard, not amateur one person company

Correct, it's actually 2 people on the Remastered team.

LOL nailed it
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
Cryoc
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany914 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-04-09 18:20:23
April 09 2020 18:20 GMT
#13
I don't think it takes 2 people to change the ladder maps every 3 months.
http://www.twitch.tv/cryoc
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM684
TaKeTV 216
IndyStarCraft 125
BRAT_OK 125
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 684
TKL 254
ProTech144
BRAT_OK 125
IndyStarCraft 125
UpATreeSC 75
Rex 45
Codebar 35
MindelVK 15
EmSc Tv 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 984
EffOrt 604
Mini 528
firebathero 181
ggaemo 171
Dewaltoss 131
Barracks 72
Sea.KH 60
Zeus 57
910 56
[ Show more ]
Hyun 54
Shine 40
Shinee 35
Killer 33
Bale 26
soO 22
ToSsGirL 21
Sexy 20
Trap 17
yabsab 11
Dota 2
qojqva3951
Counter-Strike
Fnx 757
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1318
Grubby1214
Liquid`Hasu771
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2738
singsing1854
B2W.Neo710
Beastyqt504
ceh9500
Sick212
ArmadaUGS185
C9.Mang0105
Trikslyr46
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream529
Other Games
BasetradeTV23
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 0
EmSc2Tv 0
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile121
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix16
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2070
• TFBlade838
Other Games
• WagamamaTV795
• Shiphtur140
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 52m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 52m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 17h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.