• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:16
CEST 06:16
KST 13:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7891 users

UMS maps by GrizzleSyndrome

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Xeofreestyler
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
Belgium6786 Posts
April 19 2018 13:32 GMT
#1
I'm looking for old UMS maps made by a guy who was called GrizzleSyndrome. He used to make some mindblowing maps, that weren't super popular for whatever reason, but gameplay wise and aesthetically I remember it was very advanced.He might've had another account that was just called "Grizzly".

They were mostly bounds-style, but I remember he had some others like "Dominator Pads" or something like that. I'd love to revisit these maps but seem to have lost my old collection...
Graphics
Essbee
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada2371 Posts
April 19 2018 14:24 GMT
#2
Consider me interested! Hopefully someone can help.
Ikirouta
Profile Blog Joined November 2017
Finland747 Posts
April 19 2018 14:25 GMT
#3
Hey, I have over 50k maps, could you point me to more names than "Dominator Pads" and I'll take a look when I can.
Pusan fan #1, bad sair/reaver enthuisiast. twitch.tv/ikirouta
Xeofreestyler
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
Belgium6786 Posts
April 20 2018 11:14 GMT
#4
Cool! Could you perhaps post a list of your maps that contain the words "grizzle" "grizzly"and "bound" or "bounds?
It'll be hard to judge from the filename alone but it might bring back some memories:

Or just dump your filenames (like so: https://www.howtogeek.com/98064/how-to-print-or-save-a-directory-listing-to-a-file/ ) to pastebin.com and I'll go through them! Thanks a lot!
Graphics
B2BF
Profile Joined August 2020
1 Post
August 03 2020 17:00 GMT
#5
Hey guys, did you ever find these?

I have a feeling they may have been mine as I used to play BW as Grizzly(B2BF) back in the day and make lots of bound maps. My internet was terrible at the time so didn't spread them around too much but I loved creating and playing them.

I seem to remember having Syndrome in my name at one point too, from the Muse song Stockholm Syndrome - which I loved at the time randomly!

I've tried looking online for my old maps for a bit of nostalgia but no luck so far. The computer I used at the time was thrown unfortunately and I only ever remember uploading them to Staredit.net (no longer on there).

I'm trying to remember the names of them. I think I made:

Grizzly Bound (1,2, and maybe 3?)
Beacon Bound - A bound on beacons where you win by covering more ground
Control Bound?
Black and White Bound / Battle Bound - where a black and a white team raced to finish
B2BF Bound

...then it gets hazy.

Let me know if this helps? It'd be a laugh to see what my teenage self used to make haha
Freakling
Profile Joined October 2012
Germany1534 Posts
August 04 2020 07:48 GMT
#6
If you uploaded them on Staredit, I don't see why they wouldn't still be there. Have you tried contacting a site admin there?
Xeofreestyler
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
Belgium6786 Posts
February 03 2023 10:06 GMT
#7
YOOOO I FOUND THEM!!

https://scmscx.com/search/griz

Randomly stumbled upon this website, hadn't seen it before. Figured I'd try looking for these maps and they're almost all there!
Graphics
vOdToasT
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Sweden2870 Posts
February 03 2023 10:09 GMT
#8
On February 03 2023 19:06 Xeofreestyler wrote:
YOOOO I FOUND THEM!!

https://scmscx.com/search/griz

Randomly stumbled upon this website, hadn't seen it before. Figured I'd try looking for these maps and they're almost all there!


That website is good
If it's stupid but it works, then it's not stupid* (*Or: You are stupid for losing to it, and gotta git gud)
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2371 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-02-03 10:42:19
February 03 2023 10:41 GMT
#9
Hey, repmastered.app also has a map database, assembled from uploaded replays, and it allows to download the maps extracted from replays.

The complete map list:
https://repmastered.app/maps

You can search by map name (you can set substring or even regexp match), and you can also search in descriptions!

Here's the list of maps that contain "Grizzly" in the description (2 maps so far):

https://repmastered.app/maps?description=Grizzly

"GrizzlyBound 2": https://repmastered.app/map/GrizzlyBound 2
"- Bound": https://repmastered.app/map/- Bound

P.S. Upload all your reps so maps will be preserved (besides also preserving replays, and getting buch of stats).

P.S. #2 What does "bound" means regarding maps and mapmaking? What are "bound" maps?
https://repmastered.icza.net
Xeofreestyler
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
Belgium6786 Posts
February 03 2023 11:05 GMT
#10
Thanks!

Bound maps are maps where you have to lead your unit through a series of "challenges" which are usually rhythmic in nature, e.g. you'll have a grid of squares, and explosions will happen on these squares in predictable patterns. The goal is to get to the other side without getting hit by an explosion.

That's about the basic concept, but it gets increasingly more complex. Give BattleBounds 2 a try and be sure to watch the mission objectives intro!
Graphics
LML
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
Germany1798 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-02-03 21:51:22
February 03 2023 21:51 GMT
#11
My whole life evolved around playing and making bounds in 2004/2005.

LML
zzlk
Profile Joined December 2022
7 Posts
February 04 2023 18:56 GMT
#12
Happy to see my website is fulfilling its intended purpose

I also made a thread about it early here: https://tl.net/forum/brood-war/604549-scmscxcom-starcraft-map-archive-website
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 239
FoxeR 62
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4530
Leta 1817
ViBE127
Bale 52
Shine 21
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm209
League of Legends
JimRising 622
Other Games
summit1g8260
WinterStarcraft540
Mew2King32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick614
BasetradeTV183
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta23
• Letter1414
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota219
League of Legends
• Lourlo859
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 44m
Patches Events
10h 44m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 44m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 44m
OSC
18h 44m
OSC
1d 7h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.