• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:12
CEST 03:12
KST 10:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8014 users

[SSL9] Ro32 Group E/F/G/H Interviews

Forum Index > BW General
16 CommentsPost a Reply
JohnChoi
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
1773 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-18 23:14:38
February 17 2014 08:46 GMT
#1
Group E Winner’s Interview

[image loading]

Hakyung: Hello everyone! Our first protoss to advance and first in this group, Tyson! Your tremendous punch and your overwhelming macro were amazing. How do you feel about advancing?
Tyson: On my stream, I told my viewers I would advance but without much confidence just words with no backing. But, having actually advanced I kept my promise and I feel great!

Hakyung: So cool! You protected the honor of Protoss too. You really taught a lesson to all the players today. Your feelings on that?
Tyson: I don’t know.. I’m just hungry. I want to eat.

Hakyung: You must’ve focused too hard and exhausted all your energy. Can we get your thoughts on advancing to the round of 16?
Tyson: Now its the real start, I will give it my all.

Hakyung: One more round of applause! We look forward to more of your tremendous hanbang’s in the round of 16!




Group E Final’s Interview

[image loading]

Hakyung: The second to advance, Mind! I noticed you had a tough road to advancing starting from your first set versus Tyson. What was going on in your mind today?
Mind: I really didn’t want to play vs Pure in the Loser’s set, that was really my fault. I’m really sorry for knocking Pure out. All of my games played out weird today, I can’t say I was pleased with my performance. Still I’m glad I advanced but I wanted to play Tyson again in the Final set but he ended up advancing. While watching the second set with Tyson, he was saying like you can probably take beast but he beat Pure and we were surprised. And then Tyson ended up beating beast in such a disadvantaged position and I wasn’t able to get a rematch with him in the final match. I really want to face Tyson in the round of 16.

Hakyung: It seems Mind really wants that rematch. What are your thoughts on the round of 16?
Mind: This is my first time playing here at the FIX Starleague. Everyone is just saying “Of course Mind is going to advance” and it put a lot of pressure on me. What if I lose? I couldn’t advance 2-0 but I’m happy I advanced. There are only going to be good players so I think I really need to up my performance.

Hakyung: Wow it seems you were very pressured. Tyson and Mind advance frrom today’s group. Beast and Pure put up a great fight but regretfully couldn’t make it to the next round. One more round of applause for them. That concludes today’s interview! Good night everyone!




Group F Winner’s Interview

[image loading]

CBY: First to advance frrom group F, Larva! From the first set, an amazing 2-0 victory to Jangbi. You played without fear and continued apply aggression. You continued to deny all dropship plays [Larva’s laughs here because the interviewer keeps saying dropship instead of shuttle]. Did you know he would use this kind of play?
Larva: No I just adapted to the situation of the game. To be honest, I don’t think Jangbi practiced very much. He should prepare better next time.

CBY: Wow Larva really proving how much he practiced in today’s game. The casters were saying your zerglings were “Fearless Zerglings,” what do you think?
Larva: “Fearless Zerglings,” I really like the sound of that. I lost a drone early on so I thought I might lose but Lazy seemed nervous so I won.

CBY: It’s only just the beginning now and there are going to be even tougher opponents from now on. Can we get a boastful message from you?
Larva: If my opponent doesn’t prepare I’m going to manner hatch him so you all should practice. Can I add some personal messages?

CBY: Sure!
Larva: To those who came to visit me while I was in the hospital, thank you. When I first came to afreeca everyone called me “dishwasher” and ignored me and I think FIX Starleague is a time to prove myself. Also my Afreeca earnings this month weren’t so great but Terror and Britney paid for transportation and food, and they streamed under my account to earn me balloons.

CBY: So you are streaming right? I hope you get a lot of balloons. Any other things you’d like to say?
Larva: I’m glad lots of people came. In SSL7 and the Group ceremony no one I knew came so I went home alone but this time a lot people came so I think I’m going to have to have a get together.




Group F Final’s Interview

[image loading]

CBY: Group F’s Final match winner, Jangbi! You had a tough trip to obtain a spot in the round of 16! I cheered for you a lot from the back. Congratulations!
Jangbi: Thank you.

CBY: Did my cheering help?
Jangbi: Uhh.. (laughs)

CBY: No? It didn’t help? I won’t cheer from now on then
Jangbi: (laughs) No no [It helped]

CBY: As I was watching the game I was reading some comments and replies from fans saying your skills have deteriorated. But you still managed to win back to back and advanced to the round of 16? What are you feelings?
Jangbi: Sadly, I lost the first set but I think I was more warmed up after and I was able to advance.

