• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:13
CEST 15:13
KST 22:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)43Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8758 users

[Interview] STX vs ACE

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
rotinegg
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States1719 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-17 14:23:38
December 17 2011 13:48 GMT
#1
STX's (P)Dear "This is my last chance"

[image loading]

From Estro to Hwaseung, then from Hwaseung to STX, Dear has moved from team to team. Being posted [=traded] twice is a rarity, but Dear finally seems to have found a home at STX Soul. Dear, who always showed potential but never broke out, played a crucial role in putting a stop to STX's losing-streak, while showing much improved game-play as well.

Q This is your first win since moving. How does it feel.
A I promised myself that I would contribute to the team a lot, and it feels good to have played a role in our team's first victory. It feels twice as good as just winning. Our team is consistently rated as one of the weaker ones, and going on a 3-loss streak just seemed to reinforce that sentiment. I hope to keep winning so that people will stop viewing our team as a pushover.

Q Not a lot of progamers get to experience the posting process, while you were posted twice already. Thoughts?
A When I was on Estro, I was a rookie without many broadcasted matches, so it was okay, but I was actually doing well and contributing to the team when Hwaseung disbanded, so I was sad. While I was waiting to be posted, it was unclear which team would pick me up, so I was very nervous.

Q How did you feel after you got a call from STX.
A It was the team I wanted, so I was happy. STX has a strong Protoss line and I would be filling the void left by (P)Kal's enlistment, so I would get a lot of chances to play. Coach Park is also known to be a great mentor, so I thought I would learn a lot on the team.

Q How have you been practicing since you joined STX.
A After joining, I practiced so much. I consider this my last chance, so I have been practicing day and night. STX isn't disbanding anytime soon, so if I do my best, I believe that I will eventually be able to join the greats of SC.

Q Your game play seems much improved.
A After joining STX, Coach Park has put in a lot of time teaching me one on one. Coach Park could hold his own against current progamers, so I am learning a lot.

Q Recently STX has been deemed an underdog.
A Internally, we are confident that STX's protoss line is strong, but a lot of us are rookies, so it is crucial that we adapt to the broadcasted environment quickly. If we do our best, the protoss line should be able to come in third or fourth.

Q Your goal this season.
A I want to contribute to our team. Every game counts in a bo5. I want to become a player that our coaching staff can rely on to bring home a win.

Q Any last words.
A I thank the coaching staff that has brought me onto the team and given me a chance to play. Also, my parents are always supporting me, and I want to thank them.

Source: Daily E-sports
Translator
Hyde
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Australia14568 Posts
December 17 2011 14:03 GMT
#2
STX isn't disbanding anytime soon

That's good to hear, we can't afford to lose another team. That's pretty cool he's getting some one on one time and a good mentor. Just what a player needs to develop. Hope he can nab more wins for STX

Thanks for the interview
Because when you left, Brood War was all spotlights and titans. Now, with the death of the big leagues, Brood War has moved to the basements and carparks. Now, Brood War is unlicensed brawls, lost teeth, and bloody fights for fistfulls of money - SirJolt
Kiante
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7069 Posts
December 17 2011 14:24 GMT
#3
I picked him on my FPL for a reason. good to see STX getting with the picture and using him finally. hopefully this is the first of many
Writer
ionize
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Ireland399 Posts
December 17 2011 15:03 GMT
#4
Thanks for the translation. Good to hear that STX keeps going. I hope they will gather some steam now.
I just love video games, what's your excuse?
soujiro_
Profile Joined June 2010
Uruguay5195 Posts
December 17 2011 15:08 GMT
#5
thank you for this translation
ace hwaiting!!
trexbqs
Profile Joined January 2011
Malaysia1731 Posts
December 17 2011 16:30 GMT
#6
Thanks for translating. I'm really appreciate it.

Learn,live and love it.
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
December 17 2011 16:58 GMT
#7
Although I was sad that Firebathero lost today, ateast Dear pulled a victory, its always good to see the Oz rookies doing well where they do.
WriterXiao8~~
chaosTheory_14cc
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada1270 Posts
December 17 2011 17:15 GMT
#8
On December 18 2011 01:58 Kipsate wrote:
Although I was sad that Firebathero lost today, ateast Dear pulled a victory, its always good to see the Oz rookies doing well where they do.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one disappointed by FBH's loss.

Thanks for the translation!
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8179 Posts
December 17 2011 20:07 GMT
#9
is coach park the head coach or an assistant coach?
Free Palestine
Yxes2211
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1587 Posts
December 17 2011 21:07 GMT
#10
I hope Dear has a break out year
Jaedong and Baby
mustaju
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Estonia4505 Posts
December 17 2011 21:51 GMT
#11
On December 18 2011 05:07 Ideas wrote:
is coach park the head coach or an assistant coach?

Pretty sure he means (P)SoO.
WriterBrows somewhat high. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndFysO2JunE
Taekwon
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8155 Posts
December 17 2011 22:11 GMT
#12
DEAR IS MY FAVE TOSS (besides kal)

I love you dearrrrrr
▲ ▲ ▲
catleaves
Profile Joined December 2010
United States506 Posts
December 17 2011 22:28 GMT
#13
thank you for the interview! keep fighting, dear! :D
^^
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
December 17 2011 23:16 GMT
#14
Good thing that STX ain't disbanding soon, this makes me feel better that we beat them pretty handily
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 654
TaKeTV 185
SteadfastSC173
ComeBackTV 153
LamboSC288
Rex52
EnkiAlexander 7
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy11
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech178
SteadfastSC 173
LamboSC2 88
Rex 52
BRAT_OK 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 36602
Shuttle 3126
Horang2 935
Bisu 931
Jaedong 726
Mini 609
EffOrt 556
Light 460
BeSt 348
Soma 344
[ Show more ]
firebathero 340
Hyuk 320
Stork 307
Snow 169
Zeus 161
Rush 155
Last 150
ggaemo 147
ZerO 142
Pusan 91
Leta 83
hero 69
Killer 56
sorry 56
Mong 45
Sharp 44
Mind 42
Bale 28
Aegong 27
Shinee 27
Shine 25
ToSsGirL 24
soO 23
Trap 23
Sexy 22
Terrorterran 20
NotJumperer 16
Yoon 16
Free 14
PianO 13
HiyA 10
JulyZerg 9
Noble 7
Sacsri 7
zelot 7
Icarus 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5799
qojqva1681
Dendi862
420jenkins63
Fuzer 55
League of Legends
Reynor108
Counter-Strike
x6flipin424
markeloff162
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2222
crisheroes975
XaKoH 150
Other Games
gofns38745
singsing2193
olofmeister1477
B2W.Neo954
Mlord243
DeMusliM185
Livibee178
Liquid`VortiX122
Hui .117
Mew2King101
ArmadaUGS92
QueenE88
Chillindude18
Railgan12
ZerO(Twitch)12
fpsfer 0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream130
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 64
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix5
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1809
League of Legends
• Jankos2232
• TFBlade773
• Nemesis762
Other Games
• WagamamaTV183
Upcoming Events
OSC
10h 47m
Stellar Fest
23h 47m
OSC
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 20h
Online Event
1d 21h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.