• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:25
CEST 22:25
KST 05:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10932 users

[Winners Interview] KT Rolster vs Air Force ACE

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Hesmyrr
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada5776 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-11 01:30:08
March 11 2012 00:39 GMT
#1
Victor: Air Force ACE

[image loading]
Quick prayer for Canata who was ignored.


What Protoss could possibly maintain 100% victory rate against Flash? Bisu, Stork, Jangbi, Best, Kal, and free who are collectively referred to as Six Dragons all have head-to-head record which are either slightly more or less than half. (P)StarDust however remains as exception by having clean record of 2-0 against Flash. By holding back Flash on the critical point where KT could have solidified their position on the play-offs, (P)StarDust have drawn enough attention to become first in the search rankings.

Q: What is your thoughts about beating Flash?
(P)StarDust: I'm truly delighted for winning against the 'God'. I am very happy. I know I should keep my happiness reasonable considering he's the progamer like me, but it is just uncontrollable. That's how happy I am.

Q: I heard that you practiced a lot for the game against Flash.
(P)StarDust: Flash has a very excellent skill. I think Flash plays as if he could just win as long as it proceeds to the late-game no matter who his opponent is. There tends to be moment of weakness when one starts preparing for the late-game, and I exploited that opportunity.

Q: How did you prepare?
(P)StarDust: Flash is actually more easier to predict than other players. That might sound ironic but it's true. He have a pattern. I also believe it was due to the weakness in that pattern that Flash lost to Dear on his previous match against STX. If you prepare not to let your pride get wounded by those who swear about using 'cheese', I think it is perfectly possible to have a winning chance.

Q: Therefore you came up with the idea of building gateways on the middle.
(P)StarDust: The tactic was planned in advance. I thought after getting to four gateways by building three in the center, it was possible to win with the usage of reaver and shuttles. At the timing where Flash double expands to the front and back, there are only two factories present. There's a moment when there is only three tanks. I was aiming for that timing but it was delayed due to the bunker rush. Still I proceeded on confident I could break his defenses and that made me win the game.

Q: Did you only prepare for Flash?
(P)StarDust: It was possible that Zerg might have come out but I didn't believe that would happen with the situation KT was in. This series had to be won if they wanted to become 1st in the rank. Therefore Flash and Stats would be coming up first. The maps for the 2nd and 3rd match are somewhat unfavourable for Terran. So I was sure Flash would come out for the first match no matter what and correspondingly asked the coach to send me out.

Q: You really thought a lot about what moves KT would play.
(P)StarDust: It started to become clear after thinking about it a lot.

Q: You became first on the search rankings. It's been a first ever since you obtained the nickname of '100 minute protoss'.
(T/N: M18M became famous after climbing up to round of 16 in WCG Korean qualifiers. This was before he obtained his progamer license; he was considered amateur when he achieved this accomplishment.
The nickname '100 minute protoss' came from TV program called '100 minute discussion', hosted by professor Son Seok Hee who is also MBC news announcer. Name of StarDust is also Son Seok Hee.)

(P)StarDust: When I played against Sea on WCG Korean qualifiers I got first on the search ranking as '100 minute protoss', and did so once again when I beat Flash before. So including this I've been first on search rankings three times. I think I benefited a lot from sharing same name with famous personage. I am thankful to my parents.

Q: Air Force ACE also broke seven losing streak. Considering the objective of this season was play-offs aren't you bit disappointed?
(P)StarDust: At beginning of the season I (T/N: We?) wished for BO7, but because it became BO5 without Ace match planning for entries have become bit difficult. It felt strange, as if one of the teeth had come off. I also think we were pretty unlucky. We were perfectly capable of producing better results but I displayed inadequate performance as the senior and (Z)great struggled a bit as well.

Q: You will be finishing your mandatory military service during the next season.
(P)StarDust: I want to complete my service looking like a senior. I will win many times so that when people think of me they'll think 'that senior was truly important to the development of Air Force ACE'.

Q: Any last words.
(P)StarDust: This is something I never managed to say before. I love you, mom.

[Daily e-Sports Nam Yoon Sung journalist thenam@dailyesports.com]
Source - Daily e-sports

Air Force ACE winning! Also unintentionally 3k post, this must be fate.
"If watching the MSL finals makes you a progamer, then anyone in Korea can do it." - Ha Tae Ki
Ryusei-R1
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States2106 Posts
March 11 2012 00:41 GMT
#2
"I love you, mom."

WHY DID I SHED A TEAR
Jaedong plz
beatitudes
Profile Joined January 2012
United States167 Posts
March 11 2012 00:43 GMT
#3
gotta love the mom shoutout ^_^
<3
SirGlinG
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Sweden933 Posts
March 11 2012 00:43 GMT
#4
Q: Any last words.
StarDust: This is something I never managed to say before. I love you, mom.

