• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:23
CEST 18:23
KST 01:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12984 users

[Winners Interview] STX Soul vs Air Force ACE

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Kimoleon
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States210 Posts
March 03 2012 20:40 GMT
#1
And your winners, STX SouL~

STX’s Kim Yoon Hwan ((Z)Calm) “I don’t want to play (P)Kal again”.

[image loading]
So brainy and handsome


There were small talks about Kim Goo Hyun ((P)Kal) and Kim Yoon Hwan ((Z)Calm), what would happen if these two played each other and (P)Kal replied, “I hope this doesn’t happen” in a live interview. Because (P)Kal had been teammates with (Z)Calm for so long, (P)Kal added it is fortunate that I don’t have to play him because (Z)Calm’s PvZ was so good.

But (P)Kal entered Air Force ACE faster than expected and the impossible became reality. Also as (P)Kal worried about, (Z)Calm played a perfect ZvP management game and won.


Q. How do you feel winning against (P)Kal?
(Z)Calm – Honestly before (P)Kal left for the Air Force, he said “I want to play against you at least once”. But then it came true, I was so shocked. After beating him, I could only feel sorry afterwards.


Q. It seemed you both did not want to pay each other. How was it when you guys were on the same team?
(Z)Calm – Practicing against each other we repeatedly lost/won games back and forth. But when I played against (P)Kal, the games were very fun to play. The game contents were us bad mouthing each other in chat and went back and forth with harassing. That’s why I did not really want to play (P)Kal in a broadcasted match.


Q. It seems like it was the first time you were laughing in the booth.
(Z)Calm – Originally I try to concentrate hard on the game, but before entering the booth because (P)Kal was so tall our eyes met. I think that’s why I laughed. I think that moment made me less nervous in game.


Q. Your opponent knew the drop was coming but still inflicted damage. What is the main point of this strategy?
(Z)Calm – If you were to drop the right way to do it is pressure with Hydralisks and then dropping. But I even saved that resource and invested into Lurker morphing research to pull that timing. It is faster than the expected drop timing against Protoss.
(T/N – he skipped Hydralisk speed upgrade)


Q. Are you happy with your record this season?
(Z)Calm – I am a bit disappointed at my number of games, and not counting my losses I’m satisfied with my wins (T/N: gameplay). I want to show better games next season. In my match earlier with Jung Myung Hoon ((T)Fantasy) I had a build prepared but I’m sad I did not get a chance to use it.


Q. If you meet (P)Kal again, what will happen?
(Z)Calm – I think (P)Kal will psych himself out. I don’t want to play him though. When you win you’re supposed to feel good, but this does not feel great. (laugh)


Q. (P)Kal said you did not treat him to a nice meal before entering the service.
(Z)Calm – I really wanted to buy him one, but before entering the service (P)Kal did not spend his precious time with me. (laugh) I’m always ready to buy. (laugh)


Q. Any last words?
(Z)Calm – Our match against CJ Entus could be our last match of the season, I hope our team wins and ends PL on a positive note.


[Daily e-sports Lee So Ra journalist sora@dailyesports.com]
Source - Daily e-Sports
“Together with SK Telecom in the eSports world (www.sktelecom.com)”
#nanashin #once | No Sana No Life | BW Forever ~
MountainDewJunkie
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States10347 Posts
March 03 2012 21:28 GMT
#2
Amazing that STX is not in the playoffs when they a few players with really good records: Dear (7-1), Calm (7-4), Last (9-5). One mistake STX made though was playing a youngster like Last so often that of course they worsened his condition and the losing streak began.

But I agree with Calm, you may as well just play him more. He's used to the heavy work load, and even if he won half of his games, that's certainly better than fielding Classic or Modesty... or Hyvaa. Poor Hyvaa.
[21:07] <Shock710> whats wrong with her face [20:50] <dAPhREAk> i beat it the day after it came out | <BLinD-RawR> esports is a giant vagina
hellbound
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom2242 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-03 21:34:50
March 03 2012 21:34 GMT
#3
But when I played against Kal, the games were very fun to play. The game contents were us bad mouthing each other in chat and went back and forth with harassing.


