• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:36
CEST 18:36
KST 01:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9659 users

Minimum requirements

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
psyCrowe
Profile Joined December 2007
Scotland197 Posts
November 20 2019 15:02 GMT
#1
TLDR - Somewhat a novice with PC's these days - that much a noob I even bought an AIO - and PC struggles with some parts of remastered, should I upgrade parts or new PC?

Current setup:
Dell Inspiron AIO 3264
Intel i3-7100u 2.40 GHz
8GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics 620 (No card because AIO)

Since I downloaded remastered a month or so back, I've experienced quite sluggish performance when on B.Net, and putting it down the my PC's specs, but wondering if there's any upgrades I could make to help with it?

When found a game on ranked, it's often very slow to show me who I'm playing, what map and what race. It gets worse if selecting 'Play again' after the match - at times I've entered the game totally blind!

During replays, the various toggle displays will come on and off, which is pretty frustrating, and there is a lag delay when toggling using ' Q; W; E ' etc, so I often toggle on then off without knowing. So yeah, it's pretty frustrating. Experience no in-game lag though, and can manage 4v4 fine.

I think the writing may be on the wall for this -otherwise adequate- PC and I may have to splurge for a new one if I'm to play more.

Checking the Dell website for my machine, I can only upgrade HDD and RAM (max 8GB), but a different website (Crucial) saying another compatible upgrade is SSD, albeit I'm not sure if that would solve anything. I'm thinking the 8GB RAM upgrade could be of use as -according to task manager- I'm using one of two slots and running at 72%~ just with Firefox & some tabs, Spotify, B.Net app & Discord.

I'd love to play with the updated graphics but don't have the capacity to change that without a PC change, so guess my last 'throw of the dice' is to update RAM, or is this a pointless task? I use the system for day-to-day browsing and word processing. SC:R would be the only game I play.

Help
BlueStar
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
Bulgaria1177 Posts
November 20 2019 15:49 GMT
#2
go for an SSD if you don't already have one.

I got one PC with i3 cpu, 8 gb ram, and video w/ 4 GB RAM.
- it was bad. Loading time for windows was over 5 minutes. Once I enter StarCraft have to wait in some menus a lot of additional time until it loads enough things to work properly.
After I added an SSD to the same PC my windows loading time went under 20 sec, and I don't have any problems with StarCraft.

Just install your OS on the SSD, the programs that you work with the most and the games you play the most. Everything else you should store in the normal HDD partitions.

GL buddy
Leader of the Bulgarian National SCBW/SC2 team and team pSi.SCBW/SC2
psyCrowe
Profile Joined December 2007
Scotland197 Posts
November 20 2019 15:56 GMT
#3
Yeah, my dads computer was the same with Windows loading time, and a SSD fixed the issue. Mines doesn't take as long as his did, but still takes a fairly long time to load, despite having little on it and kept in good condition. I also get the waiting times when BW is loading up and navigating between menus. Because it's an AIO (All-In-One) computer, I don't have internal space for another hard drive, so could be looking at an external HDD for that, and I don't have a video card.
AntiHack
Profile Joined January 2009
Switzerland553 Posts
November 20 2019 16:10 GMT
#4
Remastered is not optimised for integrated Intel HD graphic chips unfortunately
"I am very tired of your grammar errors" - Zoler[MB]
MeSaber
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden1235 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-11-20 16:56:50
November 20 2019 16:28 GMT
#5
AIOs arent meant for gaming as they are very power efficient CPUs, and from that are very slow (high latency).

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/Intel-i3-7100U-vs-Intel-Pentium-G3258-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-2400G/2879vs2267vs3183

Whopping 15W TDP. Its like it isnt even moving.

And graphics: https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/compare/Intel-HD-Graphics-620-vs-Radeon-RX-580-vs-GeForce-GTX-750-Ti/3592vs3736vs2815

Enough speed to show your Windows 10 background but nothing more.

I would conclude your CPU(w/GPU) is the problem.