Beating Flash can bring out a lot of courage and belief it seems. Me like!
Not my chair. Not my problem. That's what I say
hellbound
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom2242 Posts
March 11 2012 00:51 GMT
#5
NOoooo where is Canata?
Kiett
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States7639 Posts
March 11 2012 00:54 GMT
#6
Sick sniping by M18M, predicting perfectly everything from the lineups to Flash's greedy builds.

Grats on having the only >1 game perfect record against God.
Writer:o
Golgotha
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)8418 Posts
March 11 2012 01:07 GMT
#7
I salute thee sir. how BA is this guy to ask the coach to send him out to play flash?
soujiro_
Profile Joined June 2010
Uruguay5195 Posts
March 11 2012 01:20 GMT
#8
thanks a lot for the translation

m18m <3
ace hwaiting!!
BlazeFury01
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1460 Posts
March 11 2012 01:24 GMT
#9
On March 11 2012 09:39 Hesmyrr wrote:
Q: Therefore you came up with the idea of building gateways on the middle.
(P)StarDust: The tactic was planned in advance. I thought after getting to four gateways by building three in the center, it was possible to win with the usage of reaver and shuttles. At the timing where Flash double expands to the front and back, there are only two factories present. There's a moment when there is only three tanks. I was aiming for that timing but it was delayed due to the bunker rush. Still I proceeded on confident I could break his defenses and that made me



Look at my post on youtube under "TheMShady". I saw flashes weakness and in detail described what it was, one day before M18M even played flash feel free to take a look at it.

Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
March 11 2012 01:45 GMT
#10
Shoutout to his mother, how nice.
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
1Eris1
Profile Joined September 2010
United States5797 Posts
March 11 2012 01:49 GMT
#11
Aww mom love. That's so cute <3
Known Aliases: Tyragon, Valeric ~MSL Forever, SKT is truly the Superior KT!
Kimoleon
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States210 Posts
March 11 2012 01:50 GMT
#12
Thanks for the translation. He hit that timing window perfectly despite the 'strategic' move :>
Congrats on the 3k post ^^.
#nanashin #once | No Sana No Life | BW Forever ~
RezChi
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2368 Posts
March 11 2012 02:22 GMT
#13
M18M you the shit!
KenNage
Profile Joined May 2009
Chile885 Posts
March 11 2012 02:44 GMT
#14
so happy for him, ace and khan hwaiting ! i hope than in the next season fbh comes back to khan :3~
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
March 11 2012 02:56 GMT
#15
On March 11 2012 11:44 KenNage wrote:
so happy for him, ace and khan hwaiting ! i hope than in the next season fbh comes back to khan :3~


Now I think of it, KHAN will be even more stacked next year. Their Terran line will be greatly boosted along with their already mighty Tosses. Their Zerg line will improve as well since FBH's Terran vs Zerg is no laughing matter. Looks like we are taking double gold this year.
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
meegrean
Profile Joined May 2008
Thailand7699 Posts
March 11 2012 02:56 GMT
#16
If Flash hadn't lost to Dear, he definitely would have lost to this guy anyway
Brood War loyalist
avaTar[
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Mexico301 Posts
March 11 2012 03:39 GMT
#17
Wow what a nice guy.
I have always thought about this guy as a loser but reading this interview i kind of opened my eyes to realize that he actually does a lot of work and planning.
GJ m18m you have gained a fan <3
integral
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3161 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-11 04:22:45
March 11 2012 04:20 GMT
#18
Shoutout to his mom, baller protoss that beat flash, INSTANT FAN

Flash needs someone to ground him every now and again, I think the wins go to his head and he starts playing as if he were invincible. After seeing the shuttle/elevator he should've been playing more defensively. Letting that third cc get scouted was just hubris.
CosmicHippo
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States547 Posts
March 11 2012 04:28 GMT
#19
hell yeah man, that game was fucking epic, this guy kicks ass!
Yeah i've got your zerg riiiight here! *gulps beer*
ne4aJIb
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Russian Federation3209 Posts
March 11 2012 04:30 GMT
#20
It was really smart!
Bisu,Best,Stork,Jangbi and Flash, Fantasy, Leta, Light and Jaedong, Hydra, Zero, Soulkey assemble in ACE now!
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O84
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason185
BRAT_OK 52
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16087
Artosis 920
ZZZero.O 84
Hyun 41
Bale 24
NaDa 22
Dota 2
qojqva2737
League of Legends
Doublelift2970
JimRising 269
Counter-Strike
Fnx 740
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6743
Khaldor1215
Liquid`Hasu999
Other Games
summit1g7098
FrodaN2604
B2W.Neo735
ToD261
KnowMe145
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1372
BasetradeTV262
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream46
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 38
• Adnapsc2 30
• Reevou 12
• Hupsaiya 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• FirePhoenix8
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie878
• Shiphtur223
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
2h 35m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 35m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
14h 35m
Monday Night Weeklies
19h 35m
Replay Cast
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 13h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 14h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.