• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:50
CEST 21:50
KST 04:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9707 users

[Interview] SinHan OSL '06 Season 1 Final Winner

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
FireBlast!
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United Kingdom5251 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-06-26 00:08:40
June 26 2006 00:06 GMT
#1
And so the Neo-Emperor takes it from Chojja's grasp in a 3-1 win.

[image loading]


-Congratulations! Your feelings?.

I’m very happy. So many people helped. I want to show my immense appreciation for everyone who helped me practice. I will make sure in the future I will become a gamer who will not be a foreign presence in big finals.

-You are the first winner after the formation of Ongamenet Sparkyz. Even when considering the entire history of KOR you are still the first.

It’s good now that I have got us off to a wining start. All of our players are great and have the ability reach the big stages. I feel I’m not worthy. (laughs)

-Boxer, Sync, Nada, Xellos, iloveoov and now you are the sixth Terran champion.

To be honest I lack the skill. I got lucky at times. Having won it I must feel responsible for my future performances and ensure I win based on skill rather than luck.

-You became the champion who had played the fewest games to do so in all Starleague history.

When I first debuted I managed to qualify for the Gilette OSL. Then it seemed like I played so many games to get there. However compared to then it doesn’t seem so hard now.

-Which was the hardest game in today’s match?

Game 2 was the hardest. I was not confident about the map and also I lost the first game so I felt a lot of psychological pressure. Thanks to Chojja’s mistake I could win. Had I lost that I would not have been so certain about victory. Game 2 was the crucial turning point in today’s match.

-The first game was tense but you lost out in the end.

I thought I had the advantage all game. I personally didn’t think I was nervous but it was clear my mind and my hands weren’t fully warmed up. I made too many petty mistakes that cost me the game.

-You lost to Chojja before in the lead up during the match in Proleague.

It was all my fault. I had a build prepared for the final but I did not use it in that game thinking to save it for later and as a result I lost. I told my team mates and they said it will be alright as long as I do well in the finals. I apologize as well as thanking them for their support.

-Even your parents came to support you by your side.

My parents had the most faith in me. That was one of the main reasons why I could win. From now I will work hard to repay them even more.

-How did you practice and who helped the most?

Obviously my teammates helped the most, but special mention goes to JiHyeon of Samsung Khan. He even phoned me a couple of times asking if I needed any help. I’m very thankful for that.

-Where will you use your winner’s prize money of 40,000,000 won?

I will first spent it to buy all my team mates a dinner. Then I will do the same for a few others who helped me. The rest will go into my savings account.

-Many people tipped Chojja to take it as he had the upper hand in big stage experience.

Before I cared too much about what other’s had to say, to the extent I let my feelings get hurt. However I became stronger after my initial slump. Maybe I become more arrogant? (laughs) I don’t agree with anyone who has different thoughts to me. I knew I could win against Chojja and that’s what I focused on.

-Translated from Fee Fi Fo Fum-
Victoria Concordia Crescit
Locked
Profile Joined September 2004
United States4182 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-06-26 00:11:28
June 26 2006 00:10 GMT
#2
thanks for the interview!

he doesn't say anything interesting though
UMS map pack http://teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=50442
IntoTheWow
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
is awesome32282 Posts
June 26 2006 00:21 GMT
#3
Thanks alot
Moderator<:3-/-<
ROOTheognis
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
United States4482 Posts
June 26 2006 00:27 GMT
#4
i knew Casey would own Chojja. Chojja's zvt isnt special
If you avoid your weakness, it will remain your weakness. www.twitter.com/#!/rootheognis Follow me!
EvilTeletubby
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Baltimore, USA22261 Posts
June 26 2006 00:33 GMT
#5
<3 FB!

But yeah, his interview is like a carbon copy of every else. T_T
Moderatorhttp://carbonleaf.yuku.com/topic/408/t/So-I-proposed-at-a-Carbon-Leaf-concert.html ***** RIP Geoff
mdb
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
Bulgaria4059 Posts
June 26 2006 00:33 GMT
#6
Who is JiHyeon? Seems like a nice dude
FireBlast!
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United Kingdom5251 Posts
June 26 2006 00:35 GMT
#7
On June 26 2006 09:33 EvilTeletubby wrote:
<3 FB!