Recommendation: If you want a stationary PC you should build it yourself. Any laptop or AIO isnt really the best you can get for your money (2-3 times more expensive and even then you dont get better performance).

If you want to just play SCR you can get by with $500 or even less. If you want to play some of the newer games with higher graphics settings you would need to dump in some more $700-800.

If you have no experience in buying or building a PC i suggest to go here: https://tl.net/forum/tech-support/426532-computer-build-upgrade-and-buying-resource-thread

It will guide you to the perfect PC for you.

Edit for GPU comparison: https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/compare/Intel-HD-Graphics-620-vs-GeForce-8800-GT-vs-Radeon-HD-4850/3592vs1279vs24

As for Sys specs from Blizzard. It is on par with what is required, however these cards are in todays era very slow and shouldnt be used for gaming. The problem consists of CPU bottlenecking itself while needing power for GPU as well.

Most likely there is no setting to change power optimization for 7100U because it isnt meant to be running any hotter than whats specified. Also it would then need better cooling and there lies another problem.
-.-
MeSaber
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden1235 Posts
November 20 2019 16:37 GMT
#6
If you dont mind. Download Fraps and check your FPS in-game with it. See how bad it is. Feels choppy while playing?

https://fraps.com/download.php
-.-
psyCrowe
Profile Joined December 2007
Scotland197 Posts
November 20 2019 17:18 GMT
#7
Thanks for the replies. I chose this style of computer as it suited my requirements at the TIME (low space). I know it wasn't built for gaming of any kind, but thought I could get away with sC:R. And to be fair, it does OK, just really isn't smooth is some aspects.

Thank you for the informed post @MeSaber - I'll definitely Check out that thread. I know it's always better to build your own, I'M just rather apprehensive about it.

New custom PC it is!
blackmanpl
Profile Blog Joined January 2017
68 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-11-20 17:59:21
November 20 2019 17:57 GMT
#8
Dell Inspiron AIO 3264
Intel i3-7100u 2.40 GHz
8GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics 620 (No card because AIO)


My first thought was that it's a laptop for basic office work only :p

No 'U' rated cpus as they are power efficient. Remastered isn't a very demanding game, it's just that the specs you gave are on the lower lower end.

I played remasterd on a variety of laptops and they all were fine, but they were the newer ones. i5 8300 + 1050ti 8gb ssd, and the laptop could stream it easily.

Even played on i5-7200U + radeon 520, which is my office laptop, no problem with playing, it could even stream a bit, but it isn't very good at it.

So anything will probably run remastered now, as long as it has a dedicated graphics card and preferably a non-power-efficient-U-cpu.

"so guess my last 'throw of the dice' is to update RAM, or is this a pointless task?"

Pointless, I don't see any possibility of it improving anything.

AIO what I understand, are office job computers. Not able to say if SSD will be any help here, I doubt.

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-8300H-vs-Intel-Core-i3-7100U/m425634vsm176913

There are good budget line laptops which you can look into: FX505 series, FX705, Nitro 5, GL63 - all very capable space saving portable systems. However if you want a desktop, you can get it cheaper than a laptop of similar power.

I've seen non-custom PC builds that are awesome and you don't really need to spend a lot, just need to fish a bit for the right company as prices may vary as much as $250-300 for the same model!
psyCrowe
Profile Joined December 2007
Scotland197 Posts
November 20 2019 18:47 GMT
#9
On November 21 2019 02:57 blackmanpl wrote:
Show nested quote +
Dell Inspiron AIO 3264
Intel i3-7100u 2.40 GHz
8GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics 620 (No card because AIO)


My first thought was that it's a laptop for basic office work only :p

Yeah, that's the reason I bought this computer - simply for word processing, not downloading or any sort of media.

I've spent the past few hours looking around and being overwhelmed with figures from various websites. Don't really have the time to build my own either, so might just have to buy a decent home computer which will handle everything I'm after - which is very little!