CBY: I heard many words from commentator Kim Carry calling you his foster son. It’s a relief you made it. You defended your honor as “Brood War’s Final Champion” and fans were glad you advanced. I’m sure they will continue to cheer you on. What kind of games can we expect to see?
Jangbi: First off, I want to thank Kim Carry for cheering me on saying like “please, please [win].” It’s a relief I advanced and since I have more games ahead of me I will not to disappoint.

CBY: I don’t think I’ve seen the audience cheer as much as they did for you after you won the final set. I think the fans were just that excited to see you win. We hope to see more awesome games from you!




Group G Winner’s Interview

[image loading]

Hakyung: First to advance to the round of 16 from Group G, Movie! Congratulations! You said it would be a tough group to advance from but you came out first. Your thoughts?
Movie: In the pre-game interview I still had games left to play so I was nervous and couldn’t say what I wanted to... but advancing makes me feel nervous too.

Hakyung: Your play was amazing! You were calm yet aggressive when you had to be, it was quite surprising. How did you think your game vs Mini was?
Movie: I had a build prepared in mind, but I got scared and changed it up a bit. I was going to play a bit more greedy and risky but I changed it up and it actually helped me out I think.

Hakyung: So changing up your build helped you out. Your feelings on advancing on advancing to the round of 16?
Movie: I’m focusing incredibly hard this SSL. In the group ceremony I said I’m aiming for the championship and I will try my best to win!

Hakyung: One more round of applause for Movie! Congratulations again! I’ll be here again for the Final’s interview. Thank you everyone!




Group G Final’s Interview

[image loading]

Hakyung: Mini advanced to the round of 16? Applause please! In your first set versus Shuttle you dominated 2-0 but in the final’s it was quite a back and forth match. What are you thoughts?
Mini: I’m sorry I beat Shuttle, an ex-STX teammate. Since, I beat Shuttle, I promise to go even higher.

Hakyung: A round of applause for Mini who promises to advance even higher in the tournament. For those who tuned into today, thank you! Happy New years!




Group H Winner’s Interview

[image loading]

CBY: Bisu advances to the round of 16 first in this group! Big round of applause please. In the first set, you won with a dominating 2-0 and in this best of 1 winner’s set you were both skating on thin ice for the victory. The game was so great, the casters couldn’t help but cheer on both of you guys. Was there anything you practice to ensure yourself victory?
Bisu: For the winner’s set I didn’t really plan anything special. Whether I would face Sea or Jaehoon [in the winner’s] I had plan to improvise my play according to the situation. In this game, we spawned cross position to I decided to go for a more economic build. I was ahead in the build so I was able to win the game.

CBY: As you were engaging with your goons, you’d slowly pull them back and do everything else that you needed to. You snuck dark templars in, continued to build probes and did pretty much everything you had to. Was this part of the strategy?
Bisu: When Jaehoon first engaged, I flanked him successfully. So I went for a counter rush but I got blocked so easily. So I was like “Am I about to lose?” But, I started out so ahead and my dark templar and reaver harass was good.

CBY: So you are saying... your brilliant micro paved your way to victory?
(laughter from crowd)
Bisu: (laughs) The worker harass went in well.

CBY: You must really have unmatched starsense. Bisu advances to the round of 16! I’ll see you guys again [after the final’s match].




Group H Final’s Interview

[image loading]

CBY: The Group H final’s match winner is Sea! Congratulations! You played against Jaehoon again in the final match. After having lost to him 0-2 in the second set, you won in the final’s match. From early to mid game you were being constantly pressured by Jaehoon and people were starting to wonder if you might get knocked out of the round of 32 again. Did you have some kind of victory strategy prepared to push back against Jaehoon and win the game?
Sea: In the beginning, I started out economically ahead. So I just started to expand everywhere. My hands were able to keep up in the last game. I think having a lot of expansions won me the game.

CBY: You were rich in resources?
Sea: Yes, since I had a lot of expansions I decided to play aggressively.

CBY: In the previous game [versus Ample], people gave you the nickname “Yum Messi.” What do you think?
Sea: The people who watch my stream probably know. I play this SCV soccer UMS map. I think that helped out a lot.

CBY: So you’re good at the UMS map soccer not actual soccer?
Sea: I think that I’m good at soccer.. I sure do like it but I’m not sure if I’m still any good. It’s been a while.

CBY: You dropped out in the round of 32 in SSL8 but this time you made it to the round of 16. What can we expect from you?
Sea: I was actually very nervous about the round of 32, but I advanced so I’m confident I can do well in the round of 16.

CBY: Once the interview concludes, I’ll be drawing names for the round of 16? If there’s a player you’d like to face I can take a quick peek and pick one for you (laughs).
Sea: Protoss might be difficult for me, they are just too variable [in the matchup]. Terran or Zerg... it won’t really matter who I face.