But yeah, his interview is like a carbon copy of every else. T_T


yeah sometimes theyre so painfully repetitive the only redeeming feature of translating them are seeing the happy faces of you all
Victoria Concordia Crescit
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
June 26 2006 00:36 GMT
#8
is it jihyun[joypop], i remember casy played against him in an ogn dual league qualifier
iOi
Profile Joined August 2004
Canada1255 Posts
June 26 2006 00:37 GMT
#9
Thanks man !
Tantei Shoryu
Profile Joined June 2006
Japan49 Posts
June 26 2006 01:02 GMT
#10
Thanks FB, the interviewers ask such terse questions and the players always give such heartfelt (but stereotypical) answers, lol.
One Page Memory
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
Bulgaria2145 Posts
June 26 2006 01:29 GMT
#11
<3 FB!
Jin Youngsoo before game with Savior: But, I demanded myself (of composure) by saying: Same old, same old - only a Zerg, only a Zerg
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
June 26 2006 01:51 GMT
#12
Casy Onwz.

He deserves it, even tho I voted for Chojja T_T~~~

Thank you very much FireBlast!.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
dronebabo
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
10866 Posts
June 26 2006 01:59 GMT
#13
--- Nuked ---
[X]Ken_D
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States4653 Posts
June 26 2006 03:14 GMT
#14
Another Starleague, another Terran winner :O

at least it was Casy that won
[X]Domain - I just do the website. Nothing more.
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
June 26 2006 03:16 GMT
#15
On June 26 2006 10:59 dronebabo wrote:
wow nice trophy

casy is great


Yeah, talking about that...the trophy has the form of a 2<-?, I guess it is because this is the 2nd Shinhan Starleague ;O or something. ~~
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
NonYold
Profile Joined April 2004
United States2814 Posts
June 26 2006 03:19 GMT
#16
I'm pretty sure it's an S for Shinhan
EvilTeletubby
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Baltimore, USA22261 Posts
June 26 2006 03:50 GMT
#17
On June 26 2006 12:16 FunKiE wrote:
Yeah, talking about that...the trophy has the form of a 2<-?, I guess it is because this is the 2nd Shinhan Starleague ;O or something. ~~


ROFL

I hope you weren't serious -_-;
Moderatorhttp://carbonleaf.yuku.com/topic/408/t/So-I-proposed-at-a-Carbon-Leaf-concert.html ***** RIP Geoff
EsbenPM
Profile Joined April 2006
Denmark364 Posts
June 26 2006 04:01 GMT
#18
It could aswell be an S for Starleague
Hi
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-06-26 04:04:28
June 26 2006 04:02 GMT
#19
On June 26 2006 09:36 zulu_nation8 wrote:
is it jihyun[joypop], i remember casy played against him in an ogn dual league qualifier

Well, he's on Samsung and plays zerg so I'd say yes ;p

But how can he be the starleague champion to play the least games?

They can't mean the least games in one starleague as he took the long, looooooong way around, and he's not a royal road player either..

Had all the previous royal roaders played tons of games before starleague (for instance boxer won his first starleague, but had played in game-q before.. but I dunno -_-).

Seems strange. Maybe he's just not played in anything except the starleagues ;p
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Eagleheart
Profile Joined January 2006
Sweden776 Posts
June 26 2006 04:08 GMT
#20
Seems like every single time a Terran wins the OSL.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 538
UpATreeSC 94
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1012
Dewaltoss 126
firebathero 85
Zeus 67
Trap 41
910 41
Bale 26
NaDa 23
ToSsGirL 21
Shine 15
Dota 2
Gorgc6653
420jenkins216
monkeys_forever21
Counter-Strike
edward739
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS141
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu2201
Other Games
summit1g5245
Grubby2724
B2W.Neo729
Beastyqt675
byalli420
shahzam395
KnowMe161
C9.Mang0148
TKL 140
ToD23
Railgan17
Chillindude12
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV272
BasetradeTV212
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream125
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 13
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki30
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur305
• WagamamaTV268
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
4h 10m
Kung Fu Cup
15h 10m
Stellar Fest
17h 10m
The PondCast
1d 14h
OSC
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.