I looked for a basic gaming PC, but really not keen on the fancy case's etc, and tbh they are over and above what I'd be using it for. Like I mentioned just before, I think someting with at least i5 CPU, 8GB RAM, SSD & dedicated video card should do me good for years to come. SC:R aside, the computer can be frustrating at times, so willing to upgrade.

I think it's possible for £500 or under ( $650 / €600 ). Thoughts? :/
Poegim
Profile Joined February 2017
Poland298 Posts
November 20 2019 19:47 GMT
#10
UI of Remastered is just broken/very bad optimised, if just gameplay works fine u should dont care . However its still strange becouse i have intel hd 4000 with is older and worst than 620 and my UI dont work so bad except f10 menu in game. Check game settings, i remember some mouse settings (yes lol) was making UI working like a shit.
[ RANKGIM.EU ] Aka: Poezja[T4], Zulu. [[ Probably second best player in the world. In honor of my best friend Moagim, he was a Kraken from the sea. Poegim ]]
psyCrowe
Profile Joined December 2007
Scotland197 Posts
November 20 2019 23:16 GMT
#11
On November 21 2019 04:47 Poegim wrote:
UI of Remastered is just broken/very bad optimised, if just gameplay works fine u should dont care . However its still strange becouse i have intel hd 4000 with is older and worst than 620 and my UI dont work so bad except f10 menu in game. Check game settings, i remember some mouse settings (yes lol) was making UI working like a shit.

Well similar to many others, B.Net interaction is even laggier than before, but playing in window mode seems to improve it, so will be playing in that for now. It just gets really tiring with the constant delay, and although there's workarounds with the "play again?" Part or ranked, I'd rather be able to interact flawlessly.

Anyway, with black Friday approaching, I'll keep my eyes open for a computer with specs I gave above and hopefully something comes up. Was looking at mini PC's too, but safest option is tower unit, to take advantage of graphics card.
MeSaber
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden1235 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-11-21 00:54:13
November 21 2019 00:42 GMT
#12
The smaller stuff you search for the lesser performance per dollar though.

Here's an example wagon: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XHwF8M

(P.S the power to motherboard requires extra connector from PSU, but that you double-check at a later stage, Edit: After investigation it does not require the extra 4-pin connector. Not an issue)

Personally i wouldnt cheap out on CPU nor GPU as this PC will last for a very long time. The Motherboard is slightly expensive because it has Intel LAN, WiFi, great Audio DAC, good VRM heatsinks. Flashback button, etc etc. Best board there is in B450 range for a very cheap price. You can even use this board if you want to upgrade components later on.
-.-
psyCrowe
Profile Joined December 2007
Scotland197 Posts
November 21 2019 06:42 GMT
#13
Yep, understand what you're saying MeSaber, and it's a good way to future proof, but I don't have the time or knowledge to undertake a build ATM. What I posted above were minimum specs I'll look for. I won't be gaming on the new computer, so seems somewhat unnecessary to spend extra on the performance. Add in a monitor and Windows 10 it's now in region of at least $750 .

Still, I do appreciate the help and advice!
MeSaber
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden1235 Posts
November 21 2019 13:32 GMT
#14
You could also look on the used market for a cheap PC. Be sure to double check so you dont get fooled paying full price for the internal specs.
-.-
BlueStar
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
Bulgaria1177 Posts
November 21 2019 14:20 GMT
#15
psyCrowe - don't be so afraid of building your own pc. You only need a screwdriver and a few hours to build it on your own.

Building a PC nowadays is really easy.
There is a ton of video tutorials on youtube to follow (just don't use the Verge one).
- Give them a shot, watch one or two and see how easy it really is.