CBY: So if you could pick one?
Sea: For Zerg, I’d like to play Larva. His skill has improved a bit lately and I think it would be fun to play him.

CBY: What about Terran?
Sea: Terran.. I have to play with HiyA! He changed up the groups and put my former teammate Jaehoon in the same group.

CBY: So Sea advances to the round of 16 today! I’ll be doing the group draws right after this. Congratulations Sea!
Facebook Twitter Reddit
dRaW
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada5744 Posts
February 17 2014 10:18 GMT
#2
all these interviews are a bit bland :D hopefully they become more in depth as the tour progresses.
I don't need luck, luck is for noobs, good luck to you though
JohnChoi
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
1773 Posts
February 17 2014 10:29 GMT
#3
they are all pretty much the same tbh
dRaW
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada5744 Posts
February 17 2014 10:31 GMT
#4
She needs to upgrade her interview abiity
I don't need luck, luck is for noobs, good luck to you though
Boonbag
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
France3318 Posts
February 17 2014 10:35 GMT
#5
Thanks mr choi for your great work.
Headnoob
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia2108 Posts
February 17 2014 10:58 GMT
#6
On February 17 2014 19:31 dRaW wrote:
She needs to upgrade her interview abiity


So what you're saying is korea should invent some sort of surgery for interview improvements!

You're a genius.


endy
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Switzerland8970 Posts
February 17 2014 13:13 GMT
#7
Thanks John
ॐ
AdelSC123
Profile Joined March 2010
France362 Posts
February 17 2014 13:41 GMT
#8
I want group H ! :p
soujiro_
Profile Joined June 2010
Uruguay5195 Posts
February 17 2014 15:32 GMT
#9
thanks a lot
ace hwaiting!!
khmerrouge
Profile Joined February 2012
Slovenia15 Posts
February 17 2014 15:48 GMT
#10
i love this bw threads...cus it only takes me 5 sec to read through all the comments

srsly, i miss jangbi, i wonder how good he would become if he hadnt switched back, he was godlike in those few matches i saw him in proleague
hellokitty[hk]
Profile Joined June 2009
United States1309 Posts
February 18 2014 21:45 GMT
#11
Jangbi Hyena laugh.
People are imbeciles, lucky thing god made cats.
JohnChoi
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
1773 Posts
February 19 2014 00:06 GMT
#12
On February 18 2014 00:48 khmerrouge wrote:
i love this bw threads...cus it only takes me 5 sec to read through all the comments

srsly, i miss jangbi, i wonder how good he would become if he hadnt switched back, he was godlike in those few matches i saw him in proleague

yeah I dont watch sc2 but I heard jangbi was very good. It's a shame how poorly samsung treated one of their best players
dRaW
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada5744 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-19 00:32:52
February 19 2014 00:31 GMT
#13
edit: I just realized I already saw the Ro16 groups, they are slow on these interview :D
I don't need luck, luck is for noobs, good luck to you though
JohnChoi
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
1773 Posts
February 19 2014 00:59 GMT
#14
On February 19 2014 09:31 dRaW wrote:
edit: I just realized I already saw the Ro16 groups, they are slow on these interview :D

I am slow on these interviews lol
dRaW
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada5744 Posts
February 19 2014 01:17 GMT
#15
On February 19 2014 09:59 JohnChoi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2014 09:31 dRaW wrote:
edit: I just realized I already saw the Ro16 groups, they are slow on these interview :D

I am slow on these interviews lol


No way, you are a fine gentleman helping translate to the TL community, so I will blame the Koreans :DDDD
I don't need luck, luck is for noobs, good luck to you though
Mirabel_
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States1768 Posts
February 19 2014 07:42 GMT
#16
Yeah seriously, JohnChoi is the man. Gave me something to do waiting for Thursday morning.
get stronger play longer
PineappleLumpsToss
Profile Joined July 2010
New Zealand2434 Posts
February 19 2014 09:36 GMT
#17
Thanks for the translations.
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft519
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta13
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft519
WinterStarcraft285
RuFF_SC2 37
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 807
White-Ra 155
Noble 75
NaDa 69
Hyuk 54
Bale 15
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm151
LuMiX0
League of Legends
Doublelift4909
Counter-Strike
taco 356
minikerr18
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox612
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor714
Other Games
summit1g8440
Coldzera 822
JimRising 581
C9.Mang0365
ViBE62
ArmadaUGS51
Mew2King43
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick730
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream88
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 102
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21332
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
8h 48m
Online Event
9h 48m
FEL
14h 48m
AI Arena Tournament
15h 48m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
17h 48m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
INu's Battles
1d 10h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.