I'd love to see a replay of that: "let's see how you deal with this noob"

Edit: And thanks for the translation, was looking forward to it.
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
March 03 2012 21:49 GMT
#4
On March 04 2012 06:28 MountainDewJunkie wrote:
Amazing that STX is not in the playoffs when they a few players with really good records: Dear (7-1), Calm (7-4), Last (9-5). One mistake STX made though was playing a youngster like Last so often that of course they worsened his condition and the losing streak began.

But I agree with Calm, you may as well just play him more. He's used to the heavy work load, and even if he won half of his games, that's certainly better than fielding Classic or Modesty... or Hyvaa. Poor Hyvaa.


Next season, STX have a lot of weapons in their arsenal. Calm, Bogus vs Protoss. Last, Dear vs Terran. Those four are a `sure` win versus the opposing race. They do need Modesty to pick up the slack for Zerg sniping. Mini is slowly developing too.
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
Hesmyrr
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada5776 Posts
March 03 2012 23:53 GMT
#5
Next season, ACE is going to win.
Well played by Calm though, his mass drop fake-out was very awesome display of mind-games.
"If watching the MSL finals makes you a progamer, then anyone in Korea can do it." - Ha Tae Ki
trexbqs
Profile Joined January 2011
Malaysia1731 Posts
March 04 2012 01:48 GMT
#6
Thanks for translating. I'm really appreciate it
Learn,live and love it.
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8180 Posts
March 04 2012 02:12 GMT
#7
TL has one pretty good replay of kal vs calm from like 2008. I would LOVE to have like a whole replay pack of the 2 though lol
Free Palestine
ne4aJIb
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Russian Federation3209 Posts
March 04 2012 02:22 GMT
#8
I really dream/hope Bisu,Best,Stork,Jangbi and Flash, Fantasy, Leta, Light and Jaedong, Hydra, Zero, Soulkey go to army at the same time!!!
And this team will be real dream team and will win Proleague for ACE.

Still don't understand why Last bm'ed Kal on Jade. =/
Bisu,Best,Stork,Jangbi and Flash, Fantasy, Leta, Light and Jaedong, Hydra, Zero, Soulkey assemble in ACE now!
meegrean
Profile Joined May 2008
Thailand7699 Posts
March 04 2012 02:58 GMT
#9
A new rivalry is born?
Brood War loyalist
yepenaxa
Profile Joined July 2011
Belarus2280 Posts
March 04 2012 03:01 GMT
#10
I think they were both awkward at playing each other.
also lol at "Kal was so tall our eyes met"
War. Bloody War.
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM742
TKL 338
IndyStarCraft 209
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 809
ByuN 321
TKL 318
Reynor 315
IndyStarCraft 209
Railgan 75
BRAT_OK 31
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 53104
Bisu 2769
Calm 2489
FanTaSy 740
Stork 581
Rush 469
hero 283
firebathero 178
actioN 125
Sharp 90
[ Show more ]
Sea.KH 60
Free 51
Mong 30
ToSsGirL 30
Pusan 27
soO 25
Rock 24
HiyA 18
Hm[arnc] 16
Terrorterran 14
Aegong 13
scan(afreeca) 11
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc10619
Dendi1017
Counter-Strike
fl0m5318
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King68
Heroes of the Storm
MindelVK11
Other Games
singsing2000
Liquid`RaSZi1577
B2W.Neo676
Beastyqt591
Khaldor506
Mlord467
olofmeister424
KnowMe333
crisheroes171
FrodaN71
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV249
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 16
• Adnapsc2 13
• Reevou 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach47
• Azhi_Dahaki4
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV531
League of Legends
• Nemesis3305
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1539
Other Games
• Shiphtur513
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 37m
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 37m
OSC
6h 37m
Replay Cast
6h 37m
OSC
19h 37m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.