Also - the listed PC parts by MeSaber are good. On black friday you will get even better deals.
If you get a prebuilt system with such specs it can cost you about $1k. If you get the parts next week, the cost may be under $500.
Leader of the Bulgarian National SCBW/SC2 team and team pSi.SCBW/SC2
psyCrowe
Profile Joined December 2007
Scotland197 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-11-21 15:15:56
November 21 2019 15:11 GMT
#16
Finding the time would be difficult as I work and study, but am open to building! I did do a short course in college many years ago, so know roughly what to do, and I know it's difficult to 'mess up' as everything generally fits in a specific place. The individual parts are where I'm lost ... Don't know what's a good processor, motherboard, graphics card etc. It's very intimidating.

I found a website in the UK which sells refurbished PC's (Kelsusit.com), and you choose your internal components. Was thinking I could opt for one of the office workstations with upgrades, or one of the gaming ones and selecting internals.

Edit: something like this
MeSaber
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden1235 Posts
November 21 2019 15:17 GMT
#17
Whats UKs major PC hardware site? Do UK got a dedicated pricerunner?
-.-
MeSaber
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden1235 Posts
November 21 2019 15:26 GMT
#18
i7-2600 is from 2011: https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/Intel-i7-2600-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-2600/1vs3243

Here you can see the sad truth about that site trying to rip you off. They take close to full price for that 2011 chip.

If you use google to research each product you will find the rip-offs quite fast.
-.-
psyCrowe
Profile Joined December 2007
Scotland197 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-11-21 16:02:17
November 21 2019 15:36 GMT
#19
On November 22 2019 00:17 MeSaber wrote:
Whats UKs major PC hardware site? Do UK got a dedicated pricerunner?

Yeah, I've just came across this website which I think was posted above, although the US version. I guess this could be the correct way to go about things.

You see, I would of never of known about the other website. That's why I say I'm in the dark with components, takes up much of my limited time to research

Edit: Just put this together based on nothing but price & reviews. Am I doing it right? :D
blackmanpl
Profile Blog Joined January 2017
68 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-11-21 16:17:53
November 21 2019 16:03 GMT
#20
The price problem is that most new pc and laps are overpowerd for your needs, but the prices dont drop below a certain point, unless you enter the used and returned hardware.

Yes it is a very strong build that would allow you to stream starcraft easily. Both the cpu and graphics have been replaced with newer budget models as of now, but these are still strong even for AAA games.

Do check if the motherboard is compatible with your pc and ram - Im not familiar with these in desktops now, so cant comment.

www.x-kom.pl Here you have a Ł540 machine, which is somewhat similar in specs, prebuilt, no win10 installed - saves a bit of cash. But no monitor.

Simply put, worse machines aren't much cheaper, unless again we enter the used and returned stuff.

Here a very cheap build for 380: www.x-kom.pl, but graphics a bit outdated now.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Codebar 42
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1131
Mini 949
Shuttle 881
Soma 618
actioN 491
Rush 362
Larva 318
Light 315
BeSt 229
Stork 229
[ Show more ]
Horang2 209
Snow 168
hero 137
firebathero 125
Aegong 73
Barracks 73
Zeus 64
Liquid`Ret 59
Sexy 32
Shinee 30
JYJ 28
Shine 28
ToSsGirL 25
soO 25
Sharp 24
Bale 23
Trap 17
sorry 16
zelot 15
Terrorterran 13
Rock 11
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc7929
qojqva2376
Dendi845
420jenkins171
Counter-Strike
fl0m1243
Fnx 766
x6flipin588
pashabiceps371
edward56
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5162
Grubby2492
Liquid`Hasu8
Other Games
singsing1356
B2W.Neo999
byalli450
ceh9375
Beastyqt332
Mlord326
Khaldor229
DeMusliM159
Liquid`VortiX151
ArmadaUGS136
KnowMe136
Trikslyr59
BRAT_OK 47
TKL 28
Railgan9
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV246
BasetradeTV226
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream154
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH240
• StrangeGG 67
• mYiSmile131
• Reevou 3
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• blackmanpl 6
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV401
League of Legends
• Nemesis2573
• TFBlade802
Other Games
• Shiphtur261
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 24m
Kung Fu Cup
18h 24m
The PondCast
1d 17h
OSC
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.