• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:43
CEST 08:43
KST 15:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)29Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7790 users

OnGameNet to host 10th Sbenu StarLeague

Forum Index > BW General
379 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 17 18 19 Next All
LaStScan
Profile Joined May 2011
Korea (South)1289 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-30 10:28:08
November 28 2014 08:04 GMT
#1
Update:

Afreeca post
That entire post recaps BW and Sonic's history, all new info is really just this:

Round of 32 will be streamed online by Sonic as usual + by OGN stream.
Round of 16+ will be broadcasted on the OGN channel and by their broadcasting team.
This doesn't end with SSL10.
Sonic is looking to make SSL11 happen be it through his or other sponsorship
and with OGN, but for that, he of course needs the fans' help!


More info like streaming times, prize etc. will be released in the near future.
Kim Carry helped with the negotiations.

+ Show Spoiler [Full translation. Thx kona!] +
Hi all, this is BJ Sonic, currently CEO of Sbenu and Sinbal Farm and SonicTV representative.

I still remember clearly, when exactly 15 years ago, I learnt BW from my cousin, and got deeply hooked onto BW via OGN. That was really crazy haha

I started the amateur BW league in 2006 and aside from my time spent in army, I've been consistently hosting the leagues for 8 years.

I first started this league for the sole reason of the love for the game, and I've tried many things to transit my league from an amateur to a professional one.

I've been cursed at by many for trying to run the Starleagues like a business, and I've also heard many comments about why I've been running a dead game since the end of TVing OSL.

I think there were many doubts about the revival of Brood War after the end of TVing OSL.

When everyone said it was tough, I continued to host the online tournaments and also hosted the first offline league since the end of TV broadcast of Brood War. Many continued to doubt everything about it, but I persevered.

I spent one year trying to get OGN caster Kim Carrier on board, and also remember making money out of nothing trying to host the 7th Sinbal Farm Starleague.

When the 9th Starleague ended, there was a long break afterwards and many wondered if I was going to stop hosting the tournaments anymore, which made me very upset and disappointed.

I worked harder than anyone else to make Brood War more than just a memory to us.

If anyone had to shoulder the burden to get Brood War back on Cable TV, I felt that it had to be me.

"Should I work hard, make lots of money and try sponsoring a league?" That very crazy thought actually came to fruition.

This 10th Sonic Starleague, the Sbenu Starleague will be broadcast via OnGameNet.

After TVing OSL, we can finally watch Brood War again on TV via OnGameNet. Of course, SonicTV will be broadcasting it together.

Round of 32 will be on SonicTV and OGN via Online Streaming, and from the Round of 16 till the Grand Finals, it will be broadcast on TV via OnGameNet.

Not just the 10th Starleague, but for 11th and beyond, I will either continue to get sponsors or work hard and put in my own money to carry it on this hard-earned opportunity, so I hope people will just return the favor with love. We hope everyone who has come with us so far can once again and continue to support the Starleague, now that it is back on OnGameNet.

I started off this first step, but I think the real potential of this will come from the viewers' love and passion. If we work together, I believe Brood War can continue to flourish.

I am thinking of focusing more on getting new faces in the scene, as well as in the amateur scene.

I am very happy and content for doing what others have said I could not, and I will continue to live and work hard. As the pioneer game of ESPORTS, we need your help to keep Brood War growing and flourishing as well as something comparable to Baduk.

I will soon announce the prize pool and the players in the league.
I am very happy to start off Brood War once again with OnGameNet.
I am sincerely grateful to Kim Carrier and people at OnGameNet who have seen my sincerity and helped me.

I have been busy with work lately and was not able to watch much games, but I intend to return home and play some games.
Thank you very much.





10차 스베누 스타리그는 온게임넷과 함께 합니다.

자세한 과정과 이야기는 퇴근 후에 올리겠습니다.

Translation:

10th Sbenu StarLeague will be starting with OnGameNet.

I will tell the story and detail once I get back home.





FB: https://www.facebook.com/sogoodtt/posts/546513338816363?fref=nf
Facebook Twitter Reddit
Trying my best for ASL, ASTL
Probemicro
Profile Joined February 2014
3708 Posts
November 28 2014 08:12 GMT
#2
Its HAPPENING?
Boonbag
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
France3318 Posts
November 28 2014 08:32 GMT
#3
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
sour_eraser
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada932 Posts
November 28 2014 08:33 GMT
#4
holy fucking shit
"What's the f*cking point of censoring a letter if everyone and their mother knows what it stands for.... F*cking morons"
Boonbag
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
France3318 Posts
November 28 2014 08:34 GMT
#5
this is so beautiful
soujiro_
Profile Joined June 2010
Uruguay5195 Posts
November 28 2014 08:45 GMT
#6
OMFG
ace hwaiting!!
~chut~
Profile Joined September 2003
France1317 Posts
November 28 2014 08:55 GMT
#7
!!!

OSL back ?
lastride
Profile Joined April 2014
2390 Posts
November 28 2014 08:58 GMT
#8
Is this real life?
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51540 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-28 09:09:18
November 28 2014 09:08 GMT
#9
On November 28 2014 Televised Brood War said:
back


Fuck YES!
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
Cele
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Germany4016 Posts
November 28 2014 09:19 GMT
#10
On November 28 2014 18:08 BLinD-RawR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2014 Televised Brood War said:
back


Fuck YES!


FUCK YES YES YES YES OMFG YES!
Broodwar for life!
prech
Profile Joined March 2014
United States2948 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-28 10:23:57
November 28 2014 09:29 GMT
#11
I really hope we don't have to endure the disappointment of SSL 10 or LoveTV 3 not coming to fruition
Liquipedia
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12056 Posts
November 28 2014 10:08 GMT
#12
WOOOOOOOOO :D
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
Stratos
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Czech Republic6104 Posts
November 28 2014 10:12 GMT
#13
En Taro Violet
TerranZerg
Profile Joined May 2013
Russian Federation145 Posts
November 28 2014 10:26 GMT
#14
GEEEEEEEEEEEE GEEEEEEEEEEEEE
| FlaSh | Hyuk | ♥Bisu♥ | 1a2a3a[fOu] |
hydrogg
Profile Joined September 2011
United States377 Posts
November 28 2014 10:34 GMT
#15
so hyped!
prabhbhambra13
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom424 Posts
November 28 2014 10:36 GMT
#16
Holy shit. HYYYYYYPE
SECO SECO SECO
iLoveKT
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Philippines3615 Posts
November 28 2014 10:37 GMT
#17
here we goooo
Woo Jung Ho
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
November 28 2014 10:38 GMT
#18
:O
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
Cele
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Germany4016 Posts
November 28 2014 10:44 GMT
#19
so, im very excited to see what their cooperation might entail specifically? could it be *holdbreath* televised Broodwar?
Broodwar for life!
evilfatsh1t
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia8928 Posts
November 28 2014 10:47 GMT
#20
BW RETURNS TO RECLAIM THE THRONE
1 2 3 4 5 17 18 19 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1461
910 96
Bale 30
ZergMaN 22
Aegong 20
Noble 12
yabsab 11
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm176
Fuzer 77
League of Legends
JimRising 580
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King352
C9.Mang0158
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1270
Other Games
summit1g9265
PiGStarcraft465
ceh9212
Sick177
ArmadaUGS133
Livibee100
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick579
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream256
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• LUISG 0
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2286
League of Legends
• Rush1468
• Lourlo1287
• Stunt453
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
3h 17m
OSC
6h 17m
Stellar Fest
6h 17m
OSC
17h 17m
Stellar Fest
1d 6